where to find dunkel plastix

alihussain01

hi guys for past 3 days i am trying to find dunkel and no luck any body know or have it plz tell me
thanks

what is the averange depth you making?

It is rare. Only found at deep depths. Someone told me that they only found it once in all the years they've played.

That said... you can buy it on auction usually.

So rare infact that most BPs that use it are being wasted in storage for years!

So rare infact that most BPs that use it are being wasted in storage for years!
Pretty much. MA wants us to get as little MU as possible, and they can get away with it for stuff like Dunkel and Ruga because they aren't used to craft high volume items like finder amps. :coffee:

I've been mining for almost 4 years. I've found dunkel only once.

I have skilled to L37 pros naturally and in all that time, never found it, and last 1.5 years been searching 1490ish average search depth. I probably need to go deeper.

I have skilled to L37 pros naturally and in all that time, never found it, and last 1.5 years been searching 1490ish average search depth. I probably need to go deeper.

nah the depth is more then enough, you just need to find the right locations.

nah the depth is more then enough, you just need to find the right locations.

Exactly. Think of it like this, you will get 1 hit of dunkel every 100 probes you drop if you use right equip in the right place.

1/100 is just an aproximate, could be 1/1000 but you get the point.

The low hitrate makes it dam hard to map a dunkel area, thats for sure. The old mapped areas aint 100% correct anymore.
The other thing is the cap on rares. Almost impossible to get a high tt hit of a rare. So if you are overamped you cant find it.

Last edited:
Like all ores they spawn a fixed amount, this amount will fail x amount of the time in crafting, or make x amount of items, in order to control the output and input (balance) of the game resources.

(kind of like (l) bps, only a certain amount of clicks are dropped, based on the universal supply of clicks, and as it fluctuates (existing are clicked).)
I had more than a few (L) rare that respawned some clicks within a week from killing an existing bp.

Same for these kinds of ores, save em up, market goes about dead, click em...more pop up.

In the case of dunkel, Something like 2 a month if that, as seen from auction whoring.(a few bps use more per click, and they usually fail, the gods have sick humor. ;))

Its not that anyone has an x/xxx chance over anyone else, its just that x amount are dropped into the economy per month. The chances are only a little better with the right gear, but its still a lotto ticket for the ones that do drop. If everyone tries to make/find/hunt item xyz, only a few will get x returned while the rest pay for it. When you find the item xyz that drops x amount rarely, and noone else is getting them (hunting the mob,clicking a bp), you own most of the supply/output of said item, and win EU with markup.

This is the game.

Last edited:
/mod note/ Two identical threads by OP merged and moved to mining sub-forum.

Depth bit is a myth as i have only found dunkel two or maybe three times and they were when i was < lvl 20 in the profession. I dont remember the gear i used as its been quite sometime but dunkel is not something u go looking for unlike tride and redu which you can get with certain amount of certainty. If i remember correctly both of my hits were in and around shinook river but i dont think that will help much. I do remember being amazed when i got them. I think i have kept 1 in storage as a momento :)

Don't need excessive depth to find dunkel. Just need to know the spots. They are tiny islated regions dotted across Amethera+eudoria, and are the spawn places are all in oil/sweetstuff spots too. hence your one piece of dunkel you find 0.55@2500% in 100 oil finds of means you average ~115% return or less.

Maybe you should mine for enmatters next time :D

This stuff is really rare, like tridenite also. I only find around 10 dunkel plastic, since 7 years mining, and 3 stones of tridenite.

First dunkel i find with a 102 finder near PA in old PE. So maybe don't need deep, it is just very rare.

Maybe you should mine for enmatters next time :D

lol yeah I didnt write that right. I am 34 survey, because after the first 6 months I played, I have never stopped double bombing because I afraid I am gonna miss something and it kills my return, but I JUST CANT STOP!!!

i even think the Depth is to much Range of dunkel sits around 800- and on
and it is locationssssssssss

found it quite a few times myself :) always by accident

I have found Dunkel about 3-4 times if I remember correctly, and it was mostly found on Arkadia. Maybe once on Calypso.

This is like the first 6-8 months Arkadia was open. Not sure how they change the mining fields since then.

My one and only find was 573m deep, about 200m SE of Limnadium about 18mths ago or so..
Still in storage hoping to find a match one day :)

Ha, here is a funny one, noms on dinner ... I was so new when I got 2 stones of the stuff once only I TT'd it, back then it was worth a lot. I had no idea, was too new at the time.

Exactly. Think of it like this, you will get 1 hit of dunkel every 100 probes you drop if you use right equip in the right place.

1/100 is just an aproximate, could be 1/1000 but you get the point.

The low hitrate makes it dam hard to map a dunkel area, thats for sure. The old mapped areas aint 100% correct anymore.
The other thing is the cap on rares. Almost impossible to get a high tt hit of a rare. So if you are overamped you cant find it.

If it really was 1/100 it would just few hundred % and you would see akoz clicking dantes... It's ultra rare, same as ruga maybe? Maybe even rarer since you can get a few ruga stones on ark nowadays?

I used to find some regularly in a few spots , but did not see any since months now and recent changes in mining spawns for sure do not help.
By the way, you will find dunkel particles, plastix is the refined form.

GL.

I've found some recently in the the LA north of Shinook River LA, VRX2K finder unenhanced, unamped. Was about 850m deep.

Found it 3 times with old ju40 (z-15 now? no idea, not playing atm)
And once with old ju55 (z-20 probably today)

Each time I used Ma101 light amp

All dunkel was found on road from Shinook river down to Akmuul, near the sea.
But its been a long time and I directly remember only 1 place - few metres south from shinook river tp :p

I have found Dunkel twice, both somewhere west of New Oxford.

Back in the day... I found it north of omegaton west habitat and sakura city but that was quite a while ago.

LA northwest of Oshiri had a relatively renewable spot pre-VU10. Ain't been out there a lot lately..

Back