New Planets are in Serious Disadventage with Calypso!! MA must make Changes if they are to Survive!!

Infinity01

Stalker
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Space Infinity01 Time
The whole point in having lootable PVP is to....

A.) Force planet partners to gain thier own customers
Menace

I've seen this logic many times over the last one year in various forum threads and post.

But there is a big hole in this concept.....not sure why nobody is picking up on that! (or i've missed it)
With current setup it's very hard for PP to get and maintain new players....

For the most part almost all players starts EU for free......be it in calypso or in any of the new planets..
Players who are starting in claypso either leave soon or get more interested ...started to depo and get addicted...so thats all good.
This situation existed for calypso from the very begining and over time calypso grew...

Now as for the new planets, things are very different... all new players on those planets learn quickly that there is another planet where most players are..... they see it in hof chat....and they see the planet they are in are mostly deserted....
they read in the forum about the plights of the new planets due to the berrier errected by MA in the form of high transportation fee in the past, and lootable space pvp now....so they don't see any enjoyable time in any of the new planets. And i'm sure they have seen, at least in arkadia, how all the people have been leaving

so as a newbie or who has just started...they
can't sell their sweat....
can't go to the other planets..
and they are really not havng fun.... .at least they might percieve that all the funs are in calypso. Infact this feeling of getting less might make things even worse...

so the easiest way for them to join in the fun is to have a new account with calypso, and forget about arkadia , NI or RT..
..and i won't blame them.... if i were in their situation i'd have done the same thing
so with current structures, lootable pvp space or high fee tele, the new planets are in serious disadventage with calypso.... they are infact losing players to Calypso that they are bringing in!!
In the past when calypso (project entropia) was new it didn't have to go throgh such a situation... there was no choice at that time...

This is really a very simple fact..... It's mind boggling to me why MA is putting up such a hurdle to the new planets, and planet partners are accepting it?

The 3D VW, be it gaming or whatever, is evolving and morphing very fast.... if EU can't adapt to this rapidly changing environment then the future won't be that good.

As i've mentioned in another thread.... current MA strategies are not working..... the number of players are decreasing... MA revenues falling... these are hard facts....when ideally these numbers should be increasing!

Personally i think they botched a great opportunity with space...

They are trying hard to get more investors (expanding LA, adding medusa and stuff like that) and not trying to bring in and retain new players in this game.....they are not really trying to increase average.casual players base who would deposit for fun!

None of these strategies are working...So MA really need to look at their strategies...

I guess they need new blood in the development team...........just my 2pec

Last edited:
give MA some time ... They changed tiering when they realised that not many people were using it and straight after the change Tier I components went from tt stuff to over 300% ... An indication that it was THEN working.

Same for space travel. I am in a rather big soc (number wise) and the amount of ppl that have been in space are minimal. Same goes for all ppl on my friend list ... So my guess is, it isn't working the way MA hoped for which is why they have been quite about it. I am sure that in a few months they will tweak it to make it more interesting for people to travel.

I for one wouldn't board a ship where I can get looted. IF I go to another planet I will cycle at least 100k ped and probably take all the loot back to Calypso to join stack to then sell it, no point in trying that now if you have a chance of 10k dollars being looted.

just my 2 pecs

Angel

EU isn't the fastest game available. give it some time, people adapt and hopefully the planetpartners will getthere stuf together and create an environment suitable for the players they bring in. Advertising and a functioning economy will change what you describe. Arkadia was a good bit on the way but then summer hit it. August with new VU's and hopefully some nice events like the crafting event they hosted will make the economy work and people returning.

None of these strategies are working...So MA really need to look at their strategies...

I guess they need new blood in the development team...........just my 2pec

In my opinion that is the problem: They had have a development team for a long time. And those costs, are often passed to us, for very long time too. I think it's time to let go most of the development team, and just leave a good team of managers, administrators and advertisers.

The view that the EU is basically a game, has failed. So I think, that is the cause, because the previous managers have already left. And I think if they do not respect the hierarchies of skills with good rates of return (in function about skills rather deposits) or if they do not give UL items that help us in the future (as similar way, like received the begginers in the first age of the game) ... this virtual universe will not be attractive to people and there is not much to do next.

You are right. There are flaws to the other planets. But they must also do their own advertising and create strategies to attract customers. EU as a simple "game", is too expensive. It is not very attractive to gamers. (Many of them only want to play free of charge or at maximum per 15 dollars/month). Then, EU only will be possible like a virtual universe. In virtual worlds, skills and capabilities are really important. In RL, People expend money in university studies, because they know that skills and capabilities is the only way to win money. But in a "virtual universe" like EU where the "luck" is the only important, newbies come to EU, try their own lucky and after, they will go. Because they saw that is not usefull to have skills, because many people with many skills are complaining here and in other sides.

I think development team is not important now. Actually the economic model is the first thing that they need to rethink.

Last edited:
inserting my two pecs.

