Digital Manager Abduction RT LAs

Status

millstreet2

Old Alpha
Oboy Oboyto
Be cautious when dealing with people very close to planet partners..

I made a trade with Digital Abduction Manager for a Loan about a week ago. (after small trades in previous weeks I was confident with collateral that I would be paid back)

He gave me #2 stall deed on his Land Area as collateral.. Kinda weird since I thought RT only sold a few shops.

A couple days later he asks me to sell this blueprint for him for 40k peds! and not to tell anyone!
Within 12 hours (and yes this is where I made my biggest mistake) He was willing to accept the debt owed + a Gun thats value was roughly 10000 PED total

Now for many who think I may be upset about trade surely its not making me happy, but thats not the reason I am posting. Throughout the whole thing hes been saying stay quite, don't say anything. I want to keep it between you and me.

Well in most cases as a trader my clients wishs I have no reason to go against. But the fact that he apparently is a media partner with RT and always claims he has a partner.. Im left to wonder, how many partners does john jacobs have working for him with all he knows.. How many partners does the media people have? and what kind of information do these people own?

No matter how much you trade, or think you know. Take that extra step to smell out the people who live off easy money in this game. They will prey on your ped card at any oppertunity.

I made a trade with Digital Abduction Manager for a Loan about a week ago. (after small trades in previous weeks I was confident with collateral that I would be paid back)

He gave me #2 stall deed on his Land Area as collateral.. Kinda weird since I thought RT only sold a few shops.

Were these deeds genuine? do you have pics of them? What happened to these deeds? What did you loan for them?

A couple days later he asks me to sell this blueprint for him for 40k peds! and not to tell anyone!
Within 12 hours (and yes this is where I made my biggest mistake) He was willing to accept the debt owed + a Gun thats value was roughly 10000 PED total

That's the low rider mkII bp right? I'm not quite sure what was involved in this trade can you please enlighten?

Now for many who think I may be upset about trade surely its not making me happy, but thats not the reason I am posting. Throughout the whole thing hes been saying stay quite, don't say anything. I want to keep it between you and me.

I think you mean stay quiet?

Well in most cases as a trader my clients wishs I have no reason to go against. But the fact that he apparently is a media partner with RT and always claims he has a partner.. Im left to wonder, how many partners does john jacobs have working for him with all he knows.. How many partners does the media people have? and what kind of information do these people own?

No matter how much you trade, or think you know. Take that extra step to smell out the people who live off easy money in this game. They will prey on your ped card at any oppertunity.

I'd agree with you there I wouldn't trust this avatar either.

To cut a long story short I gave him a chance and once he borrowed some items from me. I was really worried at one time I would never see them again. Luckily I did get my items back but stopped dealing with him alltogether. I wouldn't trust him under no circumstances. Sad thing is he will still be in game but under a different avatar.

Were these deeds genuine? do you have pics of them? What happened to these deeds? What did you loan for them?

That's the low rider mkII bp right? I'm not quite sure what was involved in this trade can you please enlighten?

I think you mean stay quiet?

I'd agree with you there I wouldn't trust this avatar either.

To cut a long story short I gave him a chance and once he borrowed some items from me. I was really worried at one time I would never see them again. Luckily I did get my items back but stopped dealing with him alltogether. I wouldn't trust him under no circumstances. Sad thing is he will still be in game but under a different avatar.

Yes, The deed was I think he said "Dont claim it for any reason or tell anybody" I got that screeny somewhere. I will get to it in a bit.

I certainly won't deal with him again or recommend. The BP is not the issue here or the price paid.

(Yes to the BP and he wanted me to stay quiet)

Its the fact that this avatar is so hiden in his dealings. and with things that have unestablished mark ups just dont let this mistake happen to anyone else! I am a big boy I can handle gains or loss's in ped. Its when a player manipulates the system in some way that it gets on my last nerve. We all deserve a equal playing field END OF STORY.

