My worst hunt ever, thanks Mindark.

Mariko Ninja

Prowler
Society
The Gladiators
Mariko Ninja Torranaga
Today I went to hunt some atrox for my 10k mission.
Started at Nate Valley but soon moved to Jurra Plateau because of low spawns and darkness.
That’s when things went really wrong.

Arrived at Jurra and started to hunt big atrox up to prowlers.
After about 50ped into the hunt I just finished an atrox old alpha, wanted to loot it when the
screen went grey. Connection lost, great !
Logged back in to claim my loot. Ehm where did all the atrox and my kill go ?

Waited and around 30 seconds new atrox respawned around me, all small atrox now.
And no sign of my dead atrox old alpha, nice, I wonder what the loot size was on that one.
I forget about the loot and continue, 45peds later, connection lost, again.
Log back in and find myself at the teleporter in Nate Valley, wth ?
Quick check shows ammo didn’t adjust, same as just before I got disconnected.
Rush back to Jurra to finish off the provider that’s now grazing there damaged.
Again no atrox and no damaged provider.

Great that’s number two I add to the losses.
Atrox respawn and this time there are again big atrox.
Continue the hunt and all looks fine, well except the loot, but gotten used to that the past two months.
About 150 ped into the hunt I take on a prowler, long battle and he sends me three times to the revival.
But I got him and he’s going down screaming, while my screen turns grey.

Again disconnected, log back in and hello again Nate Valley.
Rush back to Jurra to claim my atrox prowler loot, but again no atrox !
My dead prowler is gone together with all other atrox. Again add this one to my losses and move on.
This time I’m able to finish the hunt, teleport to the teleporter, disconnected.
This time after I log back in I stand again in full armor in a fresh atrox spawn,
no ammo and eating decay like mad.
Sigh, take off my armor and take a free ride to the revival.
Teleport again to the teleporter and this time I make it to Nea’s Place.

Find the trade terminal and check my loot, oops, check my decay, ouch!
That’s 22% return this hunt, I will take these losses like I always have done.
However I’m reaching the point where I really wonder why I should continue ?

Just had to get this off my chest....

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that. Hope you made a support case.

Really sorry to hear that. Hope you made a support case.

Why file support case? All she'll get is....

Loot is avatar based and not mob based. Sorry to hear about your bad hunt but EU is dynamic. Sometimes you go through good periods and sometimes you go through bad periods. During these bad periods we suggest you check out some of the other professions the Entropia Universe has to offer.

Wow Mariko, ty for sharing your frustration with us. I too get d/c and log back in to find no mob where did he go? Usually mobs that are taken down and not looted prompty don't disappear for a good few minutes b4 vanishing not as soon as u log out. Recently had a 22% return rate on drones this week, worst hunt I have had ever just like yours.

Lost 150ped+ just like you did on the atrox's :rolleyes:. Btw this was 3 runs on different days different hours same location, I went back cause I thought they would pay up but didnt. So sorry this happened to you and I really feel what your going through. But you just keep straddling along, with your chin up (barely).

22% return? wow, grats! That's more than I get most of the time! You're lucky. Sure, it could be better, but it sure beats 10%.

22% return? wow, grats! That's more than I get most of the time! You're lucky. Sure, it could be better, but it sure beats 10%.
Wow Jot what mob exactly do you hunt, snablesnot :confused:. Just curious not trying to be funny but neither is that return rate of 10% :eek:.

Wow Jot what mob exactly do you hunt, snablesnot :confused:. Just curious not trying to be funny but neither is that return rate of 10% :eek:.

Depends on how it was your calculating. Example, your tools and weapons have 250% MU. And after, you hunt 100 peds based on TT (but this is 250 peds with MU) and obtains, in a bad day, 60 peds based on TT (but TT=MU, because hunting loot normally has not MU). If you calculate based on TT is 60%. But if you calculate based on MU you have only 24%. ;) - HOWEVER, all calculations that we must do is always based on TT, because Mindark never will receive any MU from us.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm sorry, but 10% is a little unbelievable and here's why:

Mobs give back ON AVERAGE around the same value it costs to kill. If you kill 100 mobs, to only get 10% in return, means you had 10 successful loots and 90 no loots. It just doesn't work like that over that many mobs killed. No loots happen a lot less frequently than 90% of the time.

Now if you are only killing 10 mobs at a time, then it would be quite possible to only get 10% as you could have 4 no loots, loot, then 5 no loots. That pattern has happened to me plenty. My suggestion is to kill more mobs on your runs...

To the OP, sorry to hear about your losses. Losing connection in the middle of a hunt, especially right as you are about to loot a mob is the worst. Unfortunately, I doubt a support case would help anything. Hopefully a little luck gets sent your way to make up for it though!

