Bring on the noobs

Thank you Kim, that is a helpful answer that can help us determine the value in promoting the game on a player level at this time.

Which parts does this include? The gateway? Port Atlantis? The Swamp Camp area? Or just an overall overhaul?

I'm sure that there is room for improvement in all of the above and we are working on it.

It is sad to me that you guys feel the need to attack me and the ideas that I have.

It isn't about you. Hell, I don't know you and from what I have seen, I don't want to know you.

What I am trying to say is this:

Wouldn't it be great if we, as a community, made such videos that brought people into this game.

End of.

That was it.

But all I have seen is EGOs and weak kiss-ass people who think it is their mission to agree with the man.

Let me remind you, the 'man' is going to kill you. And your game.

Yes, it would be great.
Just youtube entropia video's though, and you'll see theres a wealth of them out there :)
Including my 1st video :)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...76-When-Chirpies-attack&p=2755982#post2755982

It is sad to me that you guys feel the need to attack me and the ideas that I have.

There was no attack. There was a simple statement that it would be better to wait until the problem (which we at the time did not know what it was) was fixed. Then you attacked me for not agreeing with you.

Wouldn't it be great if we, as a community, made such videos that brought people into this game.

Yes, as long as there is not a problem causing newbies to leave right away as that would only make the people brought in not want to come back since they would remember that bad experience.

I'm sure that there is room for improvement in all of the above and we are working on it.

Good to hear that :) I hope you'll make a thread asking the community for feedback if you need any ^^

add removing the 20 disciple limit and make it 50 or 100 at least also. and give mentors more tools like disciples locations, and last logged in and send offline message. Also being able to give disciples stuff with little risk of just loosing it. Maybe something in team setting. like team shared items or something that only mentor and disciple can use.

And how about fixing friends lists so we can message our disciples?

Kim is not the community. We are.

How far have you gone to forget this?

I only want a better and more vibrant EU experience, that is all.

Which means more players and Kim's words are about him feeding his own ego, don't you get this yet?

He will sell your soul down the river if he gets his kicks. I never saw anything from MA that says 'we matter' and for this reason we have to take control of this game.

Crazy yes. Doable. Absolutely.

Which means more players and Kim's words are about him feeding his own ego, don't you get this yet?

He will sell your soul down the river if he gets his kicks. I never saw anything from MA that says 'we matter' and for this reason we have to take control of this game.

I don't really get your angle here. You want to bring more people to the game, but you also believe the company will "sell us down the river".

You are also attacking people who disagree with you and then trying to make it out as if you were attacked.

Mental issues? Maybe. Not making any sense? Definitely.

You realy are a rude man....lol.

Got a run of neg-reps over this.

Says a lot more about you than it does about me.

I just want justice.

What are you lot after?

What are you lot after?

I want the game to grow.

You do realise the negreps are probably mostly because you seem to be more into the idea of people doing as you say than actually helping in any way?

EDIT: And wth do you mean "justice"?

I want the game to grow.

You do realise the negreps are probably mostly because you seem to be more into the idea of people doing as you say than actually helping in any way?

EDIT: And wth do you mean "justice"?

You know as I do that Kim looked at this thread and made sure that it was to be banned and you are as useless to change in this world as anyone.

You are a pussy. As is your mentor.

You know as I do that Kim looked at this thread and made sure that it was to be banned and you are as useless to change in this world as anyone.

You are a pussy. As is your mentor.

Well, I do not have a mentor... so alright. Well I did have one, but that was years ago and he doesn't really play anymore :coffee:

Now, in what possible way do you think insulting me and Kim would help you?

It is really interesting how much hostility I have got from this thread.

Really, I am amazed at so many neg-reps and angry comments,

Because I want more players, because I want more people to interact with.

That was all I ever said.

You people really need to think about life.

And remember, I don't do neg-reps, cos it is a sign of weakness.

Damn, you people are KKK through and through. Don't forget it.

It is really interesting how much hostility I have got from this thread.

Really, I am amazed at so many neg-reps and angry comments,

Because I want more players, because I want more people to interact with.

That was all I ever said.

Yes, I read that and this is what I said as a response to that:
There is a reason they haven't started the massive ad campaign they have prepared yet:
*Quotes about why*

Sounds to me like it's better to wait :dunno:

After that, you attacked and insulted me, disregarding the suggestion I made to wait, as if anyone saying anything against you was worthless.

I would've been happy to help in any way I could, had you listened to what I said and maybe replied with an "Oh, but we can start working and then spread it when they have fixed that problem". Instead, you started screaming about how everyone was against you and now you're trying to make yourself look like a victim of prosecution when you are only a victim of yourself.

Yes, I read that and this is what I said as a response to that:

After that, you attacked and insulted me, disregarding the suggestion I made to wait, as if anyone saying anything against you was worthless.

