My worst hunt ever, thanks Mindark.

I'm sorry,

BUT

If you do not hunt out of your league and you kill at least, say 500-1000 mobs in a run you will not end up with just 20-30% return ... not gonna happen ...

If you do not believe me, look at long hunting logs ... they tell you constant losses, but none in the region some fairies here talk about

Angel

20-30% or min 50%, what's it gonna be?
small diffrence..
worst descent sized run wo going over my lvl was 42% tt return..

AAh wait during an sga patch there was this bug where mobs would vannish after kill wo th eoption to loot.. that was a whopping 0% return :D

Want me to search the support case? :D

And those of us who could count hunting runs over 50% TT return in the last year on 1 hand, might think you're lying or exaggerating about how great your returns are. ;)
I'm just sayin....:laugh:

If you have the data to back it up, you should be able to tell me EXACTLY how many runs you've had that were greater than 50% in the last year.

Me?

370 out of 489 runs tracked came back with >50%. 131 came back with a profit (>100%).

In other words, 76% of the time, my runs are greater than 50%. 27% of the time, I come back with a profit.

Your turn ;)

Any others for me to look at? :D

I like very much the Hugh Willose´s Log: here

However, Willose want to lose. but He has not been able to be a looser, for that:

Total Hunt Costs = 256,759
Total Loot = 258,049

Profit= 1,290 ;)

Its true that this results was reached to a long time period. Then people must to know besides the return rate, the recycling period time minimun for obtains similar results. (90% return rate based on TT. Ace Flyster has a similar Log for mining, and his results is near to 88% - )

But, as i said in another post. Avatars was created equals. However, once created, they have differents puppeteers. Such thing affects always the results. Because a player with more common sense than another (or inclusive more money), in a long time period, could obtain a better results than second.-

I've seen his before. He does a pretty good job of tracking a lot of different information. It started out missing some of the important stuff like total TT spent and total TT returned (it could be calculated from his averages, or from each mob totals), but it has that info now, and each month, his total TT average improved from the previous.

But his log doesn't include his mining or crafting activities, which he seems to do a fair amount of as well. I'm a big fan of including this information when talking about overall returns as some payback or loss could be happening in those areas that aren't being included in a pure hunting log.

For mining Ace Flyster´s Log. Surely you know about it, too. ;)

I do know about that one :D

Again though, it only covers his mining and says nothing about his hunting or crafting. But for what it does, it does it well.

I really liked Manique's 2010 Return Tracking log, though it hasn't been updated in quite awhile. I guess he is going to update it at year's end, though it would've been nice to follow on a month to month basis.

However, Willose want to lose. but He has not been able to be a looser, for that:

Total Hunt Costs = 256,759
Total Loot = 258,049

Profit= 1,290 ;)

Its true that this results was reached to a long time period. Then people must to know besides the return rate, the recycling period time minimun for obtains similar results. (90% return rate based on TT. Ace Flyster has a similar Log for mining, and his results is near to 88% - )

But, as i said in another post. Avatars was created equals. However, once created, they have differents puppeteers. Such thing affects always the results. Because a player with more common sense than another (or inclusive more money), in a long time period, could obtain a better results than second.-

I did the argo mission and also tracked my returns,

the average is 90-95%% tt, no armor or fap decay included, cause that is dependent on personal defense skills.

I know its not fair to compare argo young and atrox prawlers, but I feel the same thing could be applied.

gl next time tho,

Some.

Last edited:
I'm sorry,

BUT

If you do not hunt out of your league and you kill at least, say 500-1000 mobs in a run you will not end up with just 20-30% return ... not gonna happen ...

If you do not believe me, look at long hunting logs ... they tell you constant losses, but none in the region some fairies here talk about

Angel

Oh, just saw this.
This is exactly what I mean!

If you kill enough - you wont regret it, if you do then you cannot afford hunting this mob anyway.

If you're not killing AT LEAST 500 mobs - you are kinda, i hate to use this word, gambling and saying to yourself "i've lost so much and this time I will definitely hit something big" (Gamblers fallacy), and you will get taxed for this behavior, no matter how much skills you have ingame.

