New Avatar Pics!

got another headshot ..wanted to be black too :p

My first thought was young "Connor" from Assassin's Creed 3... :yup:

Ha yes, thought that too...

The yellow eyes of my avatar are really great btw, you can see them glittering from quite far away :D very nice effect

uhmmm ... my new hair has developed an annoying habit of slipping

hairbug.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

(... guess it's a lag problem)

Hair tips - second from the left.
"second from the top on the left" - skin color :)

Yeah I see that one, I was hoping for not normal skin colors, like blue, purple, green :)

Yeah I see that one, I was hoping for not normal skin colors, like blue, purple, green :)
Yep, I understood, but as I initially replied - nope...

But seen blue skinned avatar screenshot somewhere :laugh: (most likely just bug)

[updated]
Here it is:
I thought I had walked into the movie Avatar.

You can have a greenish tint or a purplish pink at least :silly2:

hairbug.jpg

umhh ye.. can you see where you are going? :D lol

yesterday I met a friend he has a HUGE flag at his head.. its his hair when he equipps a hat! that was strange too, it went through the roof in the auction hall!

I like my women large with hands like a beast!

hairbug.jpg

yesterday I met a friend he has a HUGE flag at his head.. its his hair when he equipps a hat! that was strange too, it went through the roof in the auction hall!
Oh, you don't like her new eyelashes? :cry:

Yep, I understood, but as I initially replied - nope...

But seen blue skinned avatar screenshot somewhere :laugh: (most likely just bug)

[updated]
Here it is:

Yeah its a bug, too bad cause I was hoping you could be blue :laugh:

You can have a greenish tint or a purplish pink at least :silly2:

Yeah I might go with that, if MA reneges on their unlimited changes next week I am gonna be f'd :eyecrazy:

Boobs have to much polygons now, it is impossible to render so much boobs in one time. I talking about crashes in Twin Peaks :mad::cussing:

entropia_2013-01-24_21-34-07-27.jpg

:laugh:

... seems I always get it after tping or getting out of a vehicle ... hair is always late, in the wrong place, or both.

Hey, didn't they say f avas don't have facial hair options? :laugh:

Boobs have to much polygons now, it is impossible to render so much boobs in one time. I talking about crashes in Twin Peaks :mad::cussing:

entropia_2013-01-24_21-34-07-27.jpg

Maybe you crashed because you put double D's on a skeleton.

It probably doesn't help that a lot of the male avatars have man-boobs, which doubles the graphics rendering strain on the servers. :silly2:

:laugh:

... seems I always get it after tping or getting out of a vehicle ... hair is always late, in the wrong place, or both.

Hey, didn't they say f avas don't have facial hair options? :laugh:

I noticed the same thing, after using a vehicle my cap(forget which one, it's orange and black). screwed up everytime and my hairstyle even vanished.
Had one or two issues with both Adj. Pixie helmet and Vigi Helmet doing the same thing.
Also with Vigi, on the shoulders, the black and white areas kind of blurred. Making grey looking stripes.
Will take a screenshot tomorrow, if someone else doesn't do it before me, or if I'm the only one seeing this.

This jaded robot killer got a brand new look for 2013 too.
I'm actually quite satisfied with the new me. :yay:

newusu.jpg

With the exception of the usual overly-dark tan, your new you looks simply marvy. :cool:

Maybe (probably) it's only me but I have a certain feeling that most female avas now look very similar.

:confused:

Maybe (probably) it's only me but I have a certain feeling that most female avas now look very similar.

It's possible, if they started from standard one and didn't modify it a lot.

Actually, I think it's quite possible to create a distinctive avatar, female or otherwise, but you have to choose some options that stray from the "middle" slider setting, which is like a default for everything. Looking through all the female avatars people are submitting, I think I look quite different from most, at least IMO anyway. Maybe to others, I look the same? :girl:

Even back in the old days when there were far fewer options, I always tried to make myself distinctive enough that people would recognize me before even reading my avatar name-bar.

EDIT: The only "fail" was with my avatar immediately before this new one. I can't remember what went wrong but I lost my red hair and my eyes went from a piercing gaze to a kind of sleepy, dopey one. I for one am glad for the re-design, once the wrinkles are ironed out (hopefully). Now, if only I could get a natural red hair color back...

Last edited:

I get that constantly. I noticed I can fix it temporarily by equipping a weapon/tool, but it comes back on its own soon enough.

Not as bad as I thought it would be....and I was worried. I like my new avi better. Maybe a little tweaking but..
Before:

After:

Seriously? They all looked the same after VU10. I've seen tons of differences since this last VU (not counting the trolls and orcs)

Is anyone else now seeing everything darker than before - like the contrast has gone to shit or half the lights in the service centres are off???

Seriously? They all looked the same after VU10. I've seen tons of differences since this last VU (not counting the trolls and orcs)

..and some seriously cute looking female new avi's out there - much respect to those who created them

Back