Anyone noticed the nerf?

Status
You are the one that just presented green lines and watching pro standing bar movement as evidence. That is your level of participation in this discussion.

Um, yeah. Because that's how the game works.

You know, you receive skill gains in your chat window. Then you look at your professional increases and judge whether the hunt was productive in terms of skill gains, basing that off prior experience.

Twist the scenario and call me names all you want. Maybe you'll win the political argument. You know, because it doesnt matter how something actually works. It matters how many people you can get to support you and sing your particular tune.

Regardless of who wins this particular day, I'll be in game gaining my skills. I gained a full professional level in a 3 hour mindforce hunt yesterday night. So whatever your problem is, I dont seem to have it. I have no idea what you'll be doing, but apparently its not gaining skills.

Sorry to hear that.

By the way, i can name logical fallacies too. Name Calling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_calling

Are your arguments so flimsy you have to resort to that? Really.

Last edited:

You know, you receive skill gains in your chat window. Then you look at your professional increases and judge whether the hunt was productive in terms of skill gains, basing that off prior experience.

Twist the scenario and call me names all you want. Maybe you'll win the political argument. You know, because it doesnt matter how something actually works. It matters how many people you can get to support you and sing your particular tune.

Regardless of who wins this particular day, I'll be in game gaining my skills. I gained a full professional level in a 3 hour mindforce hunt yesterday night. So whatever your problem is, I dont seem to have it. I have no idea what you'll be doing, but apparently its not gaining skills.

Sorry to hear that.

Don't tell me how the game works, I probably have 50x your skill volume, have chipped out more than in, and haven't deposited in over 5 years. Thanks.

That's not how you measure skill gains. You could gain 3 ped tt of something or 5 ped and you may not notice the difference. Don't come here saying "can you prove it" asking for facts and then NOT present facts that prove anything either but act like you did.

I don't care really how many people want to believe me or the others that knew how skill gains worked. In fact it was and probably somewhat still is an advantage for me to know things some others do not. I actually thought I was doing some people a favor by pointing something out they may not have understood but now I am regretting it.

Sorry to hear that.

By the way, i can name logical fallacies too. Name Calling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_calling

Are your arguments so flimsy you have to resort to that? Really.

Replying in kind. But feel free to focus on that so you can ignore the rest.

Don't tell me how the game works, I probably have 50x your skill volume, have chipped out more than in, and haven't deposited in over 5 years. Thanks.

I just did.

What are you going to do about it? Cry some more? Really...

Replying in kind. But feel free to focus on that so you can ignore the rest.

I'll focus on the argument at hand, thank you. Not your particular attacks on me personally. I could give a rats ass what you think about me. Youre wrong. Youre fucking wrong. Period.

This thread is fucking trash. Mods need to do their job and remove it. Excessive negativity rules account for nothing if you dont actually enforce them. Unbelievable that people let shit like this continue, and then wonder why folks are skeptical about this game.

Players keep willfully damaging it, and the forum, the products largest PR tool, is actually being used against the product.

This thread is fucking trash. Mods need to do their job and remove it. Excessive negativity rules account for nothing if you dont actually enforce them. Unbelievable that people let shit like this continue, and then wonder why folks are skeptical about this game.

Players keep willfully damaging it, and the forum, the products largest PR tool, is actually being used against the product.

So, expressing an opinion that skill gains were lowered for some mobs is "excessive negativity" and "willfully damaging"?

:loco:

Don't start dropping f bombs and trying to turn it into something personal so you can get the thread locked because it's not going your way. I'll just start another, as it is a legitimate subject.

duplicate removed

So, expressing an opinion that skill gains were lowered for some mobs is "excessive negativity" and "willfully damaging"?

:loco:

If its just an opinion, why are you attacking others for their opposing viewpoints with namecalling? You seem awfully wedded to this opinion! This is the 3rd time in what, half a dozen posts between you and I that you are attempting to undermine my points by attacking my person. I have to wonder: Is that all you've got?

