Hmm If the forum is SDS owned is there any point in it anymore

Status

thoeri

Dominant
Society
Kaos
Obi Kent Salvador
So SDS owns this web site,
so my question is what are they going to do with it when they do not own anymore
Planet Calypso?

What will happen to all the information in the PCF?

Obi

I think they're going to feed it to the trolls!

Muahahaha..

Uhm, no clue, just trying to make a funny.

So SDS owns this web site,
so my question is what are they going to do with it when they do not own anymore
Planet Calypso?

What will happen to all the information in the PCF?

Obi

there is other threads relating to this same topic, you should have just posted it there m8 :)

Don't think much will change on the forum regardless of who owns and runs it.

Maybe they can include the forum when selling Calypso to sweeten the deal. ;)

No no, 711 probably buys it back for 1/10 of what he sold it for.

If people have stuff on the forum they want to keep but don't have it anywhere else best to get it now :(

Well...

SDS are gone, Ma in control now post on Entropia Forum...

1- So is there any point bothering to post here anymore?

2- How long before the forum with all our posts, tests, game knowledge just going to go poof?

3- Why are we now all apparently talking to ourselves lol.

Oh hum may as well go back to EF, PCF kinda seems pointless now.

Am i missing something?:scratch2:

I really really hope there is a backup of everything on the forum and that it would be possible to use later on if this forum is not considered part of Calypso and therefore still belongs to SDS/SEE... altho I guess it would already be down if that was the case? :eyecrazy:

All i can say is way to go 711 for selling it and all information it contains.

Perhaps this is the IP (intellectual property) SEE is referring to in retaining ownership.

If SDS shuts it down, everything that SO MANY PEOPLE have contributed, and had the rug pulled out from them because of of the actions of one person, a large piece of PE history can be gone.

He had the right to sell the forum, but much of the information was beyond just one planet and should have been made open source for all to obtain.

Here comes the next bite of being bitten in the ass.

Maybe it's time to jump over to Lykke and VF's forum.

That is what happens when a company doesn't have its own forum.

PHPBB is so easy to set up...

Maybe it's time to jump over to Lykke and VF's forum.

I've been wondering why more people haven't yet. It's a great forum for all planets and they don't have a history of selling everything out to one PP.

Reactions: Mac
I note Entropia Forum has had a recent makeover...maybe MA taking it over? As for this official forum, MA owns Calypso, this is the official forum of Calypso so I assume MA now own this as well?

I note Entropia Forum has had a recent makeover...maybe MA taking it over? As for this official forum, MA owns Calypso, this is the official forum of Calypso so I assume MA now own this as well?

It appears that SDS is, according to SEE, not in the hands of MA so the forum is still owned by them. MA have only taken the planet back i.e. the datafiles and models that make up Calypso. SDS still exists but has had it's Entropia Universe license and right to manage a planet removed.

Atleast thats the way Kim is making things sound over on EF and from what SEE have written.

To be brutal, most of the material inherited by this forum is legacy and has little relevance on how to play the game now. It has an historical (and, for some of the older participants, a nostalgic or emotional) significance, but not a commercial value.

More recent material? Well, the mushrooming of independent forums shows how easy it is to get something up and running. So, again, no commercial value.

I don't know what value a membership list has nowadays (possibly in attracting advertising?), but would doubt that it has much.

If MA owns the forum, then presumably it loans it out to whoever owns the planet. If it doesn't own the forum, there shouldn't be any commercial incentive for the current owner to hang on. Whatever, the forum will follow whoever manages the planet.

In a multi-forum environment, there are only two reasons for having an 'official' site: (1) for archiving (which is why the early howls about the sale from EF to PCF seemed strange - an official forum should have more survival power than an unofficial one); and (2) for contact with the game's paid managers and developers.

So the logical conclusion of this argument is: this forum is likely to move onto whoever takes control of Calypso after MA's stewardship ends. So it should remain an important forum, the more so if it acts an an interface between managers/developers and players.

Pioneer said that SDS share a lunch room with ma, so thats prob the same building

I guess Marco and the gang will be ordering out for a while; probably pretty frosty in the lunch. :)

This is all 711's fault for not offering the forum up for public sale in the first place. I'm pretty sure someone from the community would have bought it.

Don't go back to EF, if you need an all-planets forum go to EP.

What did Neomaven know about the SEE<>MA split and when did he know it?

This forum will not be closed down.

Like the Planet Calypso itself, this forum has moved back into the hands of MA.

No it's NOT an official MA forum, it's still a Planet Calypso Forum.

Things are still being run as they were. As far as the (active) forum staff is concerned, it's business as usual.

Pioneer said that SDS share a lunch room with ma, so thats prob the same building

Yes same building, but the domain is still registered to SDS, that's what I was trying to say, but John cleared it all up

Like the Planet Calypso itself, this forum has moved back into the hands of MA.

Sorry to be a bit out of the loop....but , MA did bought back FPC , or what the hell is going on...
Dammm i just managed to got my brain straight that calypso is owned by SDS right ? so what i did miss ?

apparently, foreclosures don't only happen IRL. :laugh:

Sorry to be a bit out of the loop....but , MA did bought back FPC , or what the hell is going on...
Dammm i just managed to got my brain straight that calypso is owned by SDS right ? so what i did miss ?

FPC was a temporary measure and became SDS when SEE bought Planet Calypso.....

Now SDS and MA are no longer working together, MA have taken over planet calypso, SDS are out of loop and all is back to how it started without Marco and old FPC team...

However SEE claim they have IP of Calypso (intellectual Property), MA say not so now your up to speed lol ....

Well at least for this week :D

This is all discussed in MANY other places. I'll just stick to the forum portion atm, since that is the focus of this thread.

As I understand it, MA took back the ingame property and this forum. To my understanding FPC/SDS staff are currently without employment.

Well, that's sure as hell gonna be awkward come Monday morning!

Well, that's sure as hell gonna be awkward come Monday morning!

According to MA the entire SDS staff is no longer working on any MA PP projects. I doubt they'll be in the office on Monday.

Status
Back