Results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27-29

Status
I wonder if this thread qualifies as excessive negativity or not?

I mean, Charlie has clearly said that there is an event planned for active players as well. It seems to me like a bunch of players are jumping to a conclusion because they feel excluded and are lobbying for their own prize.

Since they dont know what MA has planned but it has been stated they have planned something, really all this thread is at this point is pointless bellyaching. At worst it is actually players being greedy and jealous.

nono dont make an event for active players where just the "always the same" win. Just fix this damn loot!

Where is this post?

Not sure about Charlie... may be at Solfais

But here is what Bjorn of MA said in an earlier post:

Finally, I would like to point out that our plan was always to conduct a survey aimed at active participants as well. Invitations to participate in that survey will be sent out to active participants within the next 10 days or so. Those taking part in the survey will be invited to participate in a similar hunting event with similar prizes as was done for inactive participants.

Not sure about Charlie... may be at Solfais

But here is what Bjorn of MA said in an earlier post:

Thanks, hadn't seen that. It probably would have been a good idea to post that at the same time as the results of this promotion.

HOLY JESUS FUCK, YOU COMPLAINING IDIOTS ARE MAKING ME WANT TO PUKE!!!!!!!

(Fair warning: This is John Teacher Capital the Entropia player speaking this. This is NOT a forum moderator action in any way.)

MA: Hey, part of our marketing campaign seems to be getting good initial results
Forum reader: You better not be spending any of that money until I get better loot!

MA: We tried to buy back a few inactive players, hoping as a group, they'll deposit more than we spent.
Forum reader: You're ignoring your players!

MA: We're trying to improve things
Forum reader: You fucked things up so bad we can never trust you again. (Give me more loot and I'll forgive you until loot sucks again.)

I mean seriously???? Do none of you get it? Why'd they offer a few $k in prizes? Because they understood that with a big incentive, the chances were good that most of the losers would deposit and spend enough to pay for the prize them self. Oh and maybe some of them would even stay and, yep, deposit even more.

Forum reader: They ran a contest for non-participants, but not us?
AS WE SPEAK you can enter a contest to win, of all things an imp fap. And you're pissed about a free gfx card that was likely donated to begin with?

I also recall not too long ago back-to-back-to-back events. Migration, robot attack, Atrox Queens, etc. etc. etc and guess what? Yep, a bunch of you complained that MA was doing too many events.

Fucking whiny ass retarded bastards, the whole bunch of you.

Yes, it looks like they messed up the rankings. Can anyone tell me the last Merry mayhem or other event they've run where the list of winners was right? Yeah MA screws up. I'm guessing they're looking into it. But since you're so important, they have to us every little detail.

Forum reader: They don't tell us anything!!
Forum reader: Why did they even tell us about this?!!? Now I'm just mad!

MA can't ever win with you folks.
Forum reader: Now they know how we feel. :lolup:

Christ I got SOOO much more I want to say but I am so damned pissed right now, I have no idea how I stayed this coherent to begin with.

"Don't do anything for us players" PotE Armor, imp fap, Warthog, Adj Rip, and like 10 other prizes.

Fuck I want to quit this game and this forum right now.

Thanks, hadn't seen that. It probably would have been a good idea to post that at the same time as the results of this promotion.

I doubt it was planned before... More than likely it was an after thought after seeing the reaction of the community?

And to be fair with MA... they've already the Bot event going with huge participation for almost all level of players...it is well thoughtout, detailed, good plan... and the whole community is enjoying it...

So, personally I don't think MA should do another event for currently active players!

Rather they should focus on loot balancing, and try to bring-in new players.

MA needs to work on all front..

Priority wise...

1. Keep the currently active players happy and dont' lose them.h

2. Try to bring back players who have left EU after playing for more than 6months to 1yr.
........and not to focus on players who have left EU after playing <6 months These players (who played <6 months) are unlikely to become longer term player in EU.

3. Finally to do targetted advertising at various portals/avenues... The focus should be the wider audience of casual gamer who would play for fun. Avoid targetting players drawn into it for makining money/piracy (Cyrene style PVP is fine) or RT like culture.

Last edited:
A result of comprehension problems? I think most here made their point very clear.

Sure, and it's a good thing - it's just... nobody really understands why you treat INACTIVE players better than ACTIVE players.

Sorry, i don't buy that - i am playing for over 5 years, you never had a problem with taking my PEDs and giving 3 day old newbs fat towers or giving cool expensive items to ubers.

Even if you PLANNED that, let me tell you:
It was the wrong order. You clearly have a priority problem over at MA office:

FIRST of all, take care of faithful customers who pay your bills, THEN you can care about those who already abandoned EU...

