Entropia Universe Integrates Paypal and Zong - Gamasutra

News Bot

Guardian
If withdrawal to paypal without delay is made available its bad news imo, hope its just a deposit option.

Bug abuse and scamming will skyrocket if possibility to move stolen peds outside game fast is an option.

If withdrawal to paypal without delay is made available its bad news imo, hope its just a deposit option.

Bug abuse and scamming will skyrocket if possibility to move stolen peds outside game fast is an option.

The press release only speaks of deposit and purchase using GayPal, not of withdrawal. I assume that's for precisely the reason you mention, bug abuse. Oh, and I'm sure MA does not mind sitting on the peds for 2-3 months more.

In theory we could withdraw using our debit and credit cards it's just that MA never supported it, the UK lottery uses this method for withdrawing winnings from online accounts.

It would still need MA's system schedule / trigger a withdrawal so they would still be in charge of when it happened.

Why do they know about this before the playerbase?

Finally!
I was waiting for a way to spend my Paypal money!

Fee and Trade

I wonder if the fee 10 USD around.. 96.5peds will be the same or will it change...to a lower one but big news, awesome news.

Sales of items is going to be skyrocketed I assume between trusting parties...and poor scammed people. No idea what is zong never heard of it.

Aranthir Athal Lander

I wonder if the fee 10 USD around.. 96.5peds will be the same or will it change...to a lower one but big news, awesome news.
r

Paypal fee = 4%

I hope MA had some hotshot lawyers check the contract over as this could be a timebomb waiting to go off.

PayPal have a shameful track record of covering their own ass by immediately recovering funds from recipients instead of taking responsibility and investigating properly beforehand when a chargeback or anything remotely dodgy surfaces.

On the plus side at least PCF would be busy with people passing the time due to their EU account being locked because they bought something off auction that somewhere along the line was touched by funds deposited via PayPal. :rolleyes:

Paypal Update

Alot of people mention Paypal and associate to scamming.

If Paypal is implemented as a payment option, there is no way you can scam EU. There are no contracts or lawyers needed.
When EU sets a business account with paypal, there is a ping (coding) installed on both ends, this is a proof of delivery of virtual items.
So when you depo $100 US, EU will give you the PED and ping Paypal, which receives a proof of delivery!
When this happens you cannot open a dispute to get the $ back.

Some of my sites sale virtual items or downloadable items (bits of code,software, scripts, etc)
There is always a smart ass trying to scam, but it doesn't work.

So when you depo $100 US, EU will give you the PED and ping Paypal, which receives a proof of delivery!

The monthly deposit limit through Paypal is US$ 50. :rolleyes:

I'm sick of all these new ways to deposit....I only had a problem once depositing through DIBS

Deposits are not the problem, withdrawal are!

Maybe I would be more encouraged to deposit if I knew I can withdraw them quickly

And if Paypal withdrawal are made available but still needs MA confirmation for each transaction then it's the same shit as now

I knew about Paypal, but first time I read about Zong and depositing with it in Entropia.
I am scared to use it, but it will be cool for people where paypal or bank account is hard to make.
Good move for sure.

The current withdrawal 'delay' has nothing to do with the provider, but is there because MA manually checks if everything is ok, probably to prevent scam peds to be withdrawn, money laundry etc.

So withdrawing to Paypal wouldn't change anything.

The current withdrawal 'delay' has nothing to do with the provider, but is there because MA manually checks if everything is ok, probably to get as much interest on youre money

Fixed for you

I'm sick of all these new ways to deposit....I only had a problem once depositing through DIBS

Deposits are not the problem, withdrawal are!

Maybe I would be more encouraged to deposit if I knew I can withdraw them quickly

And if Paypal withdrawal are made available but still needs MA confirmation for each transaction then it's the same shit as now

I dont have any problem withdrawing. I almost always get mine within the stated 60 days, and never have I waited more than 75 days.

Perhaps your problem withdrawing is not that the system is not working, but that, as you say above, its not quick enough.

Some folks would say that the 'need for speed' is an actual, social problem. That we live in a culture of instant gratification, and when we dont get gratified instantly we cry like infants.

Because of this dichotomy in viewpoints I feel safe in saying that as long as the system works, and works basically as stated, there's nothing amiss. Perhaps it will be modified one day to have a shorter turnaround. Who knows?

The Entropia part starts at 1:52min :

Tested Zong mobile :D really fast transaction :D for 8 Euro they gived me this

Special Issue Carbine (L)-5ped TT
Special Issue Weapon Cell -41 ped TT. (410k)
Special Issue Medkit (L)-1 ped TT
Special Issue Extractor (L)-1,20 ped TT from 8 ped TTalmost broken :D
Special Issue Finder (L)-1,40 ped TT from 9 ped TT almost broken :D(6 pec decay drop)
Special Issue Survey Probe -32.90 ped (658 -probes)
Special Issue face-guard (M,L)-0,34 ped
Special Issue gloves (M,L)-0,27 ped
Special Issue arm-guards (M,L)-0,52 ped
Special Issue foot guards (M,L)-0,27 ped
Special Issue harness (M,L)-0,74 ped
Special Issue thigh-guards (M,L) -0,52 ped
Special Issue shin-guards (M,L)-0,34 ped

All items are non-tradeable and non-sellable(including ammo and probes here)(WTF ----in RCE) Now in case that Finder/weapons broke ...if I can't sell ammo/probes to TT ...so is not so fun having non-sellable ammo/probes ---they should let you selling to TT atleast .

Btw finder eats only 3 probes (I will have a bunch of them because finder decay very fast)

Last edited:
Don't use 8 euro Zong mobile deposit....the finder will brake fast and I have 29.60 ped of special issue probes ...the TT give 0.00 ped

Last edited:
any news on these special issue shits? one of my disciples is very angry because he has 100ped worth bombs and ammo he cannot use..

Back