Port Atlantis Overcrowded!

Status

Kim|MindArk

Former Planet Calypso Official
Dear Calypsians,

We have a problem with overcrowding on the Port Atlantis/Camp Icarus server during peak hours. This is caused by the large influx of new players due to the success of the current ad-campaign.

We are working on increasing the capacity but until then we kindly ask for your help so that the new players who join actually have somewhere to go after the gateway/Thule.

So how can you help?

• If you're socializing, trading etc please consider choosing another location like Twin Peaks.
  • If you're out hunting or mining, see if you can hunt the same creature or mine the same resource on another area.
  • If you have disciples that you know play near Port Atlantis, let them know of alternative areas!

Last edited:
i dunno if no noe is there then new playes will think that this game is empty. gj on the ad campaign though:laugh:

Well done with the add campaign :)

Something simple MA could do is have us enter the planet from space at a different location.

Oki so now the "huge" success with the ad campaign. Now your job is to keep them here for at least a few weeks. :silly2:

Well I guess I could move on from punies to allo...

Nice problem to have :computer:

Well done with the add campaign :)

Something simple MA could do is have us enter the planet from space at a different location.

Yes I think a new space entry location would probably be a good move.
Perhaps one of the space port/hanger locations?
Or perhaps randomly between all of them?

Reactions: Pig
It would be much easier if new players had another Puny spawn available. - Unfortunately, right now Cape Corinth is no option for beginners, either.

New players do get free rides to other sweating spots (Nea's, OLA 42), which helps the Icarus area, but which causes these areas to be too crowded for comfort as well.

To be honest, I'm not sure what area I could suggest for new players atm.

To be honest, I'm not sure what area I could suggest for new players atm.

Newbie rig could be an option but i fear that's in the same server? or some newbie spawn area like atlas haven. I haven't hunted anything near atlas haven so not sure if any newbie mobs there ...

I suspect its more Icarus that's overcrowded - can you split that onto a different server from PA? I've got a shop to maintain in PA, so don't really want to avoid that area...:scratch2:

Newbie rig could be an option but i fear that's in the same server? or some newbie spawn area like atlas haven. I haven't hunted anything near atlas haven so not sure if any newbie mobs there ...

Good point.

What areas are affected, Kim? Orthos is on another server, I guess?

Atlas has sported a very ugly mixed spawn including Foul, Snarg and Faux for a long time. :(

So No Welcoming Parties?? :confused::confused:

[*]If you're out hunting or mining, see if you can hunt the same creature or mine the same resource on another area.

As far as I know, Port Atlantis server is the only place that has "puny" mobs.

If they still are there, it's only the place with a good spawn of jamraiders (and attackers?).

Port Atlantis is where you land when you come from space.

Beginner oil rig is in the area.

New missions is in the area (Nus Lull).

Waves: Rippersnapper Frenzy wave and Sabakuma Pit.

(Of less importance: Spider Crater. Chirpy.)

Port Atlantis is the only location I know about right away with small mobs (ie snables and exo) near a TP since Aloode lost its TP - or is there another place with mobs like that? (Daikiba is within reach of Fort Zeus if you can dodge the cornas).

I don't think it's much trading in the area. Maybe if someone who has access to wormhole chip (which I don't have) can help show beginners Twin Peaks (for trading) and Neas Place (for sweating).

Back in VU9, there was a server border immediately north of Port Atlantis, between Port Atlantis, to separate sweat camp from the city. Though maybe it's harder now to make a division (less use for it) as nearly all professional trading nowdays is in Twin Peaks.

Again the fastest way to solve this would probably be to help the beginners get to Twin Peaks and Neas Place. If there is another low-level hunting area (not sure if Fort Isis suits here) maybe it's a good idea taking them there.

Last edited:
dont put all your eggs in same basket...

why not clone begginer area to some other server , and split necomer between those area...

also , create fast some spaw of puny around some desert town , and give us the info...

Argus is a good area for newbs after the Icarus missions. Plenty of Snablesnot on the hill youngs to olds, and upto guardian and dom's on the beach. Could send some to the lake north of PA for combibo and snables as well. Then there are the But..ol.s that take them to space and abadon them there, way to encourage new players.