Digital Abduction Managers timing with this is pretty incredible. I am not a idiot trader nor did I put no thought into it.. I simply couldn't compete with his inside info that his team and him have established =/

tbf I trust all ppl who have a connection with NDS no matter how loose it is about as far as I can throw em. So far I have been proven right with my attitude towards them over and over again. Some of them are quite charismatic actually but don´t be tempted to trust them more over it.

Yes, The deed was I think he said "Dont claim it for any reason or tell anybody" I got that screeny somewhere. I will get to it in a bit.

I certainly won't deal with him again or recommend. The BP is not the issue here or the price paid.

(Yes to the BP and he wanted me to stay quiet)

Its the fact that this avatar is so hiden in his dealings. and with things that have unestablished mark ups just dont let this mistake happen to anyone else! I am a big boy I can handle gains or loss's in ped. Its when a player manipulates the system in some way that it gets on my last nerve. We all deserve a equal playing field END OF STORY.

Digital Abduction Managers timing with this is pretty incredible. I am not a idiot trader nor did I put no thought into it.. I simply couldn't compete with his inside info that his team and him have established =/

I'm still unclear what exactly you loaned and how you were cheated. Maybe it's just me not understanding the details of your story or I think your leaving too many blanks for me to make sense.

This raises intresting questions to how far this thing runs. How many are involved in his team? How and what info they get. Does it go all way to the top to MA maybe they are involved in this too. How do we know some of these shady characters are not MA avatars? Certainly makes you wonder...

I'm still unclear what exactly you loaned and how you were cheated. Maybe it's just me not understanding the details of your story or I think your leaving too many blanks for me to make sense.

This raises intresting questions to how far this thing runs. How many are involved in his team? How and what info they get. Does it go all way to the top to MA maybe they are involved in this too. How do we know some of these shady characters are not MA avatars? Certainly makes you wonder...

1. I loaned him ped for the shop as collateral
2. he came at me to sell bp for him for 40k
3. He tells me to ask 25k
4. He tells me has offer for 20k peds he can hook me up with on sept 12
5. Says he needs the PED today, keeps lowering and raising price
6. Offers me deal for debt + gun of mine for his BP. (roughly 10k ped)
7. Accept it after a couple hours
8. Digital abduction logs
9. New bps listed
10. I asked him if I still could sell this for 20k on sept 12. (gave me a story)
11. I ask him if we can rework deal to a more fair framework he tells me "no chance"
12. I research a bit more of who he is and realize that his "partners" are most likely connected to the planet which he is selling bps from.

Crazy how a few days before a few hit market he aggresively tried to milk me for 25k over and over again

I am the idiot for trading, make no mistake.. But this man is a shady charector, and so are the people providing him information in my opinion.. I cannot believe people with ties like this can actively play and sell merchandise. Boggles the mind really!

1. I loaned him ped for the shop as collateral
2. he came at me to sell bp for him for 40k
3. He tells me to ask 25k
4. He tells me has offer for 20k peds he can hook me up with on sept 12
5. Says he needs the PED today, keeps lowering and raising price
6. Offers me deal for debt + gun of mine for his BP. (roughly 10k ped)
7. Accept it after a couple hours
8. Digital abduction logs
9. New bps listed
10. I asked him if I still could sell this for 20k on sept 12. (gave me a story)
11. I ask him if we can rework deal to a more fair framework he tells me "no chance"
12. I research a bit more of who he is and realize that his "partners" are most likely connected to the planet which he is selling bps from.

Crazy how a few days before a few hit market he aggresively tried to milk me for 25k over and over again

I am the idiot for trading, make no mistake.. But this man is a shady charector, and so are the people providing him information in my opinion.. I cannot believe people with ties like this can actively play and sell merchandise. Boggles the mind really!

Thanks that makes more sense now.

I wouldn't say your the idiot. Something like that can happen to anyone.

Your right doesn't make sense to me one iota how a PP has any associations whatsoever with people like that. Seems like a repeat of the scanners incident.

If ND's looking for somebody to replace Digital, I got different philosophy and ok for this job :yup:

hehehe

millstreet2 I'd suggest make a question for Kim on EF ask mindark section. I'd like to see what they say or plan to do about this.