Thanks all for the support, but don’t get me wrong here, it’s not about the loots.
I didn’t expect great returns on this hunt, had a good atrox hunt yesterday.
And I do understand you can't win always, others need to get paid back too.
And as I'm still in the top 100 hunters list, I can't complain about loot. ;)

It’s the instability hitting me bad the past weeks, messing up more hunts. Not a word
from Mindark or FPC on this in the past weeks. Not a good show of support to the player base
who keeps them alive. And for some weird reason I can’t visit Port Atlantis anymore without all
graphics settings on low. If I set it higher I run out of 3gb mem within 30 minutes.

So I decided to do the 10k Atrox mission, yet there now I also get disconnects, at Jurra, Ithaca and
on Amethera. And today was just the drop that ticked me off, first I thought it was my connection.
But found all mobs respawning on my return and not just one time. Even after 30 minutes I got send
back to Nate Valley after a connection lost. But at the end of my hunt the system knew I had been
hunting at Jurra and dropped me right in a new spawn of atrox. :laugh:

Menace is right, that’s why I won’t bother with an support case anymore.
Standard response and case closed. I do try other professions often, yet my returns there are poor
even after three years. Mining finally starting to pick up and had a good 200ped mining run this morning
with only minor losses. But I guess I will have to stop hunting if these disconnects keep going on.

Correct DoubleWolf, however lately for me, most mobs loot around 1/3 of the killing cost.
Mini’s and/or globals tend to make up for the rest mostly. I see this on ambulimax, atrox, kingfisher, big allophyl, big feffoids and Araneatrox. The past two months 8 out of 10 hunts I got only the ammo returned.
Hit 2x an global spree in these two months, these paid back most of the repairs and weapons decay.

Last edited:
Ouch that's harsh, it's happened to me more times than I can remember where I get disconnected straight after I kill a mob. If everyone in the region gets disconnected, than it's MA's fault and it's such a large deterrent to new players. :(

But oh well, it could have been worse :). MA should at least warn the region 10 minutes prior to the 'server-restart' or whatever was happening.

You are not the only one feeling that you are searching for a reason to continue

I know how you feel :( lost alot of peds the last week around that area :rolleyes:

Mobs give back ON AVERAGE around the same value it costs to kill. If you kill 100 mobs, to only get 10% in return, means you had 10 successful loots and 90 no loots. It just doesn't work like that over that many mobs killed. No loots happen a lot less frequently than 90% of the time.

Now if you are only killing 10 mobs at a time, then it would be quite possible to only get 10% as you could have 4 no loots, loot, then 5 no loots. That pattern has happened to me plenty. My suggestion is to kill more mobs on your runs...

To the OP, sorry to hear about your losses. Losing connection in the middle of a hunt, especially right as you are about to loot a mob is the worst. Unfortunately, I doubt a support case would help anything. Hopefully a little luck gets sent your way to make up for it though!

I have Had Plenty Of 10%-18% Return On Hunting Runs. It Is Believeable. I Have Gone On A Few Hunts And Came Back With More No Loots Than Anything. Also, Just Because It Was A Low Return Rate Doesn't Mean They Got 90% No Loots.... It Could Also Mean That The Little Loot That Was Received Was Crap Or A Shitload Of Fragments.

Just Because It Doesn't Or Hasn't Happened To You Like That Doesn't Mean That Its Unbelieveable :rolleyes:

-Bemo-

Mariko... the exact same thing happened to me 2 days ago; I was at Ithaca, hunting... yes, Atrox. The difference with me was that when I got disconnected the second time... I stayed logged off :D.

And, I'm still off; maybe I'll try it again tonight. 2 disconnects... 3 days minimum not touching EU. Maybe someday, someone will check logs and figure things out (like why Net Sales are waaaaay down this year).
I'm not saying they'll do anything because of me alone... far from it, as I'm sure I don't matter at all, but if enough people do it maybe they'll do something.

I have Had Plenty Of 10%-18% Return On Hunting Runs. It Is Believeable. I Have Gone On A Few Hunts And Came Back With More No Loots Than Anything. Also, Just Because It Was A Low Return Rate Doesn't Mean They Got 90% No Loots.... It Could Also Mean That The Little Loot That Was Received Was Crap Or A Shitload Of Fragments.

Just Because It Doesn't Or Hasn't Happened To You Like That Doesn't Mean That Its Unbelieveable :rolleyes:

Okay Bemo. Since this isn't the first time I've heard you complain about poor returns, I have a little task for you. Because you don't track your own returns and have results to share, I want you to find me a project thread, whether it be here on PCF or anywhere on the web, that shows the results of the project coming in at less than an 80% TT return rate. (this is an open challenge to anyone else that would like to play along as well...)

