FYI: Stop Hunting with Air ships please.

The whole purpose of EU is to get a certain amount of skills and specific hunting gear required to kill a cetain mob.

only slightly. the WHOLE purpose is undefined and for each person something different. but i get what you mean.

I keep seeing people hunting with Vtol's and Helicopters. First if you can't Handle the mob DOn't DO it. If you want to hunt the mob Then USE armor a FAPPER OR Chip up.
PLAY the GAME right. It will make it more worth it. Don't cheapen the game, respect it.
Don't abuse the vtol's please.

Thanks.

Mining with them is as bad, freakin miners driving or flying in dropping bombs agroing mobs they cant normally mine in on the hunter then flying or driving off, then when you park all the agroed mobs on there cliams they report you :).

The thing they mean is that ppl shoot a mob, get into their VTOL when aggroed (the aggro stops), get back out when it aggroes other team member who does the same, etc to avoid armor decay... which ppl have been banned for as it is against the rules.

Hmm in one way i understand... You have to hunt like everyone else no rules breaking etc. BUT if MA gives you opportunity to do it then why not? If its agains rules well please make so that while you kill a mob u cant get in to vehicle or smthng..

In this case if u do mining and mob agrro you its illegal to get in to vehicle and get it far from claim too?

I say its not my problem if ma gives me opportunity and then bans for using it. :scratch2:

...BUT if MA gives you opportunity to do it then why not? If its agains rules well please make so that while you kill a mob u cant get in to vehicle or smthng..

MA did not intent to give people this opportunity.
They changed VTOL behaviour because ppl would fly across LA's creating huge herds of mobs.
So they quickly changed VTOL's so that they wouldn't agro mobs anymore.

And once again, it IS against the rules.
People are getting locked for this!!!
I won't be the one reporting people, but just keep in mind that if someone does report you, you risk losing your account!

Hey about you stop ripping on him? MY GOD? HE HAS HAD ENOUGH? I'm sure he is sick of people mentitioning his name over this... Oh well? STFU and move on...

Sry man... Hate it when ppl hate...

Bother to read it carefully next time... It was a damn example that you should report such exploiters because some already have been locked before.

Beat me to it :)
a MA official NEVER posted saying it's a bug, so imo it's not :)

I suppose you have never heard the two words: "common sense"? Or you just like to troll on the internet a lot?

Are you serious ? If you pay to play then play it any which way you want !! So far as its within the rules :) I dont know maybe its just me but you have no say in how people decide to do anything so long as its within the rules <- cant state it enough times so you get it ! (fellow Canuck)

Yep you are right and VTOL hunting is against the rules

omfg!?! is this really, really this issue? then im firmly on the side of who cares. that sound NOTHING like a cheating. sounds like something, given the tools, you should and LOGICALLY would do in any other game. wtf? i thought it was some cheat the the mobs instantly forgot agro when you hopped in your vehicle.

ffs, this isn't cheating at all. how can it be? what would you possibly do to deter this? what kind of fucked up nerf will MA come up with because of your lack of forsight?

Whatever you think, it is considered an exploit by MA and ppl were temp banned for it. Just saying

I suppose you have never heard the two words: "common sense"?

sry no i havent. and ma never heard of the word communication. What IS a bug then? and what's NOT?
Please make or show me a list...

:popcorn:

Last edited:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It's not an exploit and it sickens me that MA treats it like that. They created a free to roam Universe with little limits in what you can or cannot do. It is just plain smart to use a vehicle to escape aggroing mobs, but since it costs MA money because of less decay bills to be paid, they made it illegal. Which is a very childish way of dealing with your own not well thought through fuck ups.

"
There I am discovering a very harsh planet full of aggressive monsters and robots... Ohhh noooo!!! They are attacking me: Shoot shoot shoot :handgun:
Aaaahhhh, it's getting closer, I better jump in my vehicle and travel to safe distance and try to kill it further from there...
Erhmm, oh no, you know what... I better stand ground and let the monsters beat me up all over the place, because GOD told me so....
"

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Everybody reporting people that hunt like this, or whine on the forums that people should not use this way of hunting:
Go... ...self...
Pathetic people making the free character of our world a farce :(.

If I wasn't active on the forums i wouldn't even know that there are people thinking it's a bug.

If I wasn't active on the forums, I would not even have heard of vTol hunting, nor hear anything about people having problems with it. Narrow minded people on these fori made me become aware of this ridiculous discussion.
It's not a bug, because all ingame routines are used properly. It's not an exploit because you simply use ingame stuff in a way the developer has intentionally developed it.

