"Calypso" armor on Rocktropia

You fucking retards, learn what IP means for fucks sake.

Relax.

I'm sure "they" know what it means. The open question - and why i have asked it before and why i asked it again in this thread - is what it is made up of. It very much depends on what was transfered from MA to FPC. On which there has been no comment at all so far. It might not be all of IP in the items that existed at the time FPC and Calypso were spun off became property of FPC.

PS. I have asked a similar question in Arkadia forums in hopes we will get an answer from that angle.

Not sure if they screwed that up as yesterday looted more than 16 pieces in an hour, today not seen any -admittedly didn't do too much of a hunt.

Wow..... just wow..... Oh well, off to loot me a mod fap from a Petit Papoo on Next Island! Good Luck on Calypso!

Menace

Muscle oil/skins/extractors/paint/etc. drops in every planet. No one got angry for this.

MF chips drop on other planets, same thing.

All kind of ores/enematers can be mined in other planets, including some rares.

ESIs drop on other planets, and have much better markup than this armor parts, and no one cares.

Why is people getting mad when other planets drop low end armor?

There has to be a basic item pack set for the whole universe, available to all planet partners to use as loot if they choose to. Weapons, armor, faps, tools. And off course there has to be items specific to a planet.

I think for most people it is the HUGE droprate of stuff that is actually pretty rare on Calypso :)

Blah blah black sheep. If you struggle to grasp the concept of "What If" then you deserve to be shouted at you retards.

Confirming the average IQ of RT/NI is double digits, all day erry day :girl:

hmmm... just thinking about this a little bit... I've heard that in the past on Calypso, many of the gnome parts came from the beacons. Beacons were robot alien ship invasions. Now this stuff is showing up on Rocktropia... The community keeps asking for beacons and the Q&A is getting delayed weekly now... wonder if.....

I killed 5 Pop dragons last night and looted 14 pieces or armor.... all crappy stuff- pixie, shogun, gremlin, gnome, paladin. But you can add gremlin to the list- looted a F face from a Popdragon.

Its just an FYI. I have no feelings either way about it- was the most armor Ive ever seen in my loot window.

Chris

Muscle oil/skins/extractors/paint/etc. drops in every planet. No one got angry for this.

MF chips drop on other planets, same thing.

All kind of ores/enematers can be mined in other planets, including some rares.

ESIs drop on other planets, and have much better markup than this armor parts, and no one cares.

There has to be a basic item pack set for the whole universe, available to all planet partners to use as loot if they choose to. Weapons, armor, faps, tools. And off course there has to be items specific to a planet.

becasue they hate NDS and just wanna moan about something.

I can't believe SDS even allows this here still.

becasue they hate NDS and just wanna moan about something.

I can't believe SDS even allows this here still.

Your former socmates would be in tears at the state of the game right now.

I think for most people it is the HUGE droprate of stuff that is actually pretty rare on Calypso :)

Drop rate has been fixed, now it's barely dropping. Good bye dreams of owning a hunter armor :cry:.

Well, this makes me really mad, because im trying to loot some newbie armor parts for weeks on Calypso ( as even if im an mediocre miner, i'm just beggining with the hunt ), and for more than 200 peds cycled on Daikibas, Exarosaurs, Combibos, Snablesnots and so on, i have looted only one Pixie Shin Guards (fortunatelly M ).
Do i have to go to NI or RT in order to loot newbie armor for Calypso ? ( as i want to loot it, not to buy it in the AH ).

apparently parts of the following have been looted :
  • Pixie
  • Gnome
  • Shogun
  • Hunter
  • Paladin

I thought these were Calypso items? Or are these generics to be found anywhere? Will the thigh guards noe become a export to Calypso, if / when these are looted?

Hanne, if you see this, some clarification on Calypso vs platform items would be nice.

The only item/loot ever coded by SDS/FPC that is Calypsian is the Pitbull and nothing else. All other loot/items were designed by MA and retained by MA as generic platform loot or MA Generic loot it now seems. This means MA distributes this "platform" or PP Shared loot to new PP's as a sort of Start up package until they get their own loot coded as RT and NI are slowly doing.

Here is the thread where i suggest that all loot from Calypso ( Before the separation from MA) will now form part of the MA generic platform loot (Appart from the Pitbul ofcourse) : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?208411-MA-Generic-Loot

I keep reading about ppl complaining about finding so called "Calypso" loot on other planets and it got me thinking. (I know this is dangerous)

I am thinking most of Calypso loot (except the newer stuff like the Pitbull) was actually designed and implemented when Calypso was a MA initiative and the loot designed during that time is actually MA trade marked and not Calypso unique (kept separate once planet broke away from MA). So my thinking is that MA designed those item codes for their experimental planet (Calypso), and kept it separate when FPC got started as a separate company.