Peace,
Some

Last edited:
srry, can't + you atm.. at least now you say you don't include armor & fapcost wich is easely 5-10%
wich makes the diffrence between 42% & 50% return runs ;)

I'll + you later :D

Looking at your equipment and skills, Prowlers are way over your lvl. Atrox Alpha i'd say is your limit.
When i was at my highest level 2,5 years ago, with blp sniper hit lvl 84 and 200 hp i only did prowlers in teams because they where a bit too tough. Heck, I rarely touched AoA neither. Similar evade and armor i had too if i recall.
So my advise is as others has said, go for lower maturity. Sure, it can be fun now and then to test some tougher mobs, but always expect a loss if doing so with the extra cost of death and decay. :)

Bullshit...

Skills are fine with AoA, equipment is fine too, maybe crank the CB26 up with a dante amp to pack more of a punch.

I have slightly higher skills to the person in question and can do an atrox alpha in plated pixie FFS! :rolleyes:

Reactions: das
well, amount of kills during a run does matter, but 500-1k is a bit exagurated.
Don't tell me stryker does 500-1000 drone elites in a run or 500 dasps couse that is BS

srry, can't + you atm.. at least now you say you don't include armor & fapcost wich is easely 5-10%
wich makes the diffrence between 42% & 50% return runs ;)

I'll + you later :D

deal, ;)

but I was using settler 5a and an imp fap, so ~2.5ped decay for a 720ped run ;)

well, amount of kills during a run does matter, but 500-1k is a bit exagurated.
Don't tell me stryker does 500-1000 drone elites in a run or 500 dasps couse that is BS

This does not mean that he's doing better on average then he would've done if he did do 500 of Elites. ;)

6k hp * 500 mobs * 0.03pec/hp (with MM) = 90k ped cycle

Some

Last edited:
Yeah doing 500 mobs on a single run will have you playing for quite a long time. You should be able to do 100 or so quite easily within an hour or two.

My only suggestion is to have enough ped on hand to kill around 2000 mobs of whatever it is you are hunting. This will give your loot a chance even out to a decent return and will assure you still have enough ped to get to that point.

This is my primary gripe with the game, because if you use this strategy and you're hunting things that cost around 4 ped to kill (like an Atrox), it means you should have 8,000 ped on hand to assure a reasonable return. This is a lot for most players that only deposit 500 ped a month and then blow through it all by TTing stuff in order to get out and hunt again.

Everyone has bad loot cycles.

Grind through them!

Bullshit...

Skills are fine with AoA, equipment is fine too, maybe crank the CB26 up with a dante amp to pack more of a punch.

I have slightly higher skills to the person in question and can do an atrox alpha in plated pixie FFS! :rolleyes:

Are you for real? What you can do, and what is effective to do is 2 different things. Sure, plated pixie works as long as your not critted. So if you want to save peds, go for a maturity that fits your equipment/skill. Thought that was common knowledge by now lol.

Are you for real? What you can do, and what is effective to do is 2 different things. Sure, plated pixie works as long as your not critted. So if you want to save peds, go for a maturity that fits your equipment/skill. Thought that was common knowledge by now lol.

Re-read your original post. You stipulated that the individual was not skilled enough to take down an AOA. While I agree with you, in part, about the equipment, I totally disagree about the skill set.

Anyway, each to their own :)

No offence but Grrrrr is spot on.

I do know very well when a mob is over my head, and Prowler isn’t.
They are risky in Boar+5b I do know that, that’s why on most hunts I only hunt a hand full of Prowlers same with AOA. The highest normal hit I get from them is around 85. Yet often they hit below that, 1 to 60, and the rare one doesn't hit me at all. The UR125 heals good enough to get me back to full health. One out of ten might send me to the revival one time, but most don’t. When I really want to hunt AOA and Prowlers,
I will use martial + 5b, then they are not hard at all, unless they crit. :laugh:

However I do not do these hunts often, mostly I hunt at Ithaca or on OLA #02 north of Nate Valley.
About two times a week I’m at Jurra because there it’s quiet and all Atrox I find there, Young up to
Prowlers and a rare Stalker. And why do I take on AOA and Prowlers ? Because they give me the best
skill gains, and so far all paid for their killing cost. And a big plus about that spot is, there is an service
station in the middle of the spawns. ;)

And I like the challenge and it’s fun. I do not know how Prowlers hit 2.5 years ago, but I have been hunting them in a team for over a year now. Solo I started with them about 3 months ago. But since they are on the limit of what I can hunt, it’s not often that I hunt them. And I do know I can lose on these hunts, but that's the risk I take.