It's a feature. It's WAY more a feature than all kind of bugs that MA let ingame for weeks/months because they would make them a buck more. My first experience with that was in May 2003 when during a hunt all of a sudden 500 ammo (5 ped back then) simply disappeared. That happened 2 times, I reported it... I never saw those ped back again. And that goes for a lot of other ped lost to all kind of bugs.
MA is a childish bunch of ... and ... when it comes to taking responsibility.

amazing how heavily discussed this is, dont we have bigger issues in this universe to solve first?

and why is it so damn bad to hunt with a vtol escape trick, you still need all the ammo you need to kill that mob, and even more because its health does recover while you escape.

?? is it also illegal to hunt globsters/malc with marber and running ??

and for picking ONE name who got locked for this, quite stupid as so many ppl got locked (and UNLOCKED) for this. if its not allowed they should change mob behavior (attacking the vtol, thus loosing decay there)

If I wasn't active on the forums, I would not even have heard of vTol hunting, nor hear anything about people having problems with it. Narrow minded people on these fori made me become aware of this ridiculous discussion.
It's not a bug, because all ingame routines are used properly. It's not an exploit because you simply use ingame stuff in a way the developer has intentionally developed it.

It's a feature. It's WAY more a feature than all kind of bugs that MA let ingame for weeks/months because they would make them a buck more. My first experience with that was in May 2003 when during a hunt all of a sudden 500 ammo (5 ped back then) simply disappeared. That happened 2 times, I reported it... I never saw those ped back again. And that goes for a lot of other ped lost to all kind of bugs.
MA is a childish bunch of ... and ... when it comes to taking responsibility.

absolutely agree with you :) that's what i was trying to say in a more detailed version!

amazing how heavily discussed this is, dont we have bigger issues in this universe to solve first?

and why is it so damn bad to hunt with a vtol escape trick, you still need all the ammo you need to kill that mob, and even more because its health does recover while you escape.

?? is it also illegal to hunt globsters/malc with marber and running ??

and for picking ONE name who got locked for this, quite stupid as so many ppl got locked (and UNLOCKED) for this. if its not allowed they should change mob behavior (attacking the vtol, thus loosing decay there)

I agree!!!! :wise:

Isn't this so old already?
My observation is that the posted response; allegedly made by MA, was on the 1st of December 2010. They have not chosen to inform the forum or players themselves for some reason.
If they considered this an exploit wouldn't they have resolved it in the 7 months since then, and why when they originally launched VTOL was it developed to not aggro the mobs( as stated in vu notes) as well as then a few months later they also did the same with the choppers?
Isnt this part of the "dynamic" game
If u don't like what you see then make support case and stop dragging this through the forum as all it does is publicise a possible exploit which some people don't actually know about

I'm going to start spawning my VTOL and CHOPPER every time I hunt.

If one of the self proclaimed MA cops comes to investigate and shout about unwritten rules.. they can expect a reply something like:
"eat a bag of shit retart asshole"

Or something not so nice..:laugh:

Really pathetic responses here. So you all really think when MA introducted vtols that they meant to make skills and gear irrelevant, and wanted noobs like you to suddenly be able to hunt warlocks, osseocollum, etc. with zero armor/fap costs? Really?

It's an exploit and you all know it. People have been banned for using the exploit. Documented and public. You are all just trying to make excuses so you can exploit, period.

So you all really think when MA introducted vtols that they meant to make skills and gear irrelevant, and wanted noobs like you to suddenly be able to hunt warlocks, osseocollum, etc. with zero armor/fap costs? Really?

Yes, they made it irrelevant, just by their own actions.

Whats the point, MA do nothing.

Its really wierd, in any other MMORPG that doesnt even involve real money you get banned for life, and in many cases character erased if cought cheating or using exploit, and here you get a little lock on your avatar and then its all good and forgotten.

sry no i havent. and ma never heard of the word communication. What IS a bug then? and what's NOT?
Please make or show me a list...

:popcorn:

Ok, so its the part that you deleted from my quote...

Some people took the stance that the attribute exploit was NOT an exploit but think the VTOL thing is common sense...

Hypocrisy at it's best...

Some people took the stance that the attribute exploit was NOT an exploit but think the VTOL thing is common sense...

Hypocrisy at it's best...

VTOL exploit is not just common sense, MA has stated it is an exploit (albeit in a roundabout manner) and people have been banned for doing it.