I would've been happy to help in any way I could, had you listened to what I said and maybe replied with an "Oh, but we can start working and then spread it when they have fixed that problem". Instead, you started screaming about how everyone was against you and now you're trying to make yourself look like a victim of prosecution when you are only a victim of yourself.

You are one of many who can't hear. You think you know what is happening?

DEAF

I have seen more life and more people than you can shake a stick at.

But, you won't hear it. You can't hear it. They are fucking you in the ass.

Listen, I want a game that functions and for any system that functions well requires a set number of participants. That's it. You can talk all the horseshit in the world, as can your 'friends', but the reality is different.

I wanted to appeal to humanity, but all I go in the end was people like YOU.

My bad.

Before I leave this thread, just think.

Who is egging you on and why?

I am me. Are you?

Damn, only wanted more players. These guys wanted something else. And they bitch about loot pools? Think about who you talk to in the forum. This guy is a hired hand.

This guy is a hired hand.

Who, me?

I am beyond anyones control unless I choose I wish to be. Do not think otherwise about that.

You, on the other hand, is pathetic. Go on and on in your posts about never giving up, then start screaming like a baby when things are not going your way, just because someone pointed out a small bump in the road? If you truly wanted more players, you would've replied reasonably to what I said, not go on insulting the people that may be able to help you.

Who, me?

I am beyond anyones control unless I choose I wish to be. Do not think otherwise about that.

You, on the other hand, is pathetic. Go on and on in your posts about never giving up, then start screaming like a baby when things are not going your way, just because someone pointed out a small bump in the road? If you truly wanted more players, you would've replied reasonably to what I said, not go on insulting the people that may be able to help you.

Nighthawk, I have not been able to agree with you, because you see things from your point of view and so there can never be an argument, because you will always be right.

Sad though this is, it is not as sad as those sad bastards who neg-rep me without having the balls - as you do - to tell me why they disagree with me.

Fucking hate those yellow-bellies.If people neg-rep me then at least have the balls to tell me why else you are a pussy. Nighthawk at least tells me in the forum and I have respect for him. You other neg-reppers? Weak ass pussios

I am struggling to see why a desire for more players is a bad thing.

I am struggling to see why a desire for more players is a bad thing.

No one has said that it is a bad thing.

People have simply tried to explain to you why it would be better to wait before doing it (as specified via me posting those quotes by Kim on how there is a problem that makes newbies quit, which we have gotten more information on now) and then reacted when you started attacking anyone who did not say "Yes Peezle, let us do what you say".

And now, you simply hang around in this thread feeling sorry for yourself and trying to make yourself look like a victim, when it was in fact you who caused the negative reaction. It was you insulting people and you not understanding what everyone was trying to tell you.

That is all, and I am now off to bed.

Thanks for the visitor message bru really thought full stuff. This looks dangerously close to a drunken rant at this point :D.

Best regards
Zweshi

I have cleaned up the worst of the insults and flaming in this thread. Peezle will be taking a temporary vacation from the forum, and will hopefully return with a more mature attitude and respect for the forum rules.

Speaking of, I would like to remind everyone of the following forum rule, which applies to ALL areas of the forum (public and private), and in all situations:

Forum Rules said:
2.2 - Insults/Flaming
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts are not permitted. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the Community Staff without notice and the offending member may be temporarily or permanently banned without notice. It is important to keep in mind that PlanetCalypsoForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior or language in one country may not be acceptable in others. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members and forum staff, along with constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

Maybe Peezle was looking for something like this : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-current-youtube-trailer-out-there&highlight=

Anyways, I agree with Nighthawk too (now give me some peds Mindark for being on your payroll).

We should wait for this:

1) the first thing that needs fixing is the memory bug.

What would you do if you just installed a free to play game and it crashes on you the moment you login even when you have a nice gfx card worth 200 euro's and a core I 7 and 4gb of ram ?

You deinstall it.......

2) the safe( not enterable for a normal player) area gateway is a mistake, because new players think this is the real game, and they don't see anybody else in the area, so they think the game is a ssorpg (single solo offline role paying game)

What do you do if you think you are the only one in the universe trying to play the game?

You deinstall it........

A solution could be to allow mentors who have graduated at least 5 players in the new system access to the gateway,

Furthermore Mindark could learn from how "hunt the thing" is setup . The player gets value (for free, not even for money) and lots of nice setup missions and lots of stuff to do with a nice learning curve and excitement.
and the only catch is that the stuff isnt tradable. Apply those tricks at the gateway, make the kiwio last longer so you can actually finish the hunting mission at the gateway (maybe its fixed, i havent been at the gateway since we're not allowed anymore to be there) For the gateway (hunt the thing style) trashbins could be at the exit, where you can deposit broken weapons in. ( so no ped ever leaves the system, but the fragments that got looted, no farming possible)

Hi

I am new to the game I played now for just under 2 weeks (a week as a free player testing the game and about 5 days as a depositor) so thought I would add a few points.

