Throwing down the gauntlet

5% defensive costs seems unreasonable. Quite possible with slow attacking monsters and average armor, never happens with aurli/sharks/otorugi (tagged from afar, if 2 or more are attacking, I usually spawn a plane and back up) and armor higher than grem. With grem, my lowest has been 5% on armor only not including fap. In my experience, 10% is pretty reasonable as average players don't have 60 evade, mod faps, PotE, etc.

Another question: Can I only take the challenge with one activity, e.g. mining? Would I have to include hunting/crafting in-between mining runs?

Seems like this would help keep me interested if I go with vat-100/beast to finish the 10k mission on feffs (8k to go by august), and the results would help the community. I've done a couple of low feff runs with the vat-100 already around Fort Fury, and over like 3 200 ped runs it's been around 50%. Another test with the vat also was 50% on tiarak on Ark. However, defensive costs are around 2%, usually 2-3 ped on armor, 1-2 ped on fap. If I do do this challenge, I would take off the sights/scopes as they are just too annoying to keep track of decay.

edit: checked the vat: 5.2/7.2 hit/crit, 14.2-38/19.0-38 damage, 61/61 attacks, 52.6/55 range.

Quick note though: for hunters, especially those using UL, you should check dam/pec and dam/pec vs skills. It's pretty dramatic when I play with the tools at entropedia. Without the beast, the vat comes under 2.8 dam/pec at maximum skills, ~2.84 with. With my skills, it might be under 2.8 again. Under 2.8 is a losing proposition in this game, imho.

Last edited:
good point. Hopefully each person taking part will record video of every minute of the hunt and post em on youtube?

You could have a qualifier round, and if found to be eligible, a closer tracking method for 1v1 tracking can be used. Like hunting team, scanning mining items and screenshots, video logs, inventory text snapshots, etc.

good point. Hopefully each person taking part will record video of every minute of the hunt and post em on youtube?

This would rule me out. I have many personal conversations in this game, and I won't share them with the world. Ill do a detailed log and screenshots though. ill start my first hunt tonight and open a new thread with the details. Unless real life pops up. It is friday night afterall.

Sorry i didn't bother reading through the whole thread, but is this hunting only? Since you didn't mention anything about professions in OP but mentioned "ammo" briefly.

Edit:
Okay, bad me.
Obviously my eyes completedly skipped this:
"The activities must be reasonable*, i.e. no mining FOMA with high level amps, no using sib weapons or BPs that you do not have the skills for, no overamping weapons/shooting in the air, no crafting high TT BPs on condition etc. The activities should be of the sort that are generally considered reasonable by the community for someone with a ped buffer of 2-3k ped."

Nvm, carry on.

Also damn it, my last 10k peds in TT came back with ~75% TT out :/
Surely if EU keeps going this way it won't be hard to get under 70% regularly.

Last edited:
You could have a qualifier round, and if found to be eligible, a closer tracking method for 1v1 tracking can be used. Like hunting team, scanning mining items and screenshots, video logs, inventory text snapshots, etc.

wouldnt it just be easier if he sat in the persons lap as they played?

Currently I do not even get enough time in-game to do all the things I'd like to, so I'm afraid teaming is not an option at the moment. If noone follows up seriously on the challenge in the next few weeks I'll look at redesigning the terms in a way that may better suit your budget. For now I'll wait and see though.

Guess I was not clear - i meant if you wanted to be in a team (not shooting) so you could see what i looted - basically I am saying I am confident enough that I will not get 70% i would let you choose all the terms of how I approach the challenge.

My 2 pecs.....

1+yrs hunting = over 100% so far with few major globals.

I know its not popular to be winning atm but I have been.

My 2 pecs.....

1+yrs hunting = over 100% so far with few major globals.

I know its not popular to be winning atm but I have been.

This post should have specified NO MA STAFFER forum accounts aloud ! :lolup:

This post should have specified NO MA STAFFER forum accounts aloud ! :lolup:

So first im the guy who bought 2.5 million worth of land deeds and now im a staffer :laugh:

Im not on staff but Devs if you are reading this I think you should hire me I will accept peds for deliverables.

