Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

Motherships is different story, it's ingame items,
This, exactly. The deeds are just ingame items too. That's what people fail to see when they ask for guarantees and legal support.

Oh, MA acting very, very professional and most effective.
That's what I keep thinking myself :yup:. People may not like some of their moves but it's hard to deny their efficiency in terms of squeezing out the profit, starting from the decimals rounding and to good timing of events. What I personally like about that is as long as MA still able to invent new ways to make money, I may not fear for the future of my favorite game ;)

Well after talking this over with family tonight,
I have come to the conclusion that it is not a bad investment after all.

However there should be no rush to buy up the 500 units at once, instead a better way to go about it would be to gradually acquire them over the next 3 - 5 years as the game further develops and a clearer direction to MAs thinking and doing unfolds.

This way a line of credit will not be needed on the house to purchase them, instead I will get them from my RL income.

For now, back to playing for fun :)

Not necessarily. It has been promised that those with more deeds will have a bigger voting power, not that it will scale linearily with number of deeds, or that a simple majority will be enough.

Quit making assumption already about what the political system will look like.

1st: I was just kidding
2nd: Don't tell me what I can or cannot do
3rd: Lighten up!

Reactions: sbi
Can those not buying deeds get to join the wastelanders and raid the deed holders from time to time?
Nah, those who will not possess at least 1 deed by the 2013 will be loaded onto the motherships and dumped on one of the two Calypso's moons where they'll be doomed to sweat Cosmic Horrors to the end of time :silly2:

Reactions: Ido
If I don't have a deed, am I an illegal alien? Will non-citizens have to obtain a Visa in order to stay on Calypso? Noobs would get a student Visa, some could qualify for a work Visa, but I imagine the most of us will just be illegal poachers on the run from the law. Maybe illegals will lootable where-ever we are on planet and will be hunted down by citizens. Nowhere will be safe for the illegals, it will be pvp for them everywhere except on the other planets which have not yet implemented the citizen deeds. Citizen homesteaders will be able to hire illegals to pick their crops or protect their mob herds at very low rates.

So buy a citizen deed now before your just another homeless illegal alien...

Well after talking this over with family tonight,
I have come to the conclusion that it is not a bad investment after all.

However there should be no rush to buy up the 500 units at once, instead a better way to go about it would be to gradually acquire them over the next 3 - 5 years as the game further develops and a clearer direction to MAs thinking and doing unfolds.

This way a line of credit will not be needed on the house to purchase them, instead I will get them from my RL income.

For now, back to playing for fun :)

Much better decision :)

BAAAHHHH i need peds i dont want to be hunted down i mean my proffesion is a hunter i need a deed....... i dont want to be hunted :cry:

If I don't have a deed, am I an illegal alien? Will non-citizens have to obtain a Visa in order to stay on Calypso? Noobs would get a student Visa, some could qualify for a work Visa, but I imagine the most of us will just be illegal poachers on the run from the law. Maybe illegals will lootable where-ever we are on planet and will be hunted down by citizens. Nowhere will be safe for the illegals, it will be pvp for them everywhere except on the other planets which have not yet implemented the citizen deeds. Citizen homesteaders will be able to hire illegals to pick their crops or protect their mob herds at very low rates.

So buy a citizen deed now before your just another homeless illegal alien...

My passport IRL

Details

Whole Europe (if not whole world) is laughing about it. Most people still can't get it - how it can possible - born in a country, and became Alien? (smile.jpg)

Reality beats fiction by far™

Guess there were no citizens all those years ago?...

I remember something from starship troopers - there is a difference between civilians (colonists in EU?) and citizens. One only lives there, but the other one participates and has a duty.

im left to wonder if citizens of calypso (and the other planets when they come online with deed systems) will be recieving extra gifts around the holidays or yearly for "calypso" day ect. Would be a trick MA would have up there sleave to drive demand.

MA wants the calypso sale to be the new "SHOW ME"

They are on a advertising kick

my fl has never been so big the past months.

talked to multiple people now whose come back from not playing to invest, or whose withdraw turned into a investment... The difference a day can make?

Arkadia is a great planet, Cyrene has us all drooling.

Mentoring is back

Is this the start of the great period we have been waiting too long for?

I'd say all things are pointing up. :yay:

Nice move for cashraising and way cheaper than going to the real stockmarket. And since devolopment of the system will _START_ in 2012 (and probably not be finished before 2013) and development of the land grab will _START_ in 2013 (and probably implemented in 2014), it is really nothing one should be in a hurry now. And MA has two years to play around with the money :D
I wonder how on will be able to find a free slot, when say 59900 have been already taken :D

With a TT value of 0PEDS I rather wait till the prices drop. Without tha system being implemented one does not even know what value such a share has.

Anyone know, what polls will be? (smile.jpg)

Do you want loot mostly of:

[ ] Ammo
[ ] Oils
[ ] I don't want loot!

