Hmm If the forum is SDS owned is there any point in it anymore

Status
As of the present, SDS has failed to fulfill its remaining financial obligations with regard to the FPC sales agreement.

I see a pattern emerging about SEE and financial obligations. I hope all SDS employees did get paid in a timely manner.

Yeah and you did right...

And after i dont know how many threads and talk about the whole matter, here and on other sites i realy think it´s for the better for all with important information geting posted in clear wat were everyone will se it :)

I agree

More clear indication from up on high would be better, as people are bound to speculate and worry with the platform being RCE. Some have quite substantial amounts in game (not me btw), Hangars, LA's Shops etc and i think sometimes they forget this when they half tell the community about situations as we have now. The speculation wears down consumer confidence and i think harms everything as a whole with just silence and fill in the gaps, it creates worry and doubt overall.

Maybe they can't say more atm, but things are bound to create general worry. Especially when dates, and statements from SEE/MA don't quite add up from our perspective. The platform and concept are imo a great asset, please don't let lousy communication hamstring EU's success is all i ask and suspect many others also feel the same.

Damn i need a drink :D

All the best

Dibs

history

Agreed, How quickly people rewrite history or worse, pretend they were there when it happened and claim things happened differently than they did.

Entropia forum was for PROJECT ENTROPIA. One planet, under Marco, with liberty, justice, and gold goins in loot for all.

Found the info I was looking for. There are some that truely don't know the history so here is a blast of the past. It is nice to see some of the things that were planned, some came to be, some never did, and some just took a while.

This did come out before EF, and many now "long term" players. It was orginally out on other forums that aren't in existence now. Thankfully those at EP did obtain it.

Marco was the one that put this info out back then.

I'm not re-writing history, just trying to keep it the way it happened rather than the way people say it happened.

selection of content coming during 2004-2005 In no particular order of priority.

Add new functions to auction – adding functions like purchase orders of bulk items.

Add new functions to societies – society functions will be deepened and much more control will be issued.

Add new levels and professions for crafting.

Add stats to tools – tools will get the same amount of info as weapon and armor counter-parts, making it easier to assay them.

Advertising/Department stores – set up shop in a department store, advertise your stuff and become a successful retailer.

Bars – Bars will be places of relaxation and entertainment, everything a weary avatar needs.

Beauty/Body shops – Shops where you can alter the looks of your avatar, with completely new appearances and styles, including piercing and tattoos.

Bounty hunting system – are you annoyed that you getting killed by some bully? Set a contract on him and make him pay the consequences.

Carpentry – new crafting profession, making furniture and other similar items.
Crafters will be able to repair items – meaning you don’t have to run back to the imperial communal repair terminals.

Enhanced chat/messaging system – allowing for more advanced functions, like grouping, blocks and offline messaging.

Event tools – make tools available for Project Entropia participants to organize their own events, with ticket sales, area rentals and rules.

Food/Drinks – a new crafting profession, food and drinks will enhance the avatar abilities.

Huge Mindforce update – both the way Mindforce the interface works as well as numerous new powers.

Land management system – you want to enhance your lands with new creatures, or perhaps add new minerals to it? Go ahead.

New planets – what lies beyond Calypso?

Notary/Reputation system – are you good or evil? Can you be trusted or not? This system will help determine what kind of person the avatar is.

Space exploration/combat – discover new areas in space, mine asteroids, fight pirates, enhance your space ship with additional equipment, weapons and shields.

Taming system – ever wanted to own your pet Atrox and ride it off towards the sunset?

Update “Pre-Gold” items to “Ancient” status – some items are truly rare and respected.

Vehicles – be a bus driver or maybe a heavy machinery operator. Or make a living hauling large quantities of ore."

The original contract governing the sale of the EF database and the creation of PlanetCalypsoForum was entered into with First Planet Company (FPC), and included a payment schedule. As with any other outstanding contract, the terms and liabilities of that contract were assumed by SDS when it acquired FPC from MindArk. As of the present, SDS has failed to fulfill its remaining financial obligations with regard to the FPC sales agreement.

The PlanetCalypsoForum website and database is and always has been in my possession, and is hosted on the same servers as EntropiaForum.com. At no point in time has any other company or entity (including SDS) had access to the forum database, and this will remain the case until the terms of the original sales agreement have been fulfilled.

As you no doubt know, MindArk has resumed control of all operations relating to Planet Calypso, and this includes PlanetCalypsoForum, Calypso's official community forum. I am in regular contact with MindArk representatives regarding PCF's current and future operation.

In brief: PCF will remain online as the official community forum for Planet Calypso, and there is no need for members to worry about the website being shut down, or any loss of forum threads or member data.

If FPC couldn't pay and same with SDS makes me wonder just how many millions of dollars you sold it for. How much you sold us all out for, guess nice to know we are worth quite a bit :)

Will this forum be shut down?

I mean since it is run by SEE/SDS who are no longer a planet partner…?

If FPC couldn't pay and same with SDS)

I never said that 'FPC couldn't pay'. FPC followed the payment schedule as agreed in the sales contract.

makes me wonder just how many millions of dollars you sold it for. How much you sold us all out for, guess nice to know we are worth quite a bit :)

I am not at liberty to disclose the amount, but it was nowhere near 'millions' or even one million.

Doesn't Mindark own PCF now? Who gets the money for subscriptions? I'm pretty sure I've given MA quite enough money over the years.

Doesn't Mindark own PCF now? Who gets the money for subscriptions? I'm pretty sure I've given MA quite enough money over the years.

Good point!
Good Question!

711 owns both as the payment for the forum was never made by PFC. So another words we got screwed cause the forums split for nothing :banghead:

(unless I am wrong 711? )

-Bemo-

Good point!
Good Question!

No, I still own PCF, due to SDS not fulfilling its obligations regarding the sale of PCF.

These issues have been addressed several times now in other threads.

Posts moved to the relevant thread.

So another words we got screwed cause the forums split for nothing :banghead:

The forums were not split 'for nothing': PCF is dedicated exclusively to Planet Calypso, whereas EntropiaForum is dedicated to the entirety of Entropia Universe, and especially Space.

Status
Back