Should Sweaters Gang Up and Raise the Price?

BattleAxe

Provider
Indestructible BattleAxe OfPain
The message below is outdated: I've completely given up any hope whatsoever of the price of sweat going up. :cry:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey,

Who votes that all sweaters should gang up and not sell sweat for less than 15 PED/1k? :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Honestly, it's so bad at this point people are actually trying to buy sweat at 1-1.5 PED/1k! I say things need to change! Down with the 1-2 PED/1k, up with 15 PED/1k! This tyrannical rule of continually lower sweat prices must stop! It's time to raise up a new golden age for sweaters all over the EU and sell higher!

BattleAxe

P.S. Meant to make this a poll... Oops

Last edited:
Tbh i think they should. They do the hard work in this game so :wise:

*Maybe not 15 ped but 5-7 ped :p

Yes, but they never will. Why do think the price has dropped so much.:yup:

Well at least 5-7 PED would be moving in the right direction. Honestly though, I'm still waiting on the sweat revival, when the true potential of sweat will finally be released by MA and sweat will shoot to 50-75 PED/1k. :yup:

Yes, but they never will. Why do think the price has dropped so much.:yup:

And that's the problem we're trying to solve! If only 1-2 million sweaters would join the cause, we'd have the price of sweat soaring in next to no time at all! :wtg:

If 1 - 2 million sweaters
And that's the problem we're trying to solve! If only 1-2 million sweaters would join the cause, we'd have the price of sweat soaring in next to no time at all! :wtg:
If 1 - 2 million sweaters (non depositors) deposited 10$ instead maybe some things would change...

Well at least 5-7 PED would be moving in the right direction. Honestly though, I'm still waiting on the sweat revival, when the true potential of sweat will finally be released by MA and sweat will shoot to 50-75 PED/1k. :yup:

You got a bloody long wait.:lolup:

If 1 - 2 million sweaters If 1 - 2 million sweaters (non depositors) deposited 10$ instead maybe some things would change...

Well ofc :p. But, some people can't deposit. Either they don't have the money or only play on the side (and thus they wouldn't think it was money spent wisely). So that pretty much eliminates 99% of sweaters, as they wouldn't be sweating if they could/wanted to deposit. :wise:

if the sweaters make the price too high, the buyers will just start swunting themselves making the prices drop even lower due to supply/demand.

If only 1-2 million sweaters would join the cause

Even if only that amount exist, as soon that amount will log in - there will be no sweat, no mobs, no EU, nothing.

Except crashed servers.

Sweat is redundant nowadays except for spawning the Hu*** .
When ME becomes too expensive, less people wil teleport and use vehicles instead.
My advice for non-depositors is to find a nieche to do something else - if that is too hard for them they should deposit or quit. Might sound hard, but when they find a proper nieche which allows them to survive as non-depositor that means they found something what is worth to pay for other people, means they are contributing something useful to the universe.

If they can't after years of sweating AND complain about sweat prices they are better off to quit and play something which is actually free to play , this reduces the supply and stabilizes sweat prices in the long run so this is also something which is useful for entropia. This might sound as bashing sweaters, but it is not meant that way. When someone is happy with sweating he can do it for years - i'm fine with it, but complaining about sweat prices is like sitting in the city with a jar and a sign "Have no money to play Entropia!" (imho )

Sorry when it sounds harsh, but Entropia needs foremost people who are either willing to pay for the show, or people who are creative enough to provide something useful or entertaining for the universe.

How many hunters/miners thinks it's worth spending that time it takes sweating, for saving 2-3 peds/k higher price?
I can't think of anybody (and prolly can anyone else), so 5-7 peds is definitely doable.

The problem is that people want to get rid of their sweat fastest way possible, which is very contra productive.
I always buy sweat for 5ped/k. I feel like a cheap bastard that don't think the sweaters time is worth anything if I buy cheaper.