Do you want more kinds of DNA? Do you want new mobs to hunt? Would you like mining resources that are only found deeper than 1000m? Do you want more missions?

But no, these do actually matter somewhat, even if they should not even ask. They fulfill their obligations on paper as long as they run a poll once a year on what colour we want to paint the buildings in PA. Or any other trivel.

And we should get these details before the deeds go on sale, not afterwards.

I remember something from starship troopers - there is a difference between civilians (colonists in EU?) and citizens. One only lives there, but the other one participates and has a duty.
In the universe of Starship Troopers you have to complete two years of millitary service in order to receive citizenship - isn't it what we do daily, and many for the 3-4 times longer period? I believe the veterans of the robot wars should be entitled to at least 1 free deed :cool:

With a TT value of 0PEDS I rather wait till the prices drop. Without tha system being implemented one does not even know what value such a share has.

They state the ROI which is how we come to the conclusion of the price. Your ROI is about 30% in terms of the past performance.

Than you have voting rights, and potential land development later, these will drive a premium after the initial demand is analyzed by the bigger investors waiting to get in.

If your seeing things are getting better than the ROI will more then likely increase. If things get worse the ROI will decrease. But really. Do you think MA wants a low ROI for the start of something so new? If they fail it will be a lot worse than most want to come to realize. For them to blow us away, and have another WOW seems a much more likely scenario.

And by the fact a lot of people still dont believe. I feel this could run a long way.. Its if everyone here saw only roses that I would be worried. Remember if everyone is excited and this is the only demand we got, I'd be running for the hills.

Since all I see is people flocking to the shares... I feel demands going to far outpace supply in short order. Leaving those with investments really excited, making a new wave of players and starting the push toward greatness again.

You must not play more than a couple hours a month if you think 25 ped will cover most, if not all of your gameplay costs.

Of course I can. I've never been on this game to get rich. I mainly hunt and I usually hunt small-intermediate mobs. My "ultimate" goal on this game is to build my character. If I happen to hit a big loot, then so be it. I usually play, on average, about 5 hours/week (20 hours/month)....give or take a few hours. And I can stretch 25 PED's a LONG, LONG, LONG way as a hunter. Because my only real expenses are ammo & repair damaged equipment. While sometimes I run into a REALLY dry hunting run, they usually don't last for long. I don't make a ton of PED's doing what I do, but over the long run it's been a successful formula for me and not really have to dump much (if any) of my own money into the game.

I bought my one share to at least get a little bit in on the action. I can ultimately afford depositing $100/month into the game and I'll likely try to accumulate more as I deposit. I'm too conservative to mortgage my house or something like that to buy 500 shares. But if I do it progressively (and over a long enough timeframe), I can probably have 500 shares. Because I imagine MA isn't going to stop with issuing shares on Calypso.

Last edited:
Much better decision :)

Yes I think so too, I am still wanting to get the 500 total units, don't get me wrong, but slow and steady investments always are best ... I almost got into the hype of it all and lost myself ... again.

5 years is not that long a time and will go rather quickly.

So thanks to all those who I had a chat with and those who gave advise in PM, reps and posts :)

I do appreciate it.

Cheers,
Viper

You must not play more than a couple hours a month if you think 25 ped will cover most, if not all of your gameplay costs.

Of course I can. I've never been on this game to get rich. I mainly hunt and I usually hunt small-intermediate mobs. My "ultimate" goal on this game is to build my character. If I happen to hit a big loot, then so be it. I usually play, on average, about 5 hours/week (20 hours/month)....give or take a few hours. And I can stretch 25 PED's a LONG, LONG, LONG way as a hunter. Because my only real expenses are ammo & repair damaged equipment. While sometimes I run into a REALLY dry hunting run, they usually don't last for long. I don't make a ton of PED's doing what I do, but over the long run it's been a successful formula for me and not really have to dump much (if any) of my own money into the game.

I bought my one share to at least get a little bit in on the action. I can ultimately afford depositing $100/month into the game and I'll likely try to accumulate more as I deposit. I'm too conservative to mortgage my house or something like that to buy 500 shares. But if I do it progressively (and over a long enough timeframe), I can probably have 500 shares. Because I imagine MA isn't going to stop with issuing shares on Calypso.

James made an interesting statement today near auction.

That if 30k of 60k are sold that you will still get your 1/60k share, not a 1/30 share..

So if they will not allow extra % one way, I'd think its highly unethical, if not ilegal to then issue more shares and then take away from the value of current holders. UNLESS the shares sold had that ped go directly to the 60k people holding the revenue receipts....

We definately need answer on release of future calypso shares. I imagine this may be some of the info we recieve on the official announcement.

James made an interesting statement today near auction.

That if 30k of 60k are sold that you will still get your 1/60k share, not a 1/30 share..

So if they will not allow extra % one way, I'd think its highly unethical, if not ilegal to then issue more shares and then take away from the value of current holders. UNLESS the shares sold had that ped go directly to the 60k people holding the revenue receipts....