Seems to me if they don't do anything I'd say MA are involved as well.

If ND's looking for somebody to replace Digital, I got different philosophy and ok for this job :yup:

hehehe

no... actually you don´t. You would just do the same things but in a more sophisticated way. ^^

Seems to me if they don't do anything I'd say MA are involved as well.
I highly doubt they are DIRECTLY involved in the shady NDS business their only impact on it is that they do nothing. However so to say that is a quite huge impact since obviously they would be capable of prohibiting it if necessary by terminating the contract with NDS.
A UL level ONE!!! BP makes the second most powerfull PK amp in our universe... think about it that must be a balancing team closing all the eyes it has to watch the economy.

Its apparent MA has lost control a long time ago.

This isn't the first or last time this issue will arise I promise you that. Seems funny how it always comes from the same PP though, and that its economy has suffered the most.

A respectful team and commited team to the community usually wins over.... When you constantly try to line your pockets with pennies that are comming in your just hurting your own planet..

I actually have visited RT for the first time ever last night. NICE PLACE!! I would really be fine here if I didn't feel the people at the top would push a customer into a moving train to pick a penny up off the ground.

What a bad way to run a "team"

On a side note, if you want to see how things are done well. You guys should check out arkadia. They embody what entropia needs to be, and where we should go. Not the direction of self loathing on your planets small player base =/

Havent been back in game long....

But what proof do you have other than this guy's word (which you don't deem reliable anyway) that this guy is connected with NVD?

When you are as prominent as NVD is in this game, many people claim to be connected with you in some way or other, when they prolly sent you a pm or two that you answer out of politeness only and then all of a sudden they are telling everyone they are your best friend and deal with you daily.

Just curious about that.. because many prominent avatars in game have this same problem... most times it turns out that the avatar in question thinks 2 pms makes them your best friend when really you dont know them or deal with them at all.

Havent been back in game long....

But what proof do you have other than this guy's word (which you don't deem reliable anyway) that this guy is connected with NVD?

When you are as prominent as NVD is in this game, many people claim to be connected with you in some way or other, when they prolly sent you a pm or two that you answer out of politeness only and then all of a sudden they are telling everyone they are your best friend and deal with you daily.

Just curious about that.. because many prominent avatars in game have this same problem... most times it turns out that the avatar in question thinks 2 pms makes them your best friend when really you dont know them or deal with them at all.

He got connected with a LA for advertising the planet.. You think they never talk? Yikes...

Be cautious when dealing with people very close to planet partners..

Hey, you know why you have the #2 deed? Because I have the #1 stall deed in my inventory after a very similar deal.
This is not to say that he did not keep his end of agreement, as the deadline for reimbursing the loan did not pass yet. Time will tell.

Is that the ML45 I sold you a few weeks ago? I saw him using one at the rig.

Hey, you know why you have the #2 deed? Because I have the #1 stall deed in my inventory after a very similar deal.
This is not to say that he did not keep his end of agreement, as the deadline for reimbursing the loan did not pass yet. Time will tell.

Is that the ML45 I sold you a few weeks ago? I saw him using one at the rig.

Wow, did he tell you not to claim it ect like me? or tell anyone? CRAZY how he is in such a hurry to cash out. IS RT GOING UNDER? WTF!

Wow, did he tell you not to claim it ect like me? or tell anyone? CRAZY how he is in such a hurry to cash out. IS RT GOING UNDER? WTF!

more like make as much ped as possible before he makes his new avatar.

My understanding is that Rocktropia Inc. has rented offices in downtown LA, close to the Movie Academy - the one that bestows the Oscar Awards.

Given the area, the monthly rental alone must be 50-60k USD.

Not sure how much revenue RT generates; must be good though since it supports that rent plus salaries.

Wait so u loaned HIM peds? Then he wants you to sell that bp. Then when it didn't sell he asked you for your gun (on top of the debt) for the bp?

Why didn't you just push to give back the bp and get your peds back?

