Tracker shows more then 50% player drop in hunting globals!

Status

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
8th Oct. 2010
Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 51 of 4602

10th Oct. 2010
Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 66 of 2861

6th Nov 2010
Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): xxx of 2928

Mining Stats:
Current rank (30 days): xxxx of 1960

Crafting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): xxx of 1464

26. Feb 2011
Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 159 of 3173

Mining Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 946 of 1998

Crafting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 282 of 1630

10. June 2011
Hunting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 69 of 3218

Mining Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 574 of 2157

Crafting Stats:
Current rank (30 days): 176 of 1585
This is what my Entropiatracker showed just now!

I cant put a date on it, but it was certainly during VU10, I remember my rank beeing Current rank (30 days): XX of 12xxx ... 11xxx or even 10xxx... but only 4602 players having 1 global in the last 30days gets me thinking.... and no, the other 6000payers havent just teamed up all of a sudden :silly2:

I know there are other tracker clients out there, then EntropiaTracker, anyone else care to post info, to confirm this?

Last edited:
I noticed this too. MA fucking around with us hunters HAS to have something to do with it! (No spawns.. fucked up radar.. etc)

seems everyone is driving or flying around these days. hopefully it will spur the devs to get on the fixes for us....

A number of factors probably contribute to low globals this month:

1. Disappearing mob spawns
2. Daikiba mission (saw quite a few normally globalling players hanging out there)
3. New PA with lots to explore, missions to complete, punies to hunt
4. New vehicles to play with, esp. flying around instead of hunting
5. Spike in ore/enmat prices encourages more mining

A number of factors probably contribute to low globals this month:

1. Disappearing mob spawns
2. Daikiba mission (saw quite a few normally globalling players hanging out there)
3. New PA with lots to explore, missions to complete, punies to hunt
4. New vehicles to play with, esp. flying around instead of hunting

You forgot the most obvious one: people not playing because they are sick and tired of losing >50% on anything they do.

I wish ET had a graph plotting the total daily loot value for each profession so we could easily see how much less loot drops now compared to a few years ago.

You forgot the most obvious one: people not playing because they are sick and tired of losing >50% on anything they do.

No doubt some are just not playing at all due to poor returns. But poor returns could also be why so many spend time flying around or hunting 16,000 daikiba young.

Actually the tracker shows a drop in the global & HOF rates. That's *probably* proportional to hunting activity in game, but it's not an absolute. I'd wager that there is less hunting going on due to all the resaons cited though.

lol thread moved to tracker section, good way to bury a valid question

Not hunting lately due to bad returns (alot lower than normal) 33 - 41% ... with a real lack of item drops.

Screenie or it didn't happen?...... meh.

12K was when teams were included in the "XXX of YYY".... Without teams it was about 9'ish K... still a very big drop.. :)

Reactions: das
Is there anyone who likes how the loot system works? No wonder people stop doing whatever they are doing.

Since VU2010.4 I have lots of freeze crash.
I can´t do a comon 500 PED hunt without a crash.

My experience so far, showed me that it needs a 500 PED hunt to force a global.

You see, I can´t do that without interception, due to lost serverstability with that VU.

Less globals!

Just another less obvious point...

I think that FPC should have announced beforehand that a random selection of players accross the game would recieve a questionaire. I have to admit that when my housemate recieved one and not myself, I did initially have a feeling of being exlcuded.

It's just a matter of perception, finding out in game or through other channels "after the event" makes those not chosen feel not valued as customers. If told beforehand that a sample of the playerbase may recieve a survey, then people understand it is not all players.

Again perhaps a small contributing factor, making half or more of the playerbase feel alienated is really not a wise move. I don't think for a minute that this was deliberate or anything, just a few words beforehand would make everyone aware rather than thinking "why the fck didn't I get one blahblahblah whine...".

The drop in activity is a combination of factors in my humble opinion, but thats for another thread or for MA/FPC to figure out. I think if they took the time to read through the forum past the sycophantic* posts by some here, all or at least most of the factors have come up.

*syc·o·phant (s k -f nt, s k -). n. A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people. ...

Are you in the wrong thread?

Well you talk about the questionare alienating people....Kimmis' thread is about a drop in hunting percentages.

