FYI: Iron droprate on Argos seems broken / buggy / altered

Jennson

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Jennson Laudi Marakomm
Just wanted to inform you that the iron droprate on Argos sees to have changed. I just returned less than 6 PED after a full Amp run on them. After killing many thousands of those buggers i can clearly say this is not normal.

Has anyone else noticed a change ?

Is this a bug, or a feature ?

BR

and seems i am not the only one:
( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...lease-2012-3&p=2934126&viewfull=1#post2934126 )
Was iron removed from all Argonauts or just the small ones?

Same Appears to be on Drones with Gazz.

Support Case filed

Last edited:
Just wanted to inform you that the iron droprate on Argos sees to have changed. I just returned less than 6 PED after a full Amp run on them. After killing many thousands of those buggers i can clearly say this is not normal.

BR

I hope its a bug because if it is a feature then one can only conclude they have a good reason for wanting to destroy calypso :)
oh um, i meant to say, drones dont drop gaz either

Maybe, just maybe ores should be in the ground and be mined up, where they belong? ;)

I have noticed this as well, I have had some decent sized drops but the big loots don't seem to contain as much iron anymore. Now it's lots of eye oils/wools. Killed about 1k in the past week. Seems like a recent change.

The day they initially did it iron spiked up to 114%, a couple weeks ago. They have added some back in, now it's back down to 110.

Maybe, just maybe ores should be in the ground and be mined up, where they belong? ;)

maybe just maybe it was good that there were 1-2 mobs that inexperienced players could skill up on economically? maybe mobs should not drop weapons/tools either? what should they drop that makes it worthwhile to actually kill them?

some of us believe that that all the shops and booths in entropia should be stuck on a planet far far away in lootable pvp but we dont go on bug report threads relating to estates to share our opinion? :)

Yes seems 2 of the few mobs worth hunting on lower levels were destroyed in rebalanceing efforts.
In that state not worth to hunt them anymore

Maybe MA should make an update tomorrow where all estate deeds vanish magically out of owners inventory including using rights of their estates ?

Yes seems 2 of the few mobs worth hunting on lower levels were destroyed in rebalanceing efforts.
In that state not worth to hunt them anymore

Well that means i prolly wont hunt drones anymore... So i prolly wont hunt anymore... Mining is too gay, and crafting is a slot machine.

Awesome, the one mob i liked, drones, now appear to be useless.

I thought the rebalance was for mining, not ores/ enmatters. As in relocation of mining areas for materials, not a ground breaking, lets ruin more crap thing.

Well that means i prolly wont hunt drones anymore... So i prolly wont hunt anymore... Mining is too gay, and crafting is a slot machine.

Awesome, the one mob i liked, drones, now appear to be useless.

I thought the rebalance was for mining, not ores/ enmatters. As in relocation of mining areas for materials, not a ground breaking, lets ruin more crap thing.

i dont think you fully comprehend how huge the mining "rebalance" is, it effects everyone, the landowners who's land is devalued, who has less income from miners due to the change, the hunters who use the weapons that need the ores that have jumped in price by 15%, and the quantity actually on auction has dropped by 30%, the crafters who craft high end amps using that same ore that have to raise the price or take a loss, the many miners that can not justify buying big amps any more because without the already good markup on that ore there is no point in paying markup on amps, the calypso land deed owners who see high turnover miners move elsewhere which effects their ROI.
So yes i really hope that the loss of ores from drones and argo's is a bug as this would be a stupid mistake by MA/Calypso, but please dont think that the "rebalance" of mining is not ground breaking.

Drones and Argonauts have been affected by this "rebalancing" it seems. I'm sure other mobs that have stones in their loots have been affected as well..

First missions (i.e. Silver) reward shitty and now the loot tables are changed ... pfft no more will I hunt these low level mobs.

~Danimal

Well, not a single gazz stone after 140 ped cycled on small drones, truely a sad day if this is not an oversight, but an intentional balance by MA.

Imho, the hunting in April might have been the abnormality, and now it's back to "normal."

I'd add aurli and kreltin to the list of "significantly different drops than April" list.

No iron from argo here too...

at least i still have the daspletor mission to do before iron is back...

This is odd, I've been hunting argo since yesterday, and I have just finished a hunt tonight, and there was plenty of iron dropping, dunno why other's were not getting it in loot :scratch2:

Last 120PED of ammmo I've used only 3 iron ore.
Before that I was getting at least 20PED or so.
It has definitely changed.

BR

and seems i am not the only one:
( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...lease-2012-3&p=2934126&viewfull=1#post2934126 )

Same Appears to be on Drones with Gazz.

Support Case filed

A bug and a nerf are two different things. :p

A bug and a nerf are two different things. :p

Yes that's why my qustion is aiming mainly to find out if the change is intentionally or a bug that will be fixed to it'S former state.

Anyway considering it is already on 2 mobs and in line with more *nerfs cough* rebalancing efforts i mean i fear it is an intentional change.

Yes that's why my qustion is aiming mainly to find out if the change is intentionally or a bug that will be fixed to it'S former state.

Anyway considering it is already on 2 mobs and in line with more *nerfs cough* rebalancing efforts i mean i fear it is an intentional change.

