Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
release notes here
http://account.entropiauniverse.com/news/pages/2010/11/01/5440/index.xml

Entropia Universe 11.4.0 Release Notes
New Features and Major Updates

New Version of Tier Upgrade System

Today we release a new version of the Tier upgrade system. It is made to improve the overall balance. The focus has been on the balance between limited and unlimited items.

* Removed the requirement of a secondary item when tiering an unlimted item.
* Modified the TT costs for recipes to reflect the changes and keep the balance of the items.
* A tiering attempt will always succeed when a tiering attempt is possible and when you have the ingredients.
* Implemented that, besides the major tier step, each tiering attempt can result in an additional minor tier increase. As a maximum 0.4 levels can be raised in one attempt, for example, from 0.9 to 1.3. The increase rate is related to your skill; higher skill means higher chances of additional tiering levels.
* Introduced a feature that enables you to salvage some of the ingredients. The salvage rate is related to your skill; higher skill means higher chances of salvaging more ingredients.
* Changed the value per amount of the items pile of “gemstones” to be able to use them more dynamically in recipes.
Note: If you had any piles of "gemstones" in your Inventory before this release, the total value of the piles is still the same.

Due to these updates, the amount of piles needed for non-tiering blueprints is also changed, but the total PED value is still the same.
New Mindforce Chips

* Corrosive Attack Chip: A Pyrokinetic Mindforce chip that will cause acid damage to the target.
* Corrosive Strike Chip: A Pyrokinetic Mindforce chip that will cause acid damage to targets within an area.
* Lacerating Attack Chip: A Cryogenic Mindforce chip that will cut the target.
* Lacerating Strike Chip: A Cryogenic Mindforce chip that will cut targets within an area.
* Kinetic Attack Chip: An Electrokinetic Mindforce chip that will impact the target with a powerful airstream.
* Kinetic Strike Chip: An Electrokinetic Mindforce chip that will impact targets within an area with a powerful airstream.
* Metabolic Acceleration Chip: A Pyrokinetic Mindforce chip that will speed up the target's movement for a period of time.
* Metabolic Inhibition Chip: A Cryogenic Mindforce chip that will slow down the target's movement for a period of time.

New Event Rules

* Only Mindforce
* No Mindforce
* No Mindforce Teleportation
* No Mindforce Wormholes
* No Vehicles
* Vehicle Max SI
* No Armor Protection
* No Vehicle Repair Tools

Improvements and Fixed Issues

Interconnect Services

* On the account web, added information that the connect services are configurable and that the default setting is that everything is turned off.

GUI

* Removed the confirmation message box when refueling vehicle, this is now only displayed as message in chat.
* Tier Upgrade UI updated, for example, chance of success now displays 2 decimals and help text and feedback text is improved.
* Improved behavior of when the Buy button is enabled or disabled in Trade Terminal; it is disabled when the selected item's TT value is higher than amount on PED card.
* Improved Chardef visualization when doing facial changes.
* In Auction UI, fixed browsing or searching behavior on Orders tab.
* In Event Settings UI, added descriptive tooltip for the Register button when disabled .
* In Friend List, double clicking a friend entry triggers private chat.
* In Global Event List, added support for registering to events you do not already have a ticket for.
* In the Inventory UI, embedded progress bar inside UI.
* In the Inventory and Storage, fixed issue with faulty automatic scrolling.
* In Item Info and Blueprint tooltip, added which Blueprint Book a Blueprint can be entered into. Also a dded tool tip to Blueprint icon: QR for limited ones and Remaining Attempts for unlimited ones .
* In Item Info, updated displayed parameters for rocket and grenade launchers. Now listed parameters are launch speed, gravity influence, impact radius, time fuze value and whether it has a contact fuze. The previous range value has been replaced by an estimated range. The actual behavior of all existing grenade and rocket launchers is the same.
* In Options UI, added new category HUD.
* In Options UI, corrected the function Align SatNav with Camera .
* In Private Chat UI, removed flashing of caret when window is out of focus.
* In Private Chat UI, improved input text area.
* In Private Trade UI, fixed correlation between the display of items in the icon view and their listing in the list view.
* In Society UI, fixed issue where areas were mistakenly hidden.
* In Society UI, information is now updated when switching between pages.
* In Ticket Event UI, corrected top ten list.