This is in response to Norberts' heavily edited posts that made little sense :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My impact :

1) Due to work can play a little less lately
2) When I do, I'm doing the small mobs missions so I don't global (almost don't)

I bet the (2) is a major factor, because I know many people grinding those little buggers to get the rewards

PS : I noticed the drop too but then thought about myself ;)

i look at tracker volume daily in mining since the market improved only about 150 to 200 more unique globals.

i have noticed a big decline too kimmi. during the longtooth/eomon saga we did wee upwards to 12k as was mentioned. around the time the drone elite/big bulk robo saga began it was still 12k but about 2 weeks after that (daikiba mission?) the number slow fell down to what it is now.

my best guess is bugs such as radar, mob spawn, etc have helped hasten that decline. could be general bordom too who knows. before the longtooth saga we had numbers simular to what we have now by the way but less mining and crafting unique globals.

kosmos

getting crap all loot return in regular hunting and no chance of items... whats the point? wait for the next event. its what the smart hunters have been doing for years.

Bad loot has caused me to significantly decrease my ingame time. :(

There is one possible positive reason the numbers have dropped, and that would be if they had "flattened" the loot payouts as many have requested, so there are more "minis" between 20-45 ped filling the gap.

HOWEVER... this is an extremely optimistic possibility, and nothing in my experience of loot backs up this theory in any way. But it is possible.

hits

Im not as active solo hunting,for some reason after last update I keep taking critical armour damage (81 one time) so peds I would normally invest in ammo now goes for armour repair,and 1.73 on loot for over 5 ped ammo burnt is not much of an incentive.Not exacact numbers but you get the idea. I mainly do events or some hunting while mining which hasn't been very good either. Not whining,just stating.Love the game could go out today and HOF,you just never know.

Hmmm, maybe MA prepares for a big payout to a miffed up player and has to save lots of $$

For me I have to say, yes 16,6k Merps take some time and 0 Globals isnt much for so many killed, I know it is a very small, Mob (Young,Mature).

PS:
I think I did not have much of a loss from these 16,6k untaxed Merps. OK mining while looking for Merps helped a bit.

but still I have to agree, two >5 years playing IRL friends stopped playing and are selling out and they most probabely not the only ones.....

Maybe lesser 6 figure loots and better average return will break this vicious circle.

I stopped multiboxing 6000 accounts, that's why this sudden drop in players globaling. And oh, I made profit with them all.. That's why everyone's complaining about bad loot, but it will pick up now because I'm going to vegas! holla at me dawgz

I guess Im the stupid one.... that keep on hunting and playing I meen. :silly2:

Its just the bad economy that the world is in right now. People don't have as much money to spend on expensive video games like EU, which means MA has less income, which means they pay out less, which leads to less people being satisfied and quitting... its a vicious cycle. The economy is slowly recovering, more jobs are opening up, people are getting back on their feet. Soon they will have the disposable income they had before and will deposit more, MA will have more money and can pay out more, and people will come back when they hear everyone is getting better loot.

You can quit now and make the problem worse for the moment, and hope it gets better later, or just stick with it and try to weather the worst of the storm. I play this game for the entertainment value, not for some bizarre concept of trying to make money playing a video game. Try scaling back what you do so your at a more affordable level if your having problems where you are at. With what I can afford right now I cant hunt at my highest level because I cant afford the 200 PED ammo I need per hunt, thats about my entire deposit limit for a week, and it lasts one hunt. I decided to go back and hunt small and do some mining. Still having fun with the game :D

There is one possible positive reason the numbers have dropped, and that would be if they had "flattened" the loot payouts as many have requested, so there are more "minis" between 20-45 ped filling the gap.

C'mon.... it can't be that...? Right? I mean... for the last 4-5 years I have seen countless posts & threads pleading that MA|FPC balance the loot to result in fewer globals / HoFs and more normal loot.

What if they actually did it..? Complaints are the reward for that?

/sarcasm

No matter what happens to loot, there will be those that complain about the results. Entropia Tracker is a very nice tool, and it has improved over time to something that is very close to providing a viable source of statistical data (I download the raw data to do my own analysis ;) ). However, no matter how you spin the data the fact remains: it only records globals... loot greater than or equal to 50 PED. If the loots are balanced out to provide for greater "normal" loots then globals will not acurrately reflect the returns for the community (not that it ever did ;) )

Status
Back