Most likely I'm missing something here lol :cool:

He has been doing quite a lot of dealings claiming to be a partner of ND, there was some press release or interview about it, he has recieved LAs on RockTropia, I think ND mentioned something about him sometime (not sure about that one but at least he has not said that his claim of working with ND is false, which he should/would if it was), etc? :coffee:

Wait so u loaned HIM peds? Then he wants you to sell that bp. Then when it didn't sell he asked you for your gun (on top of the debt) for the bp?

Why didn't you just push to give back the bp and get your peds back?

Most likely I'm missing something here lol :cool:

Yes, I loaned him peds first thing

then some days later he asks me to buy a bp, I tell him I can sell for him but I can't afford...

12 hours or so later hes come down to wanting 10k in peds from me, from his origional great price of 25k!!!

At this pt im already a bit sketchy to him owing me peds and all this so quick needing sales ect and so quiet. It looks like hes just moving around the community doing it to many others.

Im glad I said something when I did to stop the potential for more harm to be done. Sad that we are the only defense.

MA is useless to helping us resolve such shady issues. they rather stay out of it and do nothin, let the scamming and unethical play continue.

Slander

#1, George Ace Skywalker stopped loaning items because Digital told someone George was loaning him items.
No other reason
#2 Oboy Decided to threaten to make a post if Digital did not trade back, as he seen akon's 3000 buyout bp on auction
that he wanted to trade back, then buy the bp off auction for less
#3 A partner is another player in game digital was helping sell the bp. This is the same bp, that has been in other
selling threads, is known and any value associated with it is in the eyes of the beholder
#4 Big surprise, a buyer of 20k would back out once he sees a bp on auction for only 3k.
#5 He took a chance on a new bp, just as many have done before. He even crafted some. Now that there is more he wants to reconsider his trade.

From me : I My self know a bit about Digital and the planet i was born on RT it is a great planet but always have to fly to Caly to sell anything has cost people tons of ped. I love RT and ND is great guy and his team is great also. I have borrowed Digital items worth 1k's ped also, first time i did it i was reluctant cause I know how people can get ripped off but I had done it several times after and he even tiered up my finder for me. I know Digital is trust worthy I'm sure of it He has taut me a lot about things and how to play from day i was born he is a great mentor. And as for the bp i my self think it is worth 30-50k easily cause it is a profitable bp from what i can tell. easily make ped back if smart enough to do so but i not sure many are smart enough to do this they probably not even know what the amp's real value is or the things to make it. put it this way if you pay more than 150 mu for silver shakers you will lose ped 200 mu is pushing the margin right on the edge of no profit actual silver shaker should be 120 mu to 150 mu for any ped at all. because if you buy now 400 mu silver shakers i guarantee you lose.

TheRipper

Last edited:
#1, George Ace Skywalker stopped loaning items because Digital told someone George was loaning him items.
No other reason
#2 Oboy Decided to threaten to make a post if Digital did not trade back, as he seen akon's 3000 buyout bp on auction
that he wanted to trade back, then buy the bp off auction for less
#3 A partner is another player in game digital was helping sell the bp. This is the same bp, that has been in other
selling threads, is known and any value associated with it is in the eyes of the beholder
#4 Big surprise, a buyer of 20k would back out once he sees a bp on auction for only 3k.
#5 He took a chance on a new bp, just as many have done before. He even crafted some. Now that there is more he wants to reconsider his trade.

From me : I My self know a bit about Digital and the planet i was born on RT it is a great planet but always have to fly to Caly to sell anything has cost people tons of ped. I love RT and ND is great guy and his team is great also. I have borrowed Digital items worth 1k's ped also, first time i did it i was reluctant cause I know how people can get ripped off but I had done it several times after and he even tiered up my finder for me. I know Digital is trust worthy I'm sure of it He has taut me a lot about things and how to play from day i was born he is a great mentor. And as for the bp i my self think it is worth 30-50k easily cause it is a profitable bp from what i can tell. easily make ped back if smart enough to do so but i not sure many are smart enough to do this they probably not even know what the amp's real value is or the things to make it. put it this way if you pay more than 150 mu for silver shakers you will lose ped 200 mu is pushing the margin right on the edge of no profit actual silver shaker should be 120 mu to 150 mu for any ped at all. because if you buy now 400 mu silver shakers i gurantee you lose.