Miscellaneous

* Increased client stability.
* Fixed issue where blueprints were being faulty presented as Level I in Limited Blueprint books .
* Fixed issue where information was not visible in Blueprint books.
* Fixed issue where relogging was sometimes required to use blueprint books and containers after trade .
* Implemented different looks on crosshairs, depending on if a target is valid or invalid.
* Added animation for the status bar in the dashboard UI, status bar UI and target UI. Additionally, to highlight low health, the status bar will flash.
* Corrected ammo count when changing tool.
* The Standard Compressor can now be added to the auction.
* Fixed issue with Vista and Windows 7 users seeing boxes instead of text on global ad screens.
* Fixed sound when picking up an object from the ground to the Inventory.

/sorry if this has been posted before couldn't find it

woho some massive changes !

sooo, ppl that invested 100k or more tiering rare items and taking massive risks associated with the system to be ahead of the curve are now just shit outta luck in these investments?

neat!

I think we will see finally see Tier 10 Mod Faps and Mod Mercs with this change, along with the uniques starting to tier up.

A well thought out improvement. :thumbup:

Big download - 5 minutes at 1 Mb/s according to the clientloader.

sooo, ppl that invested 100k or more tiering rare items and taking massive risks associated with the system to be ahead of the curve are now just shit outta luck in these investments?

neat!

I Totally agree. Also what happened to the item drain? MA explained an item drain is VERY NEEDED in order to being able to drop decent items and keep market stable. Wtf happened to that?

Can someone link the article where they`ve explained the rationale behind losing secondary item and allow for an item drain? Entropia Gateway is gone but should be a copy of that somewhere.

Nice update, hope more like these follow soon. ;)

neat!

That was the risk they took.

Same as buying rare items with high MU, it's fine untill more start to drop and MU comes down.
You win some, you loose some.

Sounds like a cool VU :yay:

Very nice I can now sell my spare set of SGA Angel instead of usen for tieren.

Nice update, hope more like these follow soon. ;)

That was the risk they took.

Same as buying rare items with high MU, it's fine untill more start to drop and MU comes down.
You win some, you loose some.

Obvious captain is obvious

sounds like a cool update anyway, sucks for those who lost items in tiering tho.

Skippie,

I am sure that tiering has just been made a whole lot more expensive to compensate for the potential loss of the secondary item ... That said, give how new tiering is, MA could have really thought through something for once before implementing it ...

ppl that sold ancient imk II to get a normal one in order to have it tiered must be mightily pissed now etc. etc.

Its november ... wtf is taming ??

Angel

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to who was making the most money out of tiering the old way and it certainly wasn't MA/FPC so ofc it had to be changed

* Removed the requirement of a secondary item when tiering an unlimted item.
* Modified the TT costs for recipes to reflect the changes and keep the balance of the items.
* A tiering attempt will always succeed when a tiering attempt is possible and when you have the ingredients.
Awesome changes there! :) Might try to tier UL stuff now.

Just goes to show you how dynamic this universe really is.

Last edited:
Any guesses when will the first whining posts start by those who lost stuff to tiering? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to who was making the most money out of tiering the old way and it for sure wasn't MA/FPC so ofc it had to be changed

My thoughts exactly.

What a terrible, terrible way to treat people. Some have lost really big items in using MA's tiering system. Epic.

do you know what is a bussiness plan????

My thoughts exactly.

What a terrible, terrible way to treat people. Some have lost really big items in using MA's tiering system. Epic.

I agree. They should have done one thing and sticked to it.

I welcome the tiering news, but it should have been this way from the start. Perhaps MA should consider returning items which were lost in the previous system?

It's simple really, too much profit was being made by those taking the tiering risks, compared to MAs profit on item loss...

So they switch it that they get the big lump of peds due to tiering, not the tierer.

As said above though, interesting to see the whole stance on "Lost items go back into the lootpool". Is it now, a complete confirmation that unL "oldschool" items will not drop anymore, now?

