"The Thing" Destination on ROCKTropia

The new film is a prequel to Carpenters, allegedly its about what happens in the norwegian camp, before the americans get involved. Watching the trailer it does seem to have a lot of similarities with the 82 film, but personally i hope not too many. Carpenters film is a classic and couldnt be beat even with todays tech, it needs to create its own identity and not just rely on cgi dog-into-Thing morph and upside-down-head-spider. Carpenter got the t-shirt on that.

Can't wait to see the film:D

A prequel ... :scratch2: NOW you got me curious ... although I agree with you on the t-shirt :) Let's give The Thing its fair chance given all the positive feedback so far.

Have to log off now, check back later. But what I saw so far I'd say well worth visiting. Feels very different to other planets/locations .. and damn cold! :cool:

Deep mid-winter in the Arctic and STILL there are players running around naked :laugh:

Anyone figure out how to get to Expert Mode yet?

Menace

Anyone figure out how to get to Expert Mode yet?

Menace
finish the kill Thing mission

Ps I think this place is great barring a few bugs, its maybe the way forward for bringing new people into the game.

finish the kill Thing mission

Ps I think this place is great barring a few bugs, its maybe the way forward for bringing new people into the game.

Even a spot for Noobs? :)

Even a spot for Noobs? :)
:laugh: yeah i think its a great place for anyone to go with a few hours to spare and little or no peds, credit where its due to ND on this one i reckon;)

:laugh: yeah i think its a great place for anyone to go with a few hours to spare and little or no peds, credit where its due to ND on this one i reckon;)

I agree :)

SO, know what to do this weekend then :p next thing to do is to get a ride :laugh:

I agree :)

SO, know what to do this weekend then :p next thing to do is to get a ride :laugh:

send me a pm and i will (hmm ace has already been there lol) give you a ride up to rt :)

send me a pm and i will (hmm ace has already been there lol) give you a ride up to rt :)

aww cool :) But I'm on Arkadia :/

OH cool :) Then the Nun gets a ride afterall :laugh:

I'll PM you when I'm able to leave then! You know I'm a space-virgin, right, so go easy on me now :silly2:
OMG you just keep throwing em out there dont you! :laugh:

OH cool :) Then the Nun gets a ride afterall :laugh:

I'll PM you when I'm able to leave then! You know I'm a space-virgin, right, so go easy on me now :silly2:

Tooo many jokes.....brain freeze!!!!!

Rgds

Ace

Reactions: EMW
I hope this partnership with NDS and MA works out well for the movie studio, Having an extra location and publicity with all new big movies launches could be an amazing in-stream of new players.

Like being mentioned, Just an advertisement in the beginning or at the end of the movie for the game could be the best publicity ever!

Well done ND, don't screw the deal up!

Awesome, just found out you can use RT generic armour here also :yay:

Ouch! Just tried a Thing Lvl 74

Even in full Holy armor and 5B's I was taking 100-150 dmg :eyecrazy:

You need special armor???

You need special armor???
Nah not to do the missions, but afterwards you can go hunt the higher level THINGS, which is where armour guns and faps would be needed :)

Where does the expert mission start? The prompt said E of the cave exit, but I ran around for ages and couldn't find anything...

Last edited:
Great Pictures You Guys!

Just looking at the pictures posted, realistic looking place I must say..right down the frost on windows..You can feel the cold ..Brrrr!..Got to give credit where credit is due..They Did a great job on this destination! :D

I recommend you take 5B plating, and when killing the expert THINGS you need a bad ass armor + fap from RockTropia and maybe some 8A plating :)

One THING killed me with 271 normal DMG while I was wearing the arctic armor +5B

I totally love the landscaping and finally some use of the CryEngine effects :)
Missions are sometimes a bit buggy but the storyline is great.
Next to that it's awesome that you can do the whole storyline without paying a single PEC, everythign is catered for!

Flamethrower pictures:

The one I got only lasted for those two mobs, else I would have more pics, sry :laugh:

Flamethrower pictures:

The one I got only lasted for those two mobs, else I would have more pics, sry :laugh:

Yeah the flamethrower rocks, i bought a grunt flamethrower from auction too that does 10 more damage with 20 ped max tt when full, the most fun thing is if u flame someone they stay on fire for some time :laugh:

I am over there now. My observation is that there is "The Thing" movie theather in Harlem which contains missions. And there is a new destination "Arctic".

I haven't been to the Arctic yet, doing missions at "The Thing" theater. I came across one called "Georgie.. Georgie.." which tells you to go to "Muscle Park" the mission tracker shows it on the edge of the map (quite a distance) I went there and nothing except for the end of the map. I assume this is bugged.

Back