Votes: 162 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falkao

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Marc falkao Falk
This is the 4th time I'm doing this kind of poll.

What are you?
a happy or
a non happy ava.

P.S.: I know that there is no "I'm not sure" category.

Results 2011:
From 340 voters 52% are happy and 48% unhappy. The 95% confidence interval ranges from 47% to 58%. As 50% is inside this interval, we can conclude that half of voters are happy and half unhappy.

Results from previous years:

happy_2006_2010.jpg

2010 results
2009 results
2006 results

Last edited:
First time I voted on one of these, nice info thx.

Well, I have nothing to sulk about, losing couple ks here and there sometimes, as usual, still a withdrawer (i.e. not depositor) :)

Since there's no option for

No, but..

or

Yes, but...

So I chose Yes.

Yes, I'm very happy I get to use this platform as a way to spend time having "fun" with a dear friend who lives thousands of miles away from me, BUT... and that's a big BUT, there are a multitude of things I'm not happy about this game. How its changed for what I consider not the better over the years, the cost to play, the cost of items, the company and people that run it and how they treat their customers, the risk of my "investments" if it all goes tits up, etc. However, the one thing that makes me happy, far outweighs all the other dislikes for me or I would't be here, so I had to choose Yes, but that happiness really has less to do with the game than the company I get to keep while playing the game, she likes to play this game, so here I am.

For sure yes very happy... :yay:

but please one thing... Where is the BEACONS?

Voted "Yes" before the race/class model becomes permanently infused with a bunch of planets, like it is on The Thing.

Next year it will be "No."

Yes: Because I like concept and community
No: Because I tired of this PED festival

Voted NO :ahh:

Hell yeah!

I have never enjoyed of any game as much and as long as EU :)

I believe a good answer is the result of 2010. I am happy a 54% of the time, and in the rest: no.
;)

I believe a good answer is the result of 2010. I am happy a 54% of the time, and in the rest: no.
;)

EXPLANATION:

In my opinion, the experience of playing Entropia Universe, have several levels.

One is inside the game. But there is often possible to lose money, and not always this, results in a happy experience. There is another level of gaming experience that consists of the activities inside of societies. For example, although I am not a web programmer, I have fun doing the website of my society. In these, I can not lose money. When I feel sad inside Entropia Universe, I'll go to my website panel, to add or modify something of my site.

Another level of experience in the game is to participate in the forums. Sharing with the community, to win reputation; to be an active player for community. Unfortunately this type of experience was broken somewhat, when 711 sold the database of EF.

Database that, 711 have not recovered. However, the fools of Mindark, instead of posting their messages and threads on all forums, like in this, or in Entropia Planets; they continue giving support to 711.

I do not think that he deserves a prize. Because, an important part of the experience of playing in the forums were lost with that sale, and it feel a negative behaviour through the abandonment of the database later.

Sometimes Mindark is nothing intelligent to try to increase the happiness of the game experience, because even outside the game, customers can be happy. For example, time before, Mindark had a section on its own website to put links or announces from web sites of societies, Now, I think that not exists anymore. Or if exist, is only for personal friends of them.

That's the reason because I thought that with a new CEO could have some improvement in the happiness that someone can have in the experience of Entropia Universe as a whole. But now with Timkrats again, I think everything will be in the status quo, and the results of these statistics (Are you happy EU participant, or not?) will continue to be 50-50 for a long time. Thats remembers me how happy can i be, when I must to pay my taxes for the betterment of my country. However, maybe we should have something better than that. Do not you think? .- :scratch2: and What do you think Falkao??

Last edited:
Yes, I am happy!

Of course, it could be even better (like everything), but I have hopes that it will be :)

answerd Yes

happy with the game, what i win and lose is my fault so i wear it.

But i would love to see MA move their arses much faster on things.

I'm happy at times, but then again, if I wasn't happy, I wouldn't be here.

Said NO.

Main reason is the cost to play is getting out of control. Never seen so many no looters and NRF.

However, I do like some of the additions they have made over the years such as vehicles.

-Bemo-

I voted NO.
I enjoy the game verry much, but if someone like Blizzard make RCE game (not like diablo, but as Entropea) I will be more than happy to join a game where "custumer satisfaction" means something.

ofc yes, i deposit i play i have fun =) still no matter what game to play they can always be improved. :yay:

I voted NO.
I enjoy the game verry much, but if someone like Blizzard make RCE game (not like diablo, but as Entropea) I will be more than happy to join a game where "custumer satisfaction" means something.

Custumer satisfaction is easily given in a game when balance can be thrown out every yearly expansion. you complain to blizzard say 200k gold of yours is missing or your account was hacked. they shrug there shoulders and after looking into it for 5 mins go ah wth and give it to you.
If MA did this was 200k peds, they are giving away 20k USD..... we will not have much of a game left.

or Imagine the uproar if uber items started dropping all the time or they bring out ALOT of weapons with higher DPS less decay. you pay 16k USD for a Mod merc etc then in a year its worth no more then the TT on it.

Be a very quick way to kill the economy, and cosumer confidence.

:) my 2 pec

I voted yes I am happy things will come over time and I am really hanging for beacons again but if they take a few months to come so be it would prefer it to be fun and balanced.

