FYI: Stop Hunting with Air ships please.

No "sheep" thinking, just logic. MA has said it is an exploit (even if you choose to ignore it) and people have been banned for it. So obviously it is an exploit. What more do you need?

Do what you want in game, but don't try to defend vtol hunting as not an exploit when MA has already said it is.

But they never said it is an exploit. The closest we have is an alleged support case response. That is far from being an MA say-so and they cannot expect everybody to be aware of it, neither consider it a clear warning of it not being an allowed practice. So officially, it is still unknown what their stance towards it is. And "officially" is all that counts.

Not to mention support has been wrong before. Dead wrong. You know it, and I know it. It is standard procedure that when they are looking at an "unforeseen" situation that is advantageous to participants that they are supposed to suggest people to not do it, until further notice. Or do you really expect every single support employee to know EU inside out and be able to interpret any given delicate scenario by themselves?

And lastly: if we do get word that MA considers VTOL hunting as an exploit because of the loss of aggro feature, I'll understand fully and even agree to some extent. But if they base it on hit-&-run itself being considered an exploit, (which is what's bothering most of the people, like yourself, who complain about it because of allegedly causing uselessness of skills, uber gear etc.), then it would be utter bullshit.

Last edited:
But they never said it is an exploit. The closest we have is an alleged support case response. That is far from being an MA say-so and they cannot expect everybody to be aware of it, neither consider it a clear warning of it not being an allowed practice. So officially, it is still unknown what their stance towards it is. And "officially" is all that counts.

Not to mention support has been wrong before. Dead wrong. You know it, and I know it. It is standard procedure that when they are looking at an "unforeseen" situation that is advantageous to participants that they are supposed to suggest people to not do it, until further notice. Or do you really expect every single support employee to know EU inside out and be able to interpret any given delicate scenario by themselves?

Yes, support has definitely been wrong, but in this case, someone getting very publicly banned for vtol hunting seems to indicate they are not wrong in this case.

What did i start. Oh ya I started this SO people Stopped hunting with VTOL's and PLAY the GAME how it is suppose to be played.
A. INVEST in your avatar.
B. Hire a Fapper
C. Hunt your LEVEL

Yes, support has definitely been wrong, but in this case, someone getting very publicly banned for vtol hunting seems to indicate they are not wrong in this case.

Not banned. Locked, then unlocked and allowed to keep everything he got from it, anyway (which might even indicate he was deemed innocent after some deliberation). And that's assuming VTOL hunting was indeed the actual reason for the lock, because we'll never know for sure. Especially in light of more recent events.

And on top of that I still stand by the fact that somebody being locked is far from being a public statement about their frowning upon a certain practice.

What did i start. Oh ya I started this SO people Stopped hunting with VTOL's and PLAY the GAME how it is suppose to be played.
A. INVEST in your avatar.
B. Hire a Fapper
C. Hunt your LEVEL

And since when do you think it's your place to tell others how they should enjoy their games? A person's freedom ends where another one's begins. As long as their actions don't directly and negatively affect your own enjoyment, you are not supposed to influence theirs, either. That means if their way of hunting displeases you, but doesn't somehow directly cause you any form of damage, then you're overstepping your rights and their freedom.

Last edited:
Oh but it does effect me.
You have to understand something. The more people that play legit the better it is for everyone. If a noob can use let's say a long range weapon at level let's say 5 and all his/her skills = 0 and can kill mobs that would be a dream for that avatar, and then you have people who Invest TONS of money into SKILL and TIME and they can kill those mobs without a vtol.......... What you think's going to happen if there was no one carring to skill or put time/money into the game? It will just become a Rip off of the game. It would be like 'being' The game master when you are noob status.

IT does effect me when a noob comes into game and does this. And IT EFFECTS everyone. Every drop adds a ripple to reality, how do you want your drop to ripple?

