Will the real EU Comunity please stand up?

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
Reading today about the community again being let down by another VU. I hear so many complaints. But then look so many happy paying customer blowing there money hunting,mining crafting upgrading. Even the ppl bitching and moaning i see them globaling later. So seriously what does the community really think of things? Because what i dont get from readings ppls comments is why are you still playing? What is fun? If your fed up like i am with how MA has taken the enjoyment out of the game then why not just stop playing and investing into the game, wouldn't that make MA want to change things?

See i don't think the community really cares enough or has the balls to stand up organize themselves and force change.

IS anyone really fed up pissed off and actually want make some changes?

p.s. wrote this with 1 hand cause my other is in a cast thats how much i care lol

I hated cigarettes for many years before I quit.

Other than that, I actually have hope that [some of] the Planet Partners will stand up to MA and demand improvements that will get more paying customers in and staying in.

I love EU, a little disapointing at times, but overall good. And this is comming from a guy who just lost 200ped in space(still love space btw)

I hear you, but we are all addicted junkies of this game. What I do wonder is if SEE studios and Marco terminated the contract with MA rather than MA terminating with them. SEE studios may have abandoned Calypso due to MAs shareholders demanding more and more profits at the expense of quality of game play.
The introduction of space has left the planet partner economies on a knife edge, avatars are slowly heading back to Calypso. We can only wait and see if Arkadia studios and Neverdie studios push for better balancing of space. Currently Twins is busier than ever!

The next few months will be very interesting...

EU has so much potential but most times doesn't live up to it's potential. The community is what keeps me around. I was prepared to deposit $500 U.S. today to kill Eomon/Longtooth because they started spawning July 6th of last year. Figured they'd spawn today (on July 6th again) with the update. That didn't happen however so I didn't deposit. What else can I do? When I'm not happy I don't pay to play. When I'm happy I pay. Will MindArk EVER realize that they could make 10x the money if they'd actually listen to their customer base and run things with SOME consistancy? Probably not.... so... I either quit or deal with it on a personal level. Quitting would mean leaving many friends behind. So I choose to just deposit TINY amounts until they do something I ENJOY then I deposit more. If everyone did that they'd realize what works best and what don't.

I've got almost 165k skills and will opalo hunt before depositing when I'm un-happy. If I'm happy..... I'll burn through HL15's and X1's like they're going outta style. It's all up to MindArk as to how much money they want to make from me.

Menace

Well the community is kinda split (talking aout the PE community atm) on different planets.

I am kinda happy with the vu because I am on arkadia and there we got a nice update. (not as big as I hoped for but well okay). The game itself keeps updating and chancing which makes it fun for the worst or the better. I do have my moments of hating the game or the ppl behind it. ATM I have mixed feelings about MA and Former SDS and lets hope that will improve.

And ofc I want to chance things to suit my needs but will the rest of the players agree with it. And yeah some explainations about some changes like mining/scanning would be wonderfull as a lot of players dont know why the need for the chance

Well I have seen ppl admit to hanging on thw forum despite not PLAYING anymore, some of them whining about systems implemented after they say they stopped playing... One even hanging around simply to PM newbies telling them to go away.

I do not understand that behaviour tbh. If you dislike something so much, why stay? Why waste energy complaining in such a way that it'll only be ignored?

Thankfully, we have those who actually tries constructive critisism, and those are the people we need. People who can say whats wrong and how to improve it instead of "ragequitting" only to hang around complaining about everything (often incl. great additions they never tried ingame) for all eternity.

EU has so much potential but most times doesn't live up to it's potential. The community is what keeps me around. I was prepared to deposit $500 U.S. today to kill Eomon/Longtooth because they started spawning July 6th of last year. Figured they'd spawn today (on July 6th again) with the update. That didn't happen however so I didn't deposit. What else can I do? When I'm not happy I don't pay to play. When I'm happy I pay. Will MindArk EVER realize that they could make 10x the money if they'd actually listen to their customer base and run things with SOME consistancy? Probably not.... so... I either quit or deal with it on a personal level. Quitting would mean leaving many friends behind. So I choose to just deposit TINY amounts until they do something I ENJOY then I deposit more. If everyone did that they'd realize what works best and what don't.

I've got almost 165k skills and will opalo hunt before depositing when I'm un-happy. If I'm happy..... I'll burn through HL15's and X1's like they're going outta style. It's all up to MindArk as to how much money they want to make from me.
Menace

This preety much summs it up, especialy the bolded text.

