Question: How do we fix AFK Sweating?

Bonewagon

Young
As a new player in this game, I've had to start sweating to supplement my income with sweating. Some suggest group sweating, so I made my way over to Nea's and got to work. The strategy is pretty simple: you form a circle around the beastie and sweat it until it's dry, drag it to the turrets, and bring a fresh one to the circle.

The problem is that many people go afk while they sweat and don't even bother getting into the circle. When they inevitably get aggro, they drag the victim out of the circle, making life hard for EVERYONE. Now, I know sweating is a slow and boring way to make money, but it's pretty much the only source of income for new players (aside from sinking real money into the game). To pass the time, I watch TV, listen to music, or chat with my fellow sweaters, etc, but I'm always at my screen to make sure I don't screw it up for everyone else.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much to hope that everyone would be considerate and help the group.

That's why I put it to the friendly DEVs at MA to try and come up with a solution for those of us who DO care. Please help make our lives easier until we can move up the food-chain a little.

As a new player in this game, I've had to start sweating to supplement my income with sweating. Some suggest group sweating, so I made my way over to Nea's and got to work. The strategy is pretty simple: you form a circle around the beastie and sweat it until it's dry, drag it to the turrets, and bring a fresh one to the circle.

The problem is that many people go afk while they sweat and don't even bother getting into the circle. When they inevitably get aggro, they drag the victim out of the circle, making life hard for EVERYONE. Now, I know sweating is a slow and boring way to make money, but it's pretty much the only source of income for new players (aside from sinking real money into the game). To pass the time, I watch TV, listen to music, or chat with my fellow sweaters, etc, but I'm always at my screen to make sure I don't screw it up for everyone else.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much to hope that everyone would be considerate and help the group.

That's why I put it to the friendly DEVs at MA to try and come up with a solution for those of us who DO care. Please help make our lives easier until we can move up the food-chain a little.

You could make sure the AFK people get stomped by the empty mobs

You could sweat elsewhere then Nea's - there used to be sweating going on in Limnadian, maybe this also happens - the AFK sweaters would be eaten faster there.

Even in Nea's, I think making more smaller circles would help, no?

You could make sure the AFK people get stomped by the empty mobs

You could sweat elsewhere then Nea's - there used to be sweating going on in Limnadian, maybe this also happens - the AFK sweaters would be eaten faster there.

Even in Nea's, I think making more smaller circles would help, no?

Unfortunately, letting the empties run loose just means they'll get in the way of everyone. I've gone to other sweating places, but some are only active at certain times of day. We've tried making tight circles, but somehow the afkers still manage to drag the target out. I honestly don't know how to fix it, or if it is even fixable. Maybe someone can come up with a decent solution.

there's a new sweating place (tp big industries ola 1 i think) i want to go there but i dont have the tp so im stuck at neas sweating with afkers

Or find more people like you, team up with them and sweat on smaller mobs.

there's a new sweating place (tp big industries ola 1 i think) i want to go there but i dont have the tp so im stuck at neas sweating with afkers

You should ask around at Nea's for a free TP-flight. There are often kindly people who help out with this issue.

Sometimes the spot at B.I.G. Industries is filled with afkers too. But usually it's better than Nea's Place.

Last edited:
Or find more people like you, team up with them and sweat on smaller mobs.

Yes, this was often done at Limnadian when the amount of afk sweaters got too high... Sadly, it meant the new group had to move quite a bit to get away from the afkers, but might be worth it?

To pass the time, I watch TV, listen to music, or chat with my fellow sweaters, etc, but I'm always at my screen to make sure I don't screw it up for everyone else.

Watching TV, etc is AFK sweating! Are you asking for ways for MA to keep you from doing exactly what you are doing? It sure sounds like it. Others that are afk are doing exactly the same thing as you. The only difference is they might have another browser up on top of EU in windowed mode, be really 'in to' the movie they are watching on tv to not be paying attention to eu window for a little while longer than you, or whatever.

If you are asking for ways for MA to stop AFK sweating, MA might make it so that max sweats from any mob is 1 sweat before they are dry. That way folks won't tend to try to gather together in circles, etc. The circles themselves that you are participating in are what's causing people to go afk in the first place. If they didn't exist the afkers wouldn't try to go afk as much since they wouldn't have the relative safety of the circle.

Another way Mindark might make it possible to make sweating in circles less possible which causes afk sweating would be to put area affect damage on all mobs, or even on the environment itself if no mob is present, in game if you don't move.