Oh but it does effect me.
You have to understand something. The more people that play legit the better it is for everyone. If a noob can use let's say a long range weapon at level let's say 5 and all his/her skills = 0 and can kill mobs that would be a dream for that avatar, and then you have people who Invest TONS of money into SKILL and TIME and they can kill those mobs without a vtol.......... What you think's going to happen if there was no one carring to skill or put time/money into the game? It will just become a Rip off of the game. It would be like 'being' The game master when you are noob status.

IT does effect me when a noob comes into game and does this. And IT EFFECTS everyone. Every drop adds a ripple to reality, how do you want your drop to ripple?

Yeah, it sucks. But it's not against the rules (at least no official statement about it so far), so technically they're not really directly and deliberately disrupting your enjoyment of the game.

Hey, I find it a bitch that mod mercs cost as much as they do, but I'm not gonna make threads and threaten people with reports if they sell it for more than I think they're worth. Yes it's an exaggerated comparison, but (again) 'technically' it's the same thing.

Also: from what I see your problem is with people doing hit-&-run tactics, not the non-aggro feature of VTOL and if you read my first post in this thread you'll see me listing several other hit-&-run methods which nullify skills/uber gear just as much, are a LOT older than VTOL hunting and neither MA nor anybody else has manifested any problems with it being exploits or even 'unfair'.

Hell, the day MA considers an exploit running away from a mob after shooting it because I'm supposed to stand there taking a beating like a chump is the day I quit this game for good.

VTOL exploit is not just common sense, MA has stated it is an exploit

Where did they state that:scratch2:

And sorry, players posting support cases does not count as an "official" statement.

VTOL exploit is not just common sense, MA has stated it is an exploit (albeit in a roundabout manner) and people have been banned for doing it.

Temporarily.

Then they can carry on doing it presumably? I dont own a VTOL but I get the impression that only those that are reported get a slap on the wrist but get to keep whatever they looted.

I'd have thought if Mindark really cared about this exploit they'd have worked out a way of stopping it being carried out, perhaps they think by making a few scapegoats of having to play on other PC games for a month they'd have done so. I dont know.

Seems situation is as it was. Do it at your own risk.

There do seem to be a few players still locked out, but the majority have been cleared from their internal investigation, some of which had to send documentation to prove their identiy matches MA's records. What this internal investigation was about I doubt we'll ever know.

Support have ruled "hunting" with a VTOL an exploit but MA havent made it hard / impossible to do, perhaps because they dont actually use avatars available to them to recreate possible scenarios and think up a method to make it hard / impossible to profit from doing so. Or maybe they dont care. I know what I think.

Personally from what I've observed over the years its: Play fair, if you dont the maximum you'll get is a month ban but you'll get to keep the proceeds of your expoit as long as Mindark dont financially suffer.

I reported an exploit to them once, they told me it was a known issue. Others carried on using it for years. Took them 2 years to fix it. Left a nasty taste in my mouth.

I'll continue to play fair regardless. I never used an infinite lives cheat in my life - its a hollow win.

READ KILLHABEES POST AGAIN!

NOT ALL people that play EU come to the forums so they are not able to see threads like you quoted PERIOD

MA has to get off their ass and provide an OFFICIAL EXPLOIT LIST on the one place ALL players can view, the loader screen. IT IS NOT the players responsiblity to check every forum just to find a thread that says their style of play may or may not be an exploit.

I say since it has now been around for SEVERAL patches, it is not an exploit and must be a feature. If it were an exploit, and MA knowing not all view the forums, they would have corrected it.

MA did not intent to give people this opportunity.
They changed VTOL behaviour because ppl would fly across LA's creating huge herds of mobs.
So they quickly changed VTOL's so that they wouldn't agro mobs anymore.

And once again, it IS against the rules.
People are getting locked for this!!!
I won't be the one reporting people, but just keep in mind that if someone does report you, you risk losing your account!

Perhaps MA should hire some REAL coders to do things correctly.

Reading the Programming for Dummies book is no substitute for real talent and experience.

