FYI: As I promised some of you more information on how to deposit via Paypal (for those Australians and New Zealanders).

Quark

Old
Society
Freelancer
Quantum Scientists: "Quark"
Here is a copy of my actual support case I sent MindArk recently and the great response on how to do it. Essentially, you get a Paypal account charged up and use the Paypal like a Credit Card is what I got from this conversation. You register your Paypal account under the Credit Card section of the website, when it's approved you can then have full access to the money in game when you do a deposit. Hope this helps some of you, I wish I could make this a sticky post / thread so people would know what to do when they need to know about certain depositing features or options.

Date Created: Feb 10, 2011 7:47 PM GMT
Last Updated: Feb 10, 2011 11:13 PM GMT

Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Suggestion
Summary: Depositing Options.
Details: I was recently in a conversation with a group @ Nea's and the topic was on how to get money into the Universe, some of the people are in Australia and have limited options as of right now.

One member of the group suggested that you have "Paypal" as an option. I said that I don't see why they can't, besides they have Ukash that works similar to that but Australia doesn't recognize that one as an authentic service but they do recognize Paypal.

Would it be possible to put that option in on the next VU?
Sensitive details upload:
Attachment:

Solution
Solved:
(Feb 10, 2011 11:13 PM GMT)
Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. It is possible to use PayPal but only if you get a VISA or MasterCard from PayPal (prepaid) and then use it via our Credit Card deposit method.

Kind regards,

Gabriel| Planet Calypso Support

Case Feedback.

Actions

History
Date Created Actions Contact Name Comment
Feb 10, 2011 11:13 PM GMT Conclusion Suggested Gabriel|Support (see solution)
Feb 10, 2011 7:47 PM GMT Routed to Queue

Paypal has a VISA debit card that you can get to access the money in your Paypal account. Although I've never used mine for Entropia, there should be no problem with it.

I use mine all the time.

There is one little problem....

From the paypal website:
Sorry, you're not eligible for the PayPal Debit MasterCard®. This may be because you live outside the United States or you've already applied in the last 30 days.

just a question, why would u use paypal if u allready are a owner of visa/mastercard?

And for those of u still wondering, paypal does not allow deposits to be made to sites that are considerd gambling!

There is one little problem....

Damn. Sucks to be you.

just a question, why would u use paypal if u allready are a owner of visa/mastercard?

And for those of u still wondering, paypal does not allow deposits to be made to sites that are considerd gambling!

...and do they consider EU to be a gambling site?

...and do they consider EU to be a gambling site?

yes they do, otherwise MA wouldev allready have paypal on the deposit/withdraw option.

Next payment provider we will get will be moneybookers.

Last edited:
yes they do, otherwise MA wouldev allready have paypal on the deposit/withdraw option.

Next payment provider we will get will be moneybookers.

I seem to remember that PE did actually accept Paypal for a while. I believe the reason they got rid of/never introducded the option was due to the amount of credit card fraud and consequent chargebacks from Paypal. Nothing to do with being classified as gambling or not.

Peatie.

I seem to remember that PE did actually accept Paypal for a while. I believe the reason they got rid of/never introducded the option was due to the amount of credit card fraud and consequent chargebacks from Paypal. Nothing to do with being classified as gambling or not.

Peatie.

It could be, but since PP is tied to strict US non-gambling rules, only thing that make sense is, it was recognized as gambling and therefore needed to be removed.
Frauds happen thru other depo options aswell and the chargebacks are all payed by players themselves.
Havent been around when deposits with PP were possible.... so havent seen the reason if it wa ever provided by MA, but i doubt they would admit to something they negate constantly.:wise:

So I take it that you have no direct experience using the Paypal debit card with Entropia?

Also, I assume that you have no direct experience taking Paypal as a vendor. Paypal is a major pain in the ass to deal with as a vendor. If MA quit taking Paypal, I am sure it was entirely their choice.

So I take it that you have no direct experience using the Paypal debit card with Entropia?

Yes, that is correct, i havent used PP for any of my deposits here. And i do not own a PP debit card as i do not live in the US, ppl outside US dont use PP debit master card if u didnt know
Also, I assume that you have no direct experience taking Paypal as a vendor. Paypal is a major pain in the ass to deal with as a vendor. If MA quit taking Paypal, I am sure it was entirely their choiceAnd you seem to have missed the point its not about the prepaied credit cards .

how do you know MA was the one who canceld PP as a vendor, you dont, you assume u know, just as I assume PP isnt a payment option anymore, due to the fact it was recognized as gambling, which is a far more likely couse why it cant be used here anylonger, than the chargebacks etc., which can happen with every payment provider

And no i didnt miss the point, morelikely you have.

Alternative visa option for Aussies

Quark here is your solution easier than what your are seeking for Australians.
Pre-paid re loadable visa if you don't wish to expose your main CC to the net.
I think ANZ also have one as well.
You are able to verify this card for MA higher deposit via codes in online statements and or contacting head office in Towoomba and they'll get the code of the manifest.

http://mycanvascard.com/

Back