Hope that you get the rest of the sweaters on your side on this one. Your time is worth way more than now.:yup:

Oh, and exactly what would it be that would make it ever worth spending 50-75 ped on 1K bottles of sweat? Thats 5-7.5 pec / bottle, that you get trivially easily from almost any mob you happpen on.

if the sweaters make the price too high, the buyers will just start swunting themselves making the prices drop even lower due to supply/demand.

Yes... So, alright, maybe just 5-7 PED/1k: that's more than worth the four hours it would take buyers to do it themselves imo.

In my EU lifetime, MA once turned off sweating for like a month or two and even that didnt do anything to keep the price up...

In a free market, prices are set by supply and demand.

Vehicles lowered the demand by quite a bit and introduction of the new synthetic Mind Essence practically killed the real Mind Essence market.

Even if only that amount exist, as soon that amount will log in - there will be no sweat, no mobs, no EU, nothing.

Except crashed servers.

Ah... Um, alright, you have a point there. :ahh:

Sweat is redundant nowadays except for spawning the Hu*** .
When ME becomes too expensive, less people wil teleport and use vehicles instead.
My advice for non-depositors is to find a nieche to do something else - if that is too hard for them they should deposit or quit. Might sound hard, but when they find a proper nieche which allows them to survive as non-depositor that means they found something what is worth to pay for other people, means they are contributing something useful to the universe.

If they can't after years of sweating AND complain about sweat prices they are better off to quit and play something which is actually free to play , this reduces the supply and stabilizes sweat prices in the long run so this is also something which is useful for entropia. This might sound as bashing sweaters, but it is not meant that way. When someone is happy with sweating he can do it for years - i'm fine with it, but complaining about sweat prices is like sitting in the city with a jar and a sign "Have no money to play Entropia!" (imho )

Sorry when it sounds harsh, but Entropia needs foremost people who are either willing to pay for the show, or people who are creative enough to provide something useful or entertaining for the universe.

Yes, but you can't deny that they claim EU is "free to play." What you're suggesting, is basically stopping it from being free except for those who can discover niche which hasn't already been exploited a hundred and one times. -- I agree, griping about sweat prices may not actually solve the problem, but I think of it as, "raising awareness". ^^ :yup:

How many hunters/miners thinks it's worth spending that time it takes sweating, for saving 2-3 peds/k higher price?
I can't think of anybody (and prolly can anyone else), so 5-7 peds is definitely doable.

The problem is that people want to get rid of their sweat fastest way possible, which is very contra productive.
I always buy sweat for 5ped/k. I feel like a cheap bastard that don't think the sweaters time is worth anything if I buy cheaper.

Hope that you get the rest of the sweaters on your side on this one. Your time is worth way more than now.:yup:

+rep for being awesome to sweaters!

Oh, and exactly what would it be that would make it ever worth spending 50-75 ped on 1K bottles of sweat? Thats 5-7.5 pec / bottle, that you get trivially easily from almost any mob you happpen on.

Hmm... Well, I don't exactly know what would make them happen. Erm... Alright, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but hey, at least I'm hopeful!

In my EU lifetime, MA once turned off sweating for like a month or two and even that didnt do anything to keep the price up...

In a free market, prices are set by supply and demand.

Vehicles lowered the demand by quite a bit and introduction of the new synthetic Mind Essence practically killed the real Mind Essence market.

:( Well, alright, I'm not sure what would make sweat prices go up. Do you have any ideas? ^^

I always get my own sweat for making ME, once I have a fair amount of force nexus accumulated.... Good activity between deposits and the conversation in the sweat groups can be entertaining.... If sweat was worth alot more, many of us who deposit now would stop depositing and sweat for peds.

Theres simply way to much sweat on market. I can see old names still sweating since I started to play EU. They all have more than 500k of sweat sitting in storage. MA should limit it, like you have freerolls in poker once a day for example. So make sweating available only for few hours of the day. Except new avatars, lets say everyone with less than 500 SG points can sweat as much as they want.

I always get my own sweat for making ME, once I have a fair amount of force nexus accumulated.... Good activity between deposits and the conversation in the sweat groups can be entertaining.... If sweat was worth alot more, many of us who deposit now would stop depositing and sweat for peds.

