MindArk Recruits New CTO From Ericsson

Fredy Olafson

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Daniel Fredy Olafson
GOTHENBURG, Sweden, May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MindArk, developer and publisher of the largest real money MMO, announced today that it has appointed Klas Moreau, formerly of Ericsson, as its Chief Technology Officer. This is a newly created position which will aid the company is keeping its flagship, the Entropia Universe MMO, at the pinnacle of new technologies.

"I am very happy that we have managed to recruit one of Ericsson's top R&D executives. The timing is perfect since Mindark is now ramping up both development and marketing efforts substantially," says Jan Welter Timkrans, Mindark's Chairman of the Board.

Previously Klas Moreau was Head of Business Unit Command, Control and Applications at Ericsson, the Swedish Telecom Giant. He has held several other R&D management positions within Ericsson, managing 150 or more employees. Mr. Moreau has over 15 years of management experience with global multi-national, multi-cultural organizations using technology-based business models.

"I will ensure there is a solid foundation that enables Entropia Universe to grow significantly, both in the number of participants and in their global reach. My goal is for Entropia Universe to double its number of participants by the end of 2013," said Klas Moreau.

"I've been a gamer since the days of the Commodore 64. Now I have the opportunity to combine my gaming interest with my leadership abilities and passion for technology."

Klas' solid understanding of technology, combined with his business acumen makes him a valuable asset to the company and all of its planet partners. Klas Moreau starts work at Mindark in May, 2012. MindArk owns Entropia Universe which has over one million registered accounts and over $400 million USD per year in user-to-user transactions. For more information on MindArk or the Citizenship System please visit www.entropiauniverse.com.

entropia planets was faster, so they deserve all credits for this one .
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/mindark-recruits-new-cto-from-ericsson.7677/

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/mindark-recruits-new-cto-from-ericsson-151333175.html

welcome sir,and looking forward to another million of registered account at the end of 19 months from now . good luck !

Sounds intresting!

Hope he achieves his goal :)

MA getting the big cannons ready, was about time!

cheers,

I wish him good luck and much success!! :headbang:

Just a small note

He said he wanted to double participants, not registered users.

There is a difference.

But, if he meets his goal, I for one will be a very happy participant anyway!

It also means Universe Wide, they don't all have to be on Calypso ;)

Oh look, a new guy with nice guys who will quickly realize how silly they are...:laugh:

Oh look, a new guy with nice guys who will quickly realize how silly they are...:laugh:

Could you be so kind to explain what you mean ... not sure I understand ??

Interesting development. I would have guessed one of Nokia's officers would have come cheaper, but based on their leadership over the last few years, maybe not worth even that. :rolleyes:

Here's to hoping he achieves his goal without increasing alts and zombies.

Double the income for CLD's!

*RUBS HANDS TOGETHER IN GLEE*

:yay:

He said he wanted to double participants, not registered users.

There is a difference.

But, if he meets his goal, I for one will be a very happy participant anyway!

Then soon i will se ---> your rank is 142 of 7000 in Entropia tracker ( in hunting ).:lolup:

He said " My goal is for Entropia Universe to double its number of participants by the end of 2013 ".

So i will se in 1 and 1/2 year.

Last edited:
Then soon i will se ---> your rank is 142 of 7000 in Entropia tracker ( in hunting ).:lolup:

8000, but having even 7000 would be good though, wouldn't it?

At least for me, the general level of hunting returns seems to roughly track the "out of xxx" level in tracker, so it can only get better.

Awesome news and a nice goal! This is going to be very interesting!

Investment in uber-gear as it is.

Sounds good, can never be bad to add some people with experience in working at a big global tech company.

Well new blood in MA's office can only be a good thing!Advertise and bring in more junkies i mean playaaa's.:wtg: And lower the cost to play? (I guess we shouldnt wish for the moon should we).

Could you be so kind to explain what you mean ... not sure I understand ??
You don't think he will double the player base, do you? :D

Sounds good, can never be bad to add some people with experience in working at a big global tech company.