Calypso indeed has an advantage above any other planets. This was already so in the past (lets not kid around FPC was next door to MA and share the same lunchroom) but now it is back too MindArk again. Kim posted on EF already some new techniques (engine improvements) for calypso which are more global improvements for the entire universe then only the planet.

Also the 6 million MA should have got for the new programmers vanhised ofc with the SEE break up. So MindArk is struggling to find new renevue from players (my guess why loot is so darn bad , badder then regular)

As for the falling players numbers. it is the summer. It is also low in these times. Wih that in your thought many players are considering of stepping down their activities because of the huge drain (or called it more !!!!) of peds. I myself find myself at a crossroad too. i am not rich and spending 200 bucks a month to play a grind game is way too much for me.

I told myself to wait until the next August update to see what mindArk is improving and also see how the Planet Partners fixed MindArks screw up with their economies .

In all it are interesting times to see

My 1 pec.

As it was said earlier - it is a matter of time. Arkadia has had a great initial launch, despite the fact, that the planet isn't really ready yet. From mining perspective - there is absolutely nothing to do there for miners, who do above 2kped/run, because you end up with kilopeds of useless materials in storage, that won't sell for weeks.

If this latest upcoming Arkadia update delivers on promises, there will be lot of miners and crafters flocking in.
Right now there's just nothing to do there.

I think the new planets are doing ok, as in, they get at least the benefits comparable to their efforts.

EU isn't the fastest game available. give it some time, people adapt and hopefully the planetpartners will getthere stuf together and create an environment suitable for the players they bring in.

with most new system in EU people jump on them and use them to death. Think vehicles and initially fort events but space isn't working out as they needed and now Arkadia are dumping as many requirements on Calypso resources as they possibly can.

Considering space is pvp, where are all these players that the pvp'rs said would join us to take part. They've always made out that making EU pvp orientated would bring people in by the thousand :rolleyes: it's not like MA hasn't told anyone about space.

BANG.... Oooops? Did I just shoot myself in the foot? :scratch2:

just a few words to moderate the OP:

I see often people leaving calypso and coming to RT, almost everydays those times. Also, new players starting to play on RT are almost all staying on RT. lots of them (almost all) are tempted to go see the planet precursor (Calypso) to understand why there are so much players there, see the history of EU, what makes it so different reguarding the number of players, and those who go see what Calypso looks like feels disapointed about their hopes and come back for the rest of their life.

Now, we can always discuss about statistics, how many falls under this scenary, how many falls under this other scenary, etc... I just see this happening.
That's a start, and maybe MA could do something to give PP more chances. Maybe oldest players would have interesting comments to add to the debate, on how were things at the very beginning of PE. I suppose there were a day there was only 10 players in whole EU. How fast did it grow? etc

The debate is opened :)

Instead of throwing pecs here and there give em to me!

I see often people leaving calypso and coming to RT, almost everydays those times. Also, new players starting to play on RT are almost all staying on RT. lots of them (almost all) are tempted to go see the planet precursor (Calypso) to understand why there are so much players there, see the history of EU, what makes it so different reguarding the number of players, and those who go see what Calypso looks like feels disapointed about their hopes and come back for the rest of their life.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Are fairytale books dropping at RT now? Can i trade my Duchev Logs for some?

I am a graduate professor of "Theory Decisional" in college, all schools on the subject tell us that the first step to solving a problem is recognizing that it exists and then describe it at length, including determining the causes of it.

I think that Mindark has failed in this point because it never had a frank exchange of ideas with us. Consult with clients MEANS listen to a representative sample of all levels and exchange information with them. They have all the tools to do so if they dont it's because they do not want it.

The current international economic crisis will surely impact negatively on the U.S., it's time to work together for Entropia Universe. Mindark not have much margin for error in the times to come. If they do not realize that today we will spend more peds in a couple of days that in a year of fees in most online games, if this fact continue I do not see much future for the game.

The PP are surely in the dilemma of continuing to invest or not in a business that seems to have stalled as a result of successive crises and bad decisions, so it has a future with more unknowns than certainties.

They will invest in more advertising and promotion if Mindark start making the right direction in their decisions, not so much to benefit Calypso but the entire universe as a whole.

We are part of the solution, we must be heard.

As long as I have been playing EU I have noticed that MindArk really doesn't seem to want to know what the player base really wants. I have never seen them send out questioner's or come in world and ask people what they think about things currently in game. I have seen from time to time a MindArk official come in game to attempt to build up excitement about a new release or event, but alas, it is true, they really don't pay much attention to the player base. And I think that making space completely lootable pvp was a huge error on their side and will end up costing the Planet Partners much. :wise:

With the stating of my last post, I must admit, I find it funny and great that people now fly around space carrying nothing but 1 common dung.