I posted my original post because I got ticked off by the interruptions, and now after reading other threads,
it seems to me that I wasn't alone last weekend.

That my return was low is too bad, but not a big pain for me.

Thanks Grrrrr for the dante tip. ;)

Last edited:
No offence but Grrrrr is spot on.

I do know very well when a mob is over my head, and Prowler isn’t.
They are risky in Boar+5b I do know that, that’s why on most hunts I only hunt a hand full of Prowlers same with AOA. The highest normal hit I get from them is around 85. Yet often they hit below that, 1 to 60, and the rare one doesn't hit me at all. The UR125 heals good enough to get me back to full health. One out of ten might send me to the revival one time, but most don’t. When I really want to hunt AOA and Prowlers,
I will use martial + 5b, then they are not hard at all, unless they crit. :laugh:

However I do not do these hunts often, mostly I hunt at Ithaca or on OLA #02 north of Nate Valley.
About two times a week I’m at Jurra because there it’s quiet and all Atrox I find there, Young up to
Prowlers and a rare Stalker. And why do I take on AOA and Prowlers ? Because they give me the best
skill gains, and so far all paid for their killing cost. And a big plus about that spot is, there is an service
station in the middle of the spawns. ;)

And I like the challenge and it’s fun. I do not know how Prowlers hit 2.5 years ago, but I have been hunting them in a team for over a year now. Solo I started with them about 3 months ago. But since they are on the limit of what I can hunt, it’s not often that I hunt them. And I do know I can lose on these hunts, but that's the risk I take.

I posted my original post because I got ticked off by the interruptions, and now after reading other threads,
it seems to me that I wasn't alone last weekend.

That my return was low is too bad, but not a big pain for me.

Thanks Grrrrr for the dante tip. ;)

Now i'm very confused.

So according to you, prowler is not over your head, but yet they are risky?
You still only hunt a handful of them but while all so far paid for their killing cost?

Seems pretty obvious for me then. Kill only big atrox from now, since apparently they pay. Easy solution no?

I personally find it rather strange that almost all people that hunt atrox, prefer young-dominant. Even before the iron missions started.
What can they know that Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and Mariko doesn't? Hmm :)

Granted, i haven't even tried a prowler since i re-started from scratch in 2008, so as was said before in thread maybe they changed them so that they don't hit
that often, but still when they do, with boar+5B a prowler could still kill you in 1 hit even if it's a very low crit. Meaning your hp and armor is just too low for it if you ask me.

My skills are getting up there again, not too far from you i can see. 160 hp, blp sniper 56. too low evade tho, but ur125 maxed. And i wouldn't even touch AoA normally at this skill lvl even with martial or similar, unless i feel like taking a chance for once. But what do i know, i only been playing since july 2003 lol

But ofc, that won't matter to you since they pay you good apparently. :)

So to sum up lol, you should hunt them big troxes all the time since they're not above your level, and you get paid while doing so too. :)

Now i'm very confused.

So according to you, prowler is not over your head, but yet they are risky?
You still only hunt a handful of them but while all so far paid for their killing cost?

Seems pretty obvious for me then. Kill only big atrox from now, since apparently they pay. Easy solution no?

I personally find it rather strange that almost all people that hunt atrox, prefer young-dominant. Even before the iron missions started.

Granted, i haven't even tried a prowler since i re-started from scratch in 2008, so as was said before in thread maybe they changed them so that they don't hit
that often, but still when they do, with boar+5B a prowler could still kill you in 1 hit even if it's a very low crit. Meaning your hp and armor is just too low for it if you ask me.

