Developer-Notes--3

SO why my TT return is under 70% with : 0% to 3% defensive cost and 2,981 dmg/pec ? fake fake and fake.
Logs, details of equipment used or it did not happen.
@ the notes
  1. weapons have to be maxed - yup, especially for sib. However my record shows the return change is not significant for non-SIB progressing towards 100/100 though I started around 70/80.
  2. dmg/pec matters - I'm sure it does, there is some reason imk2 is valued as the top item by tiering costs. However, if it did as much as the numbers tell us, maxed imk2 users wouldn't be dropping them, i have some arguments why it doesn't as much as mathematical calculations
  3. armor/fap decay should be kept within reason - yup, agreed. if your fap&armor decay is half of your run size, as indicated by some 70% reporters, its not good at all.
  4. consult community, sure. I would add, don't get carried away by biggest whiners, they are exaggerating - and their methods are flawed. And trust statistics, not just theories.
P.S.
About scopes and sights, I got information from MA official stating that in hunting the only difference is getting more skills, no HA changes.

Again, the OP says that mining and crafting efficency notes will come later :wise:

Lets be fair we don't need dev notes for mining and crafting

Mining: don't overlap drops, only use maxed finders and amps

Crafting: Only use maxed cos on bps

Rgds

Ace

Lets be fair we don't need dev notes for mining and crafting

Crafting: Only use maxed cos on bps

Rgds

Ace

Did we need this hunting notes? lol Stating obvious things that can't be speculated.. ty MA grass is green and the sky is blue. Wow I am enlightened now. Instead of clearing all the ambiguos dev notes 2 you post this .. zz

I would like to know the real effect of lasers and scopes on the HA/DMG.

The HA/DMG stays the same in the stats. So if the numbers displayed are the only things that are relevant, this means that the lasers and scopes are useless?

An avatar will enjoy much better overall hunting results over time when using weapons with higher damage per pec.

Now that it is said that cost to kill is disconnected from loot, I'd like to know if loot is related to Mobs original HP or total inflicted damage (counting regen, ignoring overkill).

If we assume that loot is based on original HP, then the high-regen mobs must be killed as fast as possible, thus using weapons with smaller Dmg/PEC but higher Dmg/Sec.

If the loot is based on the damage inflicted, then only Dmg/PEC counts and bye bye Apis...

If it is a mix, curious to see what proportion or regen is used to calulate the loot.

I would like to know the real effect of lasers and scopes on the HA/DMG.

The HA/DMG stays the same in the stats. So if the numbers displayed are the only things that are relevant, this means that the lasers and scopes are useless?

The official statement is they boost the skill gains.

Did we need this hunting notes? lol Stating obvious things that can't be speculated.. ty MA grass is green and the sky is blue. Wow I am enlightened now. Instead of clearing all the ambiguos dev notes 2 you post this .. zz

Instead of complaining, just go read the posts about efficency on the forum, especially in the "dev notes 2" thread.

You will quickly realize that this clarification wasvery much needed (AND asked for).

Well now thats all explained , hunt with a 3.00dmg/pec weapon, no armor ,200hp + and use a fap 80 or UR125.

These developers notes have just made every DOA user , Evil user , Even Maddox user, Eamp users, XT and X5 users out to dry .. This will definately see the price drop on Evil Amplifiers, and many people will be using CB24 and dante amp. find a Modified Korss if lucky or LR32 improved

It seems that MA are LASER friendly and not BLP.

This will kill the ADJ V1 non maxed people

This is MA saying 90% of our ..so called balanced weapons will not be efficent for you.

Its also saying fists, clubs and swords are OUT ! - MELEE IS MOSTLY OUT

Also saying the Mod Merc and IMK2 users are the winners, and if you cannot afford a 3.00+ dmg/pec gun then you are not efficient. This also says goodbye to the BL owners..essentially this information is the doom for half the weapon economy and the boom for eco laser weapons, Those people with Improved EP-21 price is about to skyrocket as it is probably one of the best affordable guns out there.

cheers:) open to many other replies

eco.jpg

NB : and hijacker thats the end of considering using a Swine Deluxe and could also be the end of most of the BLP market. If you dont own a maxed version of any of the above guns then you are not efficient in MAs eyes (Amp may improve effiency but these are the core stats)

Last edited:
.. grass is green and the sky is blue.

