stolen unlimited isis lr32 :"(

For future reference: Collateral. Take items or peds in kind for any item/s you don't wish to lose.

Also, if you lose a few hundred $ because of your trusting nature, don't worry about it, because it is only money. The real loss is to the person who stole from you. A trusting nature is worth its weight in gold.

So ignore all the would be advisors who say 'don't trust anyone'. Trust is what it is to be human. Theft is what it is to be inhuman.

I hope this works out for you one way or another.

After a very similar situation involving about 50 ped, MA told me to go to the police (seriously). They said they would co-operate by supplying logs etc. With about $400 US at stake or so, YOU SHOULD go to the police OP.

I hope you get your gun back.

Sorry for your loss. And to those who say he "deserved it"...Puh-leeeeeze. It may not have been bright to do, but you don't "deserve to" have something stolen from you because you lent someone something...what kind of f'ed up world do you live in? Additionally, the law states that this is illegal, so basically you are saying it is ok for someone to break the law because someone was nice? Dumbest shit I have ever heard ever. Ffs.

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
File a police report,
all the talk about all trades are final and virtual items not having value are just bla bla.
you were defrauded out of something that has real value.
the policeman at the desk might not want to make a report but in most countries the police are legally obliged to file a report, they may say they cant help but that is not the issue. It might be best to keep the report simple and not try to explain entropia to a policeman at the reception desk, the fact that you were defrauded online and the value of the item are what counts.
make a copy of the police report and contact mindark and demand action.
publicise that you have done this, the perpetrator now knows that if he wants to withdraw money it is likely his RL details will be connect to a crime.
with a police report of a crime MA should be obliged to take action to ban the account and to block any chance of them withdrawing the money they stole from you, and possibly others.

Best Advice :wise: Do it

Very lame. Hope you get your gun back and the ass hole gets banned

In a game/world like this all you really have is your rep

It is very sad to realise that in a game, even based in rce, people will behave in a such maner for a few $.

It is very sad to realise that in a game, we spend some time to relax and enjoy, RL's reality is present.

It is very sad to realise that in a game, you can not be friendly and of a kind nature but you have to be cautious like the other hours of you Rl.

You have my full sympathy and I hope you will find a way to get your item back ....

--mod's note--
I don't care what the situation is, RL threats made on this forum are NOT tolerated here in any way shape or form. And yes, I see my mod mate Jimmy B already handed out the temp-ban before I could. :) Just wanted to make sure folks totally understood these things are not taken lightly. We know during threads like this, blood boils and folks may say things that shouldn't be said.
--/mod's note--

i hereby officially threaten everybody on PCF with:

flying-dog.jpg

space-sparky will be flying over your houses shortly with a nice payload of doggie bombs.

name in PM pl0x

Everyone knows its impossible to steal in EU. All trades are final.

update

thank you everyone for your support and ideas to try. i took a lot of them into consideration. i sent a ticket and MA said they'd do nothing so i sent another saying id get the authorities involved and MA said "if" the police contact them theyll provide the logs but the police here take it for a joke plain and simple saying theres nothing they can or will do. im affraid it seems it aint coming back to me and its a very expensive lesson to learn but hey... what can you do right? and rock i appreciate it and i know you didnt have a knowing part in buying it. a good deals a good deal and its hard to pass up. i probably wouldve too. no hard feelings. sorry so long to update everyone... been trying to stay away from here and the game for a little while since it was such a sore spot.

PS: thanks for the doggy bombs kenshin... needed the laughs my brother 8D

ill try to keep any updates i have coming up. ty all again!

sincerly,
kluck

thank you everyone for your support and ideas to try. i took a lot of them into consideration. i sent a ticket and MA said they'd do nothing so i sent another saying id get the authorities involved and MA said "if" the police contact them theyll provide the logs but the police here take it for a joke plain and simple saying theres nothing they can or will do. im affraid it seems it aint coming back to me and its a very expensive lesson to learn but hey... what can you do right? and rock i appreciate it and i know you didnt have a knowing part in buying it. a good deals a good deal and its hard to pass up. i probably wouldve too. no hard feelings. sorry so long to update everyone... been trying to stay away from here and the game for a little while since it was such a sore spot.

sincerly,
kluck

This is a bad attempt at cheering you up. But not long ago, a guy accidently put his Privateer Deed into auction instead of a apartment deed (i think it was) at 1000 ped. and it sold right away. A privateer is worth like atleast 50 k from what i understand. I have myself sold once some Shadow thighs (F) i got, too fast. at which was estimated to be 5 k from what i could've got. (i did not check up on it good enough) i felt very bad afterwards :p. Some people lost a 100 k item in the old tier system. only to it being changed later on, so you dont risk loosing the item. That is kinda a stupid risk that person took as well. and got burned hard too.

