Planet calypso content release 2012.5

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2012.5
2012-10-09
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

New Items
This patch introduces a massive amount of new weapons to Planet Calypso that will eliminate most of the SIB gaps that have bothered hunters for a long time.

Missions
  • The mission reward rebalancing has been implemented to all Planet Calypso missions.Two new Iron missions have been added, one for Ambulimax and one for a new creature.
  • There is a new daily mission obtainable from Colonel Rhodes in Camp Echidna, be warned, the mission objectives are inside the contaminated zone!
  • An attribute token trader has been placed in the Lounge Bar located up in the spiral building in Port Atlantis. Bring your tokens here in order to swap them for attributes.

Music
Several new music tracks have been added to Thule.

Changes
  • Reduced the number of mission tokens awarded from the “Get The Crystals (Daily)” mission. The previous reward was five mission tokens, it’s now two.
  • Changed the appearance and names of the mining equipment handed out in Thule.
  • Players will now receive a couple of hides instead of an old rifle in the “Analyzing The Sample” mission.
  • Increased the Puny Tripudion spawn near Camp Icarus.
  • Added visualized waypoints to all Camp Icarus missions.
  • The “No One Likes Frogs” mission no longer requires the player to gather Tripudion heads, instead the player simply needs to kill 10 Tripudions.

Bug Fixes
  • The truck-outposts ramp is no longer displaced on low and medium graphics settings.
  • The oil rig near Camp Icarus no longer runs out of oil.
  • It’s no longer possible for a player to enter another players Crystalline Cavern instance.
  • Players will no longer get stuck in the Crystalline Cavern if they enter it for a second time.

Known Issues
  • Reward choice 3 and 4 on the Bronze Argonaut mission both display Inflict Ranged Damage skill. Reward choice 4 should display Athletics skill.
  • Choosing the skill only alternatives on the 5000 Rippersnapper mission does not work.
  • One reward choice on Iron Molisk 10000 says 7.08 Alertness skill, this should say 7.08 PED Alertness skill.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to insure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.!

Originally Posted Here

• There is a new daily mission obtainable from Colonel Rhodes in Camp Echidna, be warned, the mission objectives are inside the contaminated zone!

PvP3, i take it?

How boring - that's the one with no radar...

• Reduced the number of mission tokens awarded from the “Get The Crystals (Daily)” mission. The previous reward was five mission tokens, it’s now two.

Upcoming shitstorm, i smell...

• One reward choice on Iron Molisk 10000 says 7.08 Alertness skill,
    this should say 7.08 PED Alertness skill.

Bugged bug list? Or a self-fixing bug?? :scratch2:

This patch introduces a massive amount of new weapons to Planet Calypso that will eliminate most of the SIB gaps that have bothered hunters for a long time.

:cool:

L or UL, this is the question...

Where are the brokers for the new Ambulimax and new creature missions?

Must be a slight adjustment to HP gain from skills - HP is 0.2 of a point lower than before update. :s

"Reduced the number of mission tokens awarded from the “Get The Crystals (Daily)” mission. The previous reward was five mission tokens, it’s now two."

i should have NEVER informed support about the token missions, u should have increased thorifoid daily reward and split up the daily poacher in 3.

the so called loot improvements wont be improvements, that i am sure of now as the greed is once again dripping from all sides..

Reactions: das
"Reduced the number of mission tokens awarded from the “Get The Crystals (Daily)” mission. The previous reward was five mission tokens, it’s now two."

i should have NEVER informed support about the token missions, u should have increased thorifoid daily reward and split up the daily poacher in 3.

the so called loot improvements wont be improvements, that i am sure of now as the greed is once again dripping from all sides..

I will try not to hate you Grower ;)

But yes, the cave giving only 2 tokens will suck token availability wise.

I will try not to hate you Grower ;)

But yes, the cave giving only 2 tokens will suck token availability wise.

try to hate MA in stead ;)

this was my last support case i guess, if u give suggestion for improvements they just fuck us over Bigtime.

try to hate MA in stead ;)

this was my last support case i guess, if u give suggestion for improvements they just fuck us over Bigtime.

In general, I try not to hate anybody if possible, no need for more negative emotions if I can help it.

I do agree with you that the balancing was wrong and that they fixed it wrong. Not your fault. Making the Feffoid cave be available every 48 hours would have been a much better way to nerf it if they were going to do that too.

Did I finally get the Ambulimax Iron Mission ive been asking for since December last year.

Wow im impressed MA..Thanks

Thanks for the broker loc. but Osere? are there Ambu there? why not at Nea's? who at MA thinks of these things

Thanks for the broker loc. but Osere? are there Ambu there? why not at Nea's? who at MA thinks of these things

There are many places with untaxed ambu, I don't know why everyone does them at Nea's...

There is a spawn fairly close to it, yes (check Entropedia for info on that).

There are many places with untaxed ambu, I don't know why everyone does them at Nea's...

I'm just wondering why the broker isn't located where you'll find Ambu, didn't have to be Nea's specificaly, but i'm pretty sure there are no Ambu located anywhere near Osere

is the game offline? can't log in as it says system offline

Edit: nevermind...found the thread saying they have server issues...

you might want to check that yourself, those spawns are NOT near Osere

To me, a couple of kilometers away is "fairly close", but I assume you feel differently then.

[*]The “No One Likes Frogs” mission no longer requires the player to gather Tripudion heads, instead the player simply needs to kill 10 Tripudions.

Um, lol? PETA strikes again? Legal threats from the Jim Henson corporation?

Um, lol? PETA strikes again? Legal threats from the Jim Henson corporation?

I think more like everybody's inventory filling up with unneeded heads

"“Get The Crystals (Daily)”"

The mission was one of those "Am I too bored for much else" to now reducing the incentive for me at least. I suppose some of my saved tokens will perhaps gain in MU a little now. :rolleyes:

Changes
UGH!!! This was one of the missions I planned to do daily too :(

Also, I had 111.5 HP yesterday and now I only have 111.0 :(

Last edited:
UGH!!! This was one of the missions I planned to do daily too :(

Also, I had 111.5 HP yesterday and now I only have 111.0 :(

seems like everybody's HP was cut to rounded number? mine too :(

Just had to learn that my account is locked due to further investigations. All I was doing after the servers came back yesterday afternoon was a bit Atrox hunting before servers went down...

Someone else is locked?

Just had to learn that my account is locked due to further investigations. All I was doing after the servers came back yesterday afternoon was a bit Atrox hunting before servers went down...

Someone else is locked?

happend to everyone that played before the server closed again.

Back