new content as told by ma-official

fluske

Elite
Society
Rangers
dutch fluske
hi,

i read at the other forum a message from kim,and i have not seen it discussed here yet,reason i post it cause i think its terrible news for hunters and maybe if enough people will not like it it wont be implemented
here is message,

Im very happy to share the following information with you that I think will greatly enhance the Entropia Universe experience.

Improvements to creatures and their AI!

The creatures will now be able to alternate between different types of attacks each with their own set parameters and animations/sounds/particles.

The monsters will also have the ability to do AOE attacks that strike all players within a specific radius. These attacks can deal either regular damage or damage based on a percentage of the avatars current HP.

Coming later:

1) Damage over time effects togeather with AOE application of the same.
2) Creatures using mindforce.
3) Creatures using projectiles that can be avoided

the way i read it is,that will do diffrent sort of damages thus resulting in more diffeent armour needed + additional decaycosts
new animations i think at feffs which area pain in the ass to hunt now

the strike attack at all poeple in radar will mean i not only gte decay from the mob im hunting but also from mobs other people are hunting in the vicinity,
damage based on currents avatr hp means having more hp is costing more decay then having low hp thus all my skilling gets punished instead of rewarded

all in all,bottomline....more decay and they are tryig to sell it to us as an improvement

I don't see any benefit in this, I cannot believe that MA has became so hungry for money, maybe they plan to cash out and exterminate this game...who know, very disturbing news

I disagree, that sounds fucking wicked

I think this is a very good thing thats long overdue! Don't you get tired of all mobs acting the same? The same tired AI for everything you hunt? Personally Im happy to see things getting changed up a little! Even if it does end uip costing a couple pec more, for smart mobs its worth it. Id like to see things like atrox and other top tier predators using intelligent behaviour closer to what a real animal would exhibit... Things like cooperative attacks, ambushes, trying to escape instead of just dying, etc... I wanna see Spiders that hunt you and drones that use small unit tactics while they try to capture the cities.....

In the end isn't it supposed to be about bieng entertained? And what could be more entertaining than a fight for your life against a pack of wily and very hungry atrox?

Blackjack :cowboy:

Firstly it wont get more expensive even if the armor cost would go up, because it would do so for all so it would even out and loot would increase accordingly (if MA want more return they simply change the loot algorithm).

Secondly this is awesome news, it really sounds like they are trying to get some variation from the grind fest, i especially look forward to this one.

3) Creatures using projectiles that can be avoided

Thanks for posting the news on PCF =)

Firstly it wont get more expensive even if the armor cost would go up, because it would do so for all so it would even out and loot would increase accordingly (if MA want more return they simply change the loot algorithm).

Secondly this is awesome news, it really sounds like they are trying to get some variation from the grind fest, i especially look forward to this one.

Thanks for posting the news on PCF =)

riiiight and you believe that?

i havn't seen any improvements in loot since i started.. i have seen.. mobs getting regen,higher dmg,more hp,getting faster,hitting faster and loot getting shittier yey for 30% return these last 4 months and profits hunts i can count on my one hand

I think the mob AI additions are fantastic, there are tens of threads on here asking these ad similar. Mobs with mindforce attacks have also been missed a lot since mf was reintroduced.

Hopefully this will not take another year or two to implement.

Seems like a cool update its something new i like the idea of dodge a projectile so we will have to move about when drone fires at us if i read it right and i like how creatures will use mindforce.

Now its just a case of adapting to this new change hope we all can.

And whine again, I starting think it's normal behavior of people.

Let's try to analyse - for what some of that improvements has to be done. For example, proportional damage from mob.

Let's throw away shit like "MA WANTS MORE MONEY". I mean, it's good shit, and MA aware of it, also they aware, if they don't reach some balance in this - they will start lose playerbase (bla-bla-bla-bla, you all get that)

Then for what?