We definately need answer on release of future calypso shares. I imagine this may be some of the info we recieve on the official announcement.

I do not think additional shares can be released once the initial shares are released of a set value ...

All that can be done is to have those initial shares divided ;)

eg. 60k shares (6mil worth) becomes 120k shares (6 mil worth) of half unit values to the current shareholders and can be redistributed by the shareholders as per their own desires to onsell them or whatever over time.

But sure, some clarification from MA (since it is MA we are talking about after all) would be good :)

2. Will MindArk guarantee that these shares will not be diluted in any way in the future, for example by issuing 60,000 more shares next year?

Daily bump. I don't know why anyone would buy a share until there is an answer to this. Obviously more shares issued representing the same thing would reduce the value of the shares. I would not assume.

My new year resolution - read this thread from begining to the last post. :eyecrazy:

I do not think additional shares can be released once the initial shares are released of a set value ...

All that can be done is to have those initial shares divided ;)

eg. 60k shares (6mil worth) becomes 120k shares (6 mil worth) of half unit values to the current shareholders and can be redistributed by the shareholders as per their own desires to onsell them or whatever over time.

But sure, some clarification from MA (since it is MA we are talking about after all) would be good :)

Dont always talk about shares, its a deed you get and that deed is for a specified amount of land you own a right on.
With every further piece of land added to the mass of calypso mindark has all rights they need to add more deeds with similar stats.

Dont always talk about shares, its a deed you get and that deed is for a specified amount of land you own a right on.
With every further piece of land added to the mass of calypso mindark has all rights they need to add more deeds with similar stats.

You might be right there John,

Clarification is definitely needed in that case.

MA in the past have always been ... um sly ... (sorry MA for beign blunt) with such things in the past.

The reason I was calling them shares is that the deed is actually a two part item, yes a land deed but also something your paid company dividends on - So a share also ;)

MA have already confirmed that each deed entitles to 1/60,000 of 25% of the Revenue of Calypso, and therefore your concern if new land is added to Calypso is unfounded.

The sole risk now is how the Revenue is calculated and will vary (also bearing in mind that MA own both sides of the PP contract, and for that matter, Space, which is outside Calypso).

MA have already confirmed that each deed entitles to 1/60,000 of 25% of the Revenue of Calypso,

Hang about .... I have missed this, search isn't my friend atm.

Profit sharing model is MA 50% & PP 50%.

Are you saying we only get a 50% share of the 50% PP part of the revenue ? (1/60k of 25% NET)

I thought we were investing 6 mil which is the entire 50% PP part, not 50% of the PP part. (so 1/60k of 50% of NET)

So we would receive dividends totalling NET revenue of PP (Once marketing, development, staff costs have been deducted)

If this is not the case, how did Calypso suddenly become worth 12 Mil when it was valued at 6Mil prior ? Who came up with 12Mil figure and what is it based on ? I thought 6 Mil was already a whee bit over the top as it was.

Hang about .... I have missed this, search isn't my friend atm.

Profit sharing model is MA 50% & PP 50%.

Are you saying we only get a 50% share of the 50% PP part of the revenue ? (1/60k of 25% NET)

I thought we were investing 6 mil which is the entire 50% PP part, not 50% of the PP part. (so 1/60k of 50% of NET)

So we would receive dividends totalling NET revenue of PP (Once marketing, development, staff costs have been deducted)

If this is not the case, how did Calypso suddenly become worth 12 Mil when it was valued at 6Mil prior ? Who came up with 12Mil figure and what is it based on ? I thoguht 6 Mil was already a whee bit over the top as it was.

Here is the info:
The Planet Partner Revenue paid to Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) will be divided equally: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders and the remaining 50% to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

Here is the info:

Oh wow ok.... steps back a moment to reconsider things.

Thanks Nighthawk ;) Must spread more rep, before repping NH again lol

So 50% of the GROSS PP portion, not NET like I was thinking.

Ok, hmmm, hmmm and again hmmm.

It would probably be still worth it, depends how much the development, marketing (which is piss poor at this time) and ongoing costs are roughly running at per year.

Can someone from MA/here do a breakdown please - Reading financial reports from MA is well, not the easiest.

Last edited:
Viperstrike - see pages 35 - 37 of this thread.

so, here we have our answer... 50% of gross revenue goes to MA, and 50% goes to PP. from that 50% that goes to PP, half of it goes to shareholders, and half to cover PP expenses.

so, 25% of gross revenue goes to shareholders.

at least the good thing is that it will always be positive, even if the net profit of the PP is negative :p

Yep this is a good point !

But are the operating costs, development and this ... marketing .... which I hope radically increases worth half the PP revenue ?

I need figures, and some assurance that marketing is going to be the remainder of the revenue (and spent properly) - ingame treasures, roadshows, computer shows around the world. (ie. Not just some internet marketing company doing very little at this time, a bit of face to face, meet and greet style interaction is more needed to get bums on seats)

Back