Mining Class: 2/12/2011

Windswept

Guardian
Society
SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
Windswept Winds Tundra
Windswept's Mining Class - Location : Jason Center TP Date: 2/12/2011 Time: 19:00 MA Time

Ok all its that time again. With the New Year in full swiung i have found some time to set aside this weekend to run a mining class again. The flood of PMs asking when my class would be has been overwhelming and if i didnt respond to your message i apologize.

Here is the plan for this class. Up until now i have always chosen a public area to teach the class and i will continue to do that .. unless there is a Land Owner that would like to discuss with me having the class on their land. Average attendance for the classes is roughly 40-50 people. I plan to advertise this one a little bit more because of the positive feedback i have received and how its helped a lot of miners get in touch with efficient mining.

So i am asking that if there is a Land owner that would like to work something out with me i am open to suggestions and i will move this class to that land area. Please keep in mind i am not going to have a class in a heavily spawned Hunting land. I dont need the frustration of everyone dying in the middle of the class.. So please Owners either your land is miner friendly or it could be made miner friendly. I do need to know rather quickly so i can update the location for all those planning to attend. I see this as a great opportunity for Land Owners to increase traffic to their area. If we can get a good showing and the minerals cooperate i think it could drive some much needed traffic to the LA owner as well as surrounding owners.

If i do not hear back from any LA owners i plan to move forward with my usual location : Jason Center - 19:00 MA time.

Thank you all for your patience waiting for this class. Also if you know anyone in your Soc or friends that would like to attend please let them know.

If you can please send me a PM if you plan to attend so i can get some numbers on expected attendance.

Last edited:
Dude, even if i am not so noob, i would like to attend - but what 19 MA time means ? 19 CET ? 19 GMT+1 ? :)

19:00 ingame time (when you press u)

Can someone please make a recording from it? I'm out for the weekend :(

19:00 ingame time (when you press u)

Can someone please make a recording from it? I'm out for the weekend :(

+1 Be good if could get uploaded to youtube, not sure if I can make either

Damn I wish I could attend. Have fun!

Sounds like fun.

Wow looks like the current down streak for mining loot has killed off most of the interest in mining classes.. Too bad it was something i was going to cover in the mining class, how to handle when mining sux. I can understand people are frustrated. However it always comes back and when it does its nice to know how to maximize your efforts to gain the most ore or enmatter for the least cost, also its nice to know how to target depth and minerals.

Hopefully this bump will spark some interest otherwise i may have to just say ill save it for another day and play with my Kids on Saturday.

hmm yeah might join if i have nothing else to do at the time. Who knows could be something interestning in there. :yay:

hope to be there if i can get back from work early enough, would love to be able to understand how mining works

Some more interest in PMs... thats good. No LA owners have stepped to offer their land for the class so it looks like Jason Center @ TP @ 19:00 in game time on Saturday.

Some more interest in PMs... thats good. No LA owners have stepped to offer their land for the class so it looks like Jason Center @ TP @ 19:00 in game time on Saturday.

Awesome! :yay:

Wow looks like the current down streak for mining loot has killed off most of the interest in mining classes.. Too bad it was something i was going to cover in the mining class, how to handle when mining sux. I can understand people are frustrated. However it always comes back and when it does its nice to know how to maximize your efforts to gain the most ore or enmatter for the least cost, also its nice to know how to target depth and minerals.

Hopefully this bump will spark some interest otherwise i may have to just say ill save it for another day and play with my Kids on Saturday.

That's something that I don't know much about. I mean what is depth ? Is it measured from sea or current level ?

hope I will remember and If I will be free to attend :), I`m always interested in others opinion about mining.

WoW, hopefully, I manage to participate this mining class :yup:

Hopefully i`ll be around at 19.00. Maybe i will learn something i didn`t know before..

Medusa :) Is available with many La's for your class m8 can find solis,lumis igni,niks and many other goodies in our many fine las :)

any questions or if we can help pm me :)

Last edited:
Hi

I can call myself a land owner these days and 57 has absolutely no mobs, no hills and would make an ideal teaching ground ... Pm me with what you need and we'll see wether we can work something out

:)

angel

Ok much better response now and it looks like we are on for tomm. Please if you get the chance feel free to advertise out loud the class in any town you are in prior to showing up. I would love to get a large audience and help as many people as we can. Also please post any questions you may have here ahead of time and ill try to answer them.

Here are some of the ground rules

1. Dont bomb while im doing the class. It can really mess up what i am trying to dmeonstrate.
2. Dont everyone blut out questions i dont want to miss anything.
3. Please keep some ammo and gun handy ... there are mobs in the teaching area and i dont want to see people have to revival run over and over.
4. No vehicles up while teaching. It clutters te screen.
5. As much as you think you know about mining or your own personal opinions about mining please dont turn it into a prove this wrong prove that wrong session. I am not claiming to have broken the system or have some special insider info. What i am doing is sharing what i have learned over 7 years of playing the game. Most importantly efficiency and patience.

I want everyone to enjoy the class and when i finish my discussions i am always open to any and all questions. I hope there is some lively discussion. please keep in mind that i get a lot of different skill levels at my classes and i may cover some very basic elements of mining and more advanced hypothesis. This is supposed to be fun and informative and a way for fellow miners o get to know me and others. Its a loney profession. The more we get in our friends list the less lonely the game gets. I will do my best not to hide any info.

There are those that think by giving out info on mining i am some how hurting other miners. to that i say secrets destroy nations ... lol I think the reason why things are not really expanding after 7 years is because everything is guarded and hidden from others as if its the ticket to fame and fortune. Its not... There is no miner that can be in more than one place at a time and if he is he is doing something wrong. So i will tell anyone where i know minerals to be on calypso... I will tell what i think skill gains mean cuz they do mean something. etc. I wont tell about CND mining because its an extension of all mining and can be learned. Its actually less about luck then it is about timing.

See you all out there.

Fantastic program, I wish I could attend. I hope someone will record this :D

the timing of your classes is the worst for Australia and NZ, because you need to wake up at like 5:30 am

that's why I never attend, while I'd like to

Great time for me - thanks for the class - i'll be there

Count me in!

I'll be there!:tongue2:

Back