Abandoned graveyard

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
There's plenty of abandoned graveyards on Earth, I guess it was just a matter of time before we got them on Calypso.
Most of the monuments have been stolen. I found a pile of bones holding an old whip, and another holding a make-up mask, it seems those two didn't even get markers.
Come on FPC/MA, it's been over a year.

I wholeheartedly agree. We've lost some very good people and having a memorial to those that wished it is one aspect of this universe that I've always found profound and worthy of respect.

read some article and posts in the forums that Island Girl, one of the main avatars the Memorial Island was suppossed to be memorializing, is now an active second avatar of Neverdie and is healing people on Next Island...? Guess if there's nothing to memorialize anymore, the island itself should be taken off the map? Not sure how respectful it is to use a deceased's avatar in that way, but the article said something about a spa being one of her dreams and now it's true with Next Island, so there might be more to the story. I thought it was a violation of eula to use a second avatar, but I guess if you have enough money in game, it's possible for the rules to change in direct proportion to the amount of money you are blowing in game (even if most of that money is coming from stuff like selling an astroid just so you can close one club in your name and open another one where you are an actual planet partner and not just an estate owner)?

Last edited:
If i remember correctly there were two(2) memorials at memorial island, one was for island girl, and the other probably even sadder one was for a couples baby who died.

The gazibo looking thing was for island girl, and the cherub statue was for the baby.

As for next island, i havent been there yet, but i believe that the revival terminal on cnd island there is in memory to island girl. I dont think its her actual avatar there healing people.

narfi

ND has a animated model only of Tina (revive terminal) on CND main area on Next Island, it is not a real avatar, and doesn't actually heal. It is a bit like a non working npc and is named for her and nicknamed Healer. I saw that, along with a section of the island named after her as well as being his way of replacing the memorial that has been missing on Calypso for so long, and done to his own personal taste. He may or may not want the old Tina statue to return to Calypso now, I have no idea. As for the actual avatar of Tina, it was retired in the past but MS9 saw an avatar on Rocktropia with the name 'Island Girl' and she is in ND's society terminal as well. If MA has allowed this avatar (account) to be active again, obviously we have no idea what the arrangement is for it, or who owns the account now (could be her family for all we know), but I for one have assumed MA is well aware of what accounts are being used and by whom they are owned, so I never suspected that ND or anyone else somehow managed to activate and use an account and avatar without MA's knowledge or permission, unless they hacked into MA's computer system.

Anyway, yes, it is good to see the baby's memorial back in place, for a long time after VU10 there was nothing on the 'new' Memorial Island at all for either of them. Memorial Island was originally created for the Tina memorial, and later a couple who played the game lost an infant and asked to have that added. There was a lot of discussion about possible future additions for others over time. The Tina memorial finally returned, without the statue or plaque either I think, and in some ways I found that even sadder.

Last edited:
read some article and posts in the forums that Island Girl, one of the main avatars the Memorial Island was suppossed to be memorializing, is now an active second avatar of Neverdie and is healing people on Next Island...? Guess if there's nothing to memorialize anymore, the island itself should be taken off the map? Not sure how respectful it is to use a deceased's avatar in that way, but the article said something about a spa being one of her dreams and now it's true with Next Island, so there might be more to the story. I thought it was a violation of eula to use a second avatar, but I guess if you have enough money in game, it's possible for the rules to change in direct proportion to the amount of money you are blowing in game (even if most of that money is coming from stuff like selling an astroid just so you can close one club in your name and open another one where you are an actual planet partner and not just an estate owner)?

It's a revive terminal that looks like an avatar, not ND standing there all day healing people.

read some article and posts in the forums that Island Girl, one of the main avatars the Memorial Island was suppossed to be memorializing, is now an active second avatar of Neverdie and is healing people on Next Island...? Guess if there's nothing to memorialize anymore, the island itself should be taken off the map?.....

"Memorial island" is not only for *one* avatar. So I think it would be good to not take it off. There is/was another grave there and for the future it could be possibel we will have more there. I don't hope so and wish all ppl 100years or more, but RL teach us ...

I miss the old abandoned places we had before VU 10.0 now we dont have anything like that.

You can hang out by the stable near Twins.
:D

Tippin'

Back