Mindark's financial situation

yes it is true but also old news from what I know. I think it has been discussed often now and I am not sure if it's a good idea to start the discussion YET again.
Mavbe better to wait for some new informations... or are these the new ones?

yes it is true but also old news from what I know. I think it has been discussed often now and I am not sure if it's a good idea to start the discussion YET again.
Mavbe better to wait for some new informations... or are these the new ones?

no I dont think they are new information, sorry did not know it was discussed, have you got a link by any chance ?

Angel

Yes, last year was down but next quarter should be up with the $6million sale of FPC to SEE.

They'll also be hoping that the new plant partners start to draw some crowds therefore increasing deposits and therefore turnover.

All businesses go through peaks and troughs. TBH I think MindArk have done very well indeed to keep things looking as they are, given the world economic situation.

Finally, don't forget that they have, what? 80 staff? If it got really bad, they could cut a large amount of their wage bill out. Yes, it would suck for us since developments would take a lot longer, but it would save the business.

So, I'm not particularly concerned. I think the people at the top are running the business well.

wow!

Not reassuring. They should start thinking at marketing soon. :p

I always dream of seeing a Planet Calypso DVD nicely packaged and for sale at our Local Futureshop or Best Buy. Without that there is no chance for worldwide success... The advantage to get the game in store is that... lets say... it could offer a certain amount of PED value worth of good items or game credits.

Last edited:
All businesses go through peaks and troughs. TBH I think MindArk have done very well indeed to keep things looking as they are, given the world economic situation.

For what it is worth I agree with your opinion. I look forward to seeing how july 2010 to dec 2010 looks.

Not reassuring. They should start thinking at marketing soon. :p

The idea is for the planet partners to do the marketing. It should work since, presumably, the planet partners want to make their money back. I have high hopes for Arcadia and Cyrene since it seems much more is going into the developement of those 2 planets than RT or NI. Ideally they'll be released fully functional and start advertising immediately rather than the alpha/beta stage release we've seen with RT and NI.

With more and more planets coming online they can't all survive off the Calypso player base. MA gets money no matter what, both from players and from the investments of the planet partners, but the planet partners themselves have a vested interest in attracting new players.

Even though there are 6 billion people on the planet the number of people willing to risk hundreds or thousands to play a video game is a very very tiny demographic. You can advertise all you want but for 99.9999 percent of people out there 1000$ for vacation> unlimited gear ..100$ for a night out with friends or family >8-10 hours hunting, so all the planets are going to do is slice up this tiny demographic further but belive whatever ya want to

Their rapid rate of expansion is not the same as it used to be, but that does not mean they are in the red by any means.

Hi,

... so all the planets are going to do is slice up this tiny demographic further ...

Valid point IMHO. We had quite some events in the past now that was said to bring in huge numbers of new customers (for instance the CE2 switch, what didn't some ppl had expectations ...). We had a few HUGE sells ways bigger then the CND sell ways back, that brought me in.

Did it do anything? IMHO no. IMHO the number of players I see is on a all time low, lowest active participant count since 2005. IMHO, again.

Arcadia & Cyrene are ok, but will they draw NEW money in? Or cannibalize FPC?

Does a quite expensive and long term gambling scheme like EU have a future? Or has it already begun to sink into the swamps of the past?

Have fun!

Their rapid rate of expansion is not the same as it used to be, but that does not mean they are in the red by any means.

they ARE in the red.. and the statement posted awile ago even stated they were thinking about issuing more stock to raise more cash...diliuting stock when your running in the red is never a great idea...and scroll down to the posts about withdrawals...people can't get their cash out even in the overly long time of 30 business days..my withdrawal from 28th december not processed yet, yeah i know i'm still "within" their stated time frame but not real cofidence inspiring if ya ask me.

The idea is for the planet partners to do the marketing. It should work since, presumably, the planet partners want to make their money back.

Huge flaw.

The business model of MA creates a niche game. Very few are going to 'play.' The only thing planet partners are going to do is compete against other planet partners for the same decay generators. Growth is too slow to build a planet from the ground up.

The real thing is MA gets their cut regardless of where a player spends their time. So MA doesn't care if there is 100,000 players on 1 planet or 100,000 players on 10 planets. So MA will be the last to go financially. You'll see planet partners drop first and my guess is Calyspso will be the last one standing.