Anyhow, it seems like more than just an opinion to me.

This seems like a rather large (9 pages large) amount of unnecessary bitching for the sake of self gratification.

Don't start dropping f bombs and trying to turn it into something personal so you can get the thread locked because it's not going your way. I'll just start another, as it is a legitimate subject.

F Bombs? You mean like fuck? Fuck that. I'll fucking do and say whatever I damn well please. It's not for any sort of sinister strategy though. It's because that's how I fucking talk. Deal with it.

While you apparently are concerned about back room motivations (mine and MA's at least, but who else I wonder), I'm just offering a response. One I believe in because I see it. I see me skilling like normal, and I see you bitching about not skilling as fast.

One of us is obviously wrong. Now, considering the game seems to think I leveled up last night, and I seem to think I leveled up last night, I have a hard time believing that you are correct.

some mobs

I get it though. It's not the mobs I'm hunting. Right, so skill gains werent nerfed. Because if skill gains were nerfed, it would be the mobs I'm hunting. I would be the mobs everyone is hunting.

It would be across the board.

What's the mob you're noticing this problem on? Were the skill gains on it high, and therefore was it a favorable mob to hunt? Might have been a mob balance issue. Kindof like the unbelievably high uberloots that used to drop from Leviathans, encouraging everyone and their mom to camp that spawn.

Skill gains as a whole though remain unaffected. This you must acknowledge, because you already state that this is not a universal problem.

If skill gains are unaffected, then a post saying skill gains are affected that is 9 pages long is not only wrong, but it is unnecessary and encourages discontent, doing the product a disservice. Therefore it falls under the excessive negativity rule, and should be removed.

Point and game. I win.

Last edited:
Ahhh the Possessed Staiger on RT were really cool isn't it Hijacker ;),
but they have been "adjusted"... lol.

Possessed Staiger were crazy.

Oh, wait, we're crazy and there was no mob/skill changes, ever, sorry.

If its just an opinion, why are you attacking others for their opposing viewpoints with namecalling? You seem awfully wedded to this opinion! This is the 3rd time in what, half a dozen posts between you and I that you are attempting to undermine my points by attacking my person. I have to wonder: Is that all you've got?

Anyhow, it seems like more than just an opinion to me.

This seems like a rather large (9 pages large) amount of unnecessary bitching for the sake of self gratification.

F Bombs? You mean like fuck? Fuck that. I'll fucking do and say whatever I damn well please. It's not for any sort of sinister strategy though. It's because that's how I fucking talk. Deal with it.

Please stop crying about "name calling" and get back to the topic tough guy.

Please stop crying about "name calling" and get back to the topic tough guy.

Sorry I was editing. Feel free to re-read my post above. I'm focusing in on your name calling habits because they illustrate argumentative weakness. And because it's fun. So keep it up. Really it only provides me with a reason to engage you. Because you are telling me you want to play.

OK, let's play.

Possessed Staiger were crazy.

Oh, wait, we're crazy and there was no mob/skill changes, ever, sorry.

At least we were playing in peace from the ignorant people who are talking in forums like if they knew everything, and who are still talking...

Btw : Mayhem Team T4 mobs

before vu : Kerberos L93, Araneatrox L148, Yulebot L252
After vu : Kerberos L78, Araneatrox L124, Yulebot L218

If skill gains are unaffected, then a post saying skill gains are affected that is 9 pages long is not only wrong, but it is unnecessary and encourages discontent, doing the product a disservice. Therefore it falls under the excessive negativity rule, and should be removed.
I win.

How can you complain about a 9 page thread of "negativity" when a bulk lot of the posts are yours complaining about the thread topic, and topic validity, and in fact even peoples right to discuss the recent skill changes.

You don't agree there have been skill changes, this may or may not be because of your lack of proper tracking skill numbers choosing to simply looking at a % meter.

