Help: New public access rights for motherships

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
I posted the below message in the Ask Mindark section on entropiaforum.com but thought would put it up here as well so people are carefull when traveling through space until this has been tested and the below questions are answered either by us or mindark:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New public access right for motherships permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok normally im not that quick with getting concerned and test things thoroughly before giving feedback but in this case there are certain things that i dont want to find out the 'wrong' way.

Public access on motherships ! - could you please give some feedback if the following things have been considered:

Allowing everyone to enter a spacecraft will include pirates and stowaway's.
Since they are not on the guestlist they probably cannot be removed from the ship by the owner.
Will the onboard revive work as public revive in space ? Or only for those who are also on the guestlist ?
People really could get lost in space if it only worked if they are on guestlist but on the other hand if it worked as public revive it would be possible to kill another spacecraft and have everyone revive on the own. People who wanted to take advantage of this could safe their ammo trying to shoot those other people , collect them onboard with public revive and then kill them off one by one if they try to fly out of hangar. Such a pirate ship would never need to dock and could await the moment of a passenger to log back in giving them a secure chance at their stackables.
People would have no way of removing themself from the ship by removing themself from the guestlist as they wouldnt even be on the guestlist and would revive back on the ship either way.
Would the possible kidnapping be an intended way in space pvp ?
Considering how many people every day use T to shortcut way between planets, this could be a huge spacetrap.

There were detailed suggestions of utilizing a copy of how the society terminal works for guestlist mangement.
Can we still hope for a higher level of comfy guestlist management or is the current public access already your solution ?

Having public access on the mothership still doesnt extend the summon so its still just the people who are on the list that get summoned.
The only uses i can see for public access is a free skilling 24/7 ship and being able to run vip flights even when the owner is logged - but in both cases pirates could enter the ship if its a known busy one and just 'work' their 'preys' right from there...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you are a mothership owner and got time to test a few things during the day, would be nice to get your input in here - otherwise i will be doing some tests with the Ark Royal this evening and update accordingly.

Kind regards
John

Last edited:
Another concern that i have in regards to space transports is that the 'log out feature' essentially already allowed to surpass the transport capacities and transport up to 500 people in one go.
But now with public access the transport capacity of a mothership has been increased to be unlimited if people log out onboard, so even if the population in the universe grows by a huge degree a single ship could transport them all...

Pressing "T" no longer works in space. So no more crossing the server line to skip ahead. No more coming up from planet and "T-ing" to your ship. Bad for me with my eyes, but I am sure I will get over that and learn to park the Bismarck properly.

Not sure about your other concerns, but I do see what you mean where pirates are concerned.
Needs to be tested thoroughly.
The free-loaders are the ones that woould bother me most.

I think the main reason for the introduction of the Public access system is to prevent people from putting their ship on Auction accidently like one person has already done.

Indeed that is a great idea John. Though teleporting is not possible anymore in vehicles like a quad, theres always ways around it right. Anyways, i voluntary declare myself ready to take charge of Ark Royal in this case, for my wet pirate dreams finally would become true HARHAR!^^

Keep in mind it also could work the other way round - collecting all the pirates when they die close to Normandie then warp them to where Ark Royal awaits them in public setting - kill off Normandie with Ark and they all get bootet and revive on Ark - set backwards course through the universe with pilots on 24/7 shift.

Voila first entropia secure prison ship in existance and prisoners can not even sent position information cause they are not on the guestlist :p

Meanwhile all other ships proceed there travels :laugh:

Pressing "T" no longer works in space. So no more crossing the server line to skip ahead. No more coming up from planet and "T-ing" to your ship. Bad for me with my eyes, but I am sure I will get over that and learn to park the Bismarck properly.

Not sure about your other concerns, but I do see what you mean where pirates are concerned.
Needs to be tested thoroughly.
The free-loaders are the ones that woould bother me most.

I think the main reason for the introduction of the Public access system is to prevent people from putting their ship on Auction accidently like one person has already done.

The actual T might no longer work but getting oneself disconnected to be bootet outside the own ship and revive on the target station still does - is in my opinion the same as T.

Really? you can't use T anymore? What would happen if you get killed and accidently closed the revive window. :scratch2:

LOL, any way is welcome to me, i like the plan of killing your own vessel to get rid of one little pirate the most :laugh:
Though maybe i have a better idea on that, you just pay me the cost to kill normandie and i promise i wont die anymore in front of Normandie XD

Would probably work even better if i just removed public access from the Normandie again ;)
But see a single spacemob when repairs are stopped can accomplish the task i mentioned without any costs.

Maybe could charge pirates to be released from prison more early :laugh:

Lol @ Pirate prison!

Im looking forward to the tests :D

I rememeber the good ole days where a tactic of reversing into a pirate and capturing him in the hanger bay was always fun :p

But to have them revive on board :scratch2::laugh: then we can warp them home to pirate base and get on our merry way :D :yay:;)

good points.

you could fly the normandie between CP and caly training ground, activate public access.

take the ark royal and let mobs destroy it in caly TG

you will see if you revive on normandie or at the more far away CP.

for me it would make only sense if passengers of ark royal revive at CP where the ship is brought to.

to be completely sure you can also take someone from neas to ark royal and see where he or she revives. (should put sweat in storage and promise to bring the person back after :D )

on the old system i noticed that i always revive on the ship i was last on, even if another ship where im registered to is closer to me in that moment.

if the ship i was last on was destroyed i revived at the closest station to wait for it.