Are the rules the same that an Item can destroyed by tiering?
Than whats happen more High end items will get destroyed and i never upgrade my adj fap.

So all the same like before only that ppl destroy now more highend items.

* Implemented that, besides the major tier step, each tiering attempt can result in an additional minor tier increase. As a maximum 0.4 levels can be raised in one attempt, for example, from 0.9 to 1.3. The increase rate is related to your skill; higher skill means higher chances of additional tiering levels.
* Introduced a feature that enables you to salvage some of the ingredients. The salvage rate is related to your skill; higher skill means higher chances of salvaging more ingredients.

Hmmm... This sounds like we will not be getting residue back any more. Anybody in game that has tried tiering yet? It also sounds like we will get to have a new thread on tiering recipes, as these will have changed...

* Metabolic Acceleration Chip: A Pyrokinetic Mindforce chip that will speed up the target's movement for a period of time.
* Metabolic Inhibition Chip: A Cryogenic Mindforce chip that will slow down the target's movement for a period of time.

The speed chip :) The speed down merps chip! :) I think these will be fantastic, and its nice that existing professions are used. A lot of more incentives and chips to skill with and for now.

* In Item Info, updated displayed parameters for rocket and grenade launchers. Now listed parameters are launch speed, gravity influence, impact radius, time fuze value and whether it has a contact fuze. The previous range value has been replaced by an estimated range. The actual behavior of all existing grenade and rocket launchers is the same.

This sounds as major change as tiering, actually. Missile launchers are being totally redone. Maybe in a next release this will affect the other guns too, and we will get to see the parameters instead of "range" ? Possibly then HA would also be a combination of these + effects from scopes and sights at a range.

As said above though, interesting to see the whole stance on "Lost items go back into the lootpool". Is it now, a complete confirmation that unL "oldschool" items will not drop anymore, now?

Unlimited old style items have not ever stopped dropping, so how can there be confirmation of that?

Very well observed, and there I think lies the reason for the change. ;)

Granted some risked tiering high markup items, however I think the bulk of owners didn’t.
If the high markup items are lost during tiering, they would have to be redropped to keep
the tiering going. Result would have been that the MU would come down on those items.

So how I see it is, Mindark changed the tiering to protect the MU on the bulk of uber items, that are not being used for tiering. Most likely because not many did tier those items. Another problem would have been SGA items becoming very very rare, since they will never drop again.

I think there are quite a few players happy with this change, knowing their investments, for now are safe. Another bonus for Mindark is, they can leave the loot as it is now, no need to increase the unl items loot.

A change I can live with. ;)

Last edited:
does the speed chip enhance the speed of vehicles if the pilot is enhanced by it?

So all you guys whining about the tiering system..

i get it, it can be annoying if you have lost somthing,

but the game needs to grow and expand and get better for everyone and this is just s step in that way

Oh my :eyecrazy:
Surely the cost of ingredients will be humongous now, or else there'll be lots of tier 10 guns with 2-3-4 hundred dmg/sec i reckon. :D
hp on mobs gonna change too accordingly? :scratch2:

Sounds like a cool VU :yay:

yeah this is one of the most awesome VUs I have seen in a long time from my point of view.
This finally gave a use to the tiering system for the mid level player.
However to those who have done tiering before and lost.... congratulations: you have been fucked by MA. :ahh:

What is the reciept now for changing a ML35 from T0.9 to T1.0?

"Removed the requirement of a secondary item when tiering an unlimted item"
"A tiering attempt will always succeed when a tiering attempt is possible and when you have the ingredients.

:eek::eek::eek: Now, I can certainly live with this change that is very welcome to me at least. I am sorry for those who have lost valuable items before.

But good grief, I was just yesterday thinking MA's possible future changes, and remembered things from the past how black clothes suddenly disappeared from Hadesheim shop, how Opalo was introduced, how amp power was limited, how tiering was... well, everything. You can never now what is coming next VU. No. No way. Not possible. Removing something familiar? Maybe. Introducing something you never expected? Maybe. Making U-turn in some already well-established profession? Maybe. Like now.

LOL

Back