Why I 'stay'?
... 'cos I have too many peds stuck in items became useless (and also lost a lot mu) .. no to mention skills.
It would take several weeks gameplay to sell all the crap. .. then not to mention withdrawal time.

Spent here years to know MA is the most impotent, greedy bunch of :mad::censored::censored:!

I had big hope that things will change once planetpartners arrive, but they are bond and exploited the same way as us by MA 'balancing team' (oh how i wish to make rabbit food from they flesh and some usefull items from their bones)

So from VU to VU I am cheking out new things (bugs) and loot distrubution... but no gameplay at all.

Reading today about the community again being let down by another VU. I hear so many complaints. But then look so many happy paying customer blowing there money hunting,mining crafting upgrading. Even the ppl bitching and moaning i see them globaling later. So seriously what does the community really think of things? Because what i dont get from readings ppls comments is why are you still playing? What is fun? If your fed up like i am with how MA has taken the enjoyment out of the game then why not just stop playing and investing into the game, wouldn't that make MA want to change things?
Check my tracker stats since space VU. That´s kind of what I am doing and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Play some better and cheaper games instead untill space is changed. Arkadias economy is going down everyday whilst the Calypso one keeps rising thanks to lootable pvp space and I will not tolerate such selfish behaviour from MA.

Just "mining" my own business on Calypso. As soon as medium to high volume mining services will be needed on Arkadia, I will operate on both planets.

I don't have any grudge against MA, I just accept this perpetual drain system for what it is, and play along with it.

See i don't think the community really cares enough or has the balls to stand up organize themselves and force change.

p.s. wrote this with 1 hand cause my other is in a cast thats how much i care lol

Im only here to check the forum now and then. What a mess. Bullsh!t everywhere. The usual happy people and the usual disapointed suspects. No need to explain. Entropia is no longer a Project. Its became gigantic, blown up piece of crap. The spirit is long gone.

The people that are still pumping their money in here are either new to PE or the usual addicted-to-gambling people or crazy rich people.

The love is gone. The details got removed and destroyed. No one at MA/FPC/SEE/WTF cares anymore. So it wont help if we still care.

Is that what you wanted to hear ? :)

Im only here to check the forum now and then. What a mess. Bullsh!t everywhere. The usual happy people and the usual disapointed suspects. No need to explain. Entropia is no longer a Project. Its became gigantic, blown up piece of crap. The spirit is long gone.

The people that are still pumping their money in here are either new to PE or the usual addicted-to-gambling people or crazy rich people.

The love is gone. The details got removed and destroyed. No one at MA/FPC/SEE/WTF cares anymore. So it wont help if we still care.

Is that what you wanted to hear ? :)

Hm...first I have to decide if you are being ironic or not. :laugh:

But, Yeah, I think that's what the OP wants to hear.

There are thousands of ideas out there about what to do to increase gameplay, number of participants, loot balancing, whatever, wtf etc. Every new player is screaming blue murder along with older, more experienced players as soon as something isn't to their liking.
Still, we must keep in mind that most players see it as a game, not an investment. And those that do see it as an investment rarely complains about things being altered, but silently adapt and keep on making money. Or loosing money.
The choice to play or not is yours and yours alone to make.
Can't quit because you got too much invested? Tough break, but investing is a risky business whether it's in a video game or in the financial areas like banking, stock market, real estate, you name it.
If the risk of loosing money is the only thing keeping a player here, well, then that's a bit pathetic in itself since the player with that attitude probably will continue loosing money.

And would the community really put some more money into the game if things were to their liking? Doubtfully, if you see it in the light of peoples RL economy. The opportunity to lose more money but at a slower rate, for example if MA decided to re-balance the loot system away from huge HoFs and ATH's towards a more sensitive loot distribution with a lot more small HoFs and globals and thus increase the overall return from todays 70% back to 90%, probably wouldn't be incentive enough for most players to increase their depositing.
As always there will exceptions to the rules but just few players depositing more would'n make much of a mark in EUs overall economy.

And if you do have some good ideas of how to make things better, so tell MA that.
As much as I love this forum and the huge amount of knowledge that is stored here facts is that MA listens to it's users elsewhere. There is a thread about it here
Apart from all the stored info about the game this forum is more and more taking the shape of a whiners convention.
And just how constructive is that?