Despite what some people would like to tell you, all avatars ARE created equal and the loot system works the same for me as it does for you, as it does for everyone else. And we all have the same chance of hitting big lucky uber HOFs...

I will just take in a deep breath of fresh air, before i decide to write flame.

Actually, sigh. I wont even do that.

Sorry to hear about your loot lately.

If it makes you feel better, I gave up hunting and tried mining, and now my sphincter could take a baked beans tin. :(

I think the philosophy of 50% on most runs will finish this game - that's my last 4 mining runs anyway.

Trying to work out what to do next. Crafting ?

I could see your 80% return tt happen easily with someone using too low dps weapon, way too much armor decay and excessive fap use.

However if we go with just tt return off of just weapon amp decay + ammo, I would find it hard to see below 80% returns.

God bless, hotei

About the disconnect, have you tried lowering sound quality to low setting, as that was enough to stay ingame after the phenomenally bad vtol VU? I still notice some weird loops in sound sometimes, maybe its not quite fixed.

22% is really low. I try to stay away from atroxes, as their loot looks like I need 10k peds or more to find the one that pays back what is lost. But never had so low return, 60+ % maybe.

Change mob? At least for some time?

I had the same problem just now. The difference was, it was a different mob AND different location.

Just about ten minutes ago, my friend Natty and I decided to hunt hogglos after another unsuccessful falx run with an ex-soc member. We arrived at TI City with high hopes, as we had always done good on hogglo hunts, no matter who we were with. The first one went down pretty well, and I didn't pay attention to the loot. On the second one, Natty died, and i finished it off no problem. I waited for him to get back, and tagged another. We were half-way through shooting it and I accidentally agro'ed another. Natty died, as he was one with more damage to the mobs, receiving more damage in return. With both of then on me, I expected to take down the almost dead one and fap until Natty returned. I did finish the one, but as i tried to loot it, it wouldn't work. I figured it was regular loot lag, so I was patient and started on the next hogglo. I began to shoot, and realized that i wasn't doing any damage. I was perfectly in range, I had enough ammo, my amp was fully repaired, I couldn't think of any reason for this. Suddenly, Natty and I both lost connection.

We logged back on, only to find myself at New Oxford, and Natty at TI City, with no armor on. He ran to loot the mob, but it wasn't there, and neither was the one that attacked us. Needless to say, he was a little frustrated. We cooled off and just headed for another mob. In the middle of killing this one, we were booted, again. Once we logged back in, I was again at New Oxford, and Natty was at TI City with no armor on. We were both done. He logged off to file a support case, and I logged off to post.

If MA expects us to deposit, giving them money to buy more servers, and let let us crash mid-hunt, they are going to have some very, very displeased players. I know this stuff has happened before, on many occasions, but they should fix it before implementing fancy new VU's that they can't control.

This is VERY possible dude.. One of the reason I stopped wearing armor and even carrying weapons was due to insanely long no loot streeks. I used to kill mobs as I mined but when I would go 200 to 300 mobs with not a pec return as I mined I plain stopped. All my efforts in mining were getting pissed away on hunting.

Now since MA has put trash mobs on every square inch of land I no longer shoot, heal, nor wear armor when I go mining.
I didnt mind clearing claims before as we used to get some loot for doing so. With the addition of missions to simply suck ped from us this has gotten wayyyyy outta hand so I dont bother any longer.

Add to that the never ending event that is going on and the automatic 35% loot reduction that comes with events (not counting the "Special" players that compete in them) for every one hunting on Calypso is a total freakin joke.

This is VERY possible dude.. One of the reason I stopped wearing armor and even carrying weapons was due to insanely long no loot streeks. I used to kill mobs as I mined but when I would go 200 to 300 mobs with not a pec return as I mined I plain stopped. All my efforts in mining were getting pissed away on hunting.

Now since MA has put trash mobs on every square inch of land I no longer shoot, heal, nor wear armor when I go mining.
I didnt mind clearing claims before as we used to get some loot for doing so. With the addition of missions to simply suck ped from us this has gotten wayyyyy outta hand so I dont bother any longer.

Add to that the never ending event that is going on and the automatic 35% loot reduction that comes with events (not counting the "Special" players that compete in them) for every one hunting on Calypso is a total freakin joke.

I gave up hunting in August, I've tried mining and after 4 decently long excursions and getting 50% back each time, I'm considering just logging in from time to time and maybe dipping my toe in the water in 2011.

Last edited:
personally never had this bug, but it sounds annoying.... sorry to hear things got messed up. I made a support case the other day telling FPC/MA how their support sucks a monkeys ass, and got the answer that they thank me for the feedback and will do their best to improve it.

I am really sure they will do their best to improve stuff for us!

