Big Depositors - lets start doing business with each other

But Sub-zero, if someone brags about withdrawing money, why would I want to buy from them? I want my peds to stay here. Anyone with any economical sense would agree. I do see that you are not who I am talking about...a non-depositor who never withdraws doesn't harm the game that much. You are right. I am just trying to find a way to help insure my peds spent stay in the game as long as possible.

But again, depositors keep this game going...especially the big ones, and I want to help them more and buy from them more than I do a person who doesnt deposit. Plain and simple.

But...If we all played like you, how long do you think the servers would stay up?

Not a lot of people have the willpower to play this game for such a long time as a non depositor, I gave in after 4 years+.

I agree that big depositors are very important for the game. They fuel the loot pool most. And btw about people that brag about having withdrawn. I'm happy for them. At least some people are making money in this game. So it is possible.. this still gives me hope. For me if I wanna buy something, idk from who it's from. All I care about is the price. I've never been a big depositor so I cannot see from your point of view. Sry. I think that this list can affect the game in a bad way for non depositors (People might use it, and choose not to trade with any non depositor on the list). That's why I'm against it.

Most miners and crafters don't do that to lose ped (aside from low level mining amp gamblers, who mostly just tt the amps). So you'll have to buy all the stuff you use from hunters, the ones who deposit. Those hunters will undoubtedly buy stuff from people who don't deposit, or they'll buy stuff from people who deposit, who bought stuff from people who don't deposit. Your only solution is to use almost entirely unlimited gear, and/or craft/loot everything you use yourself.

Let's do some Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

There is two persons:

1) Proud depositor, 200$ monthly deposits, active globo-hoffing
2) Proud non-depositor, 200$ monthly withdrawals, active globo-hoffing

Question: Who will indirectly bring more people in game?

(A) Person 1
(B) Person 2
(C) Both equally
(D) Skies Falling

Person 1, because he increases the loot pool and propagate the game. End of the f@##$%ing story. I see your point in saying that the "dream" of withdrawing $200/mo would in fact induce new players to try the game, but last time I checked, if any business loses 200$ enough times, they either screw the remaining customers, or they close their doors, so wtf kind of question is this?

Uncomfortable? NO.... It is mainly cuz I don't know wtf you are saying :)

Ok, let's make it simple: people coming in EU because there is nice possibility to deposit big, or because there is nice possibility to make profit?

Ok, let's make it simple: people coming in EU because there is nice possibility to deposit big, or because there is nice possibility to make profit?

I guess most come with hope for nice gameplay, hunting fun, skills, loot, items, yes maybe profit and not to much annoying bugs and leave then because of the same reasons. Thats why we have 1-5% of the playerbase we should have.

So you are saying I should buy from people who withdraw because it gets more people here who never played? Well, guess what...I would rather support the ones already here rather than support a withdrawer. So what if a person who withdraws might tangentially bring in a few more noobs. There is far more damaging webmaterial for potential new players to read that centers around DEPOSITORS losing money. So I think it would be more important to limit how much the depositors lose if you want to get more people here.

Who cares if people with "dreams" of hitting it big come here...they all leave right away anyhow. I would rather have educated people come here knowing that though they may not make it rich, at least they won't get their ass handed to them.

Last edited:
Ok had enough ... Answer to your questions in short and hard truth is ... Everyone would get better returns if there were no non depositors ... It's simple Maths .... Also there will be a lot more positive vibe in this game because everyone would stop complaining because they will know that everyone else is depositing as well as them .... Main cause of complains are because of the lack of loot created by the financial void creted by the non depositing freeloading players ... There I said it!!!
This maybe true in some ways. But this game is F2P - Free to Play

Do you think people would give this game a chance if it wasn't? (Only gambler's would). The whole marketing aspect of this game is basically just this illusion. That you can play this game for free and if lucky enough earn money. Now if you guys don't like that, stop complaining about the non depositors complain to MA that they made the game like this.
Now for you people that say non depositors do not "pay" to play this game, that's totally mistaken, the amount of time and effort they put into the game + maybe they show the game to their friends, and they might join and eventually might start depositing after awhile. And all their decay goes back into the loot pool, so if the non depositor never withdraws it won't hurt the game.

In a non depositors eye. Money = Time. Non depositors have to spend 50x more time to try to earn money than a depositor, and this is how it should be otherwise it would be unfair.

Main goal of EU? -Profit.
Main goal of almost every serious player? (my answer) - To earn and withdraw as much as possible with as low cost as possible!
This is RCE not some childish game.

II eye II

Once you have your lists, will you be actively avoiding any information gathered by non-depositors, like tutorials, wiki entries, maps, eco-charts, etc?

Perhaps wiki should restrict access to only those people who have added to it X number of times.

As you say, you have not really thought through the full complexity of your suggestion. Yes, EU needs depositors, but that does not translate to non-depositors being leeches.

How about the guy who depos $100/month, and withdraws $1600 each year? Leech, or "good person to do business with"?

