Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

All decay+ fees divided by 0 on any other Planet by non Calypso Avatars. (MA perhaps gets a default cut(unless they consider the purchase of planet the alternative to fees), but CLD do not)
Devided by 0? Does not compute! ;)

My understanding of payout is:

All decay+fees divided by 2 on Calypso for Calypso born Avatars. (MA 50%, CLD/players 50%)
All decay+fees divided by 4 on Calypso for Immigrants (non Calypso born avatars) (MA 25%, CLD 25%, PP origin 50%)

All decay+ fees divided by 4 on Any other planet by Calypso born Avatars. (MA 25%, CLD 25%, PP 50%)
All decay+ fees divided by 0 on any other Planet by non Calypso Avatars. (MA perhaps gets a default cut(unless they consider the purchase of planet the alternative to fees), but CLD do not)

No, I think for Calypso born Avatars it 50 % to MA, 25% to the planet partner (who is owned by MA) and 25 % to the CLD owners. How it's the distribution is done for non-Calypso players on Calypso, and Calpso players on other planets i'm not sure of.

No, I think for Calypso born Avatars it 50 % to MA, 25% to the planet partner (who is owned by MA) and 25 % to the CLD owners. How it's the distribution is done for non-Calypso players on Calypso, and Calpso players on other planets i'm not sure of.

I was thinking the 6 million paid into cld, bought the PP share of Calypso ( the old SEE or whatever PP share).
Essentially CLD owners are the PP, and why they thought about voting to come with it, was my understanding.

But it very well could be that split. Sure would be nice if we had a clear definition. :)

From entropiaforum:

Bjorn|MindArk said:
mastermesh said:
Bjorn|MindArk said:
The Planet Partner Revenue paid to Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) will be divided equally: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders and the remaining 50% to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.
To clarify, does this mean that of the 100% fees collected, 50% goes to Mindark, 25% to the Deed Holders, and 25% for Mindark to cover ongoing development (Kim's development Team I'm guessing)?
Correct.

As for the distribution of income from activity of one planet's people on other planets, it wasn't ever stated anywhere and, afaik, Kim refused to discuss it in one of the interviews.

I was thinking the 6 million paid into cld, bought the PP share of Calypso ( the old SEE or whatever PP share).
Essentially CLD owners are the PP, and why they thought about voting to come with it, was my understanding.

But it very well could be that split. Sure would be nice if we had a clear definition. :)

The definition is.

you dont own anything.

your avatar is by holding CLD´s in inventory entitled to part of the revenue stream generated ingame, a stream that normally would have gone to MA and PP´s.

Each monday that revenue is paid out to your avatar.

You are not a PP, you dont own anything, you are entitled to playing with your avatar because Mindark lets you.

If you want, you can initiate a withdrawal request, asking Mindark to convert peds your avatar have on ped card, into real life money, they DONT HAVE TO, but they do it because they have said they will, after 3 months.

I have no clue why people think they are Planet partners etc etc, the CLD system in a ingame function, thus not real.

From entropiaforum:

As for the distribution of income from activity of one planet's people on other planets, it wasn't ever stated anywhere and, afaik, Kim refused to discuss it in one of the interviews.

I seem to recall that when a Calypsonian hunts on another planet:

MA gets 50%
The other planet gets 15%
Calypso (the birth planet) gets 35%

- That 35% would then be split into 17.5% for AR Universe AB (Calypso developers), and 17.5% for CLDs

Likewise, when an Avatar born on another planet hunts on Calypso, the 15% is split. (meaning 7.5% for CLDs)

I deeply apologize, as I am unable to provide a source. I searched, yet was unable to find the reference.

All decay+fees divided by 2 on Calypso for Calypso born Avatars. (MA 50%, CLD/players 50%)
All decay+fees divided by 4 on Calypso for Immigrants (non Calypso born avatars) (MA 25%, CLD 25%, PP origin 50%)

All decay+ fees divided by 4 on Any other planet by Calypso born Avatars. (MA 25%, CLD 25%, PP 50%)

I don't think that can be right. Firstly I think MA gets 50% regardless of where it is (unless space in which case 100%). Secondly, CLDs were only equivalent to half a planet sale so whenever CLD gets something, PP Calypso must get something too.