My skills are getting up there again, not too far from you i can see. 160 hp, blp sniper 56. too low evade tho, but ur125 maxed. And i wouldn't even touch AoA normally at this skill lvl even with martial or similar, unless i feel like taking a chance for once. But what do i know, i only been playing since july 2003 lol

But ofc, that won't matter to you since they pay you good apparently. :)

So to sum up lol, you should hunt them big troxes all the time since they're not above your level, and you get paid while doing so too. :)

Have a look at the screenshot and the link, that was early last year.
Then they where over my head, a lucky hit I know.
But back then I was hardly able to do them, yet after a year and much more skills,
I still do not do full hunts on them often. As I do very well understand the risks of doing a
full hunt on them, my first AOA was an no looter. :laugh:

And yes so far they paid all, but I know they won’t keep doing that.
With your skills and martial + 5b, you should be able to them also.
But that's your choice. ;)

For me 'over my head' means that the changes are high that a creature will send me to the revival.
That I know a stalker will do to me, almost every time.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?141287-My-First-AOA-Hof&highlight=

Now i'm very confused. but still when they do, with boar+5B a prowler could still kill you in 1 hit even if it's a very low crit.

Indeed they could, even if I had 250hp, but they don't do that so often to me.
That is why I'm willing to risk a few during an hunt at Jurra. ;)

Last edited:
Have a look at the screenshot and the link, that was early last year.
Then they where over my head, a lucky hit I know.
But back then I was hardly able to do them, yet after a year and much more skills,
I still do not do full hunts on them often. As I do very well understand the risks of doing a
full hunt on them, my first AOA was an no looter. :laugh:

And yes so far they paid all, but I know they won’t keep doing that.
With your skills and martial + 5b, you should be able to them also.
But that's your choice. ;)

For me 'over my head' means that the changes are high that a creature will send me to the revival.
That I know a stalker will do to me, almost every time.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?141287-My-First-AOA-Hof&highlight=

That's nice and all, but i think we're talking about 2 different things. To be able to kill something is one thing, and to be able to kill something
efficiently is another. Getting killed 1 out of 10 mobs is not very efficient. That's what i'm saying. But as long as you don't lose on them, i say go for it.
Ofc, i don't believe that you don't lose on it one bit, but that's another story. If so, you'd hunt them all the time. I know i and everyone else would. ;)

Yeah i could probably handle them in martial + 5B. Or pixie + 5B with some luck for that matter, but since dieing alot= losing alot, especially regenerating atrox, i won't do that at this skill lvl.
Some years ago, i could for instance kill SEG's wearing ghost+6A. But since dieing every 10-15 SEG was not very efficient, i did them in team instead. Would ofc be better to use
more efficient armor like affordable salamander, but they would still be over my head because of lack of hp, as it should be if your not suited for them. Same with big trox.
It's why team hunting are there for :)

And that's why i say they're above your lvl. If you can only risk killing a few, they're too tough for normal hunting for yours and my level. If you had 250 hp, and shadow for instance, you'd be going through them like they were atrox young, and could even withstand a max crit without getting sent to revive. Either that, or teaming on them is most effective. Dieing every 10 prowler is not. :)

A lot of people craft OA101, a lot of people use OA109, a lot of people mine in areas full of lyst/iron/..., a lot of people use non-SIB weapons at low levels, etc ... It's not because a lot of people do something, that this is the smartest thing to do. They probably do it, not because they know something, more likely it's because they don't know (or don't understand) something. ;)

But as long as you don't lose on them, i say go for it.
Ofc, i don't believe that you don't lose on it one bit, but that's another story. If so, you'd hunt them all the time. I know i and everyone else would. ;)

Not everyone would. They would only if they didn't know any other activities which would give even better results.;)

Yeah i could probably handle them in martial + 5B. Or pixie + 5B with some luck for that matter, but since dieing alot= losing alot, especially regenerating atrox, i won't do that at this skill lvl.

In Martial+5B you would find trox up to OA very easy. I did about 500 trox between guardian and OA in the last 3 days, and used a mix of polaris, jaguar and aurora parts +5B plates and died maybe 4-5 times in total, only from big crits. Martial would definately have kept me alive more, but I think it's more eco to fap between fights with a tt fap than to pay +150% for some armor parts.