Thx digital for your input.

MA is useless to helping us resolve such shady issues. they rather stay out of it and do nothin, let the scamming and unethical play continue.

That's true with normal players but with players associated with PP's they claim they can do something. Since they never have done anything to my knowledge is why I was saying earlier they are also implicit in this. Why have a rule if it's never going to be enforced? How many times must this thing be repeated?

Like you said earlier RT is an amazing place. If only they got their act together it would be so successful. These shady deals do it no favours. Shame really.

If this is for real, we got a huge stink going on!

Still no answers over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...annot-participate-what-level.html#post2570916

but...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...stency-lands-across-platform.html#post2571098
according to Neverdie, as of May:
All lands on rocktropia are currently designated to marketing partners, they have not been sold and cannot be reassigned by the managers of the those areas, the deeds are retained by the rocktropia manager.

How in the heck is this guy trading deeds to an asset on the LA if the LAs are not suppossed to be tradeable and are not suppossed to be deeds he even is holding?!?

Last edited:
ND is great guy

I have seen a lot of evidence of the opposite lately... he used to be nice tho.

Sucks really, I would love to go back to RT to hunt some of the mobs I did enjoy there and check out the new things...

EDIT: I should also point out that all I know about Digital Manager is that he is said to work with ND/NDS, owns LAs on RockTropia, was the first to loot several(!) scanners when they dropped like insane on RT, has been artificially raising sweat (which I could start a political debate about but that's against forum rules), etc... not a good track record in total really.

He has been doing quite a lot of dealings claiming to be a partner of ND, there was some press release or interview about it, he has recieved LAs on RockTropia, I think ND mentioned something about him sometime (not sure about that one but at least he has not said that his claim of working with ND is false, which he should/would if it was), etc? :coffee:

Why would NVD waste his time refuting this guy's claim.. when it's fairly obvious that people believe what they want truth told or not?

This is all hearsay ... and some guy claiming to be connnected to NVD does not mean that he actually is...

How many times you think NVD has had to refute bogus claims? My guess is to the point of not even bothering anymore.. because people only believe what they want to believe no matter what is said or done.

An LA being offered as payment for Planet Advertising is called a Contra Deal, once the deal is made & finalised, there is no reason for you to be dealing with them again unless they have something you want on offer.

If this guy's counter offer was Planet Promotion.. from what I have seen NVD has also been on the recieving end of a bad deal

Wish I was lieing.. sadly im not..

I didn't even think twice about someone so well known and respected being so underhanded.. and that led to my false sense of security...

I tell you what.. just when you get to think you know / trust someone is when they make there moves =/ .. even when they are so closely tied to a PP???

I feel so used by the whole system right now its very depressing. Making mistakes happens.. getting PLAYED by someone so closely affiliated to the product is what kills me =/

I have seen a lot of evidence of the opposite lately... he used to be nice tho.

Sucks really, I would love to go back to RT to hunt some of the mobs I did enjoy there and check out the new things...

EDIT: I should also point out that all I know about Digital Manager is that he is said to work with ND/NDS, owns LAs on RockTropia, was the first to loot several(!) scanners when they dropped like insane on RT, has been artificially raising sweat (which I could start a political debate about but that's against forum rules), etc... not a good track record in total really.

ND is not digital. From the dealings I have had with ND I've had no issues and ND and RT development team have been actually pretty good. Like us shop owners asked for some requests and they did deliver on those. Which I thought was pretty good. How often do MA listen to us? never let alone grant us our wishes.

Would be neat to see a log of where all the ped came from and goes with Digital Abduction Manager over the next few days and weeks. Looks like he is franticly finalizing deals and getting the ped to his partner for withdraw. He'll be long gone before MA blinks at this sadly.

Status
Back