There has been a big thread about this opened by myself with some analysis of the numbers. Too lazy to search for it now... got tired of the toppic... bring it up again when we can see full year end numbers.

I always look to see how many people are on this forum as a statistic of how many people play the game. Almost always there has been about 300 or so online. For some reason today is the highest number I have seen at 360. I haven't been looking at the forum much longer than a month, so maybe they were all on vacation. I any case, 300 seems like an awful small number for how long this game has been around. Sure its only a % of the players, but I would still think there would be higher numbers at least some of the time. Maybe my observations are too few. If the player base was growing, so would the number of people on this forum. From the financials I've seen, player base growth is needed.

Time is hard for every body. Mindark managed well the enterprise during this crisis (which is not finished yet) even though it is a GAME. So we must say gratz to Mindark cause Gaming isn't the first necessity for people during crisis. People tend to focus and hold money (especially on Leisure activities).

Anyway, they will sell the castle and can fire some employees so they have some resources under the feet.

Mindark and Us, old players of PE (so the group MA/FPC/SEE), don't have to worry that much. We are not really in danger. But, the ones who are in danger are the ones who invested in planets.

They have a LOAD of PR work to do. It seems they think that we will all move on their planets, what is a regrettable error. They should attract their own player base, that all.

EU is dying! :eyecrazy:

Cash out now! Sell me your mod fap for TT before it's too late!

None of the new planet partners will advertise, and even if they do, no one new will join! The .0001% of the population willing to play EU is already here!

Buying Land areas, 10k each!

Arkadia and Cyrene are doomed before they even launch! Sell me your mod merc for 20k!

OK... so maybe that's a bit over the top... but really, that's what I'm reading from half the posts in this thread. That EU is doomed. Yes, MA was in the red during the first half of 2010, we've all seen the financial report. The global economy was also still pretty deep in recession then too. It still is though it's recovering slowly. How about we wait for the 2010 end of year report? Or, better yet, the 1st half of 2011 which should reflect the 6 million USD sale of FPC... I bet that does a bit for the financial report. They're also selling off the german castle they bought, another cash infusion when that sells. 2 more planets coming online this year and, from the looks of things on their sites, they'll be much better developed then RT or NI.

I'm sorry if I'm not ready to hang myself in my closet over this yet.

Yes, last year was down but next quarter should be up with the $6million sale of FPC to SEE.

huh where do u got it fron FPC will be sold to SEE.
i never seen a official document from that.
as far as i know the FPC part now really will be paid off by FPC so that the planet partner has no dept towards MA.

or am i wrong here.
never the less MA will recieve 6 million dollar from FPC in the next half year.
and they are selling their unused real estate in dresden germany.

so MA is not doing so bad.

sid

ps it might even be a good time to buy mind-ark shares on this moment.

huh where do u got it fron FPC will be sold to SEE.
i never seen a official document from that.

it's never been officially announced but people have found company registration documents for a FPC & SEE company.

The business model of MA creates a niche game. Very few are going to 'play.' The only thing planet partners are going to do is compete against other planet partners for the same decay generators. Growth is too slow to build a planet from the ground up.

Thats how things are today, or wil start.
I'm waiting for that planet owner that has got the nerves (and the money) to start the marketing war for customers. Drawing more players to the universe but also trying to persuade players to travel to their planet.
I cant imagine that commercial players will pay a shipload of money for a planet and NOT do marketing for their investement improving ROI.
Growth needs to catch up, if not, only MA will smirk indeed.

yeah, i am studying business and i take a keen interest in the markets, and this is a failing company ( this year anyway)

They are growing, and profit has been increasing, naturally due to the cost of expansion.

But there profit per share is -0.11 which will scare of any investor.

There is only one solution to MA's money problem... a Bailout by the IMF lol It seems Bailouts are the way to go nowadays :D

It seems since cryengine, this buisness has derailed, even though the idea of the new engine was to attract more people but failed to keep them since loot sucks and shit missions. Im sure they are working very hard, but i fear only the nostalgic and skilled players are keeping this alive. Free download like this should make its way to steam or something seriously.

If you look so had MA 65 ppl employee in year 2009 an 80 in year 2010 so way did MA employee 15 ppl.:scratch2:

There is only one solution...... Deposit More!!!! :wise:

If you look so had MA 65 ppl employee in year 2009 an 80 in year 2010 so way did MA employee 15 ppl.:scratch2:

New planets to support perhaps?

Or am I being captain obvious here.

Back