We cannot hesitate to emphasize the importance of the sky being blue and the greenness of the grass. This is so vitally important that it must be repeated: the grass IS NOT BLUE. The SKY is blue. BLUE. Grass is green. GREEN.

The way I understand from the Dev Notes 3 when it comes to hunting the factors that contribute to efficiency are as fallows:

Hit ability > dmg/pec > maxed damage > low armor/fap decay

Yes this gives us information.

1. Missed shots are lost ( ie: Max your weapon beeing them most important )

2. eco matters ( dmg / pec is king even if you pay mu on the item, as long as dmg/pec inc mu is good your fine )

3. Maxxed damage support nr 2 by adding to dmg/pec while also killing the mob faster.

4. Lower armor / fap decay comes from choosing a mob your level, and from killing it fast.

Should we assume that nr 2 tells us loot is based on hp killed, and not tt spent? i read MA response in that way.

Hasn't it been established that, not having maxed dmg has greater impact on dmg/pec than few missed shots from non-maxed HA?
So, they're saying that it's the other way around, what now?

Hasn't it been established that, not having maxed dmg has greater impact on dmg/pec than few missed shots from non-maxed HA?

obviously its dynamic :)

Yes this gives us information.

1. Missed shots are lost ( ie: Max your weapon beeing them most important )

2. eco matters ( dmg / pec is king even if you pay mu on the item, as long as dmg/pec inc mu is good your fine )

3. Maxxed damage support nr 2 by adding to dmg/pec while also killing the mob faster.

4. Lower armor / fap decay comes from choosing a mob your level, and from killing it fast.

Should we assume that nr 2 tells us loot is based on hp killed, and not tt spent? i read MA response in that way.

It could just as well mean that if you use a setup with good damage/pec, for the same amount of ped cycled compared to an avatar with lower dmg/pec, you increase the chance of looting stuff with markup because you kill more mobs.

And how come i keep on loosin even with 150% mu? And Im not the only one, even some big miners (not foma miners). Explain that please

Interesting notes, old school theory wasn't that bad :)
It would be nice to add more stats info (don't put to much on 1 tab though).

Keep up the good work,

Atami

Missing a shot costs more then doing 5% less damage on a shot.

It is the only reason I find to explain why they said that HA is the most important factor when it comes to hunting efficient.

That's one way to read it. Another way to read it is that the people who lose the most the fastest (my guess would be noobs trying to skill up from zero with the opalo) tend to miss a lot.

Missing a shot costs more then doing 5% less damage on a shot.

It is the only reason I find to explain why they said that HA is the most important factor when it comes to hunting efficient.
Yeah but you lose that 5% on every shot.
Unless hitrate has drastically changed since it was calculated that non-maxed dmg interval did have greater impact...
You can still see this in entropedia's calculations.

It could just as well mean that if you use a setup with good damage/pec, for the same amount of ped cycled compared to an avatar with lower dmg/pec, you increase the chance of looting stuff with markup because you kill more mobs.

This would be my understanding too, because otherwise, half or more of the game makes no sense. Above a certain dps/mob hp you simply have no eco choices (strictly from dmg/pec view).

On another note, I've just finished a whole adapted monty (L)+A104 (supposedly one of THE most eco weps around). Don't ask.

Also, if my proven and verified and reverified experience says that I do better with weapon X or Y than with P5a amped, where X or Y would have lower dmg/pec, I would stick to those.

I don't encourage stupid behaviour, but if we'd all act as per these thesis, strictly interpreted, there would be three cathegories of players:

- beginners with opalo+101
- mediums with p5a+105/106
- ubers with mm, imk etc

No melee, no blp, no plasma, no mindforce, no (L) with markup, no unmaxed nonSIB blabla nonothing.

Welcome back, 2007, we missed you :smoke:

Last edited:
Only thing i am confused about is the amount of missed shots , when you have full maxed weapon , it doesnt seem to change how many times you miss regardless , or am i missing something?