I suggest you just take a try on the big trox nowadays, you'll be surprised how much easier they have gotten in the last 2 years. I'm not saying that they'll give a guaranteed breakeven ofcourse, but it is possible to keep fap+armor decay low on them. To be honest, I personally think that at the moment it's more eco to hunt big trox than small trox ;)

A lot of people craft OA101, a lot of people use OA109, a lot of people mine in areas full of lyst/iron/..., a lot of people use non-SIB weapons at low levels, etc ... It's not because a lot of people do something, that this is the smartest thing to do. They probably do it, not because they know something, more likely it's because they don't know (or don't understand) something. ;)

But surely they know something. They know that it's best to hunt atrox at their level and not above it because they'd die too often if doing so.
Surely they tried big atrox and realized they're more than they can handle, and found a maturity that's more suitable for their level. :)

Not everyone would. They would only if they didn't know any other activities which would give even better results.;)

Ofc, i was talking about big trox vs small ones. :)

In Martial+5B you would find trox up to OA very easy. I did about 500 trox between guardian and OA in the last 3 days, and used a mix of polaris, jaguar and aurora parts +5B plates and died maybe 4-5 times in total, only from big crits. Martial would definately have kept me alive more, but I think it's more eco to fap between fights with a tt fap than to pay +150% for some armor parts.

I suggest you just take a try on the big trox nowadays, you'll be surprised how much easier they have gotten in the last 2 years. I'm not saying that they'll give a guaranteed breakeven ofcourse, but it is possible to keep fap+armor decay low on them. To be honest, I personally think that at the moment it's more eco to hunt big trox than small trox ;)

I don't know man. I don't think i only die from mobs 4-5 times per year even lol.
And too low evade anyway. But will maybe try some OA someday yes, and see if they changed much. Still won't hunt yet ofc since they're above my level. :D

But will maybe try some OA someday yes, and see if they changed much.

Ok, I wish you good luck with it !

PS : I think I have someone from your soc on fl, maybe I'll try to contact you via him, so we can do a hunt together :)

Just to add that discussion:

I agree with Viking 100% ... Sure you can kill stuff, but whether its efficient is another story. Someone posted he died 4-5 times in three days on Atrox ... Well for me that is 4-5 times too much ...

I do not think that I have died once this month ... (hunting small foul without armour and fap atm) ... Granted that is very eco and yet I still do not make massive profits but lets face it ...

A mob that can kill you with one hit (criticals included) is, in my opinion, above what you can hunt, as simple as that.... And a prowler that sends you to the revival 3x !! times is not one but many levels above what one could hunt effectively...

that all said ... please carry on hunting like that, infact go for stalkers as well please as this is the only chance for the loot pool to be full for me as well :)

Angel

Just to add that discussion:

I agree with Viking 100% ... Sure you can kill stuff, but whether its efficient is another story. Someone posted he died 4-5 times in three days on Atrox ... Well for me that is 4-5 times too much ...

I do not think that I have died once this month ... (hunting small foul without armour and fap atm) ... Granted that is very eco and yet I still do not make massive profits but lets face it ...

A mob that can kill you with one hit (criticals included) is, in my opinion, above what you can hunt, as simple as that.... And a prowler that sends you to the revival 3x !! times is not one but many levels above what one could hunt effectively...

that all said ... please carry on hunting like that, infact go for stalkers as well please as this is the only chance for the loot pool to be full for me as well :)

Angel
I will add this as last.

Since you seem to think you can decide I hunt above my level based on two incidents,
one being killed 3x by an AOA and the next day by an Prowler.

Here are is some more info about my hunting style. ;)
Hunted in the past 3 months, 7.6k atrox including AOA and Prowles. Deaths: 13, that’s 1x on 586.1 atrox.

And I do very well know my limits after 3285 hours of hunting.
Spiders young, Kingfisher young, Leviathan up to guardian, Hogglo young, Amulimax up to provider. Neconu up to provider, Atrox up to prowler. All these I can hunt without going to the revival every 10 mobs or so, or without fapping my behind off. And I do not hunt on CND or CP, eventhough I have been adviced to do so by some.

Now these mobs make up 5% of my hunts, because I know the risk they bring. Not the risk of deaths, but the cost. But by all means, if your too scared to die one or two times a week, don’t hunt at your limit. I however chose to hunt at my limit from time to time, because it’s fun. Mostly I hunt eco, but from time to time I need a break from atrox young or ambulimax, not a real challenge those in my undies.

Enjoy … ;)

Last edited:
I didn't think about you hunting above your level.. I thought about you being persistent during disconnections. I thought that was not wise.. I was not expereincing disconnections during your bad moments.. blaming MA may not be the right thing to do. No-one forced you to keep hunting when you knew the disscon' risks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back