Guess the weekly CLD payouts after Diablo III release

wizzszz

Marauder
Banned
Society
Jurai Blood
Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
Diablo III comes March 15th, that's a tuesday.

Post here the three weekly payout per CLD after the release for the following three weeks:

Monday, May 21st
Monday, May 28th
Monday, June 4th

in that order, seperated by semicolons.

Example: 9.87; 6.54; 3.21

All guesses have to be posted here before Sunday, May 21st 23:59 EU time (UTC).

The winner will be determined this way:

X = (REAL_PAYOUT - GUESSED_VALUE);

Z = X*X;

P = Z (for May 21st) + Z (for May 28th) + Z (for June 4th)

Lowest P wins, if there are more entries with equal P, first entry wins.

Entries not following the exact format will be disqualified.
Entries with more or less than 3 values wil be disqualified.

Should any other things arise that need to be determined:
Thread starter decides

What can we win?

Eternal fame, of course!!!

And the title "Best Diablo outage predictor", which you can put in your signature, in red, bold and big letters (max size 4 though)!

(hey, you get the fun already, you shouldn't ask for more!)

:silly2:

Not the first time I see a mention of D3 in context of EU and every time I wonder why would release of the former affect the latter. These two are so different that only casuals who play everything they can lay their hands on may abandon EU for this passing fad, but it's not the casuals who generate the most of decay.

Anyway, here are my numbers, and the decline on the second week isn't because of D3 but because of Ark's first anniversary event :D

4.55; 2.35; 3.65

I don't know what diablo III is. Waiting for Half-life 3 though.

Not the first time I see a mention of D3 in context of EU and every time I wonder why would release of the former affect the latter. These two are so different that only casuals who play everything they can lay their hands on may abandon EU for this passing fad, but it's not the casuals who generate the most of decay.

can we guess the weekly payout after GTA 5 is out too?

I think the point that is being made is that Diablo 3 will have a real cash economy that runs in partner with a separate ingame economy.

In short, Diablo 3 will give players the ability to buy and sell items with real money and to withdraw funds.

If it is implemented properly, some players may leave Entropia for Diablo 3. If this happens, I assume CLD payouts will decrease.

Just to add, Diablo 3 will allow you to withdraw your money to a 3rd party payer such as PayPal.

The downside is Diablo 3s real cash economy is actually broken into 3 regions. So players in the America's can't buy and sell with players in Europe.

Diablo 3 will have a maximum limit of 500$ allowed on the "PED" card. This means one would be allowed to bid a maximum of 500$ only which kinda` limits the market to 500$ per most expensive item.

This will be a turn-off for many looking for RCE alternative. Also, the RCE won`t work in some areas like in Russia for eg(no withdrawals allowed) or parts of Asia(no real money auction).

It also limits traders looking to buy and trade goods.

Too bad Blizzard decided to go interventionist and cripple the economy like that. It`s dumb and major turn off.

The 500$ limit on the real money auction house in d3, is actually a 250$ limit, but it is a per item limit. so max 1 item can sell for is 250$ each. blizz has said they will raise this as time goes on if the need is there. but want a limit in place at launch for security reasons as they work out the connections with paypal.

That said, if your a auction house trader of high caliber you owe it to yourself to consider d3 auctions during the chaos of the first few months, you may actually "get rich".

Though for farmers like myself, it provides a basically no cost way to farm for items I can sell for real money...which is what I was looking for (and didn't find) when I came to EU.

However the fast paced nature and extreme difficulty of (inferno level diablo 3), will cause it to not permanently take many casual players from EU.

That said 1 hour of sweating vrs 1 hour of a action game that has chance to drop $250 real value items, where do you think the "free" players will be?

My prediction is
1.5, 2.7, 3.2

Edit: blizz has said they will be watching the real money auction house and if its a success they may choose to use the rce auction model on future games too.

I think EU just lost its niche as being only RCE game around.

Last edited:
i m in the RUSE Black Hole since some months.......
in topic
i don t think the diablo release will make any difference.........in effect i think MA is paying back with the money gained with the same CLD and when those money will be over MA will go bankrupt, but hey i can be wrong!

3; 4; 5

Just a random guess... because I don't see DIII impacting EU much. I might go and get in to DIII someday, but it's most likely like DII was, and you'll need at least two full installations to have a descent mule system setup... and I doubt they'll even let that happen so will banning people left and right for even thinking about doing something like that even if borther/sister/mom/dad/dog all have different computers on the same router? Storage in EU is a huge luxury vs DII. Over there you had to have the cube to really store much, and even then it gets hard to keep the good stuff since you are constantly running out or room and having to either throw out or sell off what you got. Also, not sure if DIII will be the same, but in DII, if you character didn't get logged on to in 90 days it died off, along with anything that happened to be on it at the time!

Also, DII got old very, very fast due to the spammers. Can't go for 5 minutes in there these days without spam, even if you have password on a private game, etc.

