Question: What do you do to entertain yourself whilst sweating?

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
So, what do you guys do to entertain yourselves when sweating?

How do you make sure not to go insane when the hours gets long in the sweat fields?

For myself I:

* Read the forums, Entropedia and other EU related things to make sure I keep up to date and learn more about the game.

* Read a book or an audio book in my ears.

* Watch a movie, news or something else on TV.

* Chat with soc mates (Read as harass Butch, Serica, Fishface and anyone else who happens to catch my eye).

* Plan future activities in EU. (Plan for walking routes (stone, fruit and dung), go running for TPs or looking for newbie / other events that are free to join.)

* Track character advancement, I do love my excel sheets, the graphs keeping track of my skill gains. Makes it easier to motivate myself to keep sweating even tho I just throw the sweat into storage to rot.

* Listen to music and sing myself, trying to avoid this due to collateral damage my singing causes.

Classic songs that work well to fit the sweating mood:

Sweaters life, work work work! :wise:

Dreaming of a life without sweating, maybe be that scamming trader that everyone hates? Or be that smooth PK:er that everyone whines about on the forum but would love to be? :cool:

After a full day of sweating, you can't help but going a bit crazy!!! :eyecrazy:

I watch anime and other videos on the left half of the screen, while I have Entropia in window mode in the lower right corner and the browser with the forum and some other pages in the upper right corner of the screen :silly2:

I watch anime and other videos on the left half of the screen, while I have Entropia in window mode in the lower right corner and the browser with the forum and some other pages in the upper right corner of the screen :silly2:

I play EU on my stationary and surf on my laptop in those cases usually. But yesterday I sweated for about 6 hours when I came home, and managed to squeeze in 2 movies and a lot of forum time to catch up on new stuff. Was a good evening :)

hmmm started in 2009 and have less than 150 points in SG. I guess i didn'T find something entertaining enough so far to keep me sweating :ahh:

hmmm started in 2009 and have less than 150 points in SG. I guess i didn'T find something entertaining enough so far to keep me sweating :ahh:

Belive me, I have had moments when I wonder. "WTF d00d, whats your problem?" To myself, but then just smile and keep sweating! :)

But fully releate that sweating is not for everyone.

I surf the net or watch a movie but in a smaller window so I can keep an eye on my hp bar and also chat to see when a mob is dry. I also have to kill the mob when its dry... else its just to boring.

I surf the net or watch a movie but in a smaller window so I can keep an eye on my hp bar and also chat to see when a mob is dry. I also have to kill the mob when its dry... else its just to boring.

Love you guys who kill dry mobs btw! :yay::yay::yay:

Without you guys who kill them, quickly end up with 2, 3 even 4 dry mobs just wrecking havoc.

Pray for a sweat ath...?

Troll mode off*

i just sit there talking to people

when I used to sweat a lot, I'd watch forums, watch tv (roku is nice to have right next to the computer), chat, etc. If I got super bored at Neas and in the other circle group places, I'd just swunt. That makes it a little more tolerable. These days I don't sweat because it's just not worth it. Better to do something else irl instead.

These days I don't sweat because it's just not worth it. Better to do something else irl instead.

I totaly agree with you. For the first 6 months a sweated Zombies non stop 50 - 60 bottles per mob, it was not long i could sweat these on my own. So instead of sitting there for 6 hours on my arse getting fat i would work out doing wieghts, sit ups etc. Then MA/NDS stopped us from sweating zombies, so came here and its not fair on others to top go afk so much. So goty just under 19 is SG and stopped sweating. Its not worth my elec bill now. I just play less now, but in diffrent more fun way.

Can't really do anything when sweating, because on the few occassions you actually get the green beam, you need to pay attention to not break the "link". Boring as hell...

Rarely go AFk when sweating, unless I've got some washing up to do or need a fresh brew (tea).

Normally sit there concentrating to keep on target, hoping for a skill gain to drop.

That said had some of the most relaxing sweating over the years, with some music playing and the in game sound turned down low.

I still miss the old sweating style big time, and the little bibo island off PA in the old VU (I loved that little lisland).

I totaly agree with you. For the first 6 months a sweated Zombies non stop 50 - 60 bottles per mob, it was not long i could sweat these on my own. So instead of sitting there for 6 hours on my arse getting fat i would work out doing wieghts, sit ups etc. Then MA/NDS stopped us from sweating zombies, so came here and its not fair on others to top go afk so much. So goty just under 19 is SG and stopped sweating. Its not worth my elec bill now. I just play less now, but in diffrent more fun way.
Try doing 20 situps while sweating with autotool... do the sit ups when you start every new ambu, etc. It's fun.

Window mode +auto tool = awesomeness

I surf the net, watch the tv/movies, play ps3 games, read books, etc

Bottom line, if I am near my computer but do not feel like (or can afford atm) active play...then I am afk sweating something.

As sweat prices drop, i often find myself swunting instead. I will sweat til I die, then naturally heal at revive (or walk for stones as I heal) then return to sweat the same mob (when its finally dry, it dies). between losing mobs to players and other events, sometimes I go all night and only kill a few...but its fun and more importantly does not suck time away from real life activities as its 90% AFK

Browse the forum. Chat with friends on Facebook. Answer work emails. Do my job. Multitasking is fun, though I have to say I suck at sweating. Most of the time I lose track of the creature Im aimed at because it either runs off in some random direction or someone cuts in front of me while the window is minimized.

Try doing 20 situps while sweating with autotool... do the sit ups when you start every new ambu, etc. It's fun.

Haha, similar to what I do actually! :silly2:

When I think about going sweating I simply close out of Entropia and go load up Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Terraria, League of Legends, World of Tanks, or any other of a multitude of games that are actually fun and do that instead.

Sorry, sweating is just plain pointless.

I really need to start doing something like that :laugh:

I find it very interesting that people who play a game have to do something else at the same time in order to have fun. If I wasn't having fun playing a game I would do something else instead.

its not about doing something "else" to have fun, its about having fun playing a video game while doing something "else" :eyecrazy:

I heal the other sweaters! :nurse:

my thanks for making my Mind Essence! :shower::sweat:

:computer: :drink: :handjob: and sometimes :banghead:

Ofc. Im just kidding. Anyway, I used to concentrate on sweating before I remembered windowed mode exists and clicked default in graphics options by accident. I ended up with much smaller window that barely covers 1/4th of my screen so now I can do what other ppl mentioned here too :wtg:

LOL to hell with Sweating, D3 is off the hook!

/edit LOL back to sweating, still playin d3 but at my heart I will always be a sweater..multiple screens FTW

Last edited:
Well when I get a bit sleepy after much sweating, I kind of close my eyes a bit as I click and listen to my sweating machine "hum".

Back