Good luck with your efforts, I hope you bring in many depositors with this plan.

So you are saying I should buy from people who withdraw because it gets more people here who never played? Well, guess what...I would rather support the ones already here rather than support a withdrawer. So what if a person who withdraws might tangentially bring in a few more noobs. There is far more damaging webmaterial for potential new players to read that centers around DEPOSITORS losing money. So I think it would be more important to limit how much the depositors lose if you want to get more people here.

Who cares if people with "dreams" of hitting it big come here...they all leave right away anyhow. I would rather have educated people come here knowing that though they may not make it rich, at least they won't get their ass handed to them.

Non-depositors don't only attract non-depositors. They probably attract many more depositors who have dreams of becoming a non-depositor. Without the non-depositors showing it can be done, none of those depositing hopefuls are here.

Non-depositors don't only attract non-depositors. They probably attract many more depositors who have dreams of becoming a non-depositor. Without the non-depositors showing it can be done, none of those depositing hopefuls are here.

Yup. In my first 9 months (without depo) I was able to draw in 3 of my mates, who are all still active, and have all depo'd far more than I ever will.

I have been averaging over $1k USD/month for over the past year...it was less during the years before that. I have averaged around $500USD/month during my avatars lifetime.

sorry mate , im my club we only accept ppl who deposit 5k usd or more per month, you are just not good enough for us, try harder ...

:p

of course the opening poster has the right to deal with who ever he wants, and not deal with whoever he wants.

so, i assume everyone calling non-depositors leaches in here paid to get their RL job/study, they didnt use their RL skills and a little bit of luck and time to get that job/study place, so, i assume those people that paid to gain their position in society can call everyone who applied themselves leaches?

Just like in the real world there is a trade off between time/skills/money, its what makes the economy survive the way it does.

People like bill gates and the late steve jobs are not skilled successful people, they are just leaches on society?
I also have seen the argument that this is a hobby and you pay for your hobby it does not pay you.
So only someone who has a lot of money or is prepared to spend a lot of money is allowed to enjoy their hobby?
The photographer with talent who hires himself out or creates art that sells to pay for his equipment is just a leach?
The golfer who caddies to afford the nice clubs is also just a leach?

Out there in the real world people would champion someone who succeeded through nothing but dedication and hard work, it is aspirational.

Out in the real world people would be horrified by the idea that only those with a lot of money have any right to succeed.

If people are unhappy with the level of their deposits there is nobody forcing them to do it.
If people who deposit heavily and lose and chose to blame non-depositors then that is their choice, but it wont change why they are losing heavily.
Of course this universe needs people paying for it to survive, but i think people are deluding themselves if they point the fingers at non-depositors as a reason for their or MA's lack of success.

Yeah this got off track...I have no problem with non-depositors. Hell I would be fine paying twice as much for sweat if it gave a hard-working sweat-gatherer a greater chance to hang around longer and try out the game and learn. But if I want to steer my business towards people that are in the same boat as me (Depositors) That is my choice. If I want to steer my business away from people who withdraw, I have every right to. It doesn't mean I am against anyones existence in the game. (I also supported sweaters raising their prices in other threads). I just truly believe that if I want to buy 50 Ark-30 jungles or 100 amps, then I would rather do it from someone who depositing a lot (and probably therefore losing more money) than someone who is not depositing.

But the fact remains...there is no way to know who deposited what or when they did, or who withdrew. It is a muddy area. But I have an idea of who is who after reading the forums for years, I was just trying to figure out a way to sort it all out. Maybe 3 categories: 1. Depositors over $500 USD 2. All other depositors 3. Non-depositors and or people who actively withdraw.
Maybe no categories...maybe it IS too grey of an area to draw bright-lines within. But my initial motivation remains the same, if you are a depositor...let me know where your shops are or what you can sell, and I will try to buy from you.

Last edited:
I have a monthly deposit budget.
I have a booth on Next Island. (between the Island Girl revival and the teleport)
I have a booth on Rocktropia at the City of Dreams Teleporter. (empty waiting the upgrade at the end of the month right now)
I have a shop on Rocktropia at the Tangerine shopping area.

I mainly focus on low lvl players and teaching new to lower mid lvl how to play cheaper for fun.
I do not discriminate against the Aristocracy though :p So if your ever around I am willing to trade w/ you.

narfi

ps. You motivated me to start a poll.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?228034-Big-Depositers-The-Reality-Poll

I want to buy 50 Ark-30 jungles or 100 amps, [/B]

Just a thought if you're playing on Calypso buying 50 Ark-30 jungles must go against you're believes since it should be more important for you to support the people spending decay hunting and mining on Calypso or am i getting this all wrong :scratch2:

Its so hard to have clear post in this forum? how somebody come up whit somthing hope all the spamers :mad::mad:

Yeah this got off track...

Maybe 3 categories: 1. Depositors over $500 USD 2. All other depositors 3. Non-depositors and or people who actively withdraw.
Maybe no categories...maybe it IS too grey of an area to draw bright-lines within. But my initial motivation remains the same, if you are a depositor...let me know where your shops are or what you can sell, and I will try to buy from you.