Last edited:
good points.

you could fly the normandie between CP and caly training ground, activate public access.

take the ark royal and let mobs destroy it in caly TG

you will see if you revive on normandie or at the more far away CP.

for me it would make only sense if passengers of ark royal revive at CP where the ship is brought to.

to be completely sure you can also take someone from neas to ark royal and see where he or she revives. (should put sweat in storage and promise to bring the person back after :D )

on the old system i noticed that i always revive on the ship i was last on, even if another ship where im registered to is closer to me in that moment.

if the ship i was last on was destroyed i revived at the closest station to wait for it.

In the past for crew who shares access to Kronan and Normandie there have been cases where people from Kronan revived on Normandie instead. So it sure can happen with public revives to be catched from another ship if those revives work for people who are not on the guestlist. Will test this soon.

Great new ms features i like it.

Before VU: Pres "T" and travel fast
After VU: Logout in space and travel fast

MA are you even trying? :laugh:

Another side effect I've found (note that this was before the .1 mini-patch) is that if you are on a Vega class vessel and need to exit quickly, you can no longer do so by removing yourself from the GL.

The removal works, but you remain on the ship - probably under the 'public' rules.

Not good.

It is now confirmed just tested with Ark Royal - if setting mothership to public the revive becomes a public revive working for everyone close to it with probably all the consequences that could raise from this as mentioned in first post.

Allowing everyone to enter a spacecraft will include pirates and blind passengers.

I can understand not wanting the rats... but what do you have against blind people? :cool:;)

Keep in mind it also could work the other way round - collecting all the pirates when they die close to Normandie then warp them to where Ark Royal awaits them in public setting - kill off Normandie with Ark and they all get bootet and revive on Ark - set backwards course through the universe with pilots on 24/7 shift.

Voila first entropia secure prison ship in existance and prisoners can not even sent position information cause they are not on the guestlist :p

Lovely! You deserve a medal if this happens!! :yay::yay:
And yes... didn't the rats INSIST on "no logout" in space policy? ;)

Really? you can't use T anymore? What would happen if you get killed and accidently closed the revive window. :scratch2:

Good question.

It is now confirmed just tested with Ark Royal - if setting mothership to public the revive becomes a public revive working for everyone close to it with probably all the consequences that could raise from this as mentioned in first post.

Maybe the PUBLIC setting is not intended for general use? ie It could be used for EVENTS or RESCUE missions? But perhaps, only temporary, at discretion of the MS Commander. Who knows what adventures the future holds when Space becomes like EVE online?!

That's sick!!!! I'm strangely exited about it. Yes yes catch all the pirates so me and the other chosen ones can have space all to our selves. :headbang:

your cage cannot hold me! I am the fucking LAWBRINGER!

Make pvp inside the ms too be nice to kill all inside n leave the ship :laugh:

I'm curious to see which mothership will become the first fulltime public ship ingame, that for sure will make it way more popular :)

Easy fix for people not on guest list. Make anyone not on guest list in public access PvP enabled so you can shoot and kill them. Since they are not on guest list they revive at nearest space station.:vampire:

Easy fix for people not on guest list. Make anyone not on guest list in public access PvP enabled so you can shoot and kill them. Since they are not on guest list they revive at nearest space station.:vampire:
That's a good idea too :lolup:

If you die inside the mothership you revive inside even when not on the guestlist, we already tested that :)

In my opinion the public access is a nice feature but it needs some additions to make it fair for everyone:
1. If dying in space and a mobile public revive is closest revive people should be offered a choice if they want to revive on the mothership or on the closest spacestation/spacestation they last were on (however its decided to be balanced).
2. There should be an ms owner manageable list of people who will not be allowed onboard even with public access enabled.
3. There should be a restriction list for each avatar to disable specific public mobile revives or all of them at once, this should also be checked if such an avatar would be added to one ships guestlist. The personal restriction list should always come first in check. Standard setting for new avatars should be all public mobile revives disabled until one manually enables such a revive or enters the respective mothership first time and is prompted with a checkbox if he wants to enable this public mobile revive for his avatar.

Without the above 3 steps public revives provide a dangerous situation to space travelers should one of them get in the 'wrong' hands.

I can understand not wanting the rats... but what do you have against blind people?

Thanks for notifying me about my translation error :laugh:
In german language blind passenger is a term used to describe people who sneak onboard of trains, planes, ships and travel on them secretly - so the correct translation would have been stowaway.

Corrected in first post.

:eyecrazy: so now I can just die n revive in ms @@ cool free ride forever for the ones like sneak in :laugh:

:eyecrazy: so now I can just die n revive in ms @@ cool free ride forever for the ones like sneak in :laugh:

Stowaway alert!!!!! :laugh:

stowaway.jpg

Back