Females and/or living in Sweden is an automatic disqualification. :D

I know another one from sweden claiming TT RR >100% :)

Just one question... perhaps it was already answered but I missed it... how are you going to verify that people don't simply lie about how much loot they got?

I can't, unfortunately, if someone really wants to cheat me out of the ped that's between them and their own personal moral code. 1000 ped is not going to bankrupt me, nor do I think it is enough to warrant the time and effort that someone would have to go through to fabricate the results, but if someone does that so be it. They would have to do a pretty thorough job job, as i'll be looking at the data quite carefully. If it smells wrong to me I'll open it up to the community to make the decision.

5% defensive costs seems unreasonable. Quite possible with slow attacking monsters and average armor, never happens with aurli/sharks/otorugi (tagged from afar, if 2 or more are attacking, I usually spawn a plane and back up) and armor higher than grem. With grem, my lowest has been 5% on armor only not including fap. In my experience, 10% is pretty reasonable as average players don't have 60 evade, mod faps, PotE, etc.

Another question: Can I only take the challenge with one activity, e.g. mining? Would I have to include hunting/crafting in-between mining runs?

Seems like this would help keep me interested if I go with vat-100/beast to finish the 10k mission on feffs (8k to go by august), and the results would help the community. I've done a couple of low feff runs with the vat-100 already around Fort Fury, and over like 3 200 ped runs it's been around 50%. Another test with the vat also was 50% on tiarak on Ark. However, defensive costs are around 2%, usually 2-3 ped on armor, 1-2 ped on fap. If I do do this challenge, I would take off the sights/scopes as they are just too annoying to keep track of decay.

edit: checked the vat: 5.2/7.2 hit/crit, 14.2-38/19.0-38 damage, 61/61 attacks, 52.6/55 range.

Quick note though: for hunters, especially those using UL, you should check dam/pec and dam/pec vs skills. It's pretty dramatic when I play with the tools at entropedia. Without the beast, the vat comes under 2.8 dam/pec at maximum skills, ~2.84 with. With my skills, it might be under 2.8 again. Under 2.8 is a losing proposition in this game, imho.

Fair point about the armour costs, I think it depends a lot on the mob an the weapon being used. For the last argo event my weapon costs were under 50 ped on a 1000 ped hunt, and that was with 5 or 6 argo's an me pretty much all the time.

One activity is fine, but I would ask that you include all the runs in that particular proffession, to prevent someone doing say 15 hunting runs and just posting the 5 worst. I'll be looking at tracker to see if people have been ommiting the good runs, but again I will have to largely rely on people's honesty.

Good luck to us both :). I'll be following you with interest as your setup is quite similar to mine.

Ok, assuming that someone has not yet claimed the prizes by the time migration starts I will do the challenge on Eomon. Here is the setup that I would generally use, let me know if something is a problem with it.

Angel Armor
Fapper fappin me with my GryoFap 30 Smuggler t3.3 with heal enhancers
myself having a ur125 with no enh for big crit hit recovery
ARK40 Smuggler t6.7 with dmg enh. (enhancers broken cost wouldnt not be calculated)
Jungle Stalker T5.2 with range or dmg enhancers for pullin mobs and getting them within ark40 range
amp combinations could be evil on ark40 and low rider mk2 on stalker or dante on stalker.

10kped cycled?

How is the best way to calculate profit loss over a long period i generally check tt after each hunt and add up my real losses by seeing what I have lost on EU website items list daily.

Ok, assuming that someone has not yet claimed the prizes by the time migration starts I will do the challenge on Eomon. Here is the setup that I would generally use, let me know if something is a problem with it.

Angel Armor
Fapper fappin me with my GryoFap 30 Smuggler t3.3 with heal enhancers
myself having a ur125 with no enh for big crit hit recovery
ARK40 Smuggler t6.7 with dmg enh. (enhancers broken cost wouldnt not be calculated)
Jungle Stalker T5.2 with range or dmg enhancers for pullin mobs and getting them within ark40 range
amp combinations could be evil on ark40 and low rider mk2 on stalker or dante on stalker.

