Any Strange signal yet?

nope....not yet

None for me, but only did ~200 drops so far with my unamped F105... aint seen any in global chat either :dunno:

I guess only for beacon resellers so far :duh:

Been mining now for hours and haven't yet had a strange signal.

Been mining now for hours and haven't yet had a strange signal.

Havent heard of any being looted either....maybe they not coming until tomorrow after MA introduces the new ones to old beacon owners?

Havent heard of any being looted either....maybe they not coming until tomorrow after MA introduces the new ones to old beacon owners?

MA Assistant Lich also been handing them out at twins. Also has left them at various tp's. Have a look around tp's you may find one. I found one at Fort Medusa behind a building.

MA Assistant Lich also been handing them out at twins. Also has left them at various tp's. Have a look around tp's you may find one. I found one at Fort Medusa behind a building.

Maybe they spawn like fruit, stones and dung now?:D

They're handing out beacons?
Am I alone in thinking that's not smart?

They're making a good chunk of profit from decay on every one that gets used, sounds pretty smart to me. They'll be selling them from the TT before you know it.

They're handing out beacons?
Am I alone in thinking that's not smart?

Promotion, if you do one beacon mission and like it you most likely will buy more :).

Best regards
Zweshi

Promotion, if you do one beacon mission and like it you most likely will buy more :).

Best regards
Zweshi

But what if they do one beacon mission, realize they don't even get their ammo back, and don't do any more?

But what if they do one beacon mission, realize they don't even get their ammo back, and don't do any more?

Ma just learned it at the sandking - give em 2times no loot and even more ppl will join next time :tongue2:

Anyone got one by now? Have been trying also, but no luck :(

Well that certainly is a possibility :D.

Best regards
Zweshi

Anyone got one by now? Have been trying also, but no luck :(

I suspect the lack of anyone finding a beacon mission by mining by now means that its not implemented. Further evidence is Mindark handing them out at Twin Peaks in quizzes. ;)

Looking forward to the next VU fix, that may allow miners to find beacons in the ground and to "press the button"

:xmas:

I wanna push a button!!!

I doubt we will be seeing any "looted" beacons until most all of the hundreds of free beacons MA is giving away are used up.

My thoughts on this is that they are waiting to release them to miners on runs because they want the surprise that they are now carrying 2 warlocks in them instead of drones to be a Christmas presents to miners.

In anycase I dont see beacons being the benefit to miners like they used to be. There WILL be a major cost to us for finding one in the end.. Its the MA way now.

I have not even had a SOOTO in a long while...wait and see i guess.

Giving back beacon finding success to miners could be something nice considering there is no real new stuff for them since... a while ?
And what about treasure ? Could be related ?

I think the Calypso Official Avatars have been handing out beacons because you can't get them any other way.... to admit as much would be to admit how broken the loot system is and they have no clue how it really works! :eyecrazy:

I think the Calypso Official Avatars have been handing out beacons because you can't get them any other way.... to admit as much would be to admit how broken the loot system is and they have no clue how it really works! :eyecrazy:

I would substitute the word "broken" for "not implemented yet" ;)

Hopefully miners will be able to find spacecraft in a future VU.

And here's a pic of a friend of mine finding a spacecraft in VU 9.4 (we spent an hour trying to locate it after he shut the finder window) :duh:

I'm postponing my trip back to Calypso from Arkadia because it doesn't seem as miners are included in finding beacons atm....Also space is broken and wanted to take a mothership back but am afraid of getting stuck in space ....

This may have been posted elsewhere in the forum, but Kim said yesterday at Twin Peaks that beacons are currently findable by miners, but the find rate is really low. However, he said the find rate would be increased at the next update. Sorry, don't have a screenshot...

Any beacons yet? I still cant see anyone loot something 50 ped from a robot space craft...

If still nothing today, maybe time to stop looking ?

common MA give beacons in mining loot !! It is much not fair, just to hand out beacons to some random ppl. Beacons was, and schould be only mining loot! Is that really so difficult to code and create a model from the old resource, MA have? Maybe is time to hire some coding freaks, just to bug fix all the shit where dont work yet. And please, no new content, before a big bug fix of all is done.

common MA give beacons in mining loot !! It is much not fair, just to hand out beacons to some random ppl. Beacons was, and schould be only mining loot! Is that really so difficult to code and create a model from the old resource, MA have? Maybe is time to hire some coding freaks, just to bug fix all the shit where dont work yet. And please, no new content, before a big bug fix of all is done.

I think missing beacons in minning loot are only minor part of more complex loot problem MA is facing lately.
I prefer correcting loot first, beacons can wait

I think missing beacons in minning loot are only minor part of more complex loot problem MA is facing lately.
I prefer correcting loot first, beacons can wait

Miners have been waiting a long time for this...we have been more than patient about it ..so no now they can't wait any longer

Back