In other words so called "Calypso loot" could in fact be MA generic loot codes distributed as a get started option to new PP's for those who want to use it before implementing their own unique loot.

Im pretty sure that anything that is designed by a PP becomes the trade mark of the PP (Which means another planet will not have the design code), so unless the PP's are sharing codes, or copying is not illegal (Which would be absurd).

So what do you all think !?

It is both scary and exciting . Scary since we dont know how the MU's of our MA items are going to be affected and exciting about what is new and pp unique. RT and NI are slowly getting there, now lets see what SDS brings to the table. Exciting times :)

Last edited:
Seems like a fast workaround to get armor other than settler and some new plates on another planet. Surely, by now, NDS has some interesting designs for armor, it couldn't have been too difficult for the responsible party(ies) to copy the stats and have the graphics be different, or add a bit to defense and take a bit from the durability or vice versa to make them "unique." As much as I don't care for RT, they have their own flavor and the atmosphere would have been better served by distinct armors that look different but protect roughly the same. Of course, there's still the TT armor, but that doesn't see a lot of use anywhere :laugh:

Well, this makes me really mad, because im trying to loot some newbie armor parts for weeks on Calypso ( as even if im an mediocre miner, i'm just beggining with the hunt ), and for more than 200 peds cycled on Daikibas, Exarosaurs, Combibos, Snablesnots and so on, i have looted only one Pixie Shin Guards (fortunatelly M ).
Do i have to go to NI or RT in order to loot newbie armor for Calypso ? ( as i want to loot it, not to buy it in the AH ).

don't feel bad i've been hunting for weeks on RT and havn't gotten anything but materials.

Drop rate has been fixed, now it's barely dropping. Good bye dreams of owning a hunter armor :cry:.

Its unfortunate you lucked out. It was to some extent the case of having peds at the right time and jumping at the chance of looting / buying. We really have to continue to press SDS for a better Mourner spawn.

The only item/loot ever coded by SDS/FPC that is Calypsian is the Pitbull and nothing else. All other loot/items were designed by MA and retained by MA as generic platform loot or MA Generic loot it now seems. This means MA distributes this "platform" or PP Shared loot to new PP's as a sort of Start up package until they get their own loot coded as RT and NI are slowly doing.

Here is the thread where i suggest that all loot from Calypso ( Before the separation from MA) will now form part of the MA generic platform loot (Appart from the Pitbul ofcourse) : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?208411-MA-Generic-Loot

You may suggest all you want, just like the rest of us, but that does not actually make it so - or give us any more clarity on "platform" vs "calypso" items. Something having dropped on another planet does not make it non-calypso item. I will give you "argonaut skull" as an example if you can't think of any others yourself.

You may suggest all you want, just like the rest of us, but that does not actually make it so - or give us any more clarity on "platform" vs "calypso" items. Something having dropped on another planet does not make it non-calypso item. I will give you "argonaut skull" as an example if you can't think of any others yourself.

Logic tells me so :D

There are only a handful of possible scenario's

Either the pre pp loot codes are owned by MA (not sold to FPC with Calypso ) and used as generic shared platform loot to new starter pp's untill their roll out their own unique non platform loot. (The one i believe it is)

or

The item codes were bought by FPC now SDS and they (SDS) are leasing out the item codes to other pp's thereby destroying any chance of Calypso remaining unique in a growing universe. (Highly unlikely they are doing this)

or

All PP's designs automatically become the property of MA or MA leases them and then distributes the loot codes as they like (unlikely)

or

Item codes are illegally being used on other PP's (Very unlikely)

or

MA cocked up yet the loot still keeps dropping ( Possible on the short term, but not likely on the long terms as it is now. So unlikely)

The argo skull as you mentioned forms part of the loot designed by ma for MA mob (Now Calypso mob). Im sure new pp's can assign platform loot to their mob as they might before they get their own unique stuff. The Drummies were most likely assigned to drop MA's generic package loot for Argo. Of course afterwards MA realised Argo sculls is mob specific and soi cannot be platform loot like all the rest. So any loot like skulls, claws etc from ex MA mob or now Calypso mob is unlikely to form part of the platform loot.

But you are correct, we do not know for sure whats going on until they tell us. My guess is they wont tell us, but to me it definitely seems MA has secured generic platform loot which as it happens, turns out to be the loot from their own creation.....Calypso. So now we just have to wait and see if Calypso (SDS) is going to remain be the "Ikea" of the Universe or if they going to get with it like the other PP's and get some new stuff unique to Calypso (SDS) soon :)

Sry if someone takes this as a attack on whoever, because it is not lol. I just like to debate and this is quite a interesting move if true :D

Last edited:
Back