Account locked, apparently for no reason...

Zacariaz

Elite
Society
United Talents
Marie T'pol
Just got an email from EU support:
Your account has been temporarily locked.
Please contact support for more information.
I tried contacting support before writing here of course, but guess what, I can't because the system is down for maintenance!

So they've got time to bother people like me who have done nothing wrong, but not to fix whatever is wrong so that we might log in again?

I'm pissed to say the least.

Edit:
I replied to the email, though I don't know if anyone will read it:
I would very much like to know why my account has suddenly been
locked, but of course I can't lock into my accoun to contact support,
which works out nicely for you I'm sure, though not for me.

This is no way to treat a loyal customer.

Maybe they locked everyone who've chipped out recently to filter out those who managed to chip out some of those crazy after-VU skills :). Just a guess.

I tried contacting support before writing here of course, but guess what, I can't because the system is down for maintenance!

So they've got time to bother people like me who have done nothing wrong, but not to fix whatever is wrong so that we might log in again?

Edit:

marie.....uhm there is some major crisis going on at MA. The VU is bugged and went horribly wrong. ....so it is probably just because they need to correct there faults... No worries.

Edit:

Hmm .. When was the last time you logged into game?

Relax. For sure they just checking banhammer system with auto-mailing - in case if it fckd too.

It's just so damn annoying. Yes I'm in the process of chipping out, but I started that way before the VU failure and now I have to spend the time I don't have sorting this out. Real nice.

On the bright side, they might do a roll back, which will save me the loss of an ESI of nearly 10 PED ;)

Edit:

you certainly use a bug with the new vu (not your fault u will be unban after investigation, except if u abuse of it of course)

Bug who can be the reason of this is the actio order bug and the skill bug so if u use actio for sold something or if u extract some skill don't search more that will be certainly fix in few day (but if u abuse one of this bug especially the actio order one i think u can start to think to a new avatar)

So i suppose they just lock all avatar who use bug for restart the game this night and deal with the rollback for those who use bug tommorow.

It's just so damn annoying. Yes I'm in the process of chipping out, but I started that way before the VU failure and now I have to spend the time I don't have sorting this out. Real nice.

On the bright side, they might do a roll back, which will save me the loss of an ESI of nearly 10 PED ;)

Damn Marie, calm down....MA is really fucked atm because of this VU. So take a chill pill and snap on the TV :)

Do a support go enjoy real life. No reason to get worked up about this at all. Even if you are chipping out you won't get the money for ages so chill.

Also, if you logged in during the time everyone had million skills, that would be why.

nope they will not, they will just have a look and than you will be unlocked - like they did 1000 times before

Damn Marie, calm down....MA is really fucked atm because of this VU. So take a chill pill and snap on the TV :)

Well I don't have a TV actually. ;)

Seriously, I'm know what it's all about, but you've got to understand how much this means to me. The money I'd potentially get out of the game, a process which has already cost me a lot of time and is nowhere near done, is the only means I have of gathering the money for some important real life issues.

So in short, the mere possibility that MA may decide that I've done something wrong and that all may thus be lost, is very scary indeed.

Seriously, I'm know what it's all about, but you've got to understand how much this means to me. The money I'd potentially get out of the game, a process which has already cost me a lot of time and is nowhere near done, is the only means I have of gathering the money for some important real life issues.

calm down... it will only take a few days max, and many of us - including me- were locked too for some ongoing investigations and ofc it sucks bigtime to get locked with a serious amount of money, but it is over soon :)

Well with the uber attributes just about everyone got by accident, im not surprised they locked you if you were chipping out skills in that 5 mins of game time. Prolly just a temp lock to make sure you chipped out only whats rightfully yours.

So in short, the mere possibility that MA may decide that I've done something wrong and that all may thus be lost, is very scary indeed.

Where did the ESI come from?

MA are obviously locking all the people who chipped out during the skill bug. Sucks for you but at least theyre policing a potential exploit. Unfortunately for you, wrong place wrong time. I've been there before and theres nothing you can do except wait.

Auction, but the reason for the lock probably haven't got anything to do with that.

"Probably" ? Dodgy / scam stuff bought from auction is the number one reason people get temp locked, as far as I can tell.

Auction, but the reason for the lock probably haven't got anything to do with that.

Im sure things will be OK in the end GL.

Last edited:
Was locked myself on Saturday whilst flying through space, had an anti virus programme running at the time, support thought it could have caused an auto lock of account!

3 hrs after contacting support I had been unlocked, hope you have something similar might take a bit longer to get unlocked due to the problems they are having atm, but support should be back up within an hour.

Dragon

"Probably" ? Dodgy / scam stuff bought from auction is the number one reason people get temp locked, as far as I can tell.

That may be true, but considering the issues reported, it's much more likely that I got locked simply because I'm in the process of chipping out.

Was a problem with the auction also? from what I heard you could buy anything for any price so if you have bought a ESI for (whatever price) chucked some skills on it, it's not looking great for you really?

I don't care what you've heard. I've certainly paid the price. There was 1500 PED on my card when I logged in and when I logged out it was more or less empty.
I'd certainly prefer you not insinuating anything, if that is what you're doing. Linda hard to determine.
But to be blunt, then yes, I bought some ESI's and chipped out some skills, though I didn't have time to put anything on auction.

I would also feel pissed right now if i was you!!

Last edited:
My account being locked too :scratch2:, I didn't use auction didn't chip out, don't know what the hell is going on. Support case sent.

Is you account Locked?

<thread merged>

Last edited:
Locked here too. No discoveries here this vu ;p

Oui it is ;p

5th time since 2006 so far if I don't miscount.

Yes it is and I did nothing in auction, just a bit of hunting before the shut down

James

locked too.
I think that anyone who logged before they pulled the plug is locked

No idea - i guess mine isn't - but i'd rather eat glass than login on VU day. :silly2:

My socmate is also locked :)

yup mine is, i had dubbled stats like u.

it damn unfair, that cus of their fault, we lose a chance to get early vu gameplay experience

Back