Info: Revision 2 - The Viperstrike 2013 Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative for Calypso

Status
Hi viper/

My name is Zlatescu Madalin and my game name is Zlatescu Android madalin.

Its a great oportunity for new players, so i want to thanks very much for this.

I hope there is one more place for me:)

Welcome

Hi viper/

My name is Zlatescu Madalin and my game name is Zlatescu Android madalin.

Its a great oportunity for new players, so i want to thanks very much for this.

Hi there zlmada,

Good to have you with us. I shall add you to the FEB-2013 list in a few days when it arrives.

And thanks for the thanks, I am glad to help where I can :)

Cheers,
Viper

Hey Viper

My ingame name is: Mata Trader Mata, i joined just a few days ago this interesting game. I played alot MMo, but this seems one of a kind. So with your starter kit i could have a good push to see what is this game all about.

Thanks!

My ingame name is: Mata Trader Mata, i joined just a few days ago this interesting game. I played alot MMo, but this seems one of a kind. So with your starter kit i could have a good push to see what is this game all about.

Thanks!

Hi there Mata Trader,

Welcome to planet calypso and our forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

I shall add you to the FEB-2013 list once it arrives in a few days time :)

Cheers,
Viper

Hi Viper

I joined just few days ago and newcomer pack would be a nice start. :) My full name in game is Rience Isley Sodergren.

Thanks !

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the Welcome Viper look forward to playing and chatting some in game...

HI Viper.. I'm also a new player interested in being added... in game is John Slient Doe... Thanks and Good Luck

Welcome to the newcomer initiative!

I joined just few days ago and newcomer pack would be a nice start. :) My full name in game is Rience Isley Sodergren.

Thanks !

HI Viper.. I'm also a new player interested in being added... in game is John Slient Doe... Thanks and Good Luck

Welcome guys.

I shall add you both to the list once it has been released on FEB-01st.

Cheers,
Viper

Hi Viperstrike,

My ava is called Zar Tango Lima and I think your initiative is awesome :). I would like to be added to the list and will try to get some of my friends in on this as well.

Cheers Zar

Hi Viperstrike,

My ava is called Zar Tango Lima and I think your initiative is awesome :). I would like to be added to the list and will try to get some of my friends in on this as well.

Cheers Zar

Hello Zar,

Welcome to the initiative! I will add you to the FEB-2013 list once it arrives :)

Cheers,
Viper

JAN to FEB Review.

Hi All,

I am looking to review the structure of the Newcomer Initiative to further refine its potential and to avoid those who would likely look to exploit getting the newcomer starter pack.

There is some exciting news in the works that I would love to talk about, but can not at this stage until I have finished discussing it with those involved.

To say the least, I will be putting a lot more time and effort into the initiative than before :)

But what I can tell you is what I hope to achieve:

• 60 x Newcomer Starter Packs per month (2 per day) given out @ 25 PED value each.
  • 1 x Grand Prize given out at the end of each month @ 500 PED Value.
  • Reserve funds from packs failed ot be given away to go towards either:
  • a. Newcomer Event Sponsorship
  • b. Sweat Purchases from Newcomers

Conditions that will apply to help weed out scammers and to improve social activity:

This will involve a simple set of tasks, which will include:
  • Registering with this forum - Planet Calypso Forum (PCF)
  • Posting a proper introduction to say hello and a little about yourself
  • Posting a request to join a society ingame if you have not already joined one.
  • Posting a request for a mentor if you do not already have one.
  • Finally - A post from both your society leader and mentor to welcome you aboard.

The goal behind this is to get you actively involved within the community, both on this forum and within the game. Once these tasks have been achieved, you will be rewarded with your Newcomer Starter Pack.

Also to be eligable for the monthly grand prize, you must complete the kill 100 puny mission to enter.
To claim the grand prize, you must also complete the kill 500 puny mission.

Cheers,
Viper

PS. This will start on FEB-2013.

Feedback is always welcomed.

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I know a number of people have had concerns about the newcomer initiative whereby people may take advantage of my good will in creating multiple accounts.

In the previous post, I have listed a few of the stop measures to prevent this occuring.

However that being said, I am open to all ideas as long as they are not too complicated for a newcomer to Entropia Universe to achieve.

The way i see it, 25 PED is worth 25 hours of sweating (500 bottles per hour).
So the above outlined takss should take no more than 3 to 5 hours if that to achieve.

I think this is a fair trade to ask in exchange for a newcomer starter pack.

Please provide feedback,

Thanks,
Viper

Сondition for receiving "starer pack" can be: To get to a remote location on Ametheria, you will set remote location randomly for every newcomer.