As long as I have been playing EU I have noticed that MindArk really doesn't seem to want to know what the player base really wants. I have never seen them send out questioner's or come in world and ask people what they think about things currently in game. I have seen from time to time a MindArk official come in game to attempt to build up excitement about a new release or event, but alas, it is true, they really don't pay much attention to the player base. And I think that making space completely lootable pvp was a huge error on their side and will end up costing the Planet Partners much. :wise:

Marco asked us..

to be a bit more clear about my previous post:

People are not so much leaving RT when they create their account on RT, they rather stay. Some calypsians are coming to play on a long term basis. (more and more each day) True that it isn't enough to have a stable economy on RT, so:

- can MA in anyway accelerate the process(es) of colonization on RT and any other PP? What should they do?
- Does some of the first pionners of PE (when there were like 10 players or so) gives their experience to the community to get an idea of how fast the colonizing process can be?

For comments about my posts, fairy tales or whatever, i just reply :topic: is not a thread about me, once again.
Any other interesting comments are very welcome :yup:

Marco asked us..

Marco might have asked something here in the forum. But as for in game I have not seen any MindArk official asking questions. And as I hear it, Marco is no longer involved with EU.

I think MA must make the space more avaible for more players (cheaper). Increase the drops of spaceships and thruster bps so more can afford to travel. With more travel more people will travel from Calypso to the other planet to play and trade. Even if their homeplanet are Calypso i think many would like to visit some of the other planet now and then to get some variation from Calypso, a kind of "Space tourism".

Yes, Calypso have an advandage because of the bigger econonomy. But if other PP create good looking textures, cloth, vehicles and other items, new players on the planet will have the opportunity to sell these items to Calypso players.

On one hand, the only way to promote new planets is to make travelling FREE. Why? Because most players based in Calypso wont even bother to pay even 5ped to rocktopia or next island or arkadia. Simple as that. Maybe for a first time look-see visit but on longterm, the only frequent travellers is to FOMA.

On the other hand, making travel FOC will affect the transporation industry, players that bought spaceships will be junping as their means of earning an honest living is gone.

Been playing this game for almost 10 years now and everytime I find myself saying "WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?" :scratch2:

Note to MindArk. Think before you act. Consider the pros and cons of an implementation. Its a shame that an awesome game is not being managed properly.

And I think that making space completely lootable pvp was a huge error on their side and will end up costing the Planet Partners much. :wise:

totally agree!!!

its funny that ppl dont think about how long it has taken MA to get to the point the are now. but instead ppl just complain about it not being fair for "new" planet partners who just started.
atleast they invested in a game who already had the players so they just needed to make some content to atract players to the planet.

its kinda like saying its not fair that a new player doesnt just loot shadow armor cuz some did in the old days.

im not saying the nothing can be improved but i think its also up to the planet partners to create something to make the player wanna go there.
and dont use the "lootable space" the reason, cuz if ppl just went to the planet and stayed there it wouldnt be a problem. the problem is ppl wanna try the new stuff but still wanne sell there stuff at the planet "calypso" where eco is running instaed of helping to build the eco on a new planet.

all need to help... players need to stay on the planets to get a eco running and planets need to create stuff that ppl wanna spend time on hunting.

RT was a non working planet from the beginning cuz ND send it out to fast (like MA often do).
ARK marketed them selfes on artifacts and that wasnt working (properly still dont).

i know ALOT of ppl left for ARK when it was released and was really disapointed in the lack of items in loot and no artifact mining so they went back to calypso.

you cant send out a half finished product and then blame other when your costumers leave to do other things :wise:

in a year or 2 when things settle and the content is finished things might change and it will be fine but we need to wait it out to see what happens.

Note to MindArk. Think before you act. Consider the pros and cons of an implementation. Its a shame that an awesome game is not being managed properly.

Everyone know how to manage things properly, everyone know what pros and cons, and how to implement something right.

Everyone! Except MA.

How that piece of buggy code and poor management stays more than 10 years?

As part owner of a Vega Class Privateer (Via Dolorosa ship, Starfinder XIX) we would gladly transport both people and goods between planets, but there is one big disadvantage.

We need to have some kind of “booking system” (Travel Agency type of feature) where focus is put on transportation of goods and people. Not putting people on pilot’s friend list or guest list etc, but more like a “boarding list” where people can be added just for a flight (or add goods to be shiped), and not much more.

It’s very troublesome, and time consuming, to gather people onto the ship for the purpose of travel to another planet. First of all, there is no simple way to “book a flight” when there is no facilities for that, more then the “pilot of the ship” has to go down to planet and “shout out transportation services”. Then back up to the ship, and summon the travellers etc. from friend list or added team members.

So, my suggestion is to do a “boarding list” and with “Travel agency” features, similar to when you book your self to an event. Not going into details how it can be worked out, but there has to be better communication between those who offer travels and those who wish to travel. Make that function practical and easy, and I think people (and goods) will travel like mad between planets.

Surely there should be a terminal at the hangar just for this purpose, otherwise whats the point in them? You could set certain times for a flight and allow people to book tickets using the terminal, then do a mass calling for boarding.

Add a second terminal on each ship which controls the one on the planet. You'd need a general use terminal for each planet though but one issue would be that it tells every pirate when you're making a run.

Back