Stories are many. But sometimes shit happens and people loose money. Right now you feel very bad and its tempting to stop playing to forget it. But time will heal. and you'll stop thinking about it so much when you play.

A break is not a bad idea though :)

sincerly,
kluck

If the local police don't bother, might be a good idea to get a step up in the ladder?
If lucky, at some level they might take this issue more serious...

Everyone knows its impossible to steal in EU. All trades are final.
Except when they're not, the banned players, logging in when VU10 launched, trading their stuffs away, later getting banned again and items returned to their accounts. Not so final trades they were.

Also i think police is obbligated to look into _any_ crime, be it IRL or virtual, not sure how the law is in where you live in but...

That was silly by MA and by your local police. I thought they would do more with such thing. I know trades are final, but still there shouldn't be a way to simply rip off people with no justice.

The weapon is with me and I will keep it a while. Wish I knew you more to lend it to you if you should use it since I mine mostly and don't hunt so much.

Except when they're not, the banned players, logging in when VU10 launched, trading their stuffs away, later getting banned again and items returned to their accounts. Not so final trades they were.

Also i think police is obbligated to look into _any_ crime, be it IRL or virtual, not sure how the law is in where you live in but...

No criminal act was committed in the real world. In the eyes of the police it was a loan that wasn't repaid for an item that has no real value in the real world. In the US you would have to take them to civil court and sue them; good luck convincing a judge that your pixel gun has real value. Also good luck getting MA to admit that you actually owned the pixel gun and that it has real value.

If you loan someone a $1000 in real life and they don't repay you, you have to sue them to get it. The police won't be involved in this unless they are directed by the court to sieze assets AFTER a civil case is won.

It's probably a different process in every country. I would assume MA would give up the other players data if a judge in a civil case sent them a court order.

It would be a very bad move for MMO players if the courts ever declared this to be a real crime and ruled that in-world assets have real value. The tax man would have a field day with that.

If you think you want to do something about it, see a lawyer, ask him how much prosecuting an international civil suit would be...

I think it's pretty disingenous of MA to keep refering people to the police when they know damn well the police will do nothing. :smokescreen:

No criminal act was committed in the real world. In the eyes of the police it was a loan that wasn't repaid for an item that has no real value in the real world.

The crime that has been committed isn't "theft", it's "fraud". Fraud is when someone tricks you into doing something that you ordinarily wouldn't do and the other party gets a gain from it. As for "no real value", repairable SIB weapons like that one probably have a substantial TT value, which could be seen as a liability or asset. I guess showing that someone who lost the gun lost an opportunity to get x USD in IRL cash, and the one who get the opportunity to get x USD in IRL cash (unless locked) can show that someone got tricked into doing a transaction where they potentially have lost IRL money.

At least in Sweden not repaying a loan is different. If you don't repay a loan, you aren't committing a crime; but the other party has the right to contact "crown's bailiff" (government hired repomen) who'll ask the other party to pay back; the other party then could contest the dept (in that case it will end up in court) or do nothing, if he doesn't explicitly contest the debt the bailiff will garnish assets to cover the dept.

If the repoman gets involved and it's not contested you'll get a "payment remark" for two years (and people with that kind of "remark" aren't able to get normal loans, can't sign up for apartments and can't sign up for for instance phone subscriptions, and such thing involving financial committments).

(If you apply for a loan and giving false information rather than just don't repay it then it can be fraud or other crimes.)