But this does not prevent from ppl with 2 computers.

Сondition for receiving "starer pack" can be: To get to a remote location on Ametheria, you will set remote location randomly for every newcomer.

But this does not prevent from ppl with 2 computers.

Hi Evil,

That may be a bit difficult to start with for fresh newcomers. It took me a long time ot even realise there was another continent when I first started back in 07.

Trying for the easier things to do to encourage social interaction :)

However that being said, maybe one of the conditions is to pickup the starter pack, you must first successfully make it to Nea's Place where most of the sweating is done these days.

With a mentor this should be quite easy to achieve!

Thanks for the feedback so far :)

Regards,
Viper

You make their life too easy :laugh: .I started right after cars was implemented, they was very expensive and I was just a sweater. For too month I exploring Calypso on foot, and if someone told me that in "some location" I could find 25 ped, trox fields would not stop me :cool:

If newcomer is too lazy, screw him. Еxploring is the soul of Entropia.

You make their life too easy :laugh: .I started right after cars was implemented, they was very expensive and I was just a sweater. For too month I exploring Calypso on foot, and if someone told me that in "some location" I could find 25 ped, trox fields would not stop me :cool:

hehe :) I know, I explored all on foot before cars were implemented too, but times have changed a bit :)

If I do make it too hard, people won't go for it. If I make it too easy, people will create multiple accounts.

It is very much a catch-22, so a balance is needed.

I am only 3 years here and ordinary newbies already has turned in fat lazy m....f.....rs :laugh: New islands have few missions where newbies can get free "mission tokens". To get the pack they need to show you № tokens. Loooooong swim :tongue2:

I`m out of ideas.

Maybe I am thinking too simple here, but can't you ask a moderator to do an IP-check on all accounts that sign up in this thread? This might cause problems for couples playing or people sharing wifi, but it is pretty effective.

Zar

Maybe I am thinking too simple here, but can't you ask a moderator to do an IP-check on all accounts that sign up in this thread? This might cause problems for couples playing or people sharing wifi, but it is pretty effective.

Zar

Hi Zar,

That is an option however the forum moderators are volunteers and already have a lot of work to do.
I think this would overburden them tbh.

I prefer to use alternate measures. But thanks for the input :)

Cheers,
Viper

Hi Ancient LandStalker Neverborn ign account made in nov 11 but only ard 5-7 days real playing time as the net went out on me. Would like to give the whole hunting thing more tries as so far not been doing well and a break from nonstop mind numbing sweating would be great ;)

Hi Ancient LandStalker Neverborn ign account made in nov 11 but only ard 5-7 days real playing time as the net went out on me. Would like to give the whole hunting thing more tries as so far not been doing well and a break from nonstop mind numbing sweating would be great ;)

Hey there Neverborn,

Welcome to the initiative and no worries, the internet can play up from time to time :)

I will add you to the list for Feb-2013.

Cheers,
Viper

For those looking to find me ingame,

This is what I look like now, other than the hat which will be black soon :)

newavatarlook01.jpg

Revision 3 - The new initiative implementation for smoother operation and potential.

Hi All,

In a previous post (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-for-Calypso&p=3063702&viewfull=1#post3063702) I mentioned that I was looking to better implement the Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative to better improve its potential and to weed out those who may take advantage of the good will of the initiative.

I will revise this post for that new implementation.
Any feedback is welcomed once I have completed it.

Cheers,
Viper

Title: Revision 3 of the Viperstrike 2013 FREE Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative.

viper-banner-728x90.jpg

threadtitlegraphicblackwhitetext.jpg

Hello to all Newcomers,

I bid you a big welcome to Planet Calypso in the Entropia Universe.

Before we start, Revision 3 of the Initiative, FEB to DEC 2013:

Revision 2 Link > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Newcomer-Starter-Pack-Initiative-for-Calypso

With a review of the previous initiative and a some problematic issues that I faced during the last month running the initiative involving "suspected" multiple accounts. Revision 3 will ensure that more starter packs (60 in total) will go out each month along with a guaranteed grand prize at the end of the month while resolving the issues I have faced in the last month. The starter kits and monthly prize will be awarded to those who have completed a simple set of tasks assigned as conditions. More on these tasks later.

A small introduction to I am:

My ingame name is Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike, this is my second avatar in the Entropia Universe, back recently from a long break. My first was Fire Sparkz Lavawalker who is now retired (account closed) for reasons I can not disclose as they are of a private RL nature.

I have been a participant in the Entropia Universe for nearly six years now and I can claim that I too are still a newbie when it comes to many things in our Universe. However that being said, I have gained a lot of knowledge over the years and through experience have learned about some of the things, what to do and what not to do to help grow the player base when it comes to first time newcomer players.