Regards Inno

why shouldnt we all be happy?

one must differ what bad choices we make ourselves from the plattform that MA provides.

im not blaming MA for my losses , i blame myself and try to change accordingly to make a change.

its free to participate in Entropia Universe , having peds make interaction with the plattform alot easier and more fun ofc , but its choices we make ourselves that creates our experience.

Did yes as I hunt at a low level - but still cost is still quite high.

Would be no if hunted higher up food chain

voted yes, we have more and more the opportunity to bring our contribution in future developments. That should make EU a game very hard to be beaten by other games at the end.
Idk all games but EU is already, at least, one of the most complex and evolved concept, this should refrain people from beeing bored playing after some times of gameplay.

No, because I'm bored, nothing excites me any more, nothing tempts me any more - it's just.... tiresome and at times tedious.

I guess I need to take a long break, see how I feel then.

For sure yes very happy... :yay:

but please one thing... Where is the BEACONS?

And Make Up and Mentoring and Taming:scratch2: More as 2 years without my Make Up buiz !

So i can't say yes!

as i started play in 2004
i cant say YES im happy whit atm state of game

well I said ...............No

there are several reasons.
Do I enjoy playiing EU....yes
But, I'm concerned about the current state of affairs with EU and IT's future!

Looks like the management is in disarray......they are uncertain as to what direction they should take.... and even more importantly the way they are implementing their plans, especially when it comes to breaking out of it's current stagnant state... and future exapansion (i mean player base).

I"m really uncertain about EUs' future.....and that's why over all I'm not Happy.

No, because I'm bored, nothing excites me any more, nothing tempts me any more - it's just.... tiresome and at times tedious.

I guess I need to take a long break, see how I feel then.

Hi, have you been to the Arctic?.... if not go there and have some fun.... I"m sure you'd enjoy it:)

Here is the link about the arctic missions

Last edited:
well I said ...............No

there are several reasons.
Do I enjoy playiing EU....yes
But, I'm concerned about the current state of affairs with EU and IT's future!

Looks like the management is in disarray......they are uncertain as to what direction they should take.... and even more importantly the way they are implementing their plans, especially when it comes to breaking out of it's current stagnant state... and future exapansion (i mean player base).

I"m really uncertain about EUs' future.....and that's why over all I'm not Happy.

Hi, have you been to the Arctic?.... if not go there and have some fun.... I"m sure you'd enjoy it:)

Here is the link about the arctic missions

agreeing heavily with this statement

I voted yes

Overall, I'd have to say I am happy with EU. TBH, if I were unhappy, then why the hell would I continue to play? Enough unhappiness irl to go around.

That being said, do I appreciate all aspects of the game? No. In fact, there are quite a few things that, over the years, has caused me to be a bit disappointed.

Heck, I was disappointed when the fix for SI management on motherships and privateers wasn't implemented. (they stated "next VU" and the next VU came and went.. all we got was a fix for a flamethrower...) Did I express my disappointment to my soc m8s and other friends? Yeah, ofc. It's human nature to complain.

Did I let this cause me to become disillusioned with the game? No. I used the time to work on skilling my vehicle structural engineering. (BTW... it IS possible for one person to hunt from a privateer with no other crew :silly2: )

If you are unhappy with something in game, try something different. If you have tried every single thing that EU has to offer, either you play way, WAY more than most ppl I know, or you haven't looked about to see what it is you havent tried. Instead, lets all bitch about loot, bitch about avatars stealing loot (PvP), bitch about avatars getting better loot, and, did I happen to mention, bitch about loot?

If you voted no, I suggest you either rethink why you are a participant, or if you REALLY participate, beyond doing those main professions where you "might hit the big one".

Split decision for me but I will say yes. Lots of things I am happy with and a number of things I'm not.

Cost to play is not very encouraging these days. That isn't my biggest issue though, the skill nerf is what really killed it for me. Combined with that anyone with UL weapons that didn't achieve a good enough prof standing before the nerf is basically stuck using L weapons. There is no point in using UL as the markup on most of the L weapons is way more efficient than using your UL weapon until you are maybe level 80+.

They could at least make UL weapons somewhat for viable to use, at the very least no SIB bonus but atleast an attainable level which you can max the weapons. Reserve level 80-90+ for weapons like imk2 and mod merc.

I voted yes, i'am happy rl and in eu.

Correct me if i'am wrong here ;)

Greetz,

Last edited:
I voted yes, but not totally happy overall I would say 70% yes and rest no

About the UL weapons, I strongly agree

Let's say I am a player that want to have fun and decide to buy me a 10k peds weapons, well besides those 10k I also have to spend another 10K peds on skill so I would be able to shoot that gun

If I were MA, I would make, let's say, weapons until 40 dmg/sec maxxed at 50 levels, and the rest at 80 or something like that

Wanted to buy a weapon the other days, but after some math, I decided not, but what if I did bought that weapon...well I would have spent more peds on hunting, not a bad thing for MA I think

But what do I know?....

Wait !

I read "are you a happy EU participant?".

So basicly its this: Are you happy as a person that plays EU?

There is nothing where he ask's specific about the game.

I voted yes, i'am happy rl and in eu.

Correct me if i'am wrong here ;)

Yes, you are correct! As long as you admit that you love to be an old fashioned pholosopher, who loves to delve into the semantics only!

Back