Can't disagree with you more.

Ericsson has nearly as bad business skills as Mindark does. And how this guy is going to double the number of participants? I would rather see a talented artist doing the efforts, not some pure business man. The results would be totally different.

This all seems to me that some Swedish guy needed a safe job, and you can try guess which company "got" him. A new chapter to the book "History of Mindark's favoritism".

This all seems to me that some Swedish guy needed a safe job, and you can try guess which company "got" him. A new chapter to the book "History of Mindark's favoritism".

What the fuck are you talking about? :scratch2:

What the fuck are you talking about? :scratch2:

I don't understand tone of your voice, but I still reply...

What's the function of this guy? He's from R&D department of Ericsson, where MA needs him? It's about the same if you or me would be hired. He isn't familiar working with games, but I bet his salary will much higher than my average loot so why they hired him? I think there's many talented fellas OUTSIDE OF SWEDEN... that's the point of favoritism...

To improve software, to improve performance of the servers and to provide more ways that EU can be used.

They've obviously exploited all the talent they have at the moment and need someone new to provide fresh ideas and approaches to the platform.

They won't employ someone to sit on their hands all day this guys been brought in to give the dev team fresh leadership.

Yes they could have gone outside of Sweden but then they'll have the language barrier to contend with.

What's the function of this guy? He's from R&D department of Ericsson, where MA needs him? It's about the same if you or me would be hired. He isn't familiar working with games, but I bet his salary will much higher than my average loot so why they hired him? I think there's many talented fellas OUTSIDE OF SWEDEN... that's the point of favoritism...

Are you actually saying they hired him because he is Swedish? That is the most ridiculus assertion I have read all day.

Are you actually saying they hired him because he is Swedish? That is the most ridiculus assertion I have read all day.

Yes, and I also meant that Swedes aren't very skilled or talented.

Edit. for those who don't understand sarcasm:

What's the point of shouting out that you are going to double the number of participants, if you really know that you are just doing job which doesn't straight affect to number of participants in anyway...

Can't disagree with you more.

Ericsson has nearly as bad business skills as Mindark does. And how this guy is going to double the number of participants? I would rather see a talented artist doing the efforts, not some pure business man. The results would be totally different.

Lol. What? Why on earth to you say that Ericsson have bad business skills? No company will be market leader if they had bad business skills.

Lol. What? Why on earth to you say that Ericsson have bad business skills? No company will be market leader if they had bad business skills.

Care to remember that Sony bought Ericsson out of mobile phone venture? And I happen to think that Apple is still market leader at the moment...

Care to remember that Sony bought Ericsson out of mobile phone venture? And I happen to think that Apple is still market leader at the moment...

How does that in any way reflect on the guy MindArk hired? :scratch2:

If MA just lowers the cost per hour to play, then they might even triple the amount of active participants by 2013!

Reactions: Mir
How does that in any way reflect on the guy MindArk hired? :scratch2:

Man, what's your problem? If this disturbs you, you can always go back moaning more Mindforce chips in other topics... As if you didn't happen to see I was asked off topic question, which I answered. And in my opinion Mindark shouldn't hire any guy, who don't have something which isn't really needed to game succeed, otherwise it just affects our loots and economy.

By making sure servers don't crash, backups are done in a way that playing is not disrupted, that developers take care to profile the application, better prioritization of bug fixing, making sure any promises on feature are realistic and are delivered on time.

Technology companies deliver quality by having the right kind of processes in place.

By making sure servers don't crash, backups are done in a way that playing is not disrupted, that developers take care to profile the application, better prioritization of bug fixing, making sure any promises on feature are realistic and are delivered on time.

Technology companies deliver quality by having the right kind of processes in place.

And this gets more players ingame? Doubles the number of participants? :eyecrazy:

So what do we know about this Ex-Eriksson worker. Whay dont he work there anymore.:confused:

Back