Last edited:
No criminal act was committed in the real world. In the eyes of the police it was a loan that wasn't repaid for an item that has no real value in the real world.
Logging in with your keyboard happens in real world, clicking "take those items" on your mouse happens in real world, there have been police cases concerning virtual property before, and some of those cases have even gone to court afaik.
Actually i think nowadays there are quite a many of virtual theft cases.

sincerly,
kluck

Hi, let me join this topic...

i am sorry you were scammed and you didnt get any help from MA.

My advice (sorry for my bad english, if you dont understan something, let me know, i'l try to write it once more)

Contact your local computer magazine in your country and after that all computer games blogs, internet portals, computer games magazines etc. on Internet, via e-mail. This should be two days job

Explain them shortly that you belive you were scammed in game called EU. Explain them that you contacted support department and you got no help. Ask them if they could contact MA and ask them about MA antiscamming policy and suport policy.

You should say that you will accept any solution by MA support, you are asking only for support help. MA should decide if it was a scamm or not.

After MA receives only 5 e-mails by different bloggers and computer magazines, i belive you will have your stuff back :cool:

MA is not afraid of police. They are afraid of bad reputation!

Good luck

Baba :)

Hi, let me join this topic...

i am sorry you were scammed and you didnt get any help from MA.

My advice (sorry for my bad english, if you dont understan something, let me know, i'l try to write it once more)

Contact your local computer magazine in your country and after that all computer games blogs, internet portals, computer games magazines etc. on Internet, via e-mail. This should be two days job

Explain them shortly that you belive you were scammed in game called EU. Explain them that you contacted support department and you got no help. Ask them if they could contact MA and ask them about MA antiscamming policy and suport policy.

You should say that you will accept any solution by MA support, you are asking only for support help. MA should decide if it was a scamm or not.

After MA receives only 5 e-mails by different bloggers and computer magazines, i belive you will have your stuff back :cool:

Good luck

:scratch2: What? Once they investigate they might call OP a dumb azz for doing it and MA is covered utilizing their current policy. Sucks for us but it is the price of business and stupidity nothing good ever comes out of that combination.

Sorry you got scammed.
Notify Police as MA and others have posted said, MA can't help you unless a crime has been committed and reported. For a crime to be reported to police and them contacting MA legitimizes your claim as all trades are final. Otherwise players would be reporting legitimate legal trades as scams they had made once they realized they made a mistake in selling an item they needed or sold for less than what they could have really got for it.

With that said I hope you and the rock can come to some agreement. Once police report is filled the rock could be in trouble also for receiving stolen goods and have account locked. Receiving stolen goods knowingly or unknowingly still holds the same weight in punishment. Just look at past issues with stolen goods and accounts locked until settled. Some for years, think MA really cares about your loss? No all they care for is new deposits.

Best I can see here is you pay 50% what Rock paid to the rock to get the gun back and split the loss as you both were scammed. Or just drop it all together an put one in the lessons learned box.

Please PM me the scammer's name also we keep a scammer page on my SOC forums, page is open to all.

Wildman

On auction again

Seems it's up on auction again, or at least it was 12-24h ago.

If you lent him the gun, and ask for nothing in return and you didn't know him at all.

Then sorry, but you desevre not to get that gun back.

Unfortunately he has taken advantage of your good trusting natural, but in this world we can not afford to trust anyone and this is an example of what happens when you do.

geeez, a little harsh there, i don't think anyone really "deserves" to be ripped off like this. maybe it was a dumb mistake the way it played out, but to "deserve" it just aint right,

Good luck

:lolup: something tells me they arent all that afraid of bad rep either.

a few days ago i (kluckkluck mckluck klucks) was trying to sell my UL lr32 tier 5.2 and had been at it for a few days with many hits but no takers. i came across what seemed to be an interested buyer (ed: name removed). he said he wanted to see how well it worked on longtooth and i bought it. we teamed up went out there and he put one round into a longtooth and logged with my gun. i understand i shouldnt have trusted him but had no reason not to. since, he refuses to private chat/trade/friend request etc. i pretty sure i will never see this gun again but in hope just maybe... offering a 500 PED rewardfor the return of my gun but as i said i dont see that happening.
ps: i AM able to give you the tier rates for 6-10 as well should you happen to see one by chance and compare them.
thanks for your time,
kluck

Offering a reward to return something which was stolen from you is only more encouragement for more thievery. So by all means: don't!

You've just paid a big tuition fee....

Back