Last edited:
3; 4; 5

Just a random guess... because I don't see DIII impacting EU much. I might go and get in to DIII someday, but it's most likely like DII was, and you'll need at least two full installations to have a descent mule system setup...

Actually they have a shared iventory between all 10 characters, which you can upgrade into many many tabs for in game gold.

Also, not sure if DIII will be the same, but in DII, if you character didn't get logged on to in 90 days it died off, along with anything that happened to be on it at the time!
that was for competitive ladder play, regardless is not an issue in d3

Also, DII got old very, very fast due tot eh spammers. Can't go for 5 minutes in there these days without spam, even if you have password on a private game, etc.

This is why d3 is server side, those people will be banned quickly and be out a $60 battle net account.

really your arguments against d2 are valid, and have been addressed by the developers for d3 imo. I just happen to follow this shit like crazy :)

really your arguments against d2 are valid, and have been addressed by the developers for d3 imo. I just happen to follow this shit like crazy :)
Fair enough. Might have to buy d3 now since you got me interested. Wonder how long it'll take Mindark to create a "King" maturity level for an Armax mob boss, lol.

Last edited:
3.12; 4.04; 4.37

D3, is really actually going to happen?!?!? finally :beerchug:

3.7; 3.8; 3.7

J.

Diablo 3 will have a maximum limit of 500$ allowed on the "PED" card. This means one would be allowed to bid a maximum of 500$ only which kinda` limits the market to 500$ per most expensive item.

This will be a turn-off for many looking for RCE alternative. Also, the RCE won`t work in some areas like in Russia for eg(no withdrawals allowed) or parts of Asia(no real money auction).

It also limits traders looking to buy and trade goods.

Too bad Blizzard decided to go interventionist and cripple the economy like that. It`s dumb and major turn off.

Trust me - that wont be an issue... Most I have seen diablo 2 items go for on ebay was around 300 US$ and thats a few of them. Major economy RMT will revolve around 10$ mark which is actually sane and acceptable amount for a VIDEO GAME !!!!

And limited market wont be an issue when, u see, there are already several 10s of thousands ppl who prepaid diablo 3 in europe ;) (me being one of those)

I say 3.45, 2.34, 2.12

Regards

I.

You have three guesses - get them in! :yay:

*bump*

3.68; 2.76; 3.88

Falagor
:bandit:

Only three days left - hazard a guess, i promise it won't hurt!

:yay:

So in Diablo III, it will not be possible to depo 100.000 USD from slave trade in say Saudi, or coke traffic in Colombia, bid them all to a buddy ava's item at AH, and retrieve the money in US with no worries alltogether about money laudering?

BASTARDS!

I would answer to the OP challenge, but I have no idea about CLD payouts and without a monetary prize, I'll not bother to look it up :D.

Waiting for that every-6-months-financial report from MA though, really eager to see if all this CLD business bringed the books into the black.

So in Diablo III, it will not be possible to depo 100.000 USD from slave trade in say Saudi, or coke traffic in Colombia, bid them all to a buddy ava's item at AH, and retrieve the money in US with no worries alltogether about money laudering?

You can't in Entropia either. Whats your next stupid slur going to be?

Only three days left - hazard a guess, i promise it won't hurt!

:yay:

It`s very likely this new MA event will offset any temporary losses due to those trying out Diablo.

Keep in mind, though, that Diablo won`t get any content updates(besides overdue content eg pvp) and most people will stop playing once they finish the game and return to Entropia.

Only a small hardcore minority will stay on and play through again and again, over various difficulty settings.

Keep in mind, though, that Diablo won`t get any content updates(besides overdue content eg pvp) and most people will stop playing once they finish the game and return to Entropia.

And EU gets content updates every other week? ;)

However, i've asked for the first three weeks, not for the next hundred payouts.
(Sssh, it's just a fun thing...!)

I always say it like I see it ... D3 wouldn't do shit to EU economy ... I think it will be a good thing , because ppl will get a taste of RCE in D3 as it will be way more mainstream but limited and then come to EU for a bigger fix ... Kinda like the progression from marijuana to crack lol

You can't in Entropia either. Whats your next stupid slur going to be?

But of course.. you HAD to post some moronic line instead of telling me WHY is not possible?

Somebody said that the 500 limit in Diablo is bad - I think it will keep things under lid and not putting each to other throats while hoping to score big. I think 500 USD limit is in place EXACTLY to limit such incidents.

Are you aware of any security checks about the provenience of the money entering the game (in large or small batches), or you just assume?

I always say it like I see it ... D3 wouldn't do shit to EU economy ... I think it will be a good thing , because ppl will get a taste of RCE in D3 as it will be way more mainstream but limited and then come to EU for a bigger fix ... Kinda like the progression from marijuana to crack lol

I fully agree. It`s exactly what I`ve been saying here.

I`m pretty sure Diablo might act as a "gateway drug" into Entropia as it`s basically a severely amputated RCE version of what we have here.:laugh:

Back