Everyone understands you don't agree, but trying to shit all over the thread, while complaining about negativity just seems absurd.

How can you complain about a 9 page thread of "negativity" when a bulk lot of the posts are yours complaining about the thread topic, and topic validity, and in fact even peoples right to discuss the recent skill changes.

A bulk? 2 pages include my replies. That means less than 2 pages compose them.

That's not a bulk.

I see now where people are lumping an adjustment of a handful of mobs at most into "OMG SKILL GAINZ HAS BEEN NURFED!"

It's all a big exaggeration, a lie, a phantom. Do you have a right to do this? No, you dont. This isnt free speech land, full of fairies and unicorns. In case you have not read the papers, free speech is dead worldwide. In a video game owned by a corporate entity there is no such thing as free speech. Your only rights are the rights to shut the fuck up and either pay or not pay. Everything else is something that is granted to you, and can be taken away at will, unless specified otherwise by legal and binding contract.

Free speech is definitely not part of the TOU of EU, or this forum.

your absolutly right 2 pages out of 9 is not excessive.

however, every post filled with negative hate on people discussing the possibility of a skill nerf...probably is

Blah. Blah. Blah. I posted some screenshots for proof that what i say is always right! I am important! Blahhhhhh Blah Blah blah blah.

Sorry dude but if anyone is making a fool out of himself it is you. You hoping to get upgrades to your castle by getting those nuts dangled on your forehead or what? I have seen changes on more than a handful of mobs.. You simply hitting mobs and still getting skills gains as your irrefutable proof is a joke after some people that hunt alot more than you in many of these similar threads have presented some good evidence for the contrary. But let me guess you just know that MA did not do this.. Hmmm. Also by your tone and language and incessant need to be always right i have put you on ignore.

--Mod's note--
Three threads made by the same person about the same topic are completely unnecessary.

Threads merged.
--Mod's note--

EDIT:
--Other Mod's note--
Quit the angry arguing. Either discuss the subject with details, facts & reason, or agree to disagree and move on.
--Mod's note--

Last edited:
your absolutly right 2 pages out of 9 is not excessive.

however, every post filled with negative hate on people discussing the possibility of a skill nerf...probably is

I dont hate you guys. I do have a severe distaste for the paranoia and conspiracy theories that abound on this forum. Yeah, I know. This is the internet and an MMORPG. Pissed players are on forums for every game. However over the last few years I've come to the conclusion that folks in EU take complaining to a whole new level.

That they call it analysis or critique doesnt fool me, Its complaining, same as in WoW where some folks think Vanilla WoW is best and expansion whatever-it-is ruined it, or in Darkfall where the old guard are upset that the game has been revamped to be easier to handle and thus actually have the capacity to involve more players than just the same select group of people who have been gaming together since they played Ultima Online on shard XYZ.

What I am doing is, just as aggressively as you are promoting your viewpoint, promoting mine. I'm really not sorry if it wrecks your complaint thread. Most of these complaints are foolish, and they ultimately serve nobodies interest. I mean, if what folks say when they complain is true then who in their right mind would want to play this game? This shit is scary to new players. I know. When I first arrived I was swayed by the complaint threads of McCormick, mastermesh, Centech, and many others. I suspected I might have made a mistake coming here, not because of any truth, but because people here have such crummy attitudes. Fortunately I ran into some folks who were able to correct my misconceptions. That's what I'm doing here. If its your 'right' to make these assertations on a routine enough basis, its my 'right' to counter them.

That's all.

Really, its nothing personal. I actually like some of you guys and your posts on different topics. Including you, Mungo. Even though you've taken to complaining alot lately, I think you're an OK dude.

Last edited:
please close thread,

ok.

For those that are tracking possible changes in skilling levels, either open a new thread, or keep the info to yourself and let this issue die on the forum.

In either case, please no more silly arguments. Thanks.

:locked:

Status
Back