MA has to get off their ass and provide an OFFICIAL EXPLOIT LIST on the one place ALL players can view, the loader screen.

Since MA can't monitor the action of every avatar ingame this list would cause more problems. It's just like a bank publishing a list of the weaknesses of the vault.

Perhaps MA should hire some REAL coders to do things correctly.

Since you are so smart, how to solve this problem? The mobs are losing their agro on purpose in order to prevent the massive mobtrains.

The only place I've seen it said that you can't use VTOLs for hunting was on this forum. Maybe avatars who are on Rocktropia, Next Island, or Arkadia can use VTOLs to hunt since there are no player-made threads there warning other players not too.

this reminds me of the whine threads before the amp nerf. people bitching about a106 on an opalo, like it was some terrible, terrible thing. the game allows hit and run tactics, if that is the issue here, then stfu.

If you have played for more than a year and don't understand why it's a problem if people of any skill level can kill any mob in the game without any armour or fap decay, you are an idiot.

Well said Oleg. Anyone I see using this exploit will be reported and I will make sure I get the word out so other people can report them too.

Anyone using this exploit, feel free to continue. I'll be doing my damnedest to make sure your lock is permanent and not only a 1 month break.

Since MA can't monitor the action of every avatar ingame this list would cause more problems. It's just like a bank publishing a list of the weaknesses of the vault.

Since you are so smart, how to solve this problem? The mobs are losing their agro on purpose in order to prevent the massive mobtrains.

NO COMPREHEND?

I said they should put on loader screen EXPLOIT LIST (bugs), NOT EXPLOITERS (people). Whatever MA calls an exploit, they should make it known so people KNOW WHAT NOT TO DO. If they choose to still do it, then fine, ban them.

As I and others mentioned, NOT EVERYONE reads these forums. THEY ALL DO SEE the TOU and loader screen, whether they read it or not, is not MA's problem, at least they can make it available.

This BS making determination a what is an exploit is, and not making it known to people, and yet banning people for it is idiotic. And don't give that common sense excuse. People use tactics that they have learned in many other MMO/FPS games and are using them here, because they are able to because of the game engine. That gets to the second point.

I've had coding experience many years ago. You could always tell the difference between coders right out of school and those with experience. Those right out of school had no clue of the quirks of the code/scripts and would keep making the same mistakes over and over and rather than fix the issue would offer work arounds, some that caused bigger problems (sound familiar). Those that had the experience were able to do things right the first time. That was 20 years ago and a lot has changed, especially in quality control.

If the coders here, aren't able to do simple things as far as adjusting agro parameters and boundaries, I'd say they are a bit lacking in the experience department. If they had well experienced programmers, they would fix the issues in a flash. I've seen coders that built mods for games that seemed to understand the game engine mechanics better than what I've seen out of MA.

Well said Oleg. Anyone I see using this exploit will be reported and I will make sure I get the word out so other people can report them too.

Anyone using this exploit, feel free to continue. I'll be doing my damnedest to make sure your lock is permanent and not only a 1 month break.

Problem with this and what Oleg says.

HOW THE HELL do you know what is or isn't an exploit?

MA keeps adding new features, new vehicles, ships, and now space.

SO with these new items when it changes the way people play, how is one to know if it's an exploit or not? Don't say the forum, many do not read the fourm, and when you count a forum for EACH planet, not all are alike with the information.

SO what if (although unlikely) a person was able to start bombarding from space. You with your rifle on the ground surely can't hit the mothership. If it's a part of the new dimesion of play, is it an exploit? Is it fair? It's never fair bringing a knife to a gunfight.

It is MA that keeps adding new elements of play to Entropia. People are just expanding their styles of play with the new systems. So Oleg, not a good comparison of the days of old to the current days with flight and motor vehicle.

It's not for the people to determine what is an exploit or not, it's MA's job, one that they choose to selectively do, and when they do, they ban yet don't make it known to everyone of what is an exploit that will result in ban.