So I'd guess:

Calypso for Calypso-born: MA 50%, CLD 25%, Calypso 25%
Calypso for Immigrants: MA 50%, CLD 8.33%, Calypso 8.33%, PP origin 33.33%
Other planet by Calypso-born: MA 50%, CLD 16.66%, Calypso 16.66%, PP 16.66%
Other planet by non-Calypso-born: MA 50%, PP 16.66%, PP-Origin 33.33% (PP may equal PP-Origin)
Space: MA 100%

I'm going by tbarmike's comment above though. It seems to me that is crazy unfair on the PP that the activity is on, especially in the long-run if the player essentially has pretty much permanently chosen the new planet over Calypso (and may hence not still be playing if it was still just Calypso). So if tbarmike has it the wrong way round it'd be more like:

Calypso for Calypso-born: MA 50%, CLD 25%, Calypso 25%
Calypso for Immigrants: MA 50%, CLD 16.66%, Calypso 16.66%, PP origin 16.66%
Other planet by Calypso-born: MA 50%, CLD 8.33%, Calypso 8.33%, PP 33.33%
Other planet by non-Calypso-born: MA 50%, PP 33.33%, PP-Origin 16.66% (PP may equal PP-Origin)
Space: MA 100%

Eitherways, it'd be nice to know for sure. Are we all just being lazy, or has MA never published the info?

Eitherways, it'd be nice to know for sure. Are we all just being lazy, or has MA never published the info?

The only thing I can remember right now is the MOON sell

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/announcements/moon/

"Revenue generated through participant activity will be shared with the Moon Manager as follows:

Activity on the moon estate by participants recruited by Moon Manager: 35%
Activity on the moon estate by all other participants: 10%
Activity elsewhere within Entropia Universe by participants recruited by the Moon Manager: 25"

Probably some similar numbers for the PP. The Moon manger only gets 35% instead of 50 % for PP for players recruited by the owner that is playing on the moon. Thats a 15 % unit difference, maybe it's the same difference on the other numbers, so it looks like something like 50 %/25%/40% for PP.

EDIT: No, that is not possible I realized, because the total PP share are 50 % so it probaly 50%/15%/35% as Tbarmike said.

Last edited:
The only thing I can remember right now is the MOON sell

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/announcements/moon/

"Revenue generated through participant activity will be shared with the Moon Manager as follows:

Activity on the moon estate by participants recruited by Moon Manager: 35%
Activity on the moon estate by all other participants: 10%
Activity elsewhere within Entropia Universe by participants recruited by the Moon Manager: 25"

I imagine the Moon Manager gets less than a PP; a PP has more responsibilities. But the splits between the different types of activities might be in a similar ratio.

I'm going by tbarmike's comment above though. It seems to me that is crazy unfair on the PP that the activity is on, especially in the long-run if the player essentially has pretty much permanently chosen the new planet over Calypso (and may hence not still be playing if it was still just Calypso).

it may seem unfair, but the alternative is that you give away substantial revenue to a third party for all those players brought in over the past decade. (recall Planet calypso is owned by MA). in the long term, if a planet partner spends to attract new players they benefit from that regardless of where "their" players go within the universe.

it may seem unfair, but the alternative is that you give away substantial revenue to a third party for all those players brought in over the past decade. (recall Planet calypso is owned by MA). in the long term, if a planet partner spends to attract new players they benefit from that regardless of where "their" players go within the universe.

Yes, and for sure for PPs to be successful from a platform point of view they need to bring in players. So I see that point. But they also need to be able to retain those players. I kinda think the fairest solution would be for players 'nationalities' to evolve over time based on where the spend their time. If someone gets bored of Calypso, stops playing, and then gets excited about a new planet and comes back, are Calypso really deserving of the bigger share of revenue from them?

As it stands, you could theoretically be quite successful just by creating a planet consisting of a small rock in the sea with a big sign pointing to the sky saying "Calypso ->", handing out free spaceships and fuel, and doing loads of marketing. You can argue that without the marketing, there would have been no revenue from those players, but equally, with nowhere to go there'd have been no revenue from those players either.

Give this mod some love!

Yes, and for sure for PPs to be successful from a platform point of view they need to bring in players. So I see that point. But they also need to be able to retain those players. I kinda think the fairest solution would be for players 'nationalities' to evolve over time based on where the spend their time.
This is possibly the sanest idea I've heard since I joined EU.

If f.ex. Planet Calypso AB can't retain their customers, they also deserve no money from them - even if they were born on Calypso - one or ten years ago is irrelevant.

At first I was thinking of a minimum share for the PP where an ava was born, but... no. Just no.

What's indeed needed is a sliding time(/money) window where the planet the customer spends more time/more money will also get a larger cut of what that customers spends.

At first blush this could be unfair to existing non-MA PP's, but then I realized there are only 2 actually "independent" (in the loosest form, meaning "Not 100% owned by MA").
[EDIT: This is to my knowledge - there may have been ad campaigns and other stuff I'm unaware of]
- PCF - the pilot, repossessed.
- NI - limbo (definitely dead, but not sure it's yet repossessed)
- Cyrene - I don't know.
- RT - still running on a wing and a prayer - but it is running.
- Arkadia - so far the ONLY PP that has managed to not only create ad-campaigns, but also get and keep customers. Both "fresh blood" and Calypsians moving there.