Introducing the Viperstrike 2013 Newcomer Starter Pack Initiative

What is this all about?:

In simple terms, I will be giving away to newcomer participants a portion of the PED I deposit each month in the form of "Newcomer Starter Packs" valued at 25 PED each.

How does this work and how do I claim a Newcomer Starter Pack?:

Note: You must be less than 1 month old ingame to claim a "Newcomer Starter pack".

The goal behind this is to get you actively involved within the community, both on this forum and within the game. Once these tasks have been achieved, you will be rewarded with your Newcomer Starter Pack.

There are a set of tasks one must complete before claiming their newcomer starter pack,
these are as follows:

1. Registering with this forum - Planet Calypso Forum (PCF)
  2. Posting a proper introduction to say hello and a little about yourself including your full ingame name
  3. Posting a request to join a society ingame if you have not already joined one.
  4. Posting a request for a mentor if you do not already have one.
  5. A post from both your society leader and mentor to welcome you aboard.
  6. Adding myself as a friend ingame so we can chat - Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
  7. Finally - You must acquire the teleporter in game known as "Neas Place".
Please Note: Your forum sign in name is different from your Entropia game login details, do not make these the same.

Request for a societies can be made in this section of the forum >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-SocTalk

Request for a mentor can be made in this section of the forum >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?66-Mentors-and-Disciples

Details on Nea's Place can be found here on our wiki >
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=LandArea&name=Amethera_Outback_Land_#16

Details on how to add me Ingame:

To add me ingame, please search the register to find: Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike

: Picture on how to do this.

What the "Newcomer Starter Package" includes:

This will include the follow Trade Terminal items:

• 1 x Vivo T1 ~ 9 PED, repairable and recommended level to use 0.0
  • 1 x Sollomate Opalo Laser Rifle ~ 4 PED, repairable and recommended level to use 0.0
  • 120,000 x Weapon Cells Ammo for the Laser Rifle ~ 12 PED

Total Package Value = 25 PED

simplelifettstartpack.jpg

What the "Monthly Grand Prize" includes:

It will include the following goodies:
  • Level 0.0 Mindforce Starter Pack ~ 100 PED
  • Level 0.0 Melee Weapon Starter Pack ~ 100 PED
  • Canis Armor Starter Pack ~ 150 PED
  • Quad Wing Interceptor ~ 100 PED
  • Fuel & Ammo ~ 50 PED

Total value inclusive of markups = 500 PED

Some happy snaps:

janmonthlygrandprize.jpg
&
canisarmor.jpg

Conditions of entering the grand prize:

You must use your "Newcomer Starter Pack" wisely to both enter and then claim the grand prize if you win.

The condition for entry is that you complete the "Kill 100 Puny creatures" mission.
The condition for claiming the grand prize if you win is to complete the "Kill 500 Puny creatures" mission.

The mission broker for the "Puny Mission" is at Camp Icarus.

On a final note:

Registerations for FEB-2013 will occur between the 1st and 15th of Feb.
After this date, you will need to wait until the March entries.

This gives the registrant ample time to complete the tasks set to claim their pack;
And ample time to complete the kill 100 puny creatures mission to enter the grand prize.

Take Care and Good Luck,
Viper

Last edited:
If you spot anything I may have missed, please let me know.

Hey guys and gals,

If I have missed anything from the above post that you think should be included (or changed), please let me know. I intend to have a new thread created in 2 days time with revision 3 being active.

Cheers,
Viper

Hello Planet Calypso

Hi All

My name is Amanda but around these parts I shal be known as:

TheGodess Eris Discordia

I've just started playing this month and already have found my friends list growing. The community in ganme is so welcoming i hope that i can have as much luck making friends on these forums. This is a great Initiative viper, very admirable.

Hi All

My name is Amanda but around these parts I shal be known as:

TheGodess Eris Discordia

I've just started playing this month and already have found my friends list growing. The community in ganme is so welcoming i hope that i can have as much luck making friends on these forums. This is a great Initiative viper, very admirable.

Welcome aboard Eris,

I shall add you to the Feb-2013 list once it arrives in a few days.

Just to note, there will be a new thread for Revision 3, posted above, of which you will be automatically added to!

Cheers,
Viper

Hi All,

I am getting a lot of requests now to join the FEB-2013 initiative.

I will start a new thread for revision 3 and add those from this thread already registered to it,

Please await the new thread to be created, this one will be locked once complete.

Cheers,
Viper

Thread closed at OP request.

Status
Back