As some know already, in next VU will be new Caly continent - where will be a (censored) huge, (censored) monster, which can be get down by (censored) amount of (censored) players with (censored) power. And that monster have (censored) regen, also he will deal (censored) amounts of damage.

So, imagine - some newb will come along with ubers to down that beast.

In eve-o that stuff was implemented as "signature radius", if you know, you understand. Very smart stuff.

Now newb will have chance.

Sounds like we may get a new mob(or mobs) ..... Intelligent, mind-force using ..... able to attack in different ways, this should be interesting.

....... to the 'Sky Is Falling' guys, new interesting mobs are always needed, the older players get really bored just grinding away at the 'same old' every time they log on. These changes may be aimed at the more experienced players, I'm doubtful existing mobs are gonna get a complete makeover, maybe some changes to the AI side of things that hopefully will change a few annoying existing features.

I think this is a very good thing thats long overdue! Don't you get tired of all mobs acting the same? The same tired AI for everything you hunt? Personally Im happy to see things getting changed up a little! Even if it does end uip costing a couple pec more, for smart mobs its worth it. Id like to see things like atrox and other top tier predators using intelligent behaviour closer to what a real animal would exhibit... Things like cooperative attacks, ambushes, trying to escape instead of just dying, etc... I wanna see Spiders that hunt you and drones that use small unit tactics while they try to capture the cities.....

In the end isn't it supposed to be about bieng entertained? And what could be more entertaining than a fight for your life against a pack of wily and very hungry atrox?

I agree totally on this, after so many years playing and depo alot, this will for sure be a reason to keep on going :yay:

Rapido

riiiight and you believe that?

i havn't seen any improvements in loot since i started.. i have seen.. mobs getting regen,higher dmg,more hp,getting faster,hitting faster and loot getting shittier yey for 30% return these last 4 months and profits hunts i can count on my one hand

Yes i am quite sure that you get return that's relative to how much it costs for yourself to kill a mob and for others to kill it. Also this implementation would be a stupid (and costly) way to increase the costs for us instaid of just lowering the loot.

Another thing to adapt... but very cool thing

this will for sure be a reason to keep on going :yay:

Rapido

THIS is what MA really wants to see happen ..... & we want to see more interesting features :)

The monsters will also have the ability to do AOE attacks that strike all players within a specific radius. These attacks can deal either regular damage or damage based on a percentage of the avatars current HP.

So long sweat circle :yay:

Welcome to entropia, adapting to changes such as these is a basic requirement to be able to happily enjoy this game :)

Also, I hope Noones assuming this will affect every mob and every single mob will be changed to have all of these changes

Sounds awesome! :)

I'm looking forward to this as it sounds awesome. Stop whining fluske, didn't expect you to be the whiner type.

I reserve the right to do a complete reversal of opinion when I see the implementation, but tentatively this sounds quite interesting.

I am actually surprised at the short sighted views expressed in the last few pages since my last post. It really boils down to this choice, do you want a game with all creatures being pretty much the exact same thing except for hp and dmg?

If you, like me, want a game with more diverse gameplay then the features I described will go a long way towards that goal.

Some of you complain about percentage of current hp based damage. We currently intend to use this on a very limited number of creatures such as Hussk.

This is a way for us to provide a monster that is challenging to the uber as well as the mid/high level player. The only other way to really damage ubers to the same extent without percentage based damage would have ensured that any lower level players would have died instantly from the AoE damage alone and thats not something that is desireable.

Hussk will do this 95% of current hp damage attack to everyone within the attack radius and then its up to player to heal as fast as they can before his other attacks begin killing you off.

Some of you also complain that this would only increase decay. Thats a lie and you should not believe it.

Think about it in this way instead, now you will be able to develop tactics on how to best deal with monsters that actually require tactics to kill. This creates an exiting oppurtunity for profit where an avatar could try to develop the best tactic against a mob that drops something with a good markup.