How I found the game:
I was looking for a new game after the last one I played shut down after I played it for 5 years and had never heard of entopia before and found it completely by accident on http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/31/Entropia-Universe.html (I was starting at A and tried every sci-fi game upto E :))

alot of people I keep in touch with from star wars galaxies also used that site to find games so maybe an advert on it or some more professional reviews?

the game itself:

I found downloading and installing the game to be pretty fast and pain free and was playing within about 20 minutes with the rest of the game zones downloading in the back ground.

A few suggestion for the game starter experience though:

1/ You need to add either a trade terminal or repair terminal to the genesis area as while doing the mining tutorial I found a VI claim of lyst and could not dig it all up and as peds = money it seemed strange I was forced to leave money sat there that I could not get or beg people to give me there finders.

2/ Keep an active list of current promotions either on the deposit screen or on client loaded, I was not aware that depositing via neteller or uKash gave you a free vehicle until I deposited for the 2nd time where I was forced to use uKash and got a VTOL.

3/ When I did deposit for the first time I put in $20 and spent about 15 minutes working out what to buy, maybe after someone completes the swamp camp missions they get a new mission "deposit $10 to get a starter pack", once you deposit for the first time you can then hand in the mission and say 50 peds is took off your card and you get a gun, ammo, fap, finder, extractor and probes (Basically everything you need to get started except armour).

just a few noob thoughts :)

Edit

make the kiwio last longer so you can actually finish the hunting mission at the gateway (maybe its fixed, i havent been at the gateway since we're not allowed anymore to be there)

The starter guns in gateway lasted perfectly fine, I only killed the mobs needed to complete the missions (Well maybe 5-6 extra) and both guns were only half dead when I arrived at calipso (The excavator on the other hand lol)

Last edited:
3/ When I did deposit for the first time I put in $20 and spent about 15 minutes working out what to buy, maybe after someone completes the swamp camp missions they get a new mission "deposit $10 to get a starter pack", once you deposit for the first time you can then hand in the mission and say 50 peds is took off your card and you get a gun, ammo, fap, finder, extractor and probes (Basically everything you need to get started except armour).

Hmm maybe instead of the mission doing that for you, it could guide you through how to use the trade terminal for doing it? :)

Shame he got himself a ban.

Right idea, but totaly the wrong attitude.

The thread would have been good, had it not been for the squabbling and insults :scratch2:

Some toughts

I started like 3 weeks ago and think the learning/introducy is awesome, but the way how its told
is just boring (@ PA) i bet most newcomers dont read all the info and think what it means.
new comer places are nicely made and felt wery lively atleast when i arrived (many other ppl), the announcements there
sounded wery nice and made the place feel alive too (some girl speaking)
how i think it could get better.... voice acting.

like from mark up, or if they read infos i ask myself why on earth they start hunting.
i cant see any point in hunting if u wanna grow ur ped card and dont wanna depo k´s of ped.
95% from hunt loot is just useles. whit useles i mean wery low mu stuff and filling ur pockets whit that
according to most logs here, makes u go bankrupt fast.

what i seen most mentors do is encourage neewb´s to hunt some even buy them opalo and ammo...

In EU there is just darn alot things to learn and no human can learn all instantly.

i made small depo when i started, tought about poker in my coming play style (buy ins)
use about 10-20% of my peds / day @ mining ( 20% if getting nice returns, otherwise 10%) studied MU spots from forum
got 1 global 1XX ped´s after first week now i am almost doubled my first depo (311ped)
bought sleipnir to do those adventure quest´s. had about 250ped to mining.

Peezle vs Nighthawk to my ears sounds like a angel of death vs capitalist slaver.
And Kim acting political like it must be. (empty words to outsiders of MA office)

peace

Last edited:
Some toughts

I started like 3 weeks ago and think the learning/introducy is awesome, but the way how its told
is just boring (@ PA) i bet most newcomers dont read all the info and think what it means.
new comer places are nicely made and felt wery lively atleast when i arrived (many other ppl), the announcements there
sounded wery nice and made the place feel alive too (some girl speaking)
how i think it could get better.... voice acting.

I have always liked the announcements here and there that they sometimes have had in diffrent places, even if it totaly meaningless things they say. As you say, it make the place feel alive. Would be cool if they could have more of that kind of voice acting in game when we have big events giving us information connected to the event storyline.

you may or may no want my view on game as new player.

I first started game and picked New Island not knowing what I was doing. I almost quit twice. till I read some guides and got a mentor and they told me about New island. That most moved from there and its a dead area :(

So now I am stuck on this place no ride to another planet (hopes that change as I posted for help in forum) my Mentor trying to get me out also but I with a friend and need bigger ship.

so what I am saying if any new person comes to game and picks one of these dead planets, they are basically screwed, unless they get lucky and find someone to talk to. Who wouldn't be turned off by that and just quit?

Hope I get to see the better side of this game soon. As I am gamer that has played Many mmos over the years from Ultima online to recent games. I wanted something new and different.

Back