Orthos west mound has a good spanw of Caut's and some low level drone and Daikiba's. The river east of the PA lake has some prancer to dom's and Cauts to dom as well for low lvl group hunts. The island in the river has some argo's young to guardian i believe as well for low lvl groups.

Good point.

What areas are affected, Kim? Orthos is on another server, I guess?

Atlas has sported a very ugly mixed spawn including Foul, Snarg and Faux for a long time. :(

Here's a picture of the affected area:

One thing that should be easy to fix is to change the landing area for ships from space, to for instance spaceport Athena (make people arrive near TP of course). (Just make sure people who arrive from space automatically get port atlantis marina). Landing in Athena Spaceport would reduce time it takes to land.

Another suggestion though that would lead to a crowded area would be everyone arrives in twin peaks. Practical, but might cause load to another loaded area.

Changing landing place would at least relieve the load from PA for people who want to go straight to other places like Twin Peaks.

Here's a picture of the affected area:

This is a much bigger area than I thought :(

... Snable areas would be a option I guess, and I think I remember someone organizing sweating/swunting at Ithaca. I have no idea, though, how well that worked.

Error 37 we meet again :laugh:

jk, good job I guess :scratch2:

Sssjomeone hash a sjpeetsch impediment...

Back on topic: But...where am I going to shoot my punies now??

It probably also doesn't help that there are often people spawning dozens of vehicles around the camp for no reason other than to show off :dunno:

Overcrowding due to so many new players is a good type of problem tho, and the increase has been very noticeable for people who, like me, have been hanging out there while low on PED :)

Its fun to help some newbies, but its even more fun when there are a lot of them, so there is always an ongoing conversation :yay:

Good jo9b on ad campaign Kim,

Hope all works out :)

Yes, im back as one of those newbies lol :D

• If you're out hunting or mining, see if you can hunt the same creature or mine the same resource on another area.

Problem is, the area around there hold fairly unique spawns of mobs. If you want people to hunt other places, you need to include new, clean and dense spawns of newbie mobs somewhere else on Eudoria.

Mobs I'm thinking of;
Young berycled, Mature-Provider Daikiba, Young-Old Combibo, Young-Old Exarosaur etc. :wise:

Nice problem to have, I suppose, but one that is easily avoidable and should have been addressed a long time ago. Some of us have been telling you for years that you need to stop forcing people to visit already busy areas in order to access mission brokers, event areas, etc when they could be placed elsewhere.

Why is the Steel Bird mission broker in PA? Why is the attribute token guy in PA? Why do we always need to go to PA to get the Merry Mayhem mission? Why is the Feffoid cave and broker in this area?

On top of these permanent fixtures, why were the Attackers, Spider Bombers and Jamraiders from the robot invasion put in this area without (as far as I'm aware) any alternative spawns of the same mobs elsewhere? Why are they still there 2-3 months later?

All of these things (plus the space entry issue already mentioned by a number of people) are, and have always been, totally unnecessary and inappropriate in this location.

Yes, im back as one of those newbies lol :D

Kim, I think I found your problem :laugh:

:eureka: What if someone set up a wormhole from Icarus to real oil rig? Could have events of past? Could be complete mayhem too... Do we have newbie friendly societies perhaps they can help "resue" newbies should they get trapped inside oil barrels :)

I have a wormhole chip somewhere never used it perhaps now could be a good time to learn?

Yes I agree on changing the landing area to Athena. Should have been this from the start. ;) Add a nice spawn of puny's at Atlas Haven like it was before, then when server is close to max or even lower, route some to atlas haven. Nice area to work with, and its close by the TT. Also it would be a great area for mentors.

Other then that, I like the idea that we have a nice large influx of new people to the game. Help them stay around and then we will have our EU again. :yay: Second option... add more servers? :D

Nice problem to have, I suppose, but one that is easily avoidable and should have been addressed a long time ago. Some of us have been telling you for years that you need to stop forcing people to visit already busy areas in order to access mission brokers, event areas, etc when they could be placed elsewhere.

:wise:
I really love how Ark has the mission terminals everywhere with tons of missions, Caly should just do the same as that. Since we have entropedia & vehicles, everyone can just go check and get to a mission broker anyway, having them everywhere and so many different ones isn't really an adventure/discovery thing, might as well just make it less of a pain in the @$$ and copy Ark :).

Status
Back