PS: Clarification: Percentage of current HP damage does not deal decay to armor.
This is what KIM just wrote now. So stop whining you babies! Sounds awesome to me.

MA wants smarter mobs and dumber hunters :laugh:

***UNREACHABLE***

"Hussk will do this 95% of current hp damage attack to everyone within the attack radius and then its up to player to heal as fast as they can before his other attacks begin killing you off."

Coming soon...

Circle of Healing
Prayer of Healing
Tranquility
Healing Stream Totems

:laugh:

Last edited:
Ohhhhh I think I see the return of the umbranoid! Guns whips clubs mindforce etc XD

the way i read it is,that will do diffrent sort of damages thus resulting in more diffeent armour needed + additional decaycosts
more decay costs = higher markup on stackable. About time we'll see muscle oil and stuff like that go above 101%. Ores went up in price a long time ago, but hunting never had anything to match that 'balance' in the systems. Maybe this is part of fixing this. People have been calling for better creature ai for years!

Think about it in this way instead, now you will be able to develop tactics on how to best deal with monsters that actually require tactics to kill. This creates an exiting oppurtunity for profit where an avatar could try to develop the best tactic against a mob that drops something with a good markup.
so since many consider use of vtols for ping pong hunting as a 'tactic', does that mean that that blatant exploits like that will be ok in the future?!?

so since many consider use of vtols for ping pong hunting as a 'tactic', does that mean that that blatant exploits like that will be ok in the future?!?
That is a good point actually, because I'm really not sure how he figures that AoE attacks wouldn't result in increased decay, unless that sort of tactic were allowed.

That is a good point actually, because I'm really not sure how he figures that AoE attacks wouldn't result in increased decay, unless that sort of tactic were allowed.
KIM said it would bypass armour all together therefore no decay only damage to your health & damage will be a % of your total hp so any level hunter can try kill X mob rather than it be only an uber mob for example. This is where tactics would come into play.

I am actually surprised at the short sighted views expressed in the last few pages since my last post. It really boils down to this choice, do you want a game with all creatures being pretty much the exact same thing except for hp and dmg?

If you, like me, want a game with more diverse gameplay then the features I described will go a long way towards that goal.

Some of you complain about percentage of current hp based damage. We currently intend to use this on a very limited number of creatures such as Hussk.

This is a way for us to provide a monster that is challenging to the uber as well as the mid/high level player. The only other way to really damage ubers to the same extent without percentage based damage would have ensured that any lower level players would have died instantly from the AoE damage alone and thats not something that is desireable.

Hussk will do this 95% of current hp damage attack to everyone within the attack radius and then its up to player to heal as fast as they can before his other attacks begin killing you off.

Some of you also complain that this would only increase decay. Thats a lie and you should not believe it.

PS: Clarification: Percentage of current HP damage does not deal decay to armor.
This is what KIM just wrote now. So stop whining you babies! Sounds awesome to me.

A mob before hits one attacker. With the coming AOE attack it hits multiple attackers. Isn't that increasing decay? :scratch2:

One < multiple ergo multiple > one, no?

Besides the only lie I see in there is:

a mob that drops something with a good markup.
:evilking:

And translated it will mean: All other mobs just suck, right? :smoke:

...In the end isn't it supposed to be about bieng entertained?

I can't agree more. When we start jumping in with thinking about the decay and being screwed out of more peds, the whole point is lost.

From my perspective, I have started doing the mission on trox and suchlike, and feel that the entertainment value is, to say the least, limited. Puts me off, so I do other stuff. It is boring and totally like punching coins into a machine and pressing a button.

I don't want this from entertainment... I want immersion. For all the faults of this game, improving a player's sense of involvement in a 'real' virtuality is a step forward.

A mob before hits one attacker. With the coming AOE attack it hits multiple attackers. Isn't that increasing decay? :scratch2:

... not if simply splitting the same decay over more than one person?

Back