It's give and take. Something someone is all frowny face about might have happened in the vu that something someone else really wanted. Yesterday's vu resulted in estates being fixed so myself and many other estate owners will likely deposit a bit to restock the shops, etc.

However you want to put it, most of the main professions are gambling and even with massive losses, your chances of breaking even in game are currently a lot greater, and a lot cheaper than a lot of other methods of gambling irl... Go to a slot machine or poker table and you can lose everything in an hour if you are not careful. Spend your life savings on lottery tickets and the same thing will happen. In eu, your ped can at least be cycled a while.

Most guys keep their wallets in their back pocket, so they usually stand up to yank out the credit card. ;)

Last edited:

there is no need to stand up. EU is an experiment involving money and it will either succeed or fail. It all depends on who runs first out of money, the provider or the players.

I'm a post VU10 player and I like most of the things that have been done since VU10. And there are a lot of people like me - and people from before VU10 - around who are rather happy with the game. We spend money because we like what we get.

Other than that, I actually have hope that [some of] the Planet Partners will stand up to MA and demand improvements that will get more paying customers in and staying in.

They need to get rid of the freeloaders and ped farmers first, way to much money is leaving the game through those channels for the game to be worthwhile for new pay to play customers, especially on Ark, RT & NI.

Menace

Lot of PPL doing so. But MA seems to sleep and don't check, that happy players do more deposite. And they may never find out, that false promises kill the player thrust. Without THRUST, no one is willing to invest large amounts of $ !

Edit:
Also this game cost a bit too much, to get a large player base. One month play EU cost near same , as play 2 other MMOs for 12 months. Not everyone is rich and can affort to play this game on the skill levels they have. If we want more player in game, it needs to get cheaper to play !

Last edited:
I've been standing up since Vu 10, I just want to be able to sit again...

Agreed!

I don't nearly spend as much time in game as I used to. Just waiting for the game that makes me forget about this one
:wise:

They keep removing the things that were fun and replacing it with "No Loot" "Fail" "Please wait till the other item is unequipped" :eyecrazy:

I love EU, I always have (although "Project" Entropia was where it was at haha) - but frustration will always be a part of the game. If you didn't get pissed off during times of poor loot, I would imagine something is wrong with you.

On the other hand, maybe everyone really does hate the game - but we all just have gambling addictions haha.

I think you are right.

Most of the people playing wouldn't be playing if the money they spent was really a significant amount to them. No one will play this game who thinks $50 a month is a lot of money.

The last person who said something close to this got banned and the community had to bail them out.

+Rep

They need to get rid of the freeloaders and ped farmers first, way to much money is leaving the game through those channels for the game to be worthwhile for new pay to play customers, especially on Ark, RT & NI.

The whole point of the game is that you can withdraw, you may as well go play a monthly fee game if you don't like players withdrawing.

The whole point of the game is that you can withdraw, you may as well go play a monthly fee game if you don't like players withdrawing.

In that case traders, reselers, LA owners and Pkers will remain without cash cows.

In that case traders, reselers, LA owners and Pkers will remain without cash cows.

Hm, the first 3 can be regarded as suppliers and we all want and need those.
As for PK'ers, well it's voluntary to go where they roam the universe. ;)

Hm, the first 3 can be regarded as suppliers and we all want and need those.
As for PK'ers, well it's voluntary to go where they roam the universe. ;)

To be fair, resellers are usually defined as people who manipulate the market to gain money, and LA owners are not needed, since all mobs could exist without LAs, but I wouldn't want them removed either...

In my opinioin that is where many players (investors?) and MA itself is failling. What I mean is that, in order for some people to be able to withdraw and profit, be it either because they got lucky or because they invested time and money (and suposelly had fun while doing it), there must be a consite and big enough player base that is willing to pay-toplay. What I've been saying for , well forever, is that the only way to keep that consistent base of pure "players", the game should be less expensive to have fun in. That's why I think that so many people state that they are on "hold", until the balancing gets better. It's not that we want to win more, is more that we would like to loose less :)

I've been in and out since 2004, i think, I have let one of my accounts expire (and believe I regreted it enough already), I still enjoy the game, I still believe the concept, but I've not been able to have fun lately because of the cost. I dont get thrilled by the small chance of getting an absurd HOF, even if I would LOOVE it if it happened. Just to keep on topic :)

Back