No one said the attribute thing was not a bug after MA made that apparent by shutting down those missions.

WAS NOT JUST MARY JANE? :scratch2:

Thankz for the thread...
Long time i stop to post here people is blind and just attack dont see fair points where i point ...
Make clever stupid people no way...

Putt all my words please not change context :cool:

And i admit for long time IS AN EXPLOIT yes and make sense ...
But should be fixed a soon as possibel when a player get locked...

Really pathetic responses here. So you all really think when MA introducted vtols that they meant to make skills and gear irrelevant, and wanted noobs like you to suddenly be able to hunt warlocks, osseocollum, etc. with zero armor/fap costs? Really?

It's an exploit and you all know it. People have been banned for using the exploit. Documented and public. You are all just trying to make excuses so you can exploit, period.

Sorry, Xen I really respect your views most of the time, but that's just sheep mentality right there, IMO.

There are two issues here which got mixed up: entering VTOLs making mobs forget their aggro on you and using hit & run tactics to hunt.

Hit and run tactics are as old as the game itself, and it could be done even way before vehicles were even being discussed. You could do it by foot back when mobs were slower and avatars ran faster, and nobody would accuse you of exploiting. You can do it while running away and shooting grenade at the ground while being chased by a mob and nobody will call it exploiting. You can do it with a tp chip and nobody will call it exploiting. You can do it with any vehicle, other than VTOLs, yet people only pick on VTOL hunters doing this.

Why? Because there is (or used to be, I'm not sure) a feature, expressly described in a previous update change notes, where mobs would stop aggroing somebody after they entered a VTOL. From then on hunting with VTOLs became popular and lots of cry-babys began whining about hit-&-run hunting when the issue was not the hit-&-run itself, since that has been around for ages, it only became a lot more widely known with the VTOLs, but the loss of aggro, which was intended to prevent grievers from starting insane mob trains with their VTOLs, but ended up making hit-&-run with a VTOL infinitely easier than any other method and that's the exploit.

Just get over yourselves, hit-&-run hunting is as valid and clever as any other hunting strategy, like team ping-pong and using the terrain to delay the mob getting to you (I'm not talking trapping, just delaying).

If MA couldn't foresee hit-&-run becoming easier with the implementation of vehicles they are a lot more stupid than we already take them for, and deeming that as an exploit is an absurdity while letting all those other hit-&-run tactics remain legit.

The game is already grindy as a bitch without MA and every other little crybaby out there telling us that we are not allowed to do anything more than point and click while hunting.

Oh, and for the record: I do not own a VTOL, so don't even imply I'm just trying to excuse my own behaviour here.

Sorry, Xen I really respect your views most of the time, but that's just sheep mentality right there, IMO.

There are two issues here which got mixed up: entering VTOLs making mobs forget their aggro on you and using hit & run tactics to hunt.

Hit and run tactics are as old as the game itself, and it could be done even way before vehicles were even being discussed. You could do it by foot back when mobs were slower and avatars ran faster, and nobody would accuse you of exploiting. You can do it while running away and shooting grenade at the ground while being chased by a mob and nobody will call it exploiting. You can do it with a tp chip and nobody will call it exploiting. You can do it with any vehicle, other than VTOLs, yet people only pick on VTOL hunters doing this.

Why? Because there is (or used to be, I'm not sure) a feature, expressly described in a previous update change notes, where mobs would stop aggroing somebody after they entered a VTOL. From then on hunting with VTOLs became popular and lots of cry-babys began whining about hit-&-run hunting when the issue was not the hit-&-run itself, since that has been around for ages, it only became a lot more widely known with the VTOLs.

Just get over yourselves, hit-&-run hunting is as valid and clever as any other hunting strategy, like team ping-pong and using the terrain to delay the mob getting to you (I'm not talking trapping, just delaying).

If MA couldn't foresee hit-&-run becoming easier with the implementation of vehicles they are a lot more stupid than we already take them for, and deeming that as an exploit is an absurdity while letting all those other hit-&-run tactics remain legit.

The game is already grindy as a bitch without MA and every other little crybaby out there telling us that we are not allowed to do anything more than point and click while hunting.

No "sheep" thinking, just logic. MA has said it is an exploit (even if you choose to ignore it) and people have been banned for it. So obviously it is an exploit. What more do you need?

Do what you want in game, but don't try to defend vtol hunting as not an exploit when MA has already said it is.

Back