And how come i keep on loosin even with 150% mu? And Im not the only one, even some big miners (not foma miners). Explain that please

All it means is, if you are not eco, you will lose even more! I thought that was pretty obvious

Rgds

Ace

Yeah but you lose that 5% on every shot.
Unless hitrate has drastically changed since it was calculated that non-maxed dmg interval did have greater impact...
You can still see this in entropedia's calculations.

You loose a percentage of the damage for the same amount of ped spent when you deal a damage lower then the min damage of the maxed gun not on every shoot.

For a weapon with a max dmg interval of 10-20 for which your damage profession results in an extended damage interval: 7-20 you would have:
- A shot you do that deals 15 damage is an optimal shot because it's within the maxed damage interval range.
- A shot that deals 8 damage is not an optimal one because it would have been 10 damage if you had the weapon maxed and that's when you have a slight loose.

The probability that you deal a certain damage within the damage interval should be the same for all possible values unless having lower damage profession affects that also.

Planet partner, please fight for super-éco item :D
Archon sword is a good start.... more now ! :) ( over 3 dpp plz )

:yay::yay::yay:

Planet partner, please fight for super-éco item :D
Archon sword is a good start.... more now ! :) ( over 3 dpp plz )

:yay::yay::yay:

& you think they'll sell for TT+100 now?

You loose a percentage of the damage for the same amount of ped spent when you deal a damage lower then the min damage of the maxed gun not on every shoot.

For a weapon with a max dmg interval of 10-20 for which your damage profession results in an extended damage interval: 7-20 you would have:
- A shot you do that deals 15 damage is an optimal shot because it's within the maxed damage interval range.
- A shot that deals 8 damage is not an optimal one because it would have been 10 damage if you had the weapon maxed and that's when you have a slight loose.

The probability that you deal a certain damage within the damage interval should be the same for all possible values unless having lower damage profession affects that also.
Let's say cost for shot is 5 pecs.
10-20 dmg interval = 15.0 avg. damage, 10000 shots = 150000 dmg -> 3.0 dmg/pec
07-20 dmg interval = 13.5 avg. damage, 10000 shots = 135000 dmg -> 2.7 dmg/pec
So yeah, it does have some impact.

Instead of complaining, just go read the posts about efficency on the forum, especially in the "dev notes 2" thread.

You will quickly realize that this clarification wasvery much needed (AND asked for).

yeah right of course! Ty for the not needed smart arseness

Only thing i am confused about is the amount of missed shots , when you have full maxed weapon , it doesnt seem to change how many times you miss regardless , or am i missing something?

Yes, missed shots on the maxed gun is a constant that does not change no matter if you have lvl 100 or lvl 160.

RL example would be a professional hunter: even thou he's really good with weapons it doesn't mean he will always hit the bulls-eye and never miss.

I can only agree that in the game it seems weird if you shoot a mob point blank and miss 5 times in the row...
I suspect that's more about balancing than trying to be realistic. If maxed gun would never miss a single shot, the difference between non-maxed and maxed weapons (read: between beginner and uber) would grow so vast that it could kill the whole SIB weapon concept. (Which is entirely based on the fact that you are not maxed while skilling with it)

It seems MA has thought about this issue, there's a rumor they are considering a new system that allows you to target different body parts. Would probably level the playing field and make the real life skill a little more important, while maintaining the general overall balance. Only guessing, depends what exactly was meant with "combat" (PvP only or also PvE).

Link here: The Future of Entropia Universe

Last edited:
There is a thing here,, and I'm not reffering to the one from Rocktropia

Tell us MA what is the desired number of shots to kill a mob? I think this is the one and only information that matters:)

Like, it's the same to kill argo young with one 250 dmg shoot and 50 dmg shoot and kil argo young with 10 shots of 30 dmg if guns have the same dmg/pec?

I don't think so:)

Yeah I think their post is pretty misleading about this. If you do have a maxxed gun, there's nothing you can do about misses, period. This is why I think this is aimed at people who are missing a lot aka not using a maxxed weapon, and apparently there's more of them around than anyone thought.

Back