I wish that we would actually be listened to.

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
Seen the new planet calypso website? oh gosh it's horrible. Do we really get ignored this badly? Us the community have practically handed MA a winning formula for how to improve things and they just get totally ignored.
I was shocked when I saw the new site. It looks totally unfinished, and the pages are just huge walls of text that nobody looking to play a game for the first time will read.

MA I'm addressing you directly: it's one of those things you just need to hire somebody else to do for you, because you can go into extreme detail and it will all make sense to you, but to somebody who's never even heard of the game before they don't want to read 20 essays to know what it's about. They want a trailer, and the main points of the game to be highlighted for them. That's it.

The site is scrappy. It should look the same accross different browsers yet it doesn't.
Examples of ingame societies are advertised on the site, which seems unprofessional, bringing the societies up in importance and the game down at the same time. This isn't EVE online where there are default societies, here they are all player run.

The graphics are TERRIBLE. What is this??? >
bob.JPG
Not only horrifically bad quality, the attempt at humour is just flat.
The background was designed for one screen resolution in mind, which is 1440x900. I'm assuming it was created by somebody using a screen of this resolution. Why does the background image not adapt to window size, or at least repeat along the X-axis?

The old website was a tonne better than this. This website would barely even have been impressive in 2002.

MA why do you not aim to impress us? Why do you dawdle along not getting things done, and when they do get done they are done very badly.

One step forward, ten steps back. Fix it!

If I was running a company and the person employed to run the website made something this bad they wouldn't have a job anymore.

(http://planetcalypso.com)

Last edited:
Perhaps an URL to this abomination could have been of use?

Well, at least it's now in EN version only, the last version was mixing EN and FR content (for FR speaking ppl), that was not professional looking.

Can't really blame MA for the graphic for a player made and run tool like Bob the Builder, but where are the cool trailers for the game? Where is the stuff to make people at least want to take a look? Maybe I missed them

The site doesn't fit properly in 1080p it has broken menu's and other areas

I'll just add my support to the OP.

The new calypso site is the worst web page design I have seen in a while, if ever:eyecrazy:
It does nothing to make one want to try the game.

To those responsible, PLEASE HIRE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO A WEBPAGE!!!!!!!!

The site doesn't fit properly in 1080p it has broken menu's and other areas

Huh? I play with full screen 1080p (1920x1080) all of teh time and I have no problems with anything being broken?

To me they made a website that might be OK for a business but not for a game. It looks way to clean and clinical and to me has nothing to do with a game what so ever and I'm sure everybody that will visit the game, that does not know it will probably leave right away because it is boring.

Ever wondered why most if not all gaming websites have a dark template to them. well because white hurts the games eyes when they visit the website from their dark computer room. Might wanna change that to MA.

Some game websites that at least tell me at first glance that it is a website about a game and have something interesting going on right away:

http://www.eveonline.com/
http://sto.perfectworld.com/
https://account.hirezstudios.com/globalagendagame/
http://www.thesecretworld.com/news

:confused: other than the navigation bar across the top and the background, im struggling to see whats different. i dont think its ever scaled properly and on the content of things like societies thats been there for years (note to SV... our site needs a bit of an update:ahh:).

Seen the new planet calypso website?

Which website are you talking about. Could you please add a link in opening post. Thanks.

To me they made a website that might be OK for a business but not for a game. It looks way to clean and clinical and to me has nothing to do with a game what so ever and I'm sure everybody that will visit the game, that does not know it will probably leave right away because it is boring.

Which website are you talking about? could you also add a link?

I wonder if everyone above is talking about same website. Is it this one:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/

If so yes it needs improving. It seems to be a mish mash of old website and new front page. The front page background graphic looks awful on my widescreen monitor.

Yes OP mentions the Planet Calypso website, so that would indeed be www.planetcalypso.com (at least that's the one I was talking about)

If you look at www.mindark.com it has the same white template on it, but for a company webisite that is OK with me, but as I said for a gaming website like www.planetcalypso.com it is way to white.

Yes OP mentions the Planet Calypso website, so that would indeed be www.planetcalypso.com (at least that's the one I was talking about)

If you look at www.mindark.com it has the same white template on it, but for a company webisite that is OK with me, but as I said for a gaming website like www.planetcalypso.com it is way to white.

I could use that screen to light my house at night its so bright.:eureka:

Hmm I like it. I see nothing wrong with it all.. Easy to navigate and good overall looks. :scratch2: What I also like it the city that is depicted in behind.. I would like to see this as the new PA. :)

Hmm I like it. I see nothing wrong with it all.. Easy to navigate and good overall looks. :scratch2: What I also like it the city that is depicted in behind.. I would like to see this as the new PA. :)
I just had a look at the other sites Razer posted, I like them as well but don't see too much in the way of being better or worse. What I like more about some of the sites is they use a vid to show more about the game play/story line about the product. I think this would add to Caly as well. :D

Apart from the background not scaling with screen size i don't see much wrong with it. Easy to navigate, Links to a lot of different forums, Entropedia, Entropialife etc. I appreciate that they have a lot of information both on the site and also links to other sites with information and help such as this forum.

I don't think a trailer is something really necessary but i guess it would be a good addition to the site. Although if there was to be a trailer i think a more informative trailer would be better then a teaser trailer would.

As for the "20 essays" comment i would think that having that information available would be a plus. I agree that most people wouldn't read through the entire site before starting the game however it would be a good way for a newer player to go back and read a specific part that he or she may not understand about the game or are having a problem with.

Best regards
Zweshi

Which website are you talking about. Could you please add a link in opening post. Thanks.

Which website are you talking about? could you also add a link?

I wonder if everyone above is talking about same website. Is it this one:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/

What other official Planet Calypso website is there?

Back