TP-Chip bug

valentin

Elite
Society
Experia
Sir Valentin
When will MA fix the TP-chip bug so we can get to the point we jump....had it for few months now.:mad:

Probably never :) I too have had this problem ... but not for months like you.. it only happened to me after the 11.8.x updates.

~Danimal

I started having this problem about 2 weeks ago, before that I could land right where I wanted 9/10 times, but now I am always 100+ meters from where I intend to land :/

narfi

I'm up to excellent - finally - on my MKV chip but even my MK1 puts me the same distance past the point im aiming at - thought it was just me:scratch2:

weird.

I'm usually close. perhaps, I don't pay that much attention.

weird.

I'm usually close. perhaps, I don't pay that much attention.

I doubt MA will fix it.

I think the reason is that the TP-chip, unofficially, adds difference in altitude to the distance you jump, and has for all times. Except, in VU <=9, the ground was much flatter, so unless you tried to hit the 512m hill, you didn't notice this. But when VU10 came with mountains and canyons, it became much more clear. You can try this by, if you want to go on top of amountain, don't aim at the top but rather a point ~2/3 way between you and the top. Or do aim at top and notice that you'll arrive at a completely different distance.

Another nerf, this probably came with vu 10, is that teleporting a short distance (let's say between apartment and teleporter as you can't jump down the balcony) can cause you to arrive some 100m off.

I should add that arriving 100m off is especially annoying in towns like Twin Peaks that have a stupid wall around the center. And at Atlas Haven there is a wall surrounding a few trees some 50m from the teleporter.

One thing that annoys *me* alot besides this, and MA hasn't shown any sign of fixing, is that I sometimes get sent as far SW as my TP chip is able to, especially if I'm in a hurry. The reason is simply (as it was back in vu 7.6 when it appeared and was fixed in 7.61) that the "teleport" button and the map overlap in a small area and if you accidently click in that area the aiming point will change to the location of the "T"-button (wich is far SW). In vu 7.61 it was fixed by separating the T-button and the map, making sure this can't happen even in lag.

(Should add that I have 30+ skill level in teleporter profession.)

Last edited:
I didn't even know there was a tp chip bug. Will pay more attention tonight and see if I am landing off target. Although in the fort events I have been landing smack on the gate without any hassles.

I've been landing way off target for months also. Sold all my ME, not gonna bother. Maybe they want to drive sweat down more? :p

I didn't even know there was a tp chip bug. Will pay more attention tonight and see if I am landing off target. Although in the fort events I have been landing smack on the gate without any hassles.

Probably because:
1) You were teleporting more than 150m
2) No major differenece in elevation
3) You weren't hit by the SW bug

When will MA fix the TP-chip bug so we can get to the point we jump....had it for few months now.:mad:

I find it tends to go in opposite direction, been like this for months. Very annoying to say the least.

I should start paying more attention. The only bug I've seen is if I try to teleport too close to an actual teleporter and get it highlighted by accident, which sends me a few 100m away.

did whant to do a max jump to the west today, well i did the "max" jump, but to the east, right in the middle of a hugh crawed of mobs.. :yay:
well. cant say this is the first time at all, but why fix it..they make money on it.. :mad:

Low TT might cause this - repair your chip to full TT and see if this still happens.
And no, this aint new.

Low TT might cause this - repair your chip to full TT and see if this still happens.
And no, this aint new.

Both my chips are fully repaired after every hunt and I still have the problem :/

narfi

My chips has never been under 90% of the TT.

I noticed this in PVP4 right after the big MF update. I used to be able to jump right on top of GD on the edge of the radar with out a problem. Ever since the update its impossible for me to make a jump <200 M.

Back