Which is what SHRT [Sweaters Have Rights Too!] - members include: me, myself, and I - is trying to do! i.e. Make it so no one but ubers have to deposit :D. :wtg:

Yes yes....YESSS!!!!

By all means gang up!

Maybe you guys can spam the trading channel 24 hours a day in evey trading spot, telling people not to trade sweat for too cheap of a price.

And by all means, please please...PLEASE, butt into somebodies private transactions whenever possible!!!

:silly2::tongue2::tongue2:

Theres simply way to much sweat on market.

Yep. I was wandering around in Omegaton Shops window shopping the other day, and there's an entire shop on the C wing of Delta filled with Sweat, and that's all that's in the shop. Didn't check the prices... Each stack was 1k if I remember right. Didn't check who the shop owner was either, but it just goes to show you that yes, the market is flooded. Since supply exceeds demand prices drop, and for every sweat bottle obtained, that is only going to get worse over time.

SHRT as an organization can not do anything about sweat prices.
What they can do however is change how they market it and convert it into ped in the most profitable and game enhancing way possible.

If you look on entropiawiki.com at the page for vibrant sweat,

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&name=Vibrant_Sweat

you will see a long list of blueprints that consume sweat in addition to the possibility of making mind essence with it.

You, yourself and you should figure out what of those you would have the most success at selling and convert your sweat into enough ped to buy the resources to go into crafting them with the rest of your sweat into a sell-able product.

Then sell the product.

This has two huge advantages for you the sweater.

1. It eliminates the middle man who is 'profiteering' off of your hard work.
2. It creates a sustainable game play lifestyle for you which will gain skills and actual interaction with both sides of the markets.

To start with I would narrow it down to making Mind Essence and Welding Wire, I think those are likely your 2 best chances, but really if you have an opportunity at any of the others there is potential anywhere.

good luck, and don't sell to yourself too cheap :p

narfi

Plain and simple: the reason sweat price keeps going down is there are too many professional sweaters and not enough demand.

If you want sweat prices to increase, then decrease the supply. Go teach the hoards of non-depositors better ways to contribute to the community, and leave sweating to the noobs, for whom it's a good skill-gaining activity.

You're looking at sweating as if it were a good form of work for non-depositors, but this is not the way the world (or the game) works. In the real world, mindless grinding on a valueless resource does not make you money. Same thing in game. If you want to make money, you need to find a creative way to contribute something of value to the community. The game is teaching business skills for real life.

Sweating is not very helpful to the community. How can I know that? Because the community doesn't value it... the community won't even pay enough to cover your computer's electricity use for the time you spend sweating. In other words, sweating is for gaining defensive and mindforce skills and for making ME for your own use, and there are way too many people who are "professional" sweaters... it's because of them that the price of sweat is so low.

There are a lot more creative and helpful (and effective) ways to make peds than sweating. In today's EU, sweating has some value in game, but it's not for making money. And tbh... for your time and effort you could make more money by going out to the mall parking lot and looking for lost coins on the ground, and you'd get some exercise that way too.

To sum up: Leave the sweating to the new players and the price will rise to a more reasonable value.

Edit: Narfi's suggestions above are good for those who really just love sweating and can't stop. Boiling it down to essentials, there are 3 ways to increase sweat price: reduce the number of sweaters, cut out the middle-man in the sweat supply chain, and increase the demand. By using your own sweat you eliminate any middle-man who wants a percent of the sweat profits. You could also look into raising sweat demand by promoting TP chips to those who don't have them (you'd be surprised how many people don't have one) and lobbying Mindark to fix the Hussk mission and planet partners to release sweat-using BPs.

Last edited:

well, I dont' think sweat price will go upto 5peds/k.

the reason is very simple...there well be huge influx of sweaters from developping world as the network and the pc capability get better....

I've already seen some very strange sweat sellar in twins... selling >100k sweats...some of them are not resellar!

And that by itself would decrease the sweat price... (supply and demand would bring it right where it is now!

Back