Imo, if they want EU to get big, they need to give us a MUCH more stable return .... Something that lowered the monthly costs by a lot... People will just join, play a few years and quit after having long talking sessions to their shrinks.... This game is mind blowing in all ways :)

I hope things turn out better for you, personally I love the game but I agree sometimes we have sick periods, should not be allowed to do this :)

Had a similar story a while back but support just shut me down like i wasnt more valued then dirt. Frustrating to not beeing able to do anything about whats happening to me and my avatar (thats out of the ordinary ofcourse)

Seems like all we can do in most cases is to bend over and say "Thank you sir, may I have another"

:eyecrazy:

Okay Bemo. Since this isn't the first time I've heard you complain about poor returns, I have a little task for you. Because you don't track your own returns and have results to share, I want you to find me a project thread, whether it be here on PCF or anywhere on the web, that shows the results of the project coming in at less than an 80% TT return rate. (this is an open challenge to anyone else that would like to play along as well...)

Despite what some people would like to tell you, all avatars ARE created equal and the loot system works the same for me as it does for you, as it does for everyone else. And we all have the same chance of hitting big lucky uber HOFs...

Well First Off, Yes I Have Tracked My Runs In The Past. That Is How I Know That My Returns Were Low, Around 65ish%. I Stopped Tracking Cause It Was Just Showing a Long Slow Downward Trend And I Got Tired Of It So I Stopped.

People ARE Allowed Their Opinions No Matter What YOU Think Is Right Or Wrong And It Is Not Your Place To Tell Them That Issues They Have Had Are Unbelievable Or Not True. No I Do Not Think All Ava's Are Equal, That Is My Opinion And I Am Allowed To Have It.

-Bemo-

People ARE Allowed Their Opinions No Matter What YOU Think ...... I Do Not Think All Ava's Are Equal, That Is My Opinion And I Am Allowed To Have It.

Well as double-wolf said, also I think are created equal. But as Bemo says, once created are not equal; and I think the reason is very simple, since they have different puppeteers. ;)

Well First Off, Yes I Have Tracked My Runs In The Past. That Is How I Know That My Returns Were Low, Around 65ish%. I Stopped Tracking Cause It Was Just Showing a Long Slow Downward Trend And I Got Tired Of It So I Stopped.

People ARE Allowed Their Opinions No Matter What YOU Think Is Right Or Wrong And It Is Not Your Place To Tell Them That Issues They Have Had Are Unbelievable Or Not True. No I Do Not Think All Ava's Are Equal, That Is My Opinion And I Am Allowed To Have It.

Well you're right, people are allowed to their opinions. Numbers are not opinions though, numbers are fact. Numbers are evidence. And the evidence shows that no one gets "65ish%" returns over time.

I've been tracking my own loot for the last year, and I started because I was curious to see if what everyone was saying about the whole "90% average returns" was true or not. I really had no clue what I was going to find. I just finished a whole year of tracking a few days ago, and my overall returns for that year were 90.85%.

My WORST run over the course of that year where I had at least 100 loot generating opportunities brought me back a 35.22% return. I have had worse runs than that, but they were runs that I tracked with only a handful of mob kills or craft attempts. Not enough to get loot to average out to any reasonable number.

The only reason I get on people for making claims like "65ish%" returns or 10% returns on a run is because the EVIDENCE suggests this isn't true. I really, truly would love to see evidence that contradicts this. Perhaps by challenging people on these outlandish claims, it might motivate them to actually start tracking and putting up some proof. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened.

I think many know deep down they are wrong, and don't want to start tracking and be proven wrong. Some know their method of play is completely illogical (like using UL weapons while tanking mobs on taxed land) and they would be embarrassed to share their returns with the public, knowing that's how they play. Others don't want to be bothered with doing all this tracking nonsense to find out. Well if you aren't going to track your own returns, you probably shouldn't be making claims about what your average returns are. What you "feel" your returns are and what they ACTUALLY are is two different things.

It's like some religions that argue the earth is only 6,500 years old. MOUNTAINS of evidence point to it being around 4.5 billion years old. But some people are too stubborn to be bothered with researching things like "evidence" and "scientific testing"

Reactions: JJO
You know, Bemo, you're a soc mate of mine. It's in my interest to see you succeed, and I want to help you do that.

It sounds to me like my results, or whatever it is that I am doing differently, seems to be working better than what you're doing for yourself. It might be wise of you to take some notes instead of challenging me on this.

I've always said that if you want to be successful, you should learn from successful people. That's just as true in this game as it is in the real world.

But if you're going to challenge me on this particular issue that I'm known for debating, on a PUBLIC forum, I have no reservations about calling you out and lighting you up. Believe that.

I feel for you dude.... but all I can say is thank your lucky stars you weren't crafting.

Back