So what was the "amp bug?"

Magix

Alpha
I heard bits and pieces about it on forums, but never really understood what it was.

All I know is that it was something about using lvl 5 amps, and they "fixed" it recently.

I guess it's no harm to talk about it now since you can't do it anymore, but I was wondering about the details.

I heard bits and pieces about it on forums, but never really understood what it was.

All I know is that it was something about using lvl 5 amps, and they "fixed" it recently.

I guess it's no harm to talk about it now since you can't do it anymore, but I was wondering about the details.

Ask Pav and RADDIM :wtg:

Basically it was some bug where you could keep using an amp even after it decayed down to its minimum use value... and I am pretty sure they were doing it with amps WAY bigger than level 5...

Basically it was some bug where you could keep using an amp even after it decayed down to its minimum use value... and I am pretty sure they were doing it with amps WAY bigger than level 5...

Yea Yea Yea, you scan and what you see? agality? strenght ? armour, gun? u cant see mining skills.... an if you nevere heard its your problem, I never hear with you ant other ppl from this post, I play 7 years+ at this game but now I invest more money and effect you see in chat. So stop write idiotic text if you dont know who is who...

Greetings Raddim.

Skills! SKILLS!

Everyone after playing 7 years+ can do that. True story.

!

The last I heard that MA has a legal action against them, but I do not think they will win the legal action against them because they can not require people who has no formal computer training to recognize what is a bug.

So in the end i think its we who will be paying for MA:s lost in this case.

"I just think it was strange that it took so many months before MA got the eyes on them".

How did I miss this? Anyone with links to other threads talking about this bug/MA's actions against the people involved?

XZC

They got this numbers in mining in just a few months...

Favorite Mineral: Iron Stone
Highest Loot: 70 064 PED
Total Loot: 1 397 784 PED
Mining Rank: NA. of 2 091

Favorite Mineral: Iron Stone
Highest Loot: 13 848 PED
Total Loot: 1 130 645 PED
Mining Rank: NA. of 2 091

With the bugged amp.

so they used amps that did not decay.. dunno how big of a amp but think of oa109 which doesnt decay.. i remember when these 2s suddenly out of nowhere started to hof like crazy in cnd.. i told everyone that something fishy is going on..

what i heard/read that there was some trick to make these amps that did have 0ped on em and u still could use em..

so they used amps that did not decay.. dunno how big of a amp but think of oa109 which doesnt decay.. i remember when these 2s suddenly out of nowhere started to hof like crazy in cnd.. i told everyone that something fishy is going on..

what i heard/read that there was some trick to make these amps that did have 0ped on em and u still could use em..

Like you saying ---> when these 2s suddenly out of nowhere started to hof like crazy in cnd.. because that was a extraordinary happening and if i would be the boss of the game I would immediately look at what happens and not wait so long time.

Short story - they sucked MA dry, they withdrawn the money, and "40-business days" was not enough for MA to figure it out. People swindled tens of thousands.

Glad to see some fresh peds coming in from Sometrics, no chance of bending the rules there!! (yes, /sarc)

as i recall some1 had even made several supportcases about the amps being bugged and that these guys were exploiting it,
yet they could go on for a long time

Wow... I had no idea.... trying to keep up with 3 regular forums daily and still finding time to actualy PLAY the game...well, I've really been slacking on the forums for a few months now LOL

Thats insane tho... and that they actualy got the money out before MA caught on... well thank god someone in MA finaly figured it out and put a stop to it - and I hope they win in court.

I really need to pay attn to the forums more. lol

XZC

I think there was a more recent one than that that was fixed in the past few months, something about you could always profit if you used lvl 5 amps or something, and it didn't work anymore after the duru/niks change.

I heard, there was place at Eudoria, where you can hit ruga with TT-finder, but only at night time, and after killing 42 fugabarbas.

Of course they fixed that!!!

Too bad there is no personal loot pool to give overall average returns even when exploiting the game...

Too bad there is no personal loot pool to give overall average returns even when exploiting the game...

Very nice point, it appears the game doesnt even track your input. So its only output based... Which allow these bugs to even come to existance.

Of course i beleive in personal tracking....

But bugs like this should never come around, or if they do MA should be able to find out very quickly.

If there is a newer bug re the lvl 5 amps, I'm unaware of it. I actually saw the bug happen, but my friend and I weren't larcenous enough to realize what it meant. At least 3x, while using amps, there was "log-in" bug that would halt decay on amps, did not happen every time, and was a mystery why decay was not total on amp at end of run. I have to assume peeps would simply re-log till the the bug happened, and then could mine w/o amp decay till they logged off. Even though I saw this bug occur more than once, we never realized what it meant. There were also rumors that certain level of amps would global "more often" when nearly totally decayed, not sure about this one, but also kinda fits into the scenario

I heard, there was place at Eudoria, where you can hit ruga with TT-finder, but only at night time, and after killing 42 fugabarbas.

Yea, they fixed that in late 2005 together with 2nd crafting revamp and amp introduction. Before that, tt finder and of 105 would hit same ores, in same ratios. My friend MJ had a nice ruga find with the tt finder (some hundreds) which was the ATH on ruga until Dub's tower.

Fugas weren't mandatory, but one could try. And it was on Amethera.

"I just think it was strange that it took so many months before MA got the eyes on them".

The most unpleasant fact is that they had, quite in same time, at least a report from another player who managed to identify and recreate the bug, which they ignored (most likely the front line at support had read it diagonally and understood something about bad loot and dismissed it).

yeah I tried that, but the 42th fugabarba young gave me a critical so I died.

Sad to see hackers have such an impact upon so many if it's true;)

Back