So is it fair, or even sane, that PP_X gets anything, at all, from a customer "born" on PP_X's planet but spends, and has been for perhaps a year or more, all time on PP_Y's planet? Definitely not! If PP_X failed to retain that customer they deserve NO money from that customer. PP_Y on the other hand should, as that's the PP and planet that managed to retain the customer.

What MA would screw up here is obviously how to set "cooldown" periods, and how this sliding scale should work, but the general idea is more than sane.
Two thumbs up, Jimmy!

(feel free to replace PP_X with "Planet Calypso AB" and PP_Y with Arkadia)

Comments?

The division of income is:

50% to MA
50% to the PP, where this share is evenly divided over the PP which brought the player in, and the PP where the action is.

So someone brought in from RT, and playing on Calypso:
50% MA
25% RT
25% FPC (or whatever the abbreviation for Planet Calypso is)

And it is fair planets get something for every active player, wherever they play.Not only for their effort, but it also helps bringing PP together in promoting the universe as a whole, which is vital to the unity of this game.

The division of income is:
[list of default sharing]
Just for completeness: This is only valid if the PP hasn't paid MA more money up-front (MA is like a junkie - in constant need of cash). Pay more money up-front and you get a larger cut. This was documented as a fact a few years ago, and no time-limit on that different share was documented. Not saying it's still in effect, but without knowing history...

And it is fair planets get something for every active player, wherever they play.Not only for their effort, but it also helps bringing PP together in promoting the universe as a whole, which is vital to the unity of this game.
Here I strongly disagree.

MA has intentionally sown split between planets, and created incentive for users to not try to visit other planets. I'm obviously talking about space. That displays to me quite clearly that MA, as have been from day 1, do not want unity - the want malevolence.

Back to all planets getting a cut; With your suggestion, a catastrophic failure like NI (*) would get money without attracting any customers (neither new nor old), and definitely not retaining them. I fail to see, with the system working the way it (currently) does, how such a plan economy would benefit EU, MA, any or any active PP's or customers/end-users. The only entity it would benefit would be the PP's that have abandoned their "planets", as they would get money from here until EU dies (ref. copyright mafia). That doesn't benefit growth. That doesn't benefit anyone but the parasite.

Perhaps I misunderstood you? If so, please elaborate.

(*) I'm not saying NI failed all by itself. I rather suspect it was an MA-goon (most likely in the USA) selling the moon to Post, and he was naive enough to trust it. When he got a pebble, he was likely somewhat... disillusioned, and realized the futility (of fighting for his rights) and simply left it to die.

I bet ROI this week will be 5.12 :)

So, care to explain how you knew about the ROI figure before the dividends were paid ? It's clear from the 'smugness' of your post that this was not a lucky guess.

And if you knew the numbers at the hour you posted, it means the system doesn't automatically do the profit split @ Monday 12 o' clock but instead the dividends are set well before that time, which raises the suspicion of tempering with the shares by MA.

Last edited:
:yay:

I'm rich, rich beyond my wildest dreams...

Okay, so I'm exaggerating a bit. :laugh:

So, care to explain how you knew about the ROI figure before the dividends were paid ? It's clear from the 'smugness' of your post that this was not a lucky guess.

And if you knew the numbers at the hour you posted, it means the system doesn't automatically do the profit split @ Monday 12 o' clock but instead the dividends are set well before that time, which raises the suspicion of tempering with the shares by MA.
It's not directly astronomical odds on that guess.
Facts:
- Last week was allmost 5.
- Migration is still in full swing, so no drastic changes in events.
- Looking back, the difference between one week and the next very rearly excedes 1 ped.

Useing only thous few VERY simple facts and limiting your guess to two decimals, you are down to about 200 possible guesses. Input some more observations about activity during the week and it's not hard to bring down the number of likley guesses to under 100. Now given how many people presents guesses in this thread, with a 1/100 chance of being right, I don't find it surpriceing at all the some one gets it right every now and then.

TLDR: There is no reason to belive this was anything more than a "lucky guess".

Last edited:
Wow, Im surprised i was so close, well to calm some down it was yes "just a guess" !!!

Since i play alot and see how many people that are hunting from globals/hof, and what kind of mobs that are hunted its not hard to guess it would be higher then last week :D. And also since im a programmer - binary series easy come to my mind, hence the 5.12 ^^

If you would like, just for fun, i can do another guess next saturday ;). We should make this a betting pool!! haha, everyone pays 1ped, closest 1,2,3 wins :)

/Chronos - keeper of time

ok, I'll go for 5.01 peds per deed, on the basis migration is still popular but dropped a bit from the start.

Rick

ok, I'll go for 5.01 peds per deed, on the basis migration is still popular but dropped a bit from the start.
Rick

I second that, but 4.97 from me :tongue2:

Back