I think some other MMOs are programmed so that if your avatar doesn't move in any direction after so many seconds it starts taking automatic damage every so many seconds of nonmovment, even if there is no mob nearby. Some games give you a 'prompt' before the damage starts in by doing some sort of animation showing the avatar is bored or asking you if you are going to do something or whatever... then after that little warning here comes the damages, etc.

Might be something interesting to put in game. Might kill off sweat circles and afk spammers in the cities too. Of course, then they'd just gather at the revives. Maybe after 3 deaths from nonmovement, especially if the non-movement is in a revive terminal's radar the system would auto log you out. They'd have to make up for that for crafters though since many crafters go afk?.. and those using the new android app are all afk I guess (not sure if your avatar even shows up in the game world if you are on android app? If not, that might not be such a big issue). Another thing that could be done is alter the auto tool so that it turns off after every 5 seconds or something. After the 5 seconds you'd have to take action to restart it. Of course, though if all that reclick is is just hitting the auto tool icon again, afkers will just use macros to hit that over and over, which is exactly what caused MA to want to put auto tool in game in the first place, so not sure that's a solution.

If the one sweat per mob type of thing was in game afkers might actually try exploring the game instead of just going to Neas or wherever the circles are and making that their endgame goal for the rest of time, causing lag in the server on that area instead of trying to play the game like most normal participants that deposit.

Last edited:
i think in that case its just the risk you take of this sweating method

granted, if everyone was there fully concentrated sweating all of the time it would probably me more efficient
but it isnt that bad already

and when i was around there i kept missing quite some dry ones as well, simply because i was also watching TV or having quite some pms open and didnt concentrate on sweating 100%
just happens

in either case, its still better than sweating totally alone where you get 100% of the hits, so even the afk guys have their advantages

i find the "get rid of he afkers" a bit funny tho, especially with the explanation of leading the mobs out of the sweating circle

because the sweating circle is mostly there for plain convenience
basically so that people can put auto use tool on and CAN be afk without "being there" 100% and the aiming works smoothly and automatically :p
so in a way, the afkers force the other people to be more present, its ironic :)

in the past i had also good results with sweating groups of ~4 people
its a bit easier to coordinate as well

still, afking is part of sweating, especially since its so boring, can't do much about it

I just thought of a way to keep people from AFK sweating! :wise:

Implement a message that pops up randomly every now and then while using auto tool for sweating, saying:
WARNING

Your VSE is jammed! If the jam is not fixed, it may malfunction!

You then have to press a "Fix the jam" button within 10 seconds, or you die from an electrical discharge :silly2: would send any AFK people back to revive rather quickly, I believe

(Obviously, to avoid quick-T exploit in PvP and such things, it would have to be capped at dealing 99% damage there or something).

Just dump a vehicle on them so they will come closer if their move-to function is enabled. Or place in front just behind the position you would like them to stand. They will automatically walk up there.

If their move-to option is disabled nothing will happen, but they won't get sweat either.

If you sort out this 'problem' everyone will sweat more efficiently and get more sweat, the price will go down due to higher supply and you'll be no better off.

This is a real money game, making things better for everyone doesn't make things better for everyone. Try and figure out a way to play the game that's better for you and you're friends/society.

If you dont like afklers sweat alone -there are tiny mobs outside which cant even kill a naked nub :laugh:

But please dont fuck the auto-use tool function, I want to be able to afk drill my claims in the next years too

Watching TV, etc is AFK sweating! Are you asking for ways for MA to keep you from doing exactly what you are doing? It sure sounds like it. Others that are afk are doing exactly the same thing as you. The only difference is they might have another browser up on top of EU in windowed mode, be really 'in to' the movie they are watching on tv to not be paying attention to eu window for a little while longer than you, or whatever.

Ummm...no. I only have to look a little to the right of my screen, and I can see my TV, and I have no trouble keeping some of my attention on the game. If I get too into what's on, have to use the phone for a bit, need a bathroom break, or whatever, I politely move away from the circle.

go outside the LA, its pvp, used to do that when swunting years ago so we could pop people that were taking the piss/freeloading/being a general nuisance.
simples

Not a fix, but I did have an evil thought. When I sweat, I usually lead the dry or excess mobs to the turrets. I get a little amusement watching the afkers follow the mob and pointlessly try to sweat its corpse for a few minutes. Would it be considered griefing if I dragged the mob the other way into other mobs? I know that I'd get murdered pretty quickly, but I'm sure to get a good number of afkers to come along with me.

AFK players tend to follow the mob if its not too fast. Just move towards and turret and once mob is turreted, the afk'rs will just park there for a while.

Simply find new mob further away, and have fun. Rinse. Repeat.

Be careful what you ask for!