Hi group ;p, i admit it, i'm a depositor, some months were over $500, but i'm trying not to do that anymore as i can't really afford to, it even makes enjoying EU impossible for me if it costs too much money (don't have a fixed job, i have no money to go on holidays several yrs in a row, i don't own a house, or even a microwave or laptop or ... not that any of that is so important perhaps but just trying to explain that too much loss in EU creates stress for me as i don't have a great financial situation).
I don't have a shop, too expensive :/, and my loot usually doesn't have much markup either, selling through auction what i can.

What I want to say is just that:

There is no VIPs in that game. Depositing, not-depositing - doesn't matter, system treats both types the same. If someone come here with 2.5m and invested in CLDs - cool! If someone come here with empty pockets and made something - cool!

I just will not tolerate words like: depositors better and more significant than non-depositors, or opposite - doesn't matter.

What I want to say is just that:

There is no VIPs in that game. Depositing, not-depositing - doesn't matter, system treats both types the same. If someone come here with 2.5m and invested in CLDs - cool! If someone come here with empty pockets and made something - cool!

I just will not tolerate words like: depositors better and more significant than non-depositors, or opposite - doesn't matter.

I agree pretty much with this post, but it goes against all your previous ones saying that withdrawers are better people (because they bring other players into the game. So you are being hypocritical I would say :)

I AM A SEPARATIST AND WANT TO MAKE A KLAN!!!

Fixed that for you, your ferkin Highness.

I'll make sure to "M'Lord" ya everytime I see you...

:/

Tippin'

I agree pretty much with this post, but it goes against all your previous ones saying that withdrawers are better people (because they bring other players into the game. So you are being hypocritical I would say :)

1. Don't mess protecting non-depositors with stating them as "better". (also calling them withdrawers)
2. I never stated somewhere that non-depositors better, I just point at what they actually doing for game
3. By stating from my side that non-depositors better - I then saying that depositors sux - which is idiocy.
---
summary:
depositors: financial support
non-depos: best advertisement

Feel free to add me, I more then exceed the cutoff point. I wont be playing much at all as its summer now but I do just love crafting and will be active again come fall. The way I deposit is strange but for good reason!

http://www.ctrlaltdelete.ca/images/wellspent.JPG

Soc "Depositors Anonymous" - nice idea.

"Hello, my name is John and I am depositor"

*applause*

It will be a nice change from ...

"Hello I am a non depositor ... you depositors cant play the game because you are stupid... but I am happy to take your charitable dollars!"
:handjob:

BTW... all depositors should read this -
[h=3]Make a stand! Join me![/h]

I think this thread needs to be locked, this is discrimination towards non depositors. We all have different play styles. You have no idea how hard it is to play this game as a non depositor, and with this thread you will only make it more difficult for the non depositors. Imagine a noob joins the game, plays for a week. Then he has gotten enough ped for a gun. But some player come tells him. Ah I ain't gonna trade with you, you're a non depositor.

How do you think the newbie would react? Hmph what a nice community. Good bye. That's would probably be his reaction. While if the seller would've sold to the gun to the newbie, maybe later on, the newbie might have deposited. And fuel the loot-pool.

GTFOH, discrimination?
LOL... if I choose McDonalds over BK, am I discriminating?
Most people on this forum don't even understand the definition of the words they're using.

The guy has a desire to trade with fellow depositors, what is the big deal? GTFOH.

The guy has a desire to trade with fellow depositors, what is the big deal? GTFOH.

There's no proplem there...Not one bit.

It's his fucking attitude about it.

Plus, if ya read further back, he's a fucking hypocrite as well.

{removed}

Tippin'

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry mate , im my club we only accept ppl who deposit 5k usd or more per month, you are just not good enough for us, try harder ...

:p

So he doesn't meet your (fake) criteria? That's unfortunate. However I bet he doesn't go nuts about it and take offense. You have your (fake) criteria, he doesn't fit it.
Kinda like the height requirement at McDonalds play areas...

Piss on this dude.

Tippin'

I read the whole thread...

OP wants to spend his money on products produced by depositors then people who don't fit his criteria flipped out and started trolling the thread.

That's the whole thread in one sentence.

I read the whole thread...

OP wants to spend his money on products produced by depositors. People who don't fit this criteria flipped out and started trolling the thread.

That's the whole thread in one sentence.

Again, that's fine.

I guess I took it personally like he thinks he's better than others.
It sure looks that way too me, but I am an stupid asshole anyway.

No prob. I raged and let my "opinion" of his "opinion" out so screw it...He can still Kiss My Grits (Flo). :D

Laterz.

Tippin'

Piss on this dude.

Tippin'

"aj502

aj502 "HellRoach" Budweiser
Society
The MotorBoating Chinesers
Images

Haven't deposited one ferkin cent to these guys."

That is your quote on another thread. Is is ok if I add you to the list of non-depositors? :)

Back