Or are the rumours true and you see active mid level players only as milking cows?
That would actually explain the priority issues...

Amen , when you right buddy you real right!!!!!

(Fair warning: This is John Teacher Capital the Entropia player speaking this. This is NOT a forum moderator action in any way.)

MA: Hey, part of our marketing campaign seems to be getting good initial results
Forum reader: You better not be spending any of that money until I get better loot!

MA: We tried to buy back a few inactive players, hoping as a group, they'll deposit more than we spent.

Forum reader: You fucked things up so bad we can never trust you again. (Give me more loot and I'll forgive you until loot sucks again.)

I mean seriously???? Do none of you get it? Why'd they offer a few $k in prizes? Because they understood that with a big incentive, the chances were good that most of the losers would deposit and spend enough to pay for the prize them self. Oh and maybe some of them would even stay and, yep, deposit even more.

AS WE SPEAK you can enter a contest to win, of all things an imp fap. And you're pissed about a free gfx card that was likely donated to begin with?

I also recall not too long ago back-to-back-to-back events. Migration, robot attack, Atrox Queens, etc. etc. etc and guess what? Yep, a bunch of you complained that MA was doing too many events.

Yes, it looks like they messed up the rankings. Can anyone tell me the last Merry mayhem or other event they've run where the list of winners was right? Yeah MA screws up. I'm guessing they're looking into it. But since you're so important, they have to us every little detail.

Christ I got SOOO much more I want to say but I am so damned pissed right now, I have no idea how I stayed this coherent to begin with.

"Don't do anything for us players" PotE Armor, imp fap, Warthog, Adj Rip, and like 10 other prizes.

and what stop you to do it????????????
ps: for posts less aggressive then yours people have been banned.........

So? People have been banned for less whiny bitching than what has been displayed in this thread, at least JC is completely right :coffee:

People whine about everything. In fact, many often whine about a thing... and then the exact opposite :scratch2:

In fact, I bet most of those whining in this thread doesn't even have a good reason for doing so, or even know why they are doing it! :dunce:

Damn the best rant post I have seen in a long time!! :yay: But I agree that there seems to a bit more whining over something that would help entropia. :scratch2:

I realized along time ago that there is no pleasing most people here, so I just make off topic threads and posts! lol way more fun!! :laugh:

By the way https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Woot-telephone-scam!!!&p=2939137#post2939137 :tongue2:

You need to moderate your post for breaking rules 2.2, 2.7 and 2.8. :laugh:

So? People have been banned for less whiny bitching than what has been displayed in this thread, at least JC is completely right :coffee:

People whine about everything. In fact, many often whine about a thing... and then the exact opposite :scratch2:

In fact, I bet most of those whining in this thread doesn't even have a good reason for doing so, or even know why they are doing it! :dunce:

i respect your opinion, I also suggest to read the whole tread before to say "whining in this thread doesn't even have a good reason" maybe you could change idea.
Moreover why a negative opinion is always considered whining?????? and who decided that JC is right??? IMO he his wrong. Ofc he has the right to express his opinion like anyone else, but like i said for expressing their opinion in a less aggressive way people have been banned.
But at the end i don t care so much, after all i have a better signature now :D

Well, to be fair to John, he's really not allowed to vent, bitch and complain like other people, daily and like the last 1000 replies of this thread...:laugh:

If he's pissed off, he IS still a player of EU and allowed an opinion. cut him some slack ffs. :rolleyes:

I also suggest to read the whole tread before to say "whining in this thread doesn't even have a good reason" maybe you could change idea.

I have read the whole thread, and as I said most of the whining does not have a good reason. Some of the negativity obviously has a reason, which I have also commented on earlier, but most of it... no, no reason really.

Moreover why a negative opinion is always considered whining??????

It is not. I often have a negative opinion about things and I do express that on the forum. If it is whining or not has more to do with the way you express it.

Damn the best rant post I have seen in a long time!! :yay:

Yeah... they delete my rants before you can see them. :mad:

JC, i have reported your posts for "mass insults" - now i am waiting for the moderator JC to ban the mere forum member JC.

I got two f**king weeks off for a less direct and way less insulting insinuation that someone might not be as smart as he thinks.

Makes at least four weeks temp ban for you.
:yup:

Or is it now allowed for everyone to make posts like yours?
Just asking, fair rules = no exception for anyone, you know that.