There was a recent support case made about token rewards for the Feffoid Cave being higher than for other missions.
Result: Feffoid Cave mission tokens reduced from 5 to 2.

We have recently seen Allo/Esto altered so that they aren't sweated at all any more. By asking for AFK sweating to be "fixed" you might find a "favorite mob" similarly affected.

If it isn't broke (and its not too broken) don't fix it.

:sweat:

If you find it a problem and other sweaters are similarly annoyed with afkers, use currently existing game mechanics to solve the problem instead of trying to get MA to make a fix (in which they'll mess up more important features of the game and make sweating a lot more inconvenient).

Sweat in PVP instead

Move your circle

Adjust your circle to include the afkers

Move to a different area

Stand in front of the afkers

Sweat solo... you get more skills

drag the mob and the afk sweaters to pvp lootable!

and seriously: go drag the mob to the afk sweaters. then you dont have a problem with two circles etc. simply make sure you always drag the mob to the exact same spot, then everybody can be afk, except for the tagger.

just spam out that you are forming a sweating circle at the fertilizer station. you only take sweaters that wont be afk.

Hello there, as a fellow sweater let me give you my perspective on it......neas sucks for sweating :) even though (or because) its the most popular spot. It is not really the AFKS fault, although in that setting at that location it sorta is.

I say this because I have seen some very successful sweat circles, where you could in fact afk for a long time and not cause the kinds of trouble you see at neas. Neas is a combination of problems that all compound on each other.

However when everyone stands in a circle, and nobody moves from the circle, and you leave room to move new mobs into the circle (a U is better than a circle). and you have a killer for drys and adds, every one besides the puller healer and killers can go afk..and for the most part imo should go aflk.

a afk standing in the above circle is a bonus to the group as he spreads the damage out "is a meat shield".
A active moving out of the circle, acting goofy, can cause way more trouble.

And that's what we see at neas, when the people go afk, they are in a circle around a large mob that will take a long time to dry. when it does dry the circle usually runs like lemmings to the next mob, leaving the afks standing in the perfect circle that was...and now causing bad agro. had they pulled the mob to the circle, this would have been avoided.

On top of that agro is bad, and the mobs push really hard and can move people..and it makes for a chaotic environment.

The answer? find a good swunt group, rotate killers as people have ped, sweat a mob you all like. and avoid the hassle of neas. There are some groups, formal and informal already out there in the wild. But you might want to try to understand all play styles a little bit better, and not just blame "afks" before you try to join them :)

Best of luck pm me in game anytime if you want to chat, I have done a bit of sweating in my time :cool: but I did a lot of it afk, not at neas :)

Hello there, as a fellow sweater let me give you my perspective on it......neas sucks for sweating :) even though (or because) its the most popular spot. It is not really the AFKS fault, although in that setting at that location it sorta is.

I say this because I have seen some very successful sweat circles, where you could in fact afk for a long time and not cause the kinds of trouble you see at neas. Neas is a combination of problems that all compound on each other.

However when everyone stands in a circle, and nobody moves from the circle, and you leave room to move new mobs into the circle (a U is better than a circle). and you have a killer for drys and adds, every one besides the puller healer and killers can go afk..and for the most part imo should go aflk.

a afk standing in the above circle is a bonus to the group as he spreads the damage out "is a meat shield".
A active moving out of the circle, acting goofy, can cause way more trouble.

And that's what we see at neas, when the people go afk, they are in a circle around a large mob that will take a long time to dry. when it does dry the circle usually runs like lemmings to the next mob, leaving the afks standing in the perfect circle that was...and now causing bad agro. had they pulled the mob to the circle, this would have been avoided.

On top of that agro is bad, and the mobs push really hard and can move people..and it makes for a chaotic environment.

The answer? find a good swunt group, rotate killers as people have ped, sweat a mob you all like. and avoid the hassle of neas. There are some groups, formal and informal already out there in the wild. But you might want to try to understand all play styles a little bit better, and not just blame "afks" before you try to join them :)

Best of luck pm me in game anytime if you want to chat, I have done a bit of sweating in my time :cool: but I did a lot of it afk, not at neas :)

It's also not the smartest thing to swunt AMBU, since they regen and only part of the regen gets paid back in loot. swunting longu is a much better choice, because they have slow regen. There is a landarea called camp sweat with Longu.

For active sweaters I recommend the big industries landarea traeskeron area, active sweaters can simply walk backwards and sweat and never get hit.

However, do keep in mind, event lands do not come equipped with auctions, trade, or other various terminals.

Nea's offers all the facilities + TP + a large community gathering place (which was lost after Sweat Camp got nerfed). And... most importantly.. it has a player booth! *wink* *wink* ;)

Back