FYI: PCF Maintenance

Site Admin
Admin
Maintenance has been performed on the PCF servers and the forum software has been upgraded to the latest version.

I am hopeful that these efforts will correct the recent slow performance issues that have been occurring, especially during peak traffic times.

Please report any unusual forum behavior or display issues in this thread.

Thanks for your patience during the maintenance.

It seems the rep bars in posts are missing. Is it intended or a bug ?
Another question which remains open - will the achievment icons come back ?

Thx in advance

BR

Quick style chooser is empty.

d749025dd32aa50788470267ad3490b7.png

I'm writing a pm and after clicking preview the page hangs. Exlorer won't respond on the page anymore. But I've had that several times before the upgrade too.

You've to type all over as in that situation nothing can be copy/pasted anymore.

Not sure what you are trying to say by posting that link. :scratch2:

Based on conversations you and I have had in the past about the forum, I think you know very well that I do not personally develop or revise the forum software (vBulletin, a massive commercial product with a large team of full-time developers).

I know, I should explain, sorry... :dunce:

When updating original software over derivations with custom changes (such as the theme selector), a three way merge identifies and allows fixing of conflicting changes or overwritten sections, in a way that both parent source improvements and current improvements can be inserted in the active source code.

To quickly identify and fix issues of this kind in the future, I suggest readers to look into WinMerge or KDiff.

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)
Cail, , Artrat, , dr3w

Double commas.

I know, I should explain, sorry... :dunce:

When updating original software over derivations with custom changes (such as the theme selector), a three way merge identifies and allows fixing of conflicting changes or overwritten sections, in a way that both parent source improvements and current improvements can be inserted in the active source code.

To quickly identify and fix issues of this kind in the future, I suggest readers to look into WinMerge or KDiff.

The forum software has a built-in tool for performing merges of customised templates. Each time the forum software is upgraded, it requires that templates which cannont be automatically merged (due to too many conflicts) must be manually merged.

I have gone through many of the affected templates after the update today, but a few display issues still need to be resolved, for example those reported in this thread such as the rep bars.

I'll continue working on finishing the template merges and style updates today and tomorrow.

I read the thread and did not see mention of custom colors for our names. My cfd has disappeared also.

I tried to do a search earlier and had no results but the page telling me I had to wait 12 seconds inbetween searches and to try again in 5 seconds :scratch2:

It seems the rep bars in posts are missing. Is it intended or a bug ?
Another question which remains open - will the achievment icons come back ?

Thx in advance

BR

can this be answered then?

why are the rep bars gone?

can this be answered then?

why are the rep bars gone?

Try reading the thread!

711 explains all in post #9.

Now, about that egg.....

Blackjack :cowboy:

PCF Rep is back

Just as title says :) it's new & improved :) (maybe not, how should I know lol)

Apparently the formula for getting more bars/stars have been changed also.
I lost my star and all the yellow bars :/
Or is it just bugging.

Oh finally our hard earned bars! ;p
Hey where's the orange :s

what do i do with these bars?
they are too heavy for me to carry continiously!!

Let's take these babies for a ride, test.

11bars with 5165 points what about you guys?

Well noticed :) just posting to check mine out...

I also noticed but I am not going to start new thread just for bars. May be if the skill icons were back it deserve new thread :girl:

I am in the process of fixing several issues related to the custom PCF templates and features that were disrupted by the last update of the base forum software.

One of the affected features was an add-on which provides extended reputation display (i.e. the gold stars). Right now the unmodified forum reputation images are being displayed.

[Thread merged with existing PCF update thread]

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)
Cail, , Artrat, , dr3w

Double commas.

This issue is now corrected, thanks for reportng.

I read the thread and did not see mention of custom colors for our names. My cfd has disappeared also.

The entire CFD system was disabled a few weeks ago, since it was causing performance issues on the forum. I am still working on resolving those issues, and am hopeful that the CFD system can be re-enabled soon.

Each member's CFD balance is still stored in the database, so noone needs to be worried about losing their earned CFDs.

I tried to do a search earlier and had no results but the page telling me I had to wait 12 seconds inbetween searches and to try again in 5 seconds :scratch2:

The search/time limitation is nothing new, and is in place to protect the server from repeated or automated searches that could cause performance issues.

I'm guessing that the empty search results was a temporary issue. Please let me know if you encounter that again.

Apparently the formula for getting more bars/stars have been changed also.
I lost my star and all the yellow bars :/
Or is it just bugging.

The reputation formula has not changed.

The 3rd party add-on that was used to display higher reputation levels with gold stars stopped working properly after the last update of the forum software. I am waiting for the author of that add-on to update the add-on or suggest a solution that is compatible with the latest vBulletin forum software.

Until then, reputation is being displayed using the default forum reputation display system.

Try reading the thread!

711 explains all in post #9.

Now, about that egg.....

Blackjack :cowboy:

Aaaah, The egg!

Thanks for the work on the forum 711.

Could it be that the rep bars are still broken? They look the same for very different rep amounts.

:scratch:

Edit: 771 was so kind to move my post from another thread so please don't flame me for asking something that was already answered. Thank you for your cooperation. ;)

:shower:

Last edited:
Back