10kped cycled?

How is the best way to calculate profit loss over a long period i generally check tt after each hunt and add up my real losses by seeing what I have lost on EU website items list daily.

Cool, I'll hopefully be on the Eomon too so we can compare results :).

To calculate profit/loss I'd prefer just to see TT in vs TT out. So ammo + repairs + TT decay on (L) items vs TT value of loot at end of the run.

ok sounds good, u want 10k ammo cycled or total of 10k including the repairs and decay cycled?

How do you want me to document this, I can take screenshots, but have yet to do any kind of spreadsheets or anything like that. Just let me know how u want it done, I would stream, but here in kuwait my internet is horrible, and lag too much when i try.

ok sounds good, u want 10k ammo cycled or total of 10k including the repairs and decay cycled?

How do you want me to document this, I can take screenshots, but have yet to do any kind of spreadsheets or anything like that. Just let me know how u want it done, I would stream, but here in kuwait my internet is horrible, and lag too much when i try.

10k total costs is fine :).

Given the amount of peds you cycle and your rep in EU I highly doubt you'd try to finagle me for a mere 1000 ped :), so I think a screenshot of the start of the hunt showing weapons and ammo, and a screenshot of the TT terminal with loot at the end should be fine.

You're in Kuwait? Cool, I'm in Dubai, let me know if you're ever in the UAE and want to meet up for a cold one :beerchug:.

Females and/or living in Sweden is an automatic disqualification. :D

No fair :mad::laugh:

I have a couple of questions if I am allowed to do it on space mobs :girl:

Since we know there is no personal loot pool, is it ok for me to only do it on space mobs - even though I sometimes go for a late night levi hunt? Or would I have to count the random levi hunts too?

Also with hunting in space - I dont have any decay, so its literally tt in and tt out. This ok?

There is no data on MS guns - ie lvl required, However from bringing on a few gunners in our crew, we have established that Gunner lvl 25 is where the guns become effective, I am above this level so will this be ok to count ?

Finnally, it might take me a little while to cycle 10k peds, maybe a few months, whats the time limit?

Thanks. :)

Can I do it on space mobs? :D

I want to say yes, but I think I would lose pretty fast if I did :).

I haven't hunted spacemobs much at all, and never in an MS, but I imagine there must be quite a lot of missing and overkill with those big turrets, not to mention the rate at which they burn ammo! Something tells me 10k would not take long at all :).

I'm afraid I think I have to draw the line at space mobs :(.

I want to say yes, but I think I would lose pretty fast if I did :).

I haven't hunted spacemobs much at all, and never in an MS, but I imagine there must be quite a lot of missing and overkill with those big turrets, not to mention the rate at which they burn ammo! Something tells me 10k would not take long at all :).

aww ok :( gl on the other challengers though :)

Also I'd draw the line at hunting in lootable PvP on planet, as if you got looted it'd be pretty impossible to work out tt return.

65% TTR on last 2k peds. Don't know if i do the challenge or not. lol ( mining )

I will drop another gauntlet!!
I will pay 1k peds to anyone that can stop danimal from posting ever again, [mod: deleted] or steal his keyboard!!

Whatever works! just stop him posting ....Permanent! :laugh:

Challenge accepted... >_>

Soooo I got 1k peds (if we count markup) from artrats challenge.. just not the way most people would have figured i woulda got it.... below are tt values only for 10k cycle.

Comprehensive Summary

Decay: 10,204.22 Peds
Loot: 11,014.55 Peds
Results: +810.33 Peds
Returns: 107.94%
Runtime: 31 Hours 23 Minutes
Globals: 47

Let's just throw a conspiracy in the works now ... Gz on your returns Sam.

But ... Will someone try to do the same without starting a thread about it where MA has no idea that they are doing it :)

Back