Another avatar using name 'Serica'

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
I'm one of the players that continues to go to Gateway each day, to help new Calypso players.

In the past hour, I've seen an avatar arrive with the name '<first name removed> Serica <last name removed>'.

Without going into details, I have reason to believe that this account has been created to damage my reputation in some way.

Please be careful in any interaction.

Last edited:
didnt know we could go to the gateway..

Only old guides can go to the Gateway, I sent a support case recently about it.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, it is not possible to go into the Gateway since this is an area reserved for new avatars.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support

(which I know isn't true cause I've seen screenies of there)

Back on topic, Ill watch out for the avatar and I won't get confused ;D

didnt know we could go to the gateway..

The avatars we use there are owned by MindArk (originally SDS).

We have access to use them, within limitations agreed to at the time we were asked to volunteer.

The avatar I use there is name 'Community Adviser Serica'.

yeah.. or maybe better if MA opens up that place so everyone could go there

The program is temporary, untill mentoring comes, it was designed so that its a quiet place so the idiots of the community cant disturb the newbies taking their first steps in the game learning the basics. When mentoring comes the plan is to give people access after they have proven themselves through mentoring.

Or atleast that was FPC's plan anyway...

Whatever way you look at it, this is off topic.

he he I met some other Sercia before doing some piloting... but I guess you are aware of that Sercia allready? Coz it wasn´t you. ;)

lmfao, some people feel they are so important noone else can share their middle name, seriusly lmfao

and just fyi serica has a meaning in other languages not just yours

Not so much to feel the need to be important, despite some societies' goals hehe
Rather to prevent innocents to be scammed

lmfao, some people feel they are so important noone else can share their middle name, seriusly lmfao

and just fyi serica has a meaning in other languages not just yours

Search on forum here and find any other member using the name 'Serica'.

Search on EntropiaTracker for the name 'Serica'.

How many do you see other than me ?

And please, tell me what 'Serica' means to someone using Cyrillic characters for the rest of their name ? I'd be interested to know what the rest of it translates to as well.

I've never claimed to be a high-ranking avatar, but I've not missed a day ingame since 2006. In that time, I've never seen another avatar with the name 'Serica'.

In that time also, I've built a strong reputation for honesty and reliability. Other players have entrusted me to hold ped and items for them worth many thousands of ped, without collateral.

Until further notice, I'll be displaying my full ingame name in chat, to hopefully avoid any confusion.

And please, tell me what 'Serica' means to someone using Cyrillic characters for the rest of their name ? I'd be interested to know what the rest of it translates to as well.

perhaps you are unaware of it, but, in many countries both writings are used quite often.
And serica is a term that is used to define a extremly lucky person

I've never claimed to be a high-ranking avatar, but I've not missed a day ingame since 2006. In that time, I've never seen another avatar with the name 'Serica'.

high or low ranked player, dont realy matter.
And becouse you havent seen an avatar with that name, it doesnt mean people arnt allowed to use a frase commonly used in some countries.
Until further notice, I'll be displaying my full ingame name in chat, to hopefully avoid any confusion.

and this is how you shouldev handled the matter in first place without the extra forum fuzz

And serica is a term that is used to define a extremly lucky person

Funnily enough I can't find a reference to that usage on Google at all.

On the other hand, I do make the first page of results :)

I'd be interested to see how you felt after seeing another avatar named Majstorex.

There's been scams before with avatars using the names of well-known players. I'm hoping to avert some chance of that by posting here.

Funnily enough I can't find a reference to that usage on Google at all.
its mostly a peoples term and it derives from seronja into serica, serator, sralac... so yes probably wont find a direct translation.
On the other hand, I do make the first page of results :)

I'd be interested to see how you felt after seeing another avatar named Majstorex..

I would feel sorry for the dude for chosing such a stupid name

There's been scams before with avatars using the names of well-known players. I'm hoping to avert some chance of that by posting here.

I did get the point of your thread but its a long shot and mostlikely wont have an effect at a newbie that is eager to get from one place to another as fast as possible, if we also keep in mind most newbies dont even read the forum.

its mostly a peoples term and it derives from seronja into serica, serator, sralac... so yes probably wont find a direct translation.

I would feel sorry for the dude for chosing such a stupid name

I did get the point of your thread but its a long shot and mostlikely wont have an effect at a newbie that is eager to get from one place to another as fast as possible, if we also keep in mind most newbies dont even read the forum.

What on earth makes you think I was posting here to alert newbies?