Well, to be fair to John, he's really not allowed to vent, bitch and complain like other people, daily and like the last 1000 replies of this thread...:laugh:

If he's pissed off, he IS still a player of EU and allowed an opinion. cut him some slack ffs. :rolleyes:

I agree!
JC is a good honest guy!
But at times he is a bit temperamental.... I think this thread ticked him off

And then I will, as the forum member Nighthawk, defend both the mod and forum member JC by pointing out that his rant is justified, your rants very rarely are.

Yeah... they delete my rants before you can see them. :mad:

JC, i have reported your posts for "mass insults" - now i am waiting for the moderator JC to ban the mere forum member JC.

I got two f**king weeks off for a less direct and way less insulting insinuation that someone might not be as smart as he thinks.

Makes at least four weeks temp ban for you.
:yup:

Or is it now allowed for everyone to make posts like yours?
Just asking, fair rules = no exception for anyone, you know that.

LOL I guess I would have had said the same for your rants!! :yay: Maybe we can have a rant day where we could compare everyones rants to see who's the king!! :beerchug:

And then I will, as the forum member Nighthawk, defend both the mod and forum member JC by pointing out that his rant is justified, your rants very rarely are.

OK these are all off topic ... get back to the topic! and avoid thread closure!

Nighthawk, can you please speculate as to the reason/s for this deafening silence about the controversial winner?

Both Kim (Calypso) and Bjorn (MA) didn't have any comment about the issue?

OK these are all off topic ... get back to the topic!

Nighthawk, can you please speculate as to the reason/s for this deafening silence about the controversial winner?

Both Kim (Calypso) and Bjorn (MA) didn't have any comment about the issue?

I already did - if they acknowledge the issue (which they should) then they are probably discussing what to do about it right now and are waiting with replying about it until they have come to a decision.

Obviously, if this is the case, they should simply write something like "Since several participants have submitted support cases and posted that something seems to be wrong with the rankings in this event, we are investigating the case and will get back to you when the investigation is done. If an issue is found, we will specify what action we will take once we have completed the investigation."

In short: Communications problems. Doesn't matter at which level (can be that Bjorn and Kim has been told by their superiors not to comment of course).

I already did - if they acknowledge the issue (which they should) then they are probably discussing what to do about it right now and are waiting with replying about it until they have come to a decision.

Obviously, if this is the case, they should simply write something like "Since several participants have submitted support cases and posted that something seems to be wrong with the rankings in this event, we are investigating the case and will get back to you when the investigation is done. If an issue is found, we will specify what action we will take once we have completed the investigation."

In short: Communications problems. Doesn't matter at which level (can be that Bjorn and Kim has been told by their superiors not to comment of course).

MA needs a good PR personnel...and I can recommend you as my first choice! :)

Thank you for your very subjective input on the matter.
The forum would descend into total chaos without your blind obedience to authority.

Guys, stop fighting against each other...
we all know we've all kinds of personalities in the forum.....so accept it as such..

and focus on MA/Caly/pps all kinda mistakes and irregularities!

You may consider this in future.
Winners from any event should agree to go in an interview on one of the community radio's and have the file on forum. So that we all know is a real person and not same one each time.

Congrats to the winners!

Nice of MA to get some nice results from one of their many marketing efforts, for a change...

Hatters gonna hat! :dunce:

got my HOF for not playing as well.....ASUS ATI 6950 w/2 GB GPU.....If I dont depo next month....maybe two 32 inch monitors as well :banana:

I n reference to JC's post...he IS a moderator...there is no excuse for posting in the same manner as those he's supposed to censure. People everywhere hold positions of reposibilty without losing their cool. It's just un-professional.

Last edited:
I know everyone has different opinions on the event, but here is a perspective of someone who participated in the event. For background I started in EU back in May of 06 played pretty regularly with low deposits for a couple years and in an out since then. Past couple years been mostly out other than to log in to prevent account deletion.

I really appreciated getting a survey from MA. I know they should read the forums and be listening to everyone who plays all the time, I agree with you. But it was nice to be able to provide feedback directly to them. The survey and the CLD's are what brought me back to Entropia.

Results of the survey - I have deposited several hundred dollars since then, participated in the event and hunted more than I have in years especially since I mostly mine. I of course lost money on the event, but had fun doing it. I plan on participating a fair amount for the forseeable future and am looking at investing significantly more money in the game (well relatively significant for me).

I have to assume that at least 10 other players followed my same path which should pay for the event. Anything we spend after that is gravy for entropia. Not to mention I am the type person who automatically advertises for whatever I am involved with and in the past have brought in a couple players.

I agree with everyone that communication(s) can improve, but that will always be the case in any business. I appreciate that they are trying to improve and that's worth a lot. We have come a long way from what it was like in 06. I hope the active player survey and event provides what most of you are looking for.

My 2 pecs.

Status
Back