That's what I'm thinking. Stuff doesn't change much around here without MA being behind it :p

I hope the support cases that were filed on the missing ores in loot will be resolved soon. Whether it's a bug or intentional re-balancing, if the argo and bots remain essentially ore-less many hunters will have to drastically adapt their hunting style.

Introducing a Silver argo mission and at the same time cutting out the only steady markup source from the mob's loot is a rather clumsy move, guaranteeing that only fools will grind on the mob.... and even fools will stop if the loot is 60%.

/Slupor

yeah ore for minners ... finally

bored to sell iron 110% when I usually sold for +120% same for drones and gazz

plz remove all ores from hunting (cobalt on boruum, gazz+blauss+erdo on drone+miner bot, iron on argo and lyst on chomper)

thx.

the way on great % on ore is on maybe ?

plz remove all ores from hunting (cobalt on boruum, gazz+blauss+erdo on drone+miner bot, iron on argo and lyst on chomper)

thx.

good plan, & while they are at it, pls remove all ores/enmatters for crafting hunting gear (armor, guns, faps, plates)
We'll see how much is left of your markup then..

yeah ore for minners ... finallybored to sell iron 110% when I usually sold for +120% same for drones and gazzplz remove all ores from hunting (cobalt on boruum, gazz+blauss+erdo on drone+miner bot, iron on argo and lyst on chomper)thx.the way on great % on ore is on maybe ?
Bad thinking. Food chain is: mining->crafting->hunting. Respect your clients. I hope, that re-balancing will just replace absence ores in hunt with something other, with MU.

thx.

[sarc]
And while we are at it, why not remove Markup alltogether, since EU is far more enjoyment without it.
[/sarc]

Reactions: das
yush, look at me im hunter, and im the first to say im okay to remove ores from hunt.

too much ore on the market... yeah yeah hunting gears, i own UL stuff so i dont care...

with all the ores on the market i cannot buy crafting gear they are up 125% thats making uneco, the only gear im buying are between 105 and 115% and ... they are looted...

so, there is a huge difference with crafting market and minning market, i think we need to reduce the ores looted by hunting

yush, look at me im hunter, and im the first to say im okay to remove ores from hunt.

too much ore on the market... yeah yeah hunting gears, i own UL stuff so i dont care...

with all the ores on the market i cannot buy crafting gear they are up 125% thats making uneco, the only gear im buying are between 105 and 115% and ... they are looted...

so, there is a huge difference with crafting market and minning market, i think we need to reduce the ores looted by hunting

That doesn't make sense AT ALL.. :scratch2:
Less ores looted, more mu on them.
As a result, crafted items go up in markup.
Result of that, looted L gear goes up in markup couse more ppl buy those..
Result of that, no more 105% gear for you

ok lets look this, I usualy eco hunt on drones gen 1-3

for 200peds run i get around 60 peds of gazz, thats nice with a MU of 120% im the first happy.

now with the drone event, drones, drone elite, warlock, big bulk loot gazz. the current MU is around 110%.

the items crafted with gazz has reduced ? NO. the marge of benefit for crafter has increased.

so the looter are loosing peds cause there is too much ore on the market.

to get a decent price on ore again, crafter need to use all of the gazz on the market, turning off the switch of ore in hunt is a way to reduce the ore on the market faster.

so its seem not bad at the end.

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense AT ALL.. :scratch2:
Less ores looted, more mu on them.
As a result, crafted items go up in markup.
Result of that, looted L gear goes up in markup couse more ppl buy those..
Result of that, no more 105% gear for you

Result higher MU loot for hunters, miners and crafters that is good to a certain point.

At least give the missing ability to increase the 90% return if you know the game.

Today with low MU everywhere the medium-high level hunters affected more then other professions(90% X lot of peds cycled=huge TT peds lost).

so its seem not bad at the end.

Except 2 very commonly hunted mobs are not worth to hunt anymore. But put it in the bigger picture - the recent reduction of no-looters doesn'T benefit the item looters, as they usually drop in HOFs which are in a reduced frequency when you get less no-looters ( e.g. Ituma ).

So for regular MU the stackable looter are the way to go. BUT how many mobs are there which drop decent stackables on Caly - untaxed & in the same difficulty class ?

So overall MU you can gain on hunting is - yet again - reduced. Why should anyone buy hunting gear when you reach a point where higher turnover gear ( aka high dps ) just ranslates to the gear which produces higher losses ? So more gear dropping in value, well no problem you might think more cheap gear for more people - BUT how many are encouraged to rally buy something in such a climate ? And the spiral ( ah no not the legion - Rattex ones ) turns down, and over the long run the other professions will be more affected, too.

Beside that Argonaut and drone were a classic mob for lower level player to skill up cheaply, and where player who were cycling their monthly deposit on higher level mobs could come back when they had bad returns there to stretch their playtime.

Last edited:
Also, bigbulks still drop Gazz..
Needless to say, bigbulks do impact only wich means waaaaay cheaper defense cost on them compared to drone elite.
Guess what the drone elite hunters are hunting now.. see, it doesn't change anything for Gazz mu.
Also warlocks don't drop gazz

Back