Many of my regular passengers are from major socs.

if we also keep in mind most newbies dont even read the forum.

So i come along, see Serica, ask her to hold something for me to give to someone else, im in a rush and it ends up not being Serica, She is aiming this at people who know her and trust her and also use these forums so they dont possibly loose out, not newbies who wouldnt know her from a bar of soap anyway.

Just a heads up for friends.

so you are saying one of your regular customers will mistaken this newbie avatar for yourself?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serica
Serica, the land of the Seres, was the name by which the Greco-Romans referred to a country in Central Asia.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4247533
Serica Technologies, Inc., a medical device company, develops silk-based biomaterial platforms that are used in tissue repair caused by disease, trauma, or aging.

http://www.serica.net/

googling serica brought up About 823,000 results.

I can't say anything though. It was only after I was using the name mastermesh for a few years that I learned that there was a mastermesh fence company, lol.

I'm gunna go eat some TV choccky malt snacks and chill ;)

Sorry but I find this very out of order, especially from a guide.

All we know that there is a innocent newbie arriving which happens to have the same name as a "reputable" other player.
Suddenly he/she finds a thread on the public forum warning everyone that it might be a possible scammer.

There is no proof that he/she did a scam/misused a name or other bad things.

Or did I miss the new rule? Guilty until proven innocent?

This looks almost as slander of a newbie.

Regards,
Ion

Seems a player indeed made the same middle name. So who cares? If i dont see Ant. Army above their head I know it is not you. Dont worry about your rep , the ppl that know you will know you.

As for it being a scammer or so and given what i know it was either a innocent thingie and nothing to worry about (i know their is another Faye ingame, the horror) but if it indeed was to upset you then he job was very well done.

This thread is kinda pointless and excatly what the " scammer" wants. if it indeed is a scammer

She is warning you that there is another Serica out there and if you think you are doing business with the old one, you might not be. She did not call the AV a scammer, she said that she has reason to believe this AV was created to use her rep, because guess what? Its been done before in the past with well know AV's. With an old well known name people will come right up to you and try and do businesses.

Guides help ppl, she has in no way damaged this AV's rep and she has probably saved some ppl from doing business with the wrong AV.

I have never heard the name Serica till I played EU that's how common it is. Thanks for the thread :thumbup:

She is warning you that there is another Serica out there and if you think you are doing business with the old one, you might not be. She did not call the AV a scammer,

Why the warning then ? Should we make warning thread about every similar name then ? This is the way to greet a maybe unsuspecting newbie then?

Great guides we are then

She is warning you that there is another Serica out there and if you think you are doing business with the old one, you might not be. She did not call the AV a scammer, she said that she has reason to believe this AV was created to use her rep, because guess what? Its been done before in the past with well know AV's. With an old well known name people will come right up to you and try and do businesses.

Guides help ppl, she has in no way damaged this AV's rep and she has probably saved some ppl from doing business with the wrong AV.

I have never heard the name Serica till I played EU that's how common it is. Thanks for the thread :thumbup:

Let me explain my post a bit better for you.

I'm one of the players that continues to go to Gateway each day, to help new Calypso players.

In the past hour, I've seen an avatar arrive with the name '{removed} Serica {removed}'.

Without going into details, I have reason to believe that this account has been created to damage my reputation in some other way.

Please be careful in any interaction.

That coming from a guide weights heavy and will put pointing fingers to the named newbie.
And this can cause damage to a new player reputation the first minute he/she log's in.

If your afraid that your name might mixed up, than word it differently than in this case.
That can be done without damaging someones rep.

The examples you mention are way different than this one.
Those where names that where almost exact copy's with one letter different.
Than the goal is pretty clear.

For example if the persons name was: Herena Serica Turbinus
And to my knowledge, that is not allowed by the EULA.

I was the first Ion in EU, so now I have to start a threat that all other Ion's might be possible scammers?
Don't you think that that would be utterly pointless based on only one part of the name being the same?

As in all cases, provide proof first on wrong doings of that person before starting such threads.

Regards,
Ion

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont hold anything against the newb, was not fingered as a scammer. This thread wont stop me in the least from doing business with this newb if I want to.

It is a simple warning its not her :) I would dare say that I would had like to see how this turned out with out the warning but tbh I don't because some older player with his head up his would had probably got scammed and instead of this thread we would have "Serica's a Scammer!"

Do realize that theres pathetic idiots who scam in EU for a living? A LIVING! We must protect each other :yup:

For shame you would speak up and say beware? Naughty ass guide :trout:

Back