They need to put a simple notice on the loader screen

Known Exploits Using these will result in ban
text text text text

That is what is common sense.

If you have played for more than a year and don't understand why it's a problem if people of any skill level can kill any mob in the game without any armour or fap decay, you are an idiot.

In plain english^ It's really not that difficult of a concept, is it?

Really pathetic responses here. So you all really think when MA introducted vtols that they meant to make skills and gear irrelevant, and wanted noobs like you to suddenly be able to hunt warlocks, osseocollum, etc. with zero armor/fap costs? Really?

It's an exploit and you all know it. People have been banned for using the exploit. Documented and public. You are all just trying to make excuses so you can exploit, period.

Erhmm, I never used a vTol myself to do this hunting trick myself, event hough I have owned one. Vtols making skills and gear irrelevant is bullshit and you know it. If MA did not meant vtols to be able to be used like this, they should have made them differently, period.

Have you ever considered that most EU participants don't or hardly visit this forum? So, what do you mean by "very publicly"?

Seems mentality changes when you finally reached the top. I'd never ever would have expected these words from you.

Ok, so its the part that you deleted from my quote...

calling me a troll for writing my opinion on a forum? lol...

Like i said before, unless MA will make a official statement that it's indeed a bug (I don't think it is) then i'll stop using a VTOL to dodge mobs when I have too many on me. This goes for big mobs :)

Why don't they add a ridiculous cooldown to air vehicles? like 60s or more after use.

Problem with this and what Oleg says.

HOW THE HELL do you know what is or isn't an exploit?

MA keeps adding new features, new vehicles, ships, and now space.

SO with these new items when it changes the way people play, how is one to know if it's an exploit or not? Don't say the forum, many do not read the fourm, and when you count a forum for EACH planet, not all are alike with the information.

SO what if (although unlikely) a person was able to start bombarding from space. You with your rifle on the ground surely can't hit the mothership. If it's a part of the new dimesion of play, is it an exploit? Is it fair? It's never fair bringing a knife to a gunfight.

It is MA that keeps adding new elements of play to Entropia. People are just expanding their styles of play with the new systems. So Oleg, not a good comparison of the days of old to the current days with flight and motor vehicle.

It's not for the people to determine what is an exploit or not, it's MA's job, one that they choose to selectively do, and when they do, they ban yet don't make it known to everyone of what is an exploit that will result in ban.

They need to put a simple notice on the loader screen

Known Exploits Using these will result in ban
text text text text

That is what is common sense.

I very much agree with this. The lack of fundamental information from MINDARK creates a lynchmob on forums where some people are suddenly both police , judge and jury !
Personally it makes me sick !
Official statements or it didnt happen !

If you played more than a year and consistently worry about what others are doing...
Your a whining little bitch of an idiot..

Beware! The Entropian Gestapo is out in full force!:wise:

Are you serious ? If you pay to play then play it any which way you want !! So far as its within the rules :) I dont know maybe its just me but you have no say in how people decide to do anything so long as its within the rules <- cant state it enough times so you get it ! (fellow Canuck)

This is what I would expect Clan of Noce to say........:rolleyes:

So If i can own a Car in Real Life and i know the Car can drive on Grass and anywhere i please. And hey theres no Rules out there driving my Car on lawns of people's houses, but it's kinda Stuck in your head morality wise would you still do it cause your a 'free' human? the answer should be no.
Basicly what i am saying is Common Sense applys here.
Use it

So If i can own a Car in Real Life and i know the Car can drive on Grass and anywhere i please. And hey theres no Rules out there driving my Car on lawns of people's houses, but it's kinda Stuck in your head morality wise would you still do it cause your a 'free' human? the answer should be no.
Use it

Just a FYI, there are rules to not drive on people's lawns... It's called 'trespassing'.

Use it

I still lack an answer about you exploiting with VTOL while mining... Dodging mobs..

Back