Is min loot useful?

Magix

Alpha
Thanks to the new style of seeing loot, it's relatively easy to see how much you get every time. However, I was wondering: if I could figure out a monster's minimum loot, is that information useful in some way? Also, I was wondering if min loot is similar to globals in rarity. It seems that min loot occurs very very rarely as well.

ps. For a feff it appears to be 32 pecs.

pss. "min loot" defined as non-frag, non-no loot.

Thanks to the new style of seeing loot, it's relatively easy to see how much you get every time. However, I was wondering: if I could figure out a monster's minimum loot, is that information useful in some way? Also, I was wondering if min loot is similar to globals in rarity. It seems that min loot occurs very very rarely as well.

ps. For a feff it appears to be 32 pecs.

pss. "min loot" defined as non-frag, non-no loot.

Minimum loot for a mob is defined as 0.00 PED; however, you do loot nova/blazar fragments that is of some value. This would be your minimum loot for any given mob. To say this doesn't exist is like saying eco doesn't really matter (hint: it does matter).

~Danimal

Hello,

I am about to figure a bit in the following way:

Decide to kill XXXXX number of creatures (5 to 6 digit number)
When the run is finished have a look at how much TT loot you got now.
Record your % return in term of "Expenses to gains"
Calculate the average loot a creature gave you on the run.
Calculate what your gun cost you to kill 1 creature.

Try to find a setup which makes you able to get as close to the average cost to kill an creature of the type.

"Is there a cheaper way to get along on the same creature on cost/kill"

Redo the run with the new setup.

Compare your % return to what you had before and check if it got better.

I hunted lots puny mobs with omegaton M2100. Though this gun has very low decay it needs some shots.
I hunted lots puny mobs with Emik S30 UL after. Though this gun has higher decay than m2100 it needs less ammo to kill a puny due to higher effective damage and dmg/pec. I get to kill closer the hp than with the m2100 (waste less resources on the last shot with it)

Returns are with the emik S30 better than with the m2100.

Got just one problem that I deleted the wrong excel sheet lately and my records are lost.

So I plan to redo that.

Maybe a community project should be set up soon.

"People with same gun hunt the same number of mobs and the same type of mobs on different areas"

Puny mobs would be a good test. Cost low and HP on all mobs same.

This way could be checked if people with the same setup get different return on different areas.

If someone got 50% return and an other person 70% in an different area these 2 people could change location with eath other.

If the return keeps inside an area loot could be also related to location and time. If the return number travel with the players it must be something player related.

Just have not enough time at the moment to hunt several hours per week.

But this could be good. Specially if like 4-6 players do that on the same time. Can check like 6 different areas at the same time that way.

Greets,

Solo

Last edited:
Loot comes in multipliers based on the inflicted damage on the killed mob. For example the lowest loot is something like 25-30% of the cost to kill the creature. Other loot values are also multipliers of the cost to kill.

Wouldnt the "No Loots" be the smallest?

With different weapons you will get different min loot...

PS: don't belive in Dev notes...

Falagor
:bandit:

Loot comes in multipliers based on the inflicted damage on the killed mob. For example the lowest loot is something like 25-30% of the cost to kill the creature. Other loot values are also multipliers of the cost to kill.

This is not true. Go hunt some atrax young or longu young. You will see plenty of 1 and 2 pec loots, and you will also see in time 2 pec loots made up of two enhanced metal extractors.

This is not true. Go hunt some atrax young or longu young. You will see plenty of 1 and 2 pec loots, and you will also see in time 2 pec loots made up of two enhanced metal extractors.

mrproper said it, it MUST be true. :laugh:

Wouldnt the "No Loots" be the smallest?

I believe no loots and frags are separate categories, e.g. you'll never get a frag in a "regular" loot, and you'll never get anything else in a frag loot.

I believe no loots and frags are separate categories, e.g. you'll never get a frag in a "regular" loot, and you'll never get anything else in a frag loot.

Dude.... go read the developers notes 1 - 3 again and tell me where there is a frag loot pool?

~Danimal

e.g. you'll never get a frag in a "regular" loot, and you'll never get anything else in a frag loot.
Except those times when you do. Try it on PA punies, the drop fragments so often, they come in with stuff like muscle oils.

Back