I am impressed!

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
after maning up and strapping on a pair of balls to conquer my hate for RT i was offered a free ride from my friend nighhawk to the freezing hell!

and i have to say the feeling of abandonment and despair + the very cheap and fun weapons and vehicles gives i give The Thing a clear thumbs up!

talking objectives, entriguing story and i get to pew pew pew cheaper then ever!
and a cool login screen
should i be so kind i might post pics and guides for the missions later =)

after maning up and strapping on a pair of balls to conquer my hate for RT i was offered a free ride from my friend nighhawk to the freezing hell!

and i have to say the feeling of abandonment and despair + the very cheap and fun weapons and vehicles gives i give The Thing a clear thumbs up!

talking objectives, entriguing story and i get to pew pew pew cheaper then ever!
and a cool login screen
should i be so kind i might post pics and guides for the missions later =)

and if so I might be so inclined to plus rep!! :yup:

ah hell here ya go!! :silly2:

A few downsides:
1) Mission reward clothing is (L), replaces armor and has only 10PEC tt (decay is 2PEC to put on).
2) Some mission parts are very confusing (and I do not mean in the "gotta think" way, that some others are, that I like).
3) Mission at the end is reset if killed, apparently, but it doesn't tell you that. It is also set in a PvP zone where PKers use high end RockTropia gear to slaughter people with the lowend "The Thing" gear, but only RT stuff is useable in this place so...
4) Off-planet vehicles are not useable despite there being on-planet versions of them.
5) Teleporters are shaped as helicopters and nearly impossible to use because you gotta get so close to its center.
6) Flamethrower is recieved from a crate, but trying to equip it you get the "Not useable on this planet" message.
7) The Wolf mob has very different health levels, even if they have the same L.
8) Only FAP useable on the planet is is RT faps and a (L) fap you get via a mission. However, there are no useable faps available from planet TT.

Other than this, it is very well thought through, nicely designed and with loads of great details in an interesting storyline with good NPC interactions and many missions along the way.

A few downsides:
1) Mission reward clothing is (L), replaces armor and has only 10PEC tt (decay is 2PEC to put on).
2) Some mission parts are very confusing (and I do not mean in the "gotta think" way, that some others are, that I like).
3) Mission at the end is reset if killed, apparently, but it doesn't tell you that. It is also set in a PvP zone where PKers use high end RockTropia gear to slaughter people with the lowend "The Thing" gear, but only RT stuff is useable in this place so...
4) Off-planet vehicles are not useable despite there being on-planet versions of them.
5) Teleporters are shaped as helicopters and nearly impossible to use because you gotta get so close to its center.
6) Flamethrower is recieved from a crate, but trying to equip it you get the "Not useable on this planet" message.
7) The Wolf mob has very different health levels, even if they have the same L.
8) Only FAP useable on the planet is is RT faps and a (L) fap you get via a mission. However, there are no useable faps available from planet TT.

Other than this, it is very well thought through, nicely designed and with loads of great details in an interesting storyline with good NPC interactions and many missions along the way.

Sounds cool..But are you saying these are "bugs" maybe? Like flamethrower can't be used?..etc.... All in All storyline is very interesting and exciting. :D

Sounds cool..But are you saying these are "bugs" maybe? Like flamethrower can't be used?..etc.... All in All storyline is very interesting and exciting. :D

it uses heavy blp so might not be.. seeing as only 2 kinds of ammo exist and heavy blp isn't one

yeh credit where credit is due.... The Thing was kinda cool and entertaining to play through. Oh and the chopper as reward is very nice too. ;)

Its not a bug, it can`t be used on Arctic ( the thing planet.. )
Just like all weapons except RT weapons can`t be used there.

On Rocktropia, flamethrower can be used and it looks pretty cool.

This is only 1st episode with 21 mission and 1 bugged, however that bugged mission is only looting ammo for flamethrower. They said it will be more episodes.

The registration officer would not speak to me so i went away from there, as usual when NDS has made some thing it was very buggy, i should have know better than to go there in the first place :(

I dont like the precedence this sets...next thing you know, we'll need complete new kits (armor, weapons, etc) for every planet we visit.

The registration officer would not speak to me so i went away from there, as usual when NDS has made some thing it was very buggy, i should have know better than to go there in the first place :(

You clearly didn't try hard enough, noone else has that problem :p

so how do you get there lol .. missed this :ahh:

Fly to Rocktropia, enter any TP and select 'Arctic' -> off you go :). Make sure you have the planets downloaded before taking off.

Fly to Rocktropia, enter any TP and select 'Arctic' -> off you go :). Make sure you have the planets downloaded before taking off.

:duh: that about sums up how dumb I feel.. but on a side note.. thank you very much!! :yay:

Hehe, no worries, I felt similar when searching that stupid entrance on the space station ;). Good luck on the ice!

Just entered there, no time to explore properly right now but I admit the atmosphere is quite tense. :scared: Good work so far I must say :thumbup:

I dont like the precedence this sets...next thing you know, we'll need complete new kits (armor, weapons, etc) for every planet we visit.

I take it you haven't heard about ancient greece.

Can anyone confirm whether you can tp back from the thing to rocktropia?

And while we are on RT

Can you tp back from hell since the update?

Rgds

Ace

Yup, a fun experience. And as the OP says, the feeling of being deserted, the cold, the light - everything - makes you feel like you are all alone in the worlds despite the fact there are others running around.

The only downside so far is that someone destroyed my 4-wheel drive when I turned my back... :laugh:

Yup, a fun experience. And as the OP says, the feeling of being deserted, the cold, the light - everything - makes you feel like you are all alone in the worlds despite the fact there are others running around.

The only downside so far is that someone destroyed my 4-wheel drive when I turned my back... :laugh:

hehe

I drove mine in to a Boom and BOOM!

some other things i'd like to add

there is also a shootingrange "police station style" and if you jump over the safety line it's pvp, and we also have some 18+ stuff aswell, abandoned reserch facillitys with blood and guts and dissmembered people ish things around!

time to log in and take some screens =)

Its not a bug, it can`t be used on Arctic ( the thing planet.. )
Just like all weapons except RT weapons can`t be used there.

On Rocktropia, flamethrower can be used and it looks pretty cool.

I saw neverdie saying that it IS a bug. So i'm guesing it is :beerchug:

fyi there is also an "oil rig" there that spawns 1-2 barrels of oil

After completing the quests went N and found some high lvl THINGs ... was wondering, what exactly weaps & armor & faps other that tt ones can be used here ? cause it seems a lvl 10 THING is similar to a spider on caly ;) so the local means are ... well, useless (kinda reminds me of AG :eyecrazy: )

Also, did any1 looted anythin else than ammo or glam rocks from the mobs ? :scratch2:

Can anyone confirm whether you can tp back from the thing to rocktropia?

And while we are on RT

Can you tp back from hell since the update?

Rgds

Ace

From RT you can tp to and from The Thing area for free as many times as you want.

The Hell area was same i could tp to and from RT for free as many times as i wanted. I have not been to Hell since update though so cannot confirm if it's still the case.

From RT you can tp to and from The Thing area for free as many times as you want.

The Hell area was same i could tp to and from RT for free as many times as i wanted. I have not been to Hell since update though so cannot confirm if it's still the case.

tp around as much you like

After completing the quests went N and found some high lvl THINGs ... was wondering, what exactly weaps & armor & faps other that tt ones can be used here ? cause it seems a lvl 10 THING is similar to a spider on caly ;) so the local means are ... well, useless (kinda reminds me of AG :eyecrazy: )

Also, did any1 looted anythin else than ammo or glam rocks from the mobs ? :scratch2:

I got a couple of iron stones too.

one flamethrower was looted "grunt flamethrower" and a "whip" in